Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... (39058 Views)

Rumble In Mike Adenuga’s Globacom / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail / To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Cupid4(m): 7:37am On Jan 04, 2014
the remote cause of GLO dwindling sales is poor seevice delivery, sometimes i do ask myself who h*ell is dia marketing manager? When other service providers were busy expanding their service and ntwk coverages, GLO was busy doling out *unproductive* millions out all in d name of PROMO, winning a million naira frm glo doesnt guarantee my loyalty to them so far i dnt get gud service from them, they hv comparative and sentimental advantage over others being an indigenous company but failed to take d chance, service delivery and gud ntwk coverage is d key which YELLO has been abu to leverage on odawise dey wud hv been bk to Mandela's country
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by luluosas(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2014
hollandis:

You are a foolllll.Didn't you say past tense and "was"?Ode oloshi
Please avoid this kind of utterances by all means possible, as you will be judged by every word you've ever spoke. Thank you.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by luluosas(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2014
Sometimes I do wonder: What is the essence of the billions of naira being wasted on celebrities for God sake?
My loyalty and patronage of this network is tied solely on their indigenous identity. So, if GLO means well, let them concentrate on the improvement of service delivery, which will ultimately drive on quality sales and thereby boosting revenue effortlessly.
Imagine GLO being the ONLY network operator in my location without a 3G network service. Even when I travelled last time to a GLO 3G network coverage area, while other network were displaying H+ Internet signal, GLO was the only network showing ordinary H sign on my phone. This is what we are talking about.
OP, I think you should look elsewhere for a better appreciation on your rendered service. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by sagaciousblog: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2014
m-ployer:
@Op, u are one lucky guy. You are not intelligent enough to work in such organisation. Whatever connection you used is superb
my frnd sharrap! do u know d Op and his capabilities? dnt judge him cos of a mere write-up afterall, he never told you he was into articles writings..
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by coolakins(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2014
faakay: it is not good to come and tarnish the image of your employer publicly.

The employers policy 70-30 is too save cost and also to improve the productivity within the organization maybe they found out some staffs are lazy.

So if you deliver then your renumeration would be increased based on the %

Ranting here publicly wouldn't solve the problem, complain to your operations manager/Human Resources or whoever in charge.

But if you are not satisfied with the way they run their organization, the best thing for you is to quit and get another one for yourself or become your own boss.

Seriously if they found out your real identity. You would be sacked and you deserve it.

Yes, the OP might have ranted as a result of direct impact of the company's malpractices, am sure you would do worse if it was you besides you sound like one of those back-stabbers cited in the text.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by arkreality: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2014
boofydon: Dis is damn long man! Guess you didn't attend the English class when they taught SUMMARY

Who will blame you for these words I blame the fallen standard of education in this generation. When children like you has suddenly become lazy and cannot be patient enough to read a full text or article because of the option of google. God help this generationm
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Xcellency007(m): 8:33am On Jan 04, 2014
Beecroft, u shud be proud n hapi u hv a job to do, gv it out n God knos hw many million youths will go scramblin 4 it, instead of complainin early at de yr's beginnin, rada meks strategic plans to improve ursef n climb d rada to replace 1 of de ogas at d top...
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Jyde81: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2014
segunphilips: OP resign and go and start your own business. you wrote like someone who can identify problems and also proffer solutions if given chances, that is what enterpreneuship demands. Resign, gather the little that yu have and start something; watch it grow and you will be surprised that 70/30 payment rule may be needed at times for corrections, checks and balances especially with sales people. Most of us as young people talk and express disdain feelings because all we want is to work where we work less and earn much; reason why plenty Nigerians prefer to work with state and federal government ministries...although, I dont know your personality, but from the way you sounded in your write up, if your salary was not touched, you would not have said anything concerning this issue. Young Nigerians should be more tactical in presenting their cases. There is something selfish and fishy in your write up.....Leave GLO..... The little i know about adenuga i believe he is not someone somebody can easilly tricked with mere verbal words, he understands the power of statistics and so he could never have acted based on what your ogas are telling him.....think deeper OP...may God help your endeavours. Amen
Well done and well said! Maturity, experience and wisdom at it's very best... at

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by kevoh(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2014
luluosas:
Forgive my ignorance please. But to me, I don't see how you will be expecting Bumpa sales when you have the poorest of service/products. Thank you.
The 70/30 strategy is a well known strategy applied around the world with proven results of success.

