Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,268 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... (39057 Views)

Rumble In Mike Adenuga’s Globacom / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail / To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by beecroftNaija: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2013
Before it will be too late... Globacom ( I know Dr. Adenuga will be blocked from reading this..)
It is with great concern and a terribly bleeding heart that i write this mail.
It is born out of serious concern, love and respect i have for the ownership of this company, Globacom....

But the way things are going on in Glo calls for serious concern. This is also a really big shame to the corporate world which i want to believe that Dr. Mike Adenuga is not aware of... Things are nose diving to the extent unimaginable in the history of Corporate Nigeria.
A supposed best-thing ever to have come out from nigeria is being run like a pure water petty hawking venture..

As a christian, it is unGodly to keep quiet and not report any unGodly treatment of fellow humans and grand plan to mess up and relegate to history the hardwork of a man whose vision is to contribute positively to his nation's advancement.
A lot of us are dying internally with dwindling financial stand to take care of our loved ones.... virtually begging to feed. After years of working at Globacom, nothing to show for it... I mean it, it is really very tough, horrible and terrible for most staff.
No excitement working at Globacom,, staff are ill-motivated, disgruntled and looking unto the lord and singing " show us the way oh.. lord..(except for the tiny few Ogas at the uppermost top earning what they dont deserve or opportuned to be a deceptive rat cornering some cool cash somewhere)
The Xmas and New year season is around the corner with no new excitements, rather an increasing heart-breaks full of terrible regrets.
Above all, most staff now look unto Almighty God to show them the way out of the company for a better one..(even on lower pay..)

It is the worst of the GSM-Mobile operator to work for.... Being run in a manner similar to the way our dear country is being run.. (think Globacom.. think Nigeria)
No respect for professionalism, back-stabbing, man-know-man, severe lawlessness, lack of standard-business ethics, deceit of ownership,near NO Training?--in a prison like enviroment, etc.

The management is taking advantage of the corrupt/ lawlessness in Nigeria to short-changed and damage the career of young Nigerians.
Those seeing the company from outside will never understand the gravity of the industrial wrong-doings going on within the company.Promised Medical---419 and a disgrace, Promised Mortgage-419 , Promised Salary Review/ Bumper-- Mother of all wickedness, evil and crime against Nigerians.
In one of the threads on Linda Ikeji blog earlier in the year, where i read with utmost shock that "If the witches of your family wants to get at you, they will make you to get a job at Globacom" or something like that....It seems that the statement is now becoming a reality...
Working at Globacom now seems to be a course rather than a blessing.

Most recently, we were all aware of the dwindling revenue from Sales which has been a topic of discuss in recent months.

I wonder why the company have not taken a more strategic approach to stop the trend, rather the ownership adopted the most ridiculous, inhumane and wicked approach of 70-30 salary bastardisation to only a few staff(most recently in a unit with worst representation)

Though the issue of targets, rewards and penalties are not strange in the corporate world, but the way it is done in Globacom shows the company lacks standard corporate ethics and also shows the kind of people running the company. What do you expect when the headships are full of people that lacks innovations with unintelligent and archaic ideas, and pros in deceiving the owner with evil and corrupt ideas and recommendations.

Take for example in sales: Have they ever wondered why revenue is dropping..? Several factors to the best of my knowledge can be the cause: viz: lack of strategic product pricing by Marketting, ridiculously bad promos (Marketting not affected by 70-30), No product visibilities by Marcoms (Marcoms not affected by 70-30),, poor network by Technical mainly due to Power issue caused by companies owned by some Known Ogas at the top (the Technical Ogas are not affected by 70-30.. with their fat salaries... They tactically exclude themselves when they are the major problem the unit is facing), failure of Legal to effect prompt processing of rent renewal,
, and the de-motivations caused by the 70-30 itself, employment of some incompetent so-called expartriates that slows things down, .. and many many more....
Why is it that the company decided to adopt that for us at Sales department, when the overall control never lies in our hands alone... Even if you decide to tie us to the stake and point a double barrel
gun at them, no way any magic can be done...

The company will continue to miss out the Billions ( to a much ethically organised MTN, Etisalat and Airtel.. please note that they are light-years organised and structured than Glo) if the present crops of deceptive advisers/ so-called unit heads are not flushed out of the system.

