Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

My Salary Account Was Credited Twice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Salary Account Was Credited Twice (12919 Views)

My Salary Bank Statement In Kogi For 2015 & Last Promotion Letter (pics) / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? / Picture: Anything Bad Spending My Salary This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by PaOJaka: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
pls in ur own intrest return the pay back, not because of today but remember tomorrow and the name of ur familly. Thanks TY
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by micklplus(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
Silver or Gold i hv not ! What i have, please take !!!!!

YOU MUST RETURN THE MONEY ASAP !
Please, no dulling. You have the future to face and starting out on a good note is the in thing which would definately place you on the path to great OPPORTUNITY AND SUCCESS IN YOUR VERY NEAREST FUTURE.

Cheers
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by ants(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
, the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by fasfem: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
com make i tell u,God no go come down come help u 4 dis world na person or things like computer na im baba God go send but if u dont make proper utilisation of it God will never help u again.afterall no be u put hand 4 the computer make he dey jam pay,good spending my dear.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Bossman(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
They will find out once they do an audit. They will do a reversal of all the deposits, and your account will be in a big negative.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Classigal(f): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2008
Almost everyone has told u the right thing to do. So return it and let the matter end b4 it gets boring.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by beemex(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
Laibankz, abeg just listen to the voice of reason which at this point in time happens to be that of BRASH. The guy just yarn u the gospel truth. Any transaction done on the computer will forever reflect, that u r paid double salary every month will surely and easily be noticed by the audit team when the time comes and who knows, they may be trying ur integrity. It happened to me when i was serving with Wema Bank and i paid back every damn kobo with shame. LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF REASON report this finding now, PERIOD!
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by waleab: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

because the majority don't do shit about it, [b][b]majority of Nigerians are honest god fearing people[/b][/b],

i would say [b]majority of Nigerians are dishonest god using people[/b]

and please return the money ASAP
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by securit: 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
Classigal:

Almost everyone has told u the right thing to do. So return it and let the matter end before it gets boring.

You look familiar, are you PH based?
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by vislabraye(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
I'm amazed at the response from those who spoke. If Nigerians could be that honest, the country would be better, It could be very tempting being in your position. Would you go all the way to the NYSC secretariat to complain that u are being overpaid? If the error is from the bank, fine, you report for future purposes. But if it is from the govt. , just see as a bonus
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by seggio(m): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
its better you return their money because sooner or later you wil be fished out and this may result to embrassement and loss of respect from your folks
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by NosaHenry(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
As a banker i will tell u that what is happening is not a test but a simple mistake that will come to fore say tomorrow, next tomorrow or any day sooner than you expect. Companies prepare salary schedules and sent same to the requisite bank for payment to the appropriate staff. Your name is repeating twice in the schedule that is what is informing the double credits. I am surprise that the bank officials have not noticed yet, but i can assure you that it will not take time for this error to be detected and if it is found that you are pepertuating this fraud you are likely going to end up in jail.
For you to even come to Nairaland to be asking questions shows you have a dubious mind. I dont see you go far in life with better temptations.
Return the money with good explanation for the movement of cash you have done already.

1 Like

Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
honesty is the best policy. How can u see this as a blessing from God. This is totally wrong! I mean, this extra money u are paid belongs to the country, and if you dont bring it to their attention, what u are doing will be equivalent to what our corrupt officicials do. So please lead by example!

1 Like

Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by nomanicole(f): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
na today
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2008
nomanicole, u are too cute to be corrupt! How can u say not to return the money if its for the government??
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by keba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
engineerd:

nomanicole, u are too cute to be corrupt! How can u say not to return the money if its for the government??
i support grin grin if na govt. money, no return am
but as you have stated, its surely from the company
you work with so just go complain at the salary and
wages dept. before they fish you out themselves.
best of luck.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by buzugee(m): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
all the people telling you to return it are just jealous that it has not happened to them. they want you to return it so you can be broke like them. MY SOLUTION, dont return it at all ooooooooooo unless u are a mumu BUT make sure that while you are still working said job, you have that money at hand in case they discover and ask for repayment. but just put it in an account and collect interest on it till they discover the mistake if they do at all. no listen to jelous people oooooooooooooooo who wan u to be broke like them. grin
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by bastrin(f): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
See bah It depends on wot u want in dis life weda it is moni or a good NAME if it iss moni u want keep it if it is a good name return it dats all I've to say to you. If you r a lady sorry for saying any tin cos u've already made up ur mind on wot to do but if a guy choose d good name it will pay you on the long run . cool sad smiley
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by TheJoker1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
If it took you so long, then truth be told, yu no be honest person neither are you outrightly dishonest since e be like say you still get conscience small wey be wetin dey bite you so as you no too get liver to take d risk. As my staff you if report the issue now, there'd be no kudos for you since i know if you were certain you wouldn't be caught you will definitely keep the bar. My advice to you? Na you sabi!
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by femzy(m): 12:39am On Aug 06, 2008
vislabraye:

I'm amazed at the response from those who spoke. If Nigerians could be that honest, the country would be better,

Of course Nigerians are honest about little thousands like these; but dazzle millions in their faces and you would know how far.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by TOYOSI20(f): 2:38am On Aug 06, 2008
Seems like nothing at all is free. . , . . . , . . . . , shocked
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by seyibrown(f): 2:39am On Aug 06, 2008
The money ain't yours, so don't keep it!
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by cjayy(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2008
@Poster, Please return the more cos they would definitely find out sooner or later PERIOD!
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Snowwy: 7:04am On Aug 06, 2008
My dear, As Beyonce sang, 'Ring the alarm'
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by IdeyVex1(m): 7:22am On Aug 06, 2008
My dear, if I were you, I would do the following:

1. Return the money back to the account or have somebody pay an equivalent amount into the account.
2. Raise the alarm but please make it sound like you just discovered. That is why somebody has to pay an equivalent amount to make it seem you expected you would have such money in your account and it was a reconciliation on your part that threw it up.
3. Pay it back and make sure the high echelon of the company knows about it or some small fry would make use of the cash and you would still have a bad name. cool

Alternatively,
Just be pure honest and tell them you wanted to chop the cash but your conscience pricked you!! angry

The first one na Naija sharp man way. The 2nd way na clear conscience way. Whatever you do, don't touch that CASH!!! grin

1 Like

Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by seun001(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2008
the money is not urs.it now remains how u would explain ur innocence with the trial of funds movement.u gotta think up a convincing reason why u didnt report immediately.think u should speak with someone high up cos ur image is really shaky now.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by Jarus(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2008
I'll advise you report and refund the money. You will feel more fulfilled and become a trusted person by your employers.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by beemex(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2008
Nomanicole i've viewed ur profile and i must confess u r tight and cute. can i have ur email address? Don't want to ask for too much by requesting for ur number. my email is on my profile, pls get in touch.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by slyk2(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2008
no take am as Gods blessingoooooooooooooooo.

it happened to me as a KOPA in Lagos.
you know what, during clearance, i vomitted all the
over payments with so much wahala, you understand?

try stop am as soon as you can.
if you open up on time you might be rewarded and shown to
others as an example.

God bless you real good as you do so.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by alex406(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2008
To make it in life,you just have to be smart especially here in Nigeria,if you feel you are doing the wrong thing then you are making a great mistake.Opportunity comes but once and God will not come down from Heaven to do miracle.
Moreover if everybody were to be honest, Nigeria will not be the Nigeria of today,Na turn by turn,so use your opportunity judiciously.Come let me ask you,if you were to be the one not getting your fulll salary and after your compalints to them and they told you there is nothing they can do to it what then will you do?So please continue enjoying the money and pray to God to do more.
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by nomanicole(f): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2008
@engineered,i don't think being cute goes with the word corrupt.4 me sha! it doesnt matter anyway.i'm just being myself and airing my view which i'm entitled 2.so a corrupt person can be cute,and vice versa.i'm not corrupt, believe me.i'm just being a nigerian
Re: My Salary Account Was Credited Twice by 4real3: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2008
@poster
i think it is better you return the money. Its a given fact that the temptation is there to keep the money and act all innocent when discovered.

However the world is a small place and you might meet one of those people you are working with presently in future and they might remember how you kept quiet about the double salary being paid to you which to me is an intergrity issue and hence affect their opinion about you.

In life one has to endeavour to be honest especially as relates to work cos that character might be your door opener for something great in future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters / 6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / Meet Nigeria's Most Educated Person: 3phd, 6 Masters & Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.