But in the case of Glo you are quite right with less bumper sales due to poor service/products. I would advice the OP to readjust his lifestyle to the 70% and start looking for better options.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by cheaperstores: 9:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Your write up very long and if some of the observation raised were tru,then glo is on the brink of collapse.it is interesting to note Nigerian businesses don't outlive their owners because of the way and manner of Nigerians.Nigeria is being run aground how much more a corporate body.
It is a taboo to do things write in Nigeria.if u don't steal money in power you will be condemned,if you don't usurp power to your self,you will be condemned,so I don't know when nor how Nigeria may be salvage.God will help us.

Alas,those glo adverts with waje,mi,omawunmi etc are not eating up revenue.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ocelot2006(m): 9:51am On Jan 04, 2014
emmog25: My friend in as much as I would have love to sympathize with you, Your note lack details and its more of pained sentiment. No wonder glo is doing badly(with this kind of construction). I'm weeping deeply for glo for your kind of staff. Pls write better next time (otherwise we will report you to glo to review your pay to 30:70)

For globacom, I think the company lack innovations, maybe because it's a family oriented coy, little wonder why it's been run like my country Nigeria (where life is about "chop I Chop"wink. Though, it is obvious globacom days are numbered(I would have love to give more cogent insights, but for my tiny typing keys).

Well for me, I can only wish glo and all her staff best of Time.

You've got to be kidding me. The young man poured his heart out about his experience working with GLO, but the first thing you do is criticise his write up? Really?

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by stephnie44(f): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Nigerians always complainin remember millions of ppl r lookin 4 a job out there
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by devilincarnate: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2014
stephnie44: Nigerians always complainin remember millions of ppl r lookin 4 a job out there

Because many nigerians are looking for jobs ,the OP should not complain. He should just keep silent. U must surely be on cheap drugs.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Tonylyte(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Even though am oky wit mtn, i've bin planning to port to our own national network-glo...that nt withstanding, i'll stil port to glo. No bawa.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ocelot2006(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
stephnie44: Nigerians always complainin remember millions of ppl r lookin 4 a job out there

Sure. He should just suck it all up and suffer in silence, even if it's killing him slowly, abi?

If I may ask: are you currently employed or still in the job market?
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by devilincarnate: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
luluosas: Sometimes I do wonder: What is the essence of the billions of naira being wasted on celebrities for God sake?
My loyalty and patronage of this network is tied solely on their indigenous identity. So, if GLO means well, let them concentrate on the improvement of service delivery, which will ultimately drive on quality sales and thereby boosting revenue effortlessly.
Imagine GLO being the ONLY network operator in my location without a 3G network service. Even when I travelled last time to a GLO 3G network coverage area, while other network were displaying H+ Internet signal, GLO was the only network showing ordinary H sign on my phone. This is what we are talking about.
OP, I think you should look elsewhere for a better appreciation on your rendered service. God bless you.

