Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn (488 Views)

Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP / National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn by atlwireles: 1:06am On Dec 25, 2013
THE Federal Government has proposed a total sum of one hundred billion naira for the completion of major federal roads among which are the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Benin-Ore Shagamu Road, Kano-Maiduguri dualisation, among others.

The N100 billion is to be sourced from the SURE-P fund for 2014, which amounts to a total of two hundred and sixty eight billion naira, a breakdown of the budget proposal presented to the National Assembly by the Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has revealed.

According to the proposal, N20 billion naira was allocated to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; N20 billion was budgeted for Lokoja-Abuja Road; N10 billion naira to go for Benin-Ore-Sahagamu Road, while Calabar- Katsina Ala Road has N5 billion.

Other roads targeted through the Sure-P fund include Kano-Maiduguri dualisation, which got N12 billion; Port Harcourt-Enugu-Onisha with N11 billion; second Niger Bridge with N10 billion naira as counterparts funding, while special presidential intervention across the country was allocated N12 billion.

The long running East - West Road was also accommodated with a whopping sum of thirty billion naira, coolwhile Oweto Bridge got N7 billion.

The budget proposal also targeted investment in rail transportation, with Lagos-Ibadan getting N5 billion naira; Port-Hacourt-Maiduguri rail revitalisation allocated N16 billion and Abuja-Kaduna rail covering track and rolling stock got a total sum of N22 billion naira.

The balance of the fund after the allocations for road and rail projects was allocated to the social safety net programme under Sure-P. A total of N68 billion was allocated to safety nets programmes which include Graduate Internship programme, maternal care, public works, youth, among others.

The executive arm of government had calculated the subsidy removal inflow with a benchmark of N15 billion per month in 12 places for 2014, totalling N180 billion. The unspent balance of N88 billion from 2013 was added to make the total of N268 billion available for spending in 2014.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013

1 Like

Re: Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn by atlwireles: 2:05am On Dec 25, 2013
wink
Re: Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn by taharqa: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2013
This sum is the share of SURE-P going to Road Infrastructure, right? It excludes d sum allocated to d road sector from d normal budget listings, which shld also be at least another #100bn....
Re: Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn by obitwo: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Once again the Second Niger Bridge is missing in the equation

I think Tompolo should build it and toll the bridge
Re: Budget 2014: Lagos-ibadan, Other Federal Roads To Gulp N100bn by taharqa: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2013
obitwo: Once again the Second Niger Bridge is missing in the equation

I think Tompolo should build it and toll the bridge
Like I just told you minutes ago on another thread, you have an inability to comprehend simple English that you read. Go and find a solution to d ailment, fast....

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Submits Self To Rights Commission Over Obasanjo’s Accusation / 2013: Say The Good, The Bad And The Ugly About Yourself, Family And Nigeria / Italian Navy Rescue 233 Migrants From Africa At The Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.