Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. (39553 Views)

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns / Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by vanhelsing2099(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
Guess u didn't see the trick chris angel used......if u noticed when he got to a point he couldn't go forward......cos what he was stepping on wasn't that long

What abt dynamo

Dis dude walk on river tiber england

Watch d vid on youtube
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by kolidave: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
989900:

Magic is more about "Illusion" tricks and equipment. Youtube "debunking magic" and "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed " (it's about 17 or more episodes of 40 mins each). It took me a whole weekend to watch it all.

Now on the flip side, some are just simply occultism.
#gbam you've said it all
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by ugonna1054(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
YOU GET USED TO IT!!!
PICTURE OR IT DIDN't HAPPEN.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by kolidave: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
ugonna1054: YOU GET USED TO IT!!!
PICTURE OR IT DIDN't HAPPEN.
you for kuku ask for video na. Check www.Bombdeyurhead.com
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by ogazi007(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
What happen to smaller swimming pools? He could have tested his faith with bathtub now.....lol
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
nonsense... Wtch dese video u all..dese re juhs tricks..criss angel z a mere trickster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKGzZNmxd4#
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by redsun(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Good riddance.It took mammals like whales and dolphines millions of years of evolution to adapt to living in the sea and an iddioot like him wanted it to happen in an instant because he was believing in some foreign folklores,myths.

1 Like

Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by meforyou1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
If Jesus walked on water, why then did he not across river Jordan when the Jews came for him?
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
omenka:

But Criss Angel did it. Does it mean they are mates

Guy, you fall my hand BIG TIME! Criss Angel walked on glass top and not water. Check out the secrets of walking on water and flying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3P4Gzow-t0 grin
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by 989900: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
me_for_you: If Jesus walked on water, why then did he not across river Jordan when the Jews came for him?

...maybe because he wasn't trying to escape. (Not a biblical explanation, just logic).
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by pbling: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
som pasto takes dope,hw dear u compare yasef wt my Lord,rest in pieces punk ass
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
manmustwac: Jesus didn't even walk on water. He actually walked on strategically placed stones in the ocean

You lie! JESUS walked on water, when Peter saw HIM, he asked to be allowed to also come, Peter did dor a moment before losing faith.
If you have no story to tell keep mum rather than spreading lies. (Matt 14: 22 - 32)
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by seangy4konji: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
I laugh in congolese!!!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
mascot87: You shall not put the Lord your God to test

I am no non-believer, but sometimes I do wonder if such sayings were put there to actually not make you test anything at all! How terribly convenient isn't it?

After all we are only human, and humans are naturally curious which is no fault of ours. Couple that with the same 'faith' that is preached by the same bible, why then would they not seek to test things for themselves? How come it almost never works?

I'm just saying...

1 Like

Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by speezyWears: 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
stan-ogb:
this was caused by PDP...lol
jeez! d way some peepz trash-talk...u don't have to comment if its not gonna b reasonably tangential to d discussion.. undecided
stan-ogb:
this was caused by PDP...lol
jeez! d way some peepz trash-talk...u don't have to comment if its not gonna b reasonably tangential to d discussion..
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Super1759:

Smh, my people perish for lack of wisdom
1) Jesus was a mere man like you and I. He came in form of a man.he bled,was hungry,was thristy,cried like you and I. So he was subjected to natural laws..
2) Define mireacle: it is when the supanatural disproofs natural laws.

How on earth will a virgin be pregnant? Miracle
How will a dead rise? Miracle
How will giving thanks multiply food? Miracle
How will one walk on water and speak to storms?
Miracle

SMH, my people perish because of utter confusion.

You're now saying that Jesus was 'a mere man like you and I'? How do you reconcile this to the saying that he is/was God?

I would agree with the miracle if you clearly say he was/is not God.

But how can he be God and at the same time be applauded for ability to do miracles?
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
me_for_you: If Jesus walked on water, why then did he not across river Jordan when the Jews came for him?