True talk. Service delivery is poor. We customers don't even enjoy their services and they continue spending extravangantly on celebrities who don't even use their network. Many people are just using their network bec. Its an indigneous company not bec of the quality of their services. Glo started well but the way they are going they may end badly.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by erniok(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Your types are the reason we are stagnant as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Gbenge77(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
josh001: This is in no way an attack against your person but your article is so hard to read, no flow of thought, conjunction of words were bad and the use of terms we are not familiar with worsened issues, had to stop halfway, no abuse intended but you got some work to do on articulated writing.
Your punctuation is bad as well.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by homehunters(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
packman: [size=30pt]WHAT

OK I HAVE READ IT

BUT I HAVE SOME QUESTION FOR THE OP

1. ARE YOU STILL A STAFF OF GLO

2. AND IF YOU ARE A STAFF WHATS YOUR REASON FOR YOUR COMPLAIN (70 - 30)

3. WHAT DO YOU GET TO GAIN FROM ALL YOUR WRITE UP....

4. WHY TRYING TO PATRONIZE HIS CHILDREN

5. WHO ARE THIS OGA ON TOP

6. AND WHY TAKING ALL THE STRESS TO WRITE A (70 -30) PAYMENT MODE

7. TRY CALCULATING 4M PER ANNUM

8. HOW MUCH DO YOU STILL EARN +(70 - 30)

PLEASE I STILL HAVE MORE UPON MORE QUESTION TO ASK BUT PLEASE FINISH ANSWERING THIS ONE

AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY NIGERIAN ARE ALWAYS NIGERIAN'S[/size]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

U wrote absolute rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by claremont(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
I know of some shylock companies in Nigeria were 100% of your salary is based on your achieving at least a certain percentage of your sales target; not surprisingly, such companies have a very high turnover of staff. In my opinion, if you are unhappy with your current remuneration, hold onto it whilst seeking employment somewhere else.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ocelot2006(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
faakay: it is not good to come and tarnish the image of your employer publicly.

The employers policy 70-30 is too save cost and also to improve the productivity within the organization maybe they found out some staffs are lazy.

So if you deliver then your renumeration would be increased based on the %

Ranting here publicly wouldn't solve the problem, complain to your operations manager/Human Resources or whoever in charge.

But if you are not satisfied with the way they run their organization, the best thing for you is to quit and get another one for yourself or become your own boss.

Seriously if they found out your real identity. You would be sacked and you deserve it.

Care to explain the advantages of the so-called 70/30 policy when:

1) the coy fails to provide the necessary tools (toolbox, tough notes and softwares, etc) to carry out one's job

2) the coy fails to provide the necessary funds needed by engineers to maintain their respective cell clusters and network elements. Not even funds to fuel their damn operational vehicles or repair them. I don't even want to talk about per-diems.

3) when the coy fails to organise much needed training programs for engineers compared to much smaller coys that do way much more.

4) a coy when top mgt sabotage engineers' work by threatening them to fully integrate and bring up substandard BTS sites on air (against the recommendations of field engineers on site and common sense)

??
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by emmog25: 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
ocelot2006:

You've got to be kidding me. The young man poured his heart out about his experience working with GLO, but the first thing you do is criticise his write up? Really?

Forgive me, but seriously, put yourself in the position of receiving this note from a staff in your organization(and you being the head of adminstration). After all said and done the vivid thing the op kept ranting against was 70/30, which could be a normal thing in sales dept of most organizations. And the rest thus goes as blah bla without a summary of any pictured events (that can bringout an evidence).

All I'm saying is the op should do better in his complaint in future.

Abeg make I no bore u with my writeup o jare!
I'm just viewing the note from a PR angle.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
The OP is a clear case of an IDIOT! What stops you from resigning if you feel the treatment is bad and you are worth more?

What exactly do you stand for? You have worked there for years and you've never thought of owning your own business? Why not dust your resume and certifications so you could shop around for a better place?

If anyone chooses to be sincere, the OP's poorly written epistle shows the quality of his ilk at Globacom.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by fistonati(m): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2014
As I don't know department you're and if you're permanent or adhoc staff, I just don't think this is the place to express such concern. But all the same, someone will be attentive to this so that Nigerian work ethics wouldn't ruin the business.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Italiano1: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=beecroftNaija]

Before it will be too late... Globacom ( I know Dr. Adenuga will be blocked from reading this..)
It is with great concern and a terribly bleeding heart that i write this mail.
It is born out of serious concern, love and respect i have for the ownership of this company, Globacom....