This is to say, the growth of the company like any other company is in the hands of all staff....
And most recently, this 70-30 was deeply introduced to Technical (no information passed to affected staff before implementation ...just an arbitrary and sudden implementation with a lot left with no money to at least eat as they have taken loans far more than the 70percent paid)
.. I think with this, it has shown that the company has really missed the point further gravely.
It has shown to finally confirm that the company is heading for total collapse.. The company is now like a proverbial dog that will never hear the call of the hunter..
Globacom, for goodness sake is a core Technical company.. Rather than motivating those responsible for providing the service which the company sells, the company chose
to de-motivate them further... serious abandonement of remunerations/salary review plans at least for those promoted from Engineers to Managers in some units (e.g from fieldengineers to State technical Head, from RTH to DTH, Engineers to Managers in other units)
Most of them are earning as little as 4 Millio per annum after several years with decade long experience.. with the 70-30; they are one of the most
poorly paid staff in Technical... Meaning Promotion in Globacom, means poorer salary, punishment and extreme psychological stress..
Next time you hear that you are promoted , it means you have done something wrong and you need to be punished..

From information gathered over the years, a major cause of techical glitches which some staff are being penalised for are caused by the activities of the Power contractors
which are mainly owned by some of the Ogas(unfortunately they are not affected by the 70-30).. The Ogas are the one that smiles to the bank every now and then , thanks
to the various kick-backs they collect from the various contractors. The Power Contractors never respect those being penalised, because they all fully understand the system, seeing the STH/ DTH for example as toothless poor bull-dogs.
All requests for deductions were never implemented ( this is an issue that requires in-depth investigations).. I wonder what is the work of the recently employed so-called expartriates employed to take charge of Regional Power issues, with them not part of the 70-30!!!
It is no longer news that some crops of Ogas at the top decided to send a memo to finance for an evil-crime against some poorly paid staff for their monthly salary to be messed up in the name of 70-30 while not carrying HR along...
Imagine that kind of lawlessness in a company like Globacom where HR only exist somehow. If this truely happens, i expect the ownsership to purge out all parties involved..
Remarkable growth in the system lies in the hand of those that are being oppressed and made to suffer for the gross cluelessness of the so-called
Ogas that mostly lacks innovative ideas... Most are generally intereseted in the huge remunerations without doing anything.. always expecting the usual largesse from
Mr. Chairman... They are Masters in telling the ownsership what he wants to hear..

What is happening at Glo is akin to "President Jonathan blaming the incessant bombings by Boko Haram in the North and endemic Corruption in the country to gross incompetence of a ward councillor in my Arochukwu LGA"....
I am sure the Children of Dr. Adenuga will not be happy with all that is going on in the company.... But they themselves are helpless.
So, who are we the poor Nigerians working at Glo?

May God enable the owner to realise all these and make amendments before it will be too late.
Adenuga should (as it is usually said), pretend as if he is dead and see what will become of Globacom for example... Immediately what you will see will
be massive looting, stealing and everyone scrambling for whatever they can lay their hands on.. This is a company that totally lacks records in all ramifications..
number of staff, position/responsibililty, assets, and so on... The same people that usually gives him those evil advise are the one that have in one way or the other positioned billion in assets and cash for immediate diversion.. the company was established not to exist after the bull himself.. What will now become of his
smart, intelligent children and other close family members ( Paddy, Bella, Abimbola , etal)... It will now be a story of Once upon a company, a business mogul in a lawless nation full of impunity bla bla bla...................... No Budgetary plans at Glo.. No wonder things are arbitrarily done depending on the mood of the
Chairman... delay in paying rent, withholding staff salaries, things are generally upside down etc...

It is a standard practice in Glo to see where a distant subordinate is earning far more than their Oga.. The same oga will be the one having sleepless nights,
messed up with 70-30 and threatened in one way or the other.... It never pays to be loyal... You can decide to abandon your job, resign to another company and re-package yorself back to the company with multiplied salary pay package.. The loyal ones that remains in the system doing their job are usually made to remain on the same pay if not forever.. In summary, it never pays to stay too long at Glo..Glo dont deserve loyalty.. Plan for your exit...
one of the greatest crime against poor Nigerian employees is the recent 2 months suspension of some staff of Rollout department..
All are being made to suffer for offence allegedly committed by 1 staff in a different state (they are working differently reporting to different persons)...
with the way the company is being run baffles a lot of people in the corporate world, wondering how someone in his lifetime will run a company like this.

