Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. (39534 Views)

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns / Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Jabioro: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sorry,the mission accomplish'd.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by confusion247(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
captain_obvious: Chris Angel the mind freak does that all the time.
In a swimming pool. grin grin grin
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pcleta: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Christianity taking another dimension, what a crazy pastor
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by redsun(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pukkah:

In terms of religion, Africans are the most confused set of people on this planet.

And that is about the core reason why africa is seen as the sore of the world.Why africans are languishing in hell fire on earth.

People are not engaging their brains and their minds
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by cold(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sunglow: THANK GOD YOU NOTICED THAT ITS ONLY THE Bible that has records of Jesus-Reason;The bible is the ONLY ONE TRUE BOOK YOU CAN KNOW ABOUT GOD,AND JESUS.GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSSION,SO HE MADE IT EASY FOR ALL OF US AND COMPLIED THE WHOLE BODY OF TRUTH ABOUT HIM AND HIS KINGDOM IN THE BIBLE.NO OTHER BOOK OUTSIDE THE BIBLE WILL REVEAL THIS TRUTHS TO YOU.SO MY BRODA SHINE YOUR EYES AND KNIW THE TRUTH!!!!!!GOD LOVES YOU PEACE
Dude,your bible is nothing but a compendium of Jewish fables written by slave owning men & their ancient lifestyles which should have no bearing on the lives of any right thinking person in the 21st century.A book about talking donkeys,talking snakes,a man walking on water,a man living in the belly of a fish for three days,a man dividing the sea,a virgin impregnated by god,feeding 5000 with 5 loaves of bread & 12 baskets of fish,genocide,slavery,ripping pregnant women open,dashing babies against rocks,human sacrifice & many more inanities is what you want me to accept as the TRUTH about your god? No thanks,I'd sooner read a Harry Potter novel
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
redsun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsxo7vY8ac

Smart creatures like this can truly walk on water.It takes a deal of intelligence,adaptation and practice.

Well except you have flaps between your toes like the basilisk (jesus christ/Devil Lizard)... then maybe somehow you have adapted to walk on water...
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
joaquin64:

Good point on mentioning the issue of "showcasing". So, would it make any difference if he tried it in the privacy of his home then?
He would still be testing God. My word choice of showcasing is hinged on motive. What was the motive? To please God or man or self? God expects worship and not your ability to walk on water or otherwise. He is the miracle worker.

If you read the account of Jesus walking on water, he was left alone as it were on the sea shore in his effort to care for the multitude and later needed to go up the mountain to pray as is His usual practice to pray every evening. By the time He was through, there were no Boats to take him to the other side (Bible accounts that "... the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land" Mark 6:47) If there were boats, perhaps, he would have no need to walk on water. Read the Bible (Matthew 14:22-36; Mark 6:45-56; John 6:16-24)
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by linearity: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Why didn't he abort the whole exercise or one of the onlookers in the congregation pulled him out of the water, when they found out that after a few steps into the water, he was not accomplishing his goal of walking on the water but instead walking on bottom of the water?
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pukkah:

1. If, according to you, Jesus was 100% God in the flesh and was fully God on earth, why should he be praised or venerated for walking on water?

2. My question is simple enough and I really don't know why you're referring me to any class.

Why should I praise you, for example, for being able to close your eyes and sleep or eat? Is it not the nature of men to sleep or eat? These are ordinary acts of human beings.

My question is: why should I be awed by the fact that Jesus (whom you said was 100% God) walked on water? Shouldn't that be an ordinary event as far as a God is concerned?

Do you need to be told that you must praise God? Do you need to be told that God is all knowing, all present? Can do all things? Can come as a human? Can create and bring the dead to life. He is God and GOD DESERVES MY PRAISE and WORSHIP!
If you chose to be against God, you are not the first. Check out the lives of those who tried. As for me and my household, we are for Jesus. And you know what, not a strand of our hair is singed without Him knowing, because WE ARE HIS!!!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by PECO4KING(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
mascot87: You shall not put the Lord your God to test

That is not test, Christians call it faith.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Validated:

Do you need to be told that you must praise God? Do you need to be told that God is all knowing, all present? Can do all things? Can come as a human? Can create and bring the dead to life. He is God and GOD DESERVES MY PRAISE and WORSHIP!
If you chose to be against God, you are not the first. Check out the lives of those who tried. As for me and my household, we are for Jesus. And you know what, not a strand of our hair is singed without Him knowing, because WE ARE HIS!!!

Alas, you did not answer any of my questions.

I believe in God and I am not against him but you guys muddle up things too much, speak from all sides of the mouth, and turn simple things to complex issues.