As usual, some lazy Nigerians reading from the book of Lamentations. Prophet Job will give you a Nobel Prize for your diatribe! It is always one complaint after another!

As a christian, it is unGodly to keep quiet and not report any unGodly treatment of fellow humans and grand plan to mess up and relegate to history the hardwork of a man whose vision is to contribute positively to his nation's advancement.
A lot of us are dying internally with dwindling financial stand to take care of our loved ones.... virtually begging to feed. After years of working at Globacom, nothing to show for it... I mean it, it is really very tough, horrible and terrible for most staff.
No excitement working at Globacom,, staff are ill-motivated, disgruntled and looking unto the lord and singing " show us the way oh.. lord..(except for the tiny few Ogas at the uppermost top earning what they dont deserve or opportuned to be a deceptive rat cornering some cool cash somewhere)
The Xmas and New year season is around the corner with no new excitements, rather an increasing heart-breaks full of terrible regrets.
Above all, most staff now look unto Almighty God to show them the way out of the company for a better one..(even on lower pay..)

A lot of generalizations as always! Can you please give us the statistics or the outcome of the survey you commissioned or participated in other to come to such conclusions above?

Your post exemplifies the problem with most Nigerian youths; can you provide any proof to substantiate all your rantings and assumptions? Are you been paid for the job you do? Are you owed any salary? Or is it a case that you feel that you are entitled to more?

It is the worst of the GSM-Mobile operator to work for.... Being run in a manner similar to the way our dear country is being run.. (think Globacom.. think Nigeria)
No respect for professionalism, back-stabbing, man-know-man, severe lawlessness, lack of standard-business ethics, deceit of ownership,near NO Training?--in a prison like enviroment, etc.

The management is taking advantage of the corrupt/ lawlessness in Nigeria to short-changed and damage the career of young Nigerians.
Those seeing the company from outside will never understand the gravity of the industrial wrong-doings going on within the company.Promised Medical---419 and a disgrace, Promised Mortgage-419 , Promised Salary Review/ Bumper-- Mother of all wickedness, evil and crime against Nigerians.
In one of the threads on Linda Ikeji blog earlier in the year, where i read with utmost shock that "If the witches of your family wants to get at you, they will make you to get a job at Globacom" or something like that....It seems that the statement is now becoming a reality...
Working at Globacom now seems to be a course rather than a blessing.

Please expand on all these "promises" that you are referring to! The company promised to pay your mortgage? grin grin

Did they also promise to pay for your cosmetic surgery when you start having wrinkles?

Do you understand the concept of a salary review? Do you realize that it is performance related?

While you are expending your energy in complaints, do you know how many Nigerian youths would love to be in your shoes? Do you know how many people have gone through Globacom and have used it as a springboard to higher achievements?

A lot of people have been deceiving you on this thread but I am here to tell you that you need a wake up call.

Most recently, we were all aware of the dwindling revenue from Sales which has been a topic of discuss in recent months.

I wonder why the company have not taken a more strategic approach to stop the trend, rather the ownership adopted the most ridiculous, inhumane and wicked approach of 70-30 salary bastardisation to only a few staff(most recently in a unit with worst representation)

Though the issue of targets, rewards and penalties are not strange in the corporate world, but the way it is done in Globacom shows the company lacks standard corporate ethics and also shows the kind of people running the company. What do you expect when the headships are full of people that lacks innovations with unintelligent and archaic ideas, and pros in deceiving the owner with evil and corrupt ideas and recommendations.