Definitely, may be he does not want the company to succeed him.. No wonder some of his children find it difficult to stay long at Globacom..
At a period when most workers are happy, Globacom decided to make a mystery of their staff by making sure the evil 70-30 percent salary is maintained. What an evil, most callous and wicked way.. Families are smiling everywhere, Glo staffs are famishing away.

I pray the whole country and world see the uselessness of working in a company like Globacom.

May God forgive the evil ones messing up hapless Nigerians Professional in Glo..

May the lord see us through IJN Amen.

13 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by boofydon: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Dis is damn long man! Guess you didn't attend the English class when they taught SUMMARY

45 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by pickabeau1: 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
why do u think the adenugas are not aware of wat is going on

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ruffhandu: 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
Three things to say to you bro:
1. More than 90% of those on paid employment, especially in Nigeria, complain. The solution is, package yourself and get yourself another if you feel you are under-priced.
2. If you work with glo as you sound, you should know how to whistle-blow
3. You were just referring to 70-30 as though we all work for glo, don't know what you're talking about.

In all, add value to yourself and seek better employers

31 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by kenyarttar: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2013
The day (about 2 months back) i wanted to do a welcome back in Abuja and did so under an hour at MTN HQ, while Glo HQ kept posting me our link is down, come tomorrow etc is the day i knew alll was not well. MTN HQ was neat, bustling with customers Yet orderly and they even photocopied my Id card for me free while Glo HQ was dirty, scanty, disorganized with water leaking somewhere and streaming on the surface, the worst was them asking me to go Photocopy outside with a vendor. Totally looking like some run down government parastatel.

I have a friend too who changed jobs from Glo to Airtel plus you talking about dwindling sales is an eye opener.

My postulations now: Glo is a Ltd company run by The Adenugas unlike Airtel, MTN and Etisalat which are like PLCs with no core controlling power calling shots at a wimp/based on mood feelings. And as such the other Telcos are more organized.

Still i would take a Glo job offer as i need to advance from where i am. Possibly be at it for a year and then switch to something much better. So help me God in 2014. Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by 234GT(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
@Op, you need to explain what 70 30 maens because not everyone works with glo

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
This Episode, my friend, Is Long.... Phewwwww
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by kenyarttar: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
My "best guess" is that if you don't met at least 70% of your target you loose 30% of your salary. Classic carrot and stick. angry sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

5 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by OmoOlopeAmama: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hmmm... what a lengthy post !!!!!!!!!

As a former close insider and staff, i really understand and feel the pain of the OP....
For those who wish to know: 70:30 is a sudden, and arbitrary witholding/ reduction ( till God knows when) of 30% of your salary without any official communication or fair KPI computational reasons to do so...( as i heard HR was not even aware). They can withold your 30% salaries for several consecutive months thus causing an unplanned financial crisis in the lives of the affected staffs. Some turn to beggars overnight and being pursued by banks and other creditors for failing to pay back loans (the 70% paid is sometimes less that expected monthly pay-back on loans to banks or other creditors). At long run, their spirit will be dampened, concentration less on the work and business suffers the more. These are staffs that have served the company tirelessly for years without any form of motivation or appreciation......

The system knows when to hit at you loyal staff; they start the evil scheme during the period of merry so that you can be sad. What a way of the devil!!!!!

It is clear that the Management or ownership of the company is capitalising on the hugely massive lawlessness in Nigeria. That can never be attempted in countries like Benin republic or Ghana where they operate, else the company will be made to face the wrath of the law, if not shutdown.

To the OP; my advise is for you and others(if not all) to look beyong Glo, as i know there exist a massive list of the finest and intelligent professionals presently wasting away at Glo.. You can never be heard or made to contribute positively to the system in an atmosphere of back-stabbers, corrupt and mediocre bosses who are masters in lying to the owner.

One crazy stuff i heard was that, some few Ogas at the top who initaiated this tactically removed their names from the list. These are huge salary earners who are a major cause of issues in the network.... I heard that they have one interest or the other in some of the Power contractors companies that operate with impunity. Those made to suffers do not have access to any egunje in whichever ways with very poor salaries( even one of the least paid in the department with this evil arrangement) and poor working conditions (no float, no tools to work, wrecked operations vehicle if any, no LMT, etc).

The story of Glo is simply a sad one !!!!! Company that cant replace wrecked gensets at site and give working tools to staff with no office chairs can pay Celebrities hundreds of Million of Naira for simply appearing on flyers and many other crazy wastages!!!!!!