Why should it be a surprise to me that God created this planet? Is that not contradictory?

It's almost like venerating you for drinking a glass of water.

God is God. Simple. No one truly understands Him and you should not supplant the lack of understanding with illogical and contradictory teachings.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
Validated:
He would still be testing God. My word choice of showcasing is hinged on motive. What was the motive? To please God or man or self? God expects worship and not your ability to walk on water or otherwise. He is the miracle worker.

If you read the account of Jesus walking on water, he was left alone as it were on the sea shore in his effort to care for the multitude and later needed to go up the mountain to pray as is His usual practice to pray every evening. By the time He was through, there were no Boats to take him to the other side (Bible accounts that "... the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land" Mark 6:47) If there were boats, perhaps, he would have no need to walk on water. Read the Bible (Matthew 14:22-36; Mark 6:45-56; John 6:16-24)

God charges man with the task of making followers of his people. He did this in both the old and new testaments giving his disciples "power". This power is what was defined to be performing miracles. You say he is the miracle worker, I agree, and he does this through man who he ordained. You know all the examples I need not list them for you. Moses "showcased" God's miracles for not just one motive, but many. Ultimately to save his people, I agree, but how? Wasn't it all a medium to showcase God exists to people who failed to believe? Doubt and miracles go hand in hand. As long as we are man, we are doomed to doubt and that is no fault of ours.

The biblical perspective is always the easiest road to take when things warrant an explanation isn't it? And with it comes its own intrinsically built-in mechanisms and clauses to make us not question, ask or find out how if not we may be damned to its equally constructed hell.

You have argued your point which I totally understand but you have failed to answer something I initially mentioned on man's natural curiosity and why he would forever question and test things including biblical illustrated miracles or happenings. Man doubts, and (correct me if I am wrong) isn't that why some, if not most, miracles were performed. You mention motive especially that of saving lives. Saving lives aside, many examples of miracles in the bible, were they not done to make believers out of people? Yes or no? So if this so called pastor (or other people/believers/pastors/etc) were doing the same to make believers out of people like the disciples did, was he then so wrong? Or this honor died with the people written about in the bible and stopped short from the 21st century people? Or God just happened not to ordain this guy? What if this pastors motive was indeed to innocently please the God he claims to worship? How do YOU know what he was really up to?

Your answer to this will eventually come down to my initial point of contention, the law of don't put to the test, along with the other laws and sayings that were written to conveniently not answer the questions of why man doubts and questions in the first place. Where do we draw the line on defining what motives are clear cut against the rules?

Diverting a little now from the case in point, a scientist testing the possibility of humans walking on water or the ability to change water to wine is certainly not testing God exactly or is he? I should think not because he is definitely testing the possibility of an occurrence and not God him/herself. But then you mentioned to please God or man? He is certainly doing so to satisfy his curiosity which means he is pleasing himself and according to you, testing that with the motive of pleasing himself and not God is tantamount to putting God to a test. I draw this conclusion entirely from your above statement, nothing else. If i misunderstood you, feel free to prove me otherwise.

In the end, we can all sit here all day and argue for what we believe or understand be it scientific or religious but it all comes down to this. Man will forever feel the need to question and put to test the impossible. We were taught all our lives though that in following God, we should never question the unbelievable, the marvelous, or the impossible. So, I am a believer like you and I guess the best way is simply to keep quiet about these things and take it as we read about it with faith.

...or we simply agree to disagree on the matter.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pukkah:

Alas, you did not answer any of my questions.

I believe in God and I am not against him but you guys muddle up things too much, speak from all sides of the mouth, and turn simple things to complex issues.

Why should it be a surprise to me that God created this planet? Is that not contradictory?

It's almost like venerating you for drinking a glass of water.

God is God. Simple. No one truly understands him and you should not supplant the lack of understanding with illogical and contradictory teachings.

I realize he never really answers the question. Then again, we can all guess why and it is no fault of his/hers either. It really can NEVER be that simple when it comes down to matters of faith and fact...
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
joaquin64:

I realize he never really answers the question. Then again, we can all guess why and it is no fault of his/hers either. It really can NEVER be that simple when it comes down to matters of faith and fact...

This is why nobody should beat his/her chest and declare that his own perspective of God is the only one or the correct one.

There are as many perspectives of God as there are human beings.

The subject of God fascinates me and sometimes, I am delighted to exchange ideas on with people on some things that they say when they think/claim they are praising God but are actually belittling Him.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pukkah:

This is why nobody should beat his/her chest and declare that his own perspective of God is the only one or the correct one.

There are as many perspectives of God as there are human beings.