Take for example in sales: Have they ever wondered why revenue is dropping..? Several factors to the best of my knowledge can be the cause: viz: lack of strategic product pricing by Marketting, ridiculously bad promos (Marketting not affected by 70-30), No product visibilities by Marcoms (Marcoms not affected by 70-30),, poor network by Technical mainly due to Power issue caused by companies owned by some Known Ogas at the top (the Technical Ogas are not affected by 70-30.. with their fat salaries... They tactically exclude themselves when they are the major problem the unit is facing), failure of Legal to effect prompt processing of rent renewal,
, and the de-motivations caused by the 70-30 itself, employment of some incompetent so-called expartriates that slows things down, .. and many many more....
Why is it that the company decided to adopt that for us at Sales department, when the overall control never lies in our hands alone... Even if you decide to tie us to the stake and point a double barrel
gun at them, no way any magic can be done...

I like the fact that you have rightly opined that their methodology of sales target is not a misnomer, it is a widely used strategy utilized by corporations. Unless you are myopic, you should have been aware of these practices before you applied for and got the job at Globacom.

What you have outlined above is just a classic case of an aggrieved worker who has decided to be insubordinate and engage in a thoughtless episode of ranting.

I am actually shocked that you got a job in sales with the level of your English. I am not insulting you, I just observed that you are incoherent. You are not alone, it is a common trait amongst some Nigerian employees and job seekers. You all need to internalize your deficiencies and strive for improvement.

You have worked for Globacom! For how long? Can you please tell us how you will do things differently?

If you feel so hurt, why are you hiding behind the anonymity on Nairaland? What is your name and what Globacom office do you work at? Why have you not resigned? Why dont you take Globacom to court? There is a labour court where you can take cases like this to for adjudication instead of the self pity rant.

Like I said to you before, millions of Nigerian youths are ready to take your place! Go and start your own business and see how you get on!
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by ShyDare(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2014
Glo is a sinking deluxe ship, I hope adenuga wil steer the ship out of troubled waters. I don't know why some Nigerians will by all means run down a company that has being set up with so much hardwork. MTS, Zoom & Multilinks etc were messed up like this due to mismanagement. I have dumped my glo bolt modem, for strange reasons it keeps disconnecting by itself. As MTN get craze, their modem doesn't auto-disconnect. Glo network sometimes disappears for long even when it is not raining. Glo network from my observation is notorious for dropped calls. Glo big5 voice bonus sometimes quickly evaporates with a short glo to glo call even when you have a hefty bonus.
Moreso, Glo is the don of unsolicited calls & sms. Imagine getting 4+ daily ad sms/calls. Glo once upon a time was known for innovation eg 1st to bring BB & per second billing. Pray the company overcomes dis mess. I have noticed a trend in Nigeria, except for few; companies in Nigeria are not managed well by Nigerians except if under close supervision from a good technocrat.
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by GentleFrank(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
Really
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by adorable29(f): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wow! I have two good friends working with Glo and every issue the OP mentioned has been buttressed by them before!!! I sure will bookmark this and send to them! Need I add that they have the most uninteresting and unintelligent adverts amongst the other telecom coy. Just compare Glo and Mtn adverts. Yet I bet Glo spends far more on adverts (wit all the socalled Glo ambassadors they pay as much as 50million each).

BTW, mak una free the OP writing skills abeg. Do you know if he is an Engineer or something? We Nigerians should learn to empathize with others. Globacom is being taken to the cleaners and as our own indigenous coy which we should be proud of, we should be concerned to say d least.

Again, we complain about reading long articles so much yet we readily spend hours reading long gossip columns or watching season 1 to 6 of prison break! (me inclusive sef *sigh*)
Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
They have used ur salary to pay their super star ambassadors.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... by Simonet: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
luluosas: Sometimes I do wonder: What is the essence of the billions of naira being wasted on celebrities for God sake?

The Celebrities are smart young Nigerians cashing in and laughing grin grin grin to the bank before Globacom crashes and the burble bursts which they know it will (they are smart, you know!!)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. / South African Transgender Pilot Grounded Due To Gender Identity (PICS) / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.