To the owner of Nairaland, let me say a big thank you for bringing to our lives this wonderful platform... What would we have done without you?

God bless you and may the Almighthy God reward you positively and abundantly in 2014 and years ahead IJN..

29 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ocelot2006(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Having worked in same coy (technical), I totally understand what the OP's going thrpugh. Never in my life have I seen a coy that operates like GLO. Staff motivation is EXTREMELY LOW no thanks to no future advancement prospects (stagnation in a single position/level for years) and piss-poor renumeration, productivity has declined, and the coy's notorious for its extremely high labour turnover rate. Turning in my ID card and my resignation

Anyway, I think the solution's for Chief Adenuga to take Globacom public. This will not only generate more funds for the coy, but also help establish a board that will get rid of all those sychopants and yes-men that surround the chairman and feed him with crap all day long, and push the coy to adopt best practises.

As for me, I'm just glad I'm out of that mad house.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by sammyyoung2(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Abeg........ [size=38pt]PORT[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by kevoh(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
70/30 to the best of my knowledge is when you are paid 70% of your salary and the remaining 30% is paid as commission only if you achieve certain monthly goals/targets. This method is applied mainly in sales/marketing departments. This strategy is normally used to ginger organizations to boost sales, revenues, customers e.t.c.

But the OP seem to be painting the 70/30 scheme as a bad thing. Anyway I don't work in Glo so I would reserve my comment, ''Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches''

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ignis: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
kenyarttar: My "best guess" is that if you don't met at least 70% of your target you loose 30% of your salary. Classic carrot and stick. angry sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
You are wrong,
Your best is not enough.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by packman: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
[size=30pt]WHAT

OK I HAVE READ IT

BUT I HAVE SOME QUESTION FOR THE OP

1. ARE YOU STILL A STAFF OF GLO

2. AND IF YOU ARE A STAFF WHATS YOUR REASON FOR YOUR COMPLAIN (70 - 30)

3. WHAT DO YOU GET TO GAIN FROM ALL YOUR WRITE UP....

4. WHY TRYING TO PATRONIZE HIS CHILDREN

5. WHO ARE THIS OGA ON TOP

6. AND WHY TAKING ALL THE STRESS TO WRITE A (70 -30) PAYMENT MODE

7. TRY CALCULATING 4M PER ANNUM

8. HOW MUCH DO YOU STILL EARN +(70 - 30)

PLEASE I STILL HAVE MORE UPON MORE QUESTION TO ASK BUT PLEASE FINISH ANSWERING THIS ONE

AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY NIGERIAN ARE ALWAYS NIGERIAN'S[/size]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by adezjamz(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sowi
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Eya.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
@OP is ranting emotionally, if this is how you intend to make Adenuga aware of the goings on at Glo.. this is a sure-fire way to get him dis-interested..

Gather your thoughts.. Logically place them in a position of advantage.. present them to the Newspapers.. it will surely get his attention and action

7 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Decryptor(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
What do you expect from a company solely run by "Yinkas" and "Kunles"?
Abeg...next tori

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Condomize(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
this is just too long
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by bigx(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
hmmmnnn,
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by chinedumo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Are u saying that Nigeria's first privatly owned native telcom is on d brink of colapse?
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Damey2011(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
choi.. Ogbeni.. u dey para o .. i no read am finish o... na epistle. abeg summarize

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Damey2011(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
choi.. Ogbeni.. u dey para o .. i no read am finish o... na epistle. abeg summarize grin

meanwhile.. FF me on twitter.. @NFiiz .. I always follow back smiley
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by josh001(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
This is in no way an attack against your person but your article is so hard to read, no flow of thought, conjunction of words were bad and the use of terms we are not familiar with worsened issues, had to stop halfway, no abuse intended but you got some work to do on articulated writing.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Omo see gobe oo. Sorry bro
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by validplanet: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
another OPEN LETTER? awwhhhch!

waiting for a reply

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by freda506(f): 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
OK undecided
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by EmmaB4(m): 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
The post of the OP seems interesting...Somebody, pls. Try and summarize the OP's post. Thanks
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by bluejeff(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
After reading Asari Dokubo's letter to Obasanjo, I hope you don't expect me to read this ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by sainty2k3(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tot glo is 'very unli, unlimited, parararara rara rara ara !!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. / South African Transgender Pilot Grounded Due To Gender Identity (PICS) / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.