Jesus was arrested in Jerusalem while River Jordan is 229.3Km away from Jerusalem. Not sure the import of the statement above as it does not show you have read the Bible account well. Again, Jesus had prayed earlier in Matt 26:39 "... saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." In other words, HE was ready to do the will of God the FATHER. To shed HIS blood for the salvation of you & I.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sunglow: Its called a miracle because it happened in the physical world,in the spirit world its a normal way of life.

Well, it may be called a miracle in the physical world but why make a big deal out of it when it was done in the physical world by God/Jesus?

What would have been your reaction then if it was done in the physical world by an ordinary man?

Honestly, religion is amazing!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by SWG1: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
omenka:

Perhaps we watched different videos. Talking about that in which he walked across a swimming pool.

tubidy.mobi/watch/ytCFmzcrvXo0IuU3J5JgkQ_3D_3D/3gp-mobile/fs
Chris angel might ve done it but the pastor was doing it without approval of the power of the one he is exercising. Word of God is for edification and comfort of the church and not for personal accomplishment and gratification. He just cut his life short. See u in heaven
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by LBT: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
omenka:

Chris Angle. Didn't actually walk on water what he did was illusion which is also available in Yoruba land but rear to come by; its called isi ju in Yoruba land, meaning what you see may not be what it is.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by redsun(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsxo7vY8ac

Smart creatures like this can truly walk on water.It takes a deal of intelligence,adaptation and practice.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by SpicyMimi(f): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
captain_obvious: Chris Angel the mind freak does that all the time.
even a ten year Old, wouldnt believe those tricks done by chris angel are real!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pukkah:

SMH, my people perish because of utter confusion.

You're now saying that Jesus was 'a mere man like you and I'? How do you reconcile this to the saying that he is/was God?

I would agree with the miracle if you clearly say he was/is not God.

But how can he be God and at the same time be applauded for ability to do miracles?

Friend, it would take a long course of study for you to understand what it means to have the indwelling of the Spirit. For only the indwelling teaches as HE is the great RABBONI.

Just for your learning, the Bible tells us that the GODHEAD is made up THREE PERSONALITY (GOD the Father, who is the Law Giver, GOD the SON who is our SAVIOUR, and GOD The HOLY SPIRIT our HELPER). As for Christ, the Bible says in Col.2:9 “For in him dwells (lives) the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (bodily form). “God was in Christ” (2 Cor.5:19). The meaning of the term “fullness of the Godhead” is that Jesus was fully God on earth just as His Father is fully in heaven. The point made in this Scripture is that Jesus was 100% God in the flesh. So this term is proving He is the second person of the Tri-unity, of the Godhead. This nature of God is shared among three and no more. That deity has a permanent home in Christ in bodily fashion (Col.2:9), all the divine nature, all that makes God who he is, is resident in the body form of Jesus.

I hope this helps. If you need more, please attend the Believers Class of RCCG.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by paris10: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
omenka:

Don't be fooled. Criss Angel is a magician and a con man ( literally). He walked on water using a transparent glass inserted into the water. The built glass is not visible to spectators. The glass has pillars which support its movement. There are also guys in the water manipulating his movement.

Check YouTube and view the secrets of magicians.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by SWG1: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
bilal4riid:
Jesus is the messenger not son of god

Matt 17:5
This is my BELOVED SON in whom i am well pleased, HEAR him.
YOu, need to study ur bible and also hear by the spirit. Thats the truth that will set u free and not arguement and defense of a religion uv not felt the power of GOD in.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by redsun(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
Validated:

Friend, it would take a long course of study for you to understand what it means to have the indwelling of the Spirit. For only the indwelling teaches as HE is the great RABBONI.