The subject of God fascinates me and sometimes, I am delighted to exchange ideas on with people on some things that they say when they think/claim they are praising God but are actually belittling Him.

I agree. Fascinates me too. On matters like this it is always best to listen and be open to every side knowing the answers would never be set in stone. Best agree to disagree. But then there are those that would insist on forcing their belief through to you forgetting and contradicting themselves that they are not as omni-super-certain like the God they speak for.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Daliano(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pictures or it didnt happen.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
omenka:

But Criss Angel did it. Does it mean they are mates
The kind demons weh full dat one body no b small tin
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
godjohnson: The kind demons weh full dat one body no b small tin

Anything that some of you don't understand is ascribed to demons.

Why not humbly state that you don't understand it?

Jesus that you venerate today was once harshly and fiercely criticized.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Adedoks(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
bilal4riid:
Jesus is the messenger not son of god
i knw ure a muslim,listen my Jesus is a messenger,d Son of the living God and God of all...
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
godjohnson: The kind demons weh full dat one body no b small tin

Criss Angel is an illusionist. Plain and simple. Sophisticated technology, camera tricks, paid performers and passers-by alongside a daring attitude as all performers should have. Go on Youtube and watch how his tricks are made. There is no demonic influence behind tricks and logic.

Its simple entertainment. Try expose yourself a little. That's what the internet is for...
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by vickyb59(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
He faith ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ strong reach.. BTW dey suppose put don't try this @home for d̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̅τ̲̅ scripture passage
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by 989900: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
van-helsing2099:

What abt dynamo

Dis dude walk on river tiber england

Watch d vid on youtube

LOL....Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz6tYQeHQPg
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by tosnat: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
That must have been akpors...so akpors don join clergy
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Youngzedd(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
Picture or it never happened.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by hiuser(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
ayo84: Preacher Attempts to Walk on Water and Drowns.

“An evangelist who tried replicating Jesus’ miracle of walking on water has reportedly drowned off the western coast of Africa. Pastor Franck Kabele, 35, told his congregation he could repeat the biblical miracle, and he attempted it from a beach in Gabon’s capital of Libreville. ‘He told churchgoers he’d had a revelation that if he had enough faith, he could walk on water like Jesus,’ an eyewitness told theGlasgow Daily Record.
‘He took his congregation to the beach saying he would walk across the Komo estuary, which takes 20 minutes by boat. He walked into the water, which soon passed over his head and he never came back.’

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1294-preacher-attempts-to-walk-on-water-and-drowns

Hmm..water? Wash plates anywhere? Ask God? You have water? Here is some milk! Black coffee tie am with milk o.k..#hack water?? Dish washer!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Dave008(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Is this some kind of joke or are you an atheist. Maybe you try Romans 1 vs 28-32. May God have mercy on you and your kind.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Obaiyski(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sec5: This man did not read his bible very well,Jesus did it when he had need for it not to show off.
A believer can drink a poison and will not die but not when u wake up in the morning and intentionally take poison in place of tea.
OJI OFO GA-ANA ABUGHI MAKA EBE ATURU BOMB
MAKA NA BOMB DAA GBUUU! MA OFO MA ONYE JI YA, NYASA!! ODARANA GBUUU! MA OFO MA ONYE JI YA NYASAA OOO!!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by dsylvo(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
FOOLISH PREACHER
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by oma19(f): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
He doesn't have enough faith n he should not hv boost abt it
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Tuntheycr7: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nairalanders don chap kraze. grin grin
See comments
Anyway the man deserves an award, May b MUMU of the year. grin
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by sunex: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
I bliv d pastor is still walking on d water ... grin cheesy
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by highyo: 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'm not judging but if it's judging may God forgive me.

To my own understanding, he's only doing that to bring glory to himself and not God.
If he has suceeded, people will flock to his church, true or false?
People will want to take his word as the final say because they will believe he's a son of Jesus since Jesus walk on water and he's the son of God.

Secreatly many will want to worship him because of his closeness with Jesus.

Secondly, if he truely want to text his faith, he must do it where no one will see him, but he did it in present of many people for applause.

Thirdly in a situation where by he was traveling on boat and in the middle of the sea, the boat sank, that is when that kind of faith need to be exercised.

Fourtly, Thou must not tempt the lord thy God.
Do you think Jesus dont have the power to jump? Or didn't he has the power to turn stone to bread? He proove it that it's what he can do, that's why he turn water to wine.

God forgive if I've judge with this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service / Adeboye Unveils ICU Centre At RCCG Headquarters In Ogun / 2022 Prophecies By Dr. D.K Olukoya (Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.