Just for your learning, the Bible tells us that the GODHEAD is made up THREE PERSONALITY (GOD the Father, who is the Law Giver, GOD the SON who is our SAVIOUR, and GOD The HOLY SPIRIT our HELPER). As for Christ, the Bible says in Col.2:9 “For in him dwells (lives) the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (bodily form). “God was in Christ” (2 Cor.5:19). The meaning of the term “fullness of the Godhead” is that Jesus was fully God on earth just as His Father is fully in heaven. The point made in this Scripture is that Jesus was 100% God in the flesh. So this term is proving He is the second person of the Tri-unity, of the Godhead. This nature of God is shared among three and no more. That deity has a permanent home in Christ in bodily fashion (Col.2:9), all the divine nature, all that makes God who he is, is resident in the body form of Jesus.

Statements like this by africans are obvious confession of their inferiority,their needlessness to accept change,free and believe in themselves.

It is sad.
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
joaquin64:

I am no non-believer, but sometimes I do wonder if such sayings were put there to actually not make you test anything at all! How terribly convenient isn't it?

After all we are only human, and humans are naturally curious which is no fault of ours. Couple that with the same 'faith' that is preached by the same bible, why then would they not seek to test things for themselves? How come it almost never works?

I'm just saying...

Quite like you drinking concentrated Hydrochloric acid to test if it really kills. Testing God is like show-case which the brother attempted to do. However, if it were such that he was in any danger and needed God to save him, e.g to cross over for the sake of his life, God would give him the miracle. God is not a magician that would call people (congregation) out to showcase His power. Christ never did and so any Christian practicing that is not of Christ!
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by joaquin64(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Validated:

Quite like you drinking concentrated Hydrochloric acid to test if it really kills. Testing God is like show-case which the brother attempted to do. However, if it were such that he was in any danger and needed God to save him, e.g to cross over for the sake of his life, God would give him the miracle. God is not a magician that would call people (congregation) out to showcase His power. Christ never did and so any Christian practicing that is not of Christ!

Good point on mentioning the issue of "showcasing". So, would it make any difference if he tried it in the privacy of his home then?
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Validated: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
redsun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsxo7vY8ac

Smart creatures like this can truly walk on water.It takes a deal of intelligence,adaptation and practice.

It would be highly profitable a venture for you to "takes a deal of intelligence,adaptation and practice" and show the world you are equal to this task. We would applaud you and may be include it amongst the wonders of man (from an Africans) grin
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by BCELLS(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
Where will he end up,heaven or hell?if hell can anyone tell me why?
Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Validated:

The meaning of the term “fullness of the Godhead” is that Jesus was fully God on earth just as His Father is fully in heaven. The point made in this Scripture is that Jesus was 100% God in the flesh. So this term is proving He is the second person of the Tri-unity, of the Godhead. This nature of God is shared among three and no more.

1. If, according to you, Jesus was 100% God in the flesh and was fully God on earth, why should he be praised or venerated for walking on water?

Validated:

2. My question is simple enough and I really don't know why you're referring me to any class.

Why should I praise you, for example, for being able to close your eyes and sleep or eat? Is it not the nature of men to sleep or eat? These are ordinary acts of human beings.

My question is: why should I be awed by the fact that Jesus (whom you said was 100% God) walked on water? Shouldn't that be an ordinary event as far as a God is concerned?

Why should it be a big deal that Jesus/God woke up a dead body? Was that not what Jesus/God was supposed to do?

If you say I should be surprised then you cannot again say Jesus was God or God performed the miracle.

If you say an ordinary man performed the miracle then you should also commend Cris Angel or Dynamo did. Again, this would also mean that Jesus was not God.

1 Like

Re: Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. by Pukkah: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
redsun:

Statements like this by africans are obvious confession of their inferiority,their needlessness to accept change,free and believe in themselves.

It is sad.

In terms of religion, Africans are the most confused set of people on this planet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adeboye Unveils ICU Centre At RCCG Headquarters In Ogun / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars As Church Member Dedicates Quadruplets / 2022 Prophecies By Dr. D.K Olukoya (Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.