Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. (18674 Views)

Army Recovers Arms In A Coffin At A Checkpoint (Photos) / Father Of Two, Tortured To Death At Sokoto Checkpoint By Policemen (Pictured) / Mad Man Rapes DELSU Student At ATM Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by ejifranks(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2013
BUSH.HUNTER:
That soldier must be Jail for Life......why must he open fire on innocent soul.....

Zombies No Get Kontrol o Na Jorojara joro In FeLa Voice
The driver is to be blamed

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by NicheNaija: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2013
so bad..check here:www.spiceng.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by phlame(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: oh that's something! lets see what gullible ibos will have to say here on nland. thank god he is hausa, I know their comments should be different from what they will have to say now

How old are U? undecided
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
"they leave sorrow, tears and blood. . .their regular trademark!"
-Baba Fela

CHECK the dico for the meaning of CHECKPOINT. wawa kawai
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by lymelyte(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Zamizoni(m): 11:26am On Dec 27, 2013
leonshom:
So,it means dey av to open fire on any vehicle dat tries 2 excape/boycourt d military checkpoint or wot? Can't they prescribe a better approach 2 such issue than to be killing innocents souls! Imagine d guy dat was killed happens 2b ur relative,ow wuld u feel? I jez bliv thr actions was wrong,xpecially in a modern society!

ELEYI O DA NKAN KAN MO
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by KenJak(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2013
XLR8: ASSUMING THEY WERE TERRORISTS FOR REAL. I TRUST OUR BRITISH COUNTERPARTS LIKE THE CIA OR FBI. THEY'LL JUST TAG THE CAR SO AS TO LEAD THEM TO THE OTHERS. GUESS IT HAS BEEN LONG THOSE GUYS SHOT LAST.MTCHWW.UNDERDEVELOPED FERIFERI
All these war films have completely entered your head. What if they were true terrorists and they eventually killed those soldiers first,what would you have said? You would say those soldiers were not competent or well trained. Nigerians!
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: may this saner fate fall at the entire members of your family and you be at the grief receiving end. amen

we must empathize with the bereaved but that does not mean the soldiers should not be wary of their own lives as well. what if the bus were to be smuggling arms? o boi, we r talking about the north here. and what a shallow mind you have to be cursing someone who simply told the truth by blaming the driver.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by shortgun(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2013
OK, here is my take on d unfortunate incidence.
1. The driver is wrong for trying to beat a military checkpoint or any other checkpoint.

2. The soldier acted foolishly by targeting the occupants of the vihicle, his aim should be to halt d vihicle; he should've aimed for d tires or driver this will bring the vihicle to a
halt.

3. The driver, the soldier and the commanding officer are culpable. I rise.
RIP to d dead.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Decryptor(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2013
I read the news earlier on this morning. To tell you the truth, Hausa people are not meant to drive vehicles for any reason. They break the rules of driving, reckless, and flout traffic laws and try to beat checkpoints. They are better off pushing carts and riding donkeys.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2013
can u even hit a target 5inches away Mr Shotgun before u judge based on aiming?
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Wiinnd(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2013
Swaggot00: God bless nigeria. this is one of the billon reasons why my hustling niggas wont go back home .. i love this lyrics dunno the name of the group but i know they are group artist based in nigeria *as for me i go take broom' sweep my upper room lock myself i no go see the sun or moon no need for spoon' i no go chop' i go fast morning and afternoon' people go assume say i meet my doom inside my room....... '*
you talking ''THE PULSE''
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by kidsam: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2013
i've never heard anyone feel sad or sorry when news about our soldiers being killed up north is shared. Yeah it is very sad that an innocent boy was killed, but you can't shy away from the fact that if the soldiers assumed the vehicle (trying to speed off or overtake at a military checkpoint) was not carrying bh guys, it may have caused the soldiers and possibly a lot more people their lives. Even though in this case it was not so

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2013
kidsam: i've never heard anyone feel sad or sorry when news about our soldiers being killed up north is shared. Yeah it is very sad that an innocent boy was killed, but you can't shy away from the fact that if the soldiers assumed the vehicle (trying to speed off or overtake at a military checkpoint) was not carrying bh guys, it may have caused the soldiers and possibly a lot more people their lives. Even though in this case it was not so

God bless your mother and may the bodies of your ancestors never decay grin
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2013
ViKtor1094:

What do u expect from them?? They should wait to confirm that d passengers are not suicide bombers after they detonate the explosives they are carrying? why will anybody in his sane mind try to jump a military checkpoint?
I feel bad for the victim but u can't blame the soldiers for what happened.
granted the driver was stupid for tryin to jump d checkpoint buh accordin to standard protocol you dont shoot-to-kill unless lives are in imminet danger.
Why did the soldiers panicked? Their action reeks of unprofessionalism and incompetency. Anyway ds is nigeria, where mediocrity is the order of the day.
Their action could neva be justified No matter which angle you are lookin at it from.
These are the same goons tasked to protect us. Not to be killin us accidentaly.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by ichommy(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2013
Jayses: Pathetic
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

granted the driver was stupid for tryin to jump d checkpoint buh accordin to standard protocol you dont shoot-to-kill unless lives are in imminet danger.
Why did the soldiers panicked? Their action reeks of unprofessionalism and incompetency. Anyway ds is nigeria, where mediocrity is the order of the day.
Their action could neva be justified No matter which angle you are lookin at it from.
These are the same goons tasked to protect us. Not to be killin us accidentaly.

How many US soldiers have been killed in their country in the past 10yrs? wawa kawai
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
The driver is at fault here.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
boolet:

CHECK the dico for the meaning of CHECKPOINT. wawa kawai
i jst did sir and i aint seein it sayin anythin lyk it bn a place where incompetent soldiers shoot-to-kill a driver who flout their traffick rules.
Btw, cant u do wt d names callin? U shld be beta dan dat.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
boolet:

How many US soldiers have been killed in their country in the past 10yrs? wawa kawai
xcuse me, is u sayin somtn?
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by slimthugchimee(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

i jst did sir and i aint seein it sayin anythin lyk it bn a place where incompetent soldiers shoot-to-kill a driver who flout their traffick rules.
Btw, cant u do wt d names callin? U shld be beta dan dat.
what if you had shot the tires and the man was a bh and had a bomb he should have blown the whole place up with the military and the passerby and the other drivers and then you guys will blame the military sayibg they should have killed him and again the car is a moving car do you know how had it is to shoot the tire of a moving car what if the soldiers missed and then the people were bh targeting a place now the people will say that they even passed military checkpoint mtchwwwwww if it was me at such high density area i would have done desame
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

xcuse me, is u sayin somtn?

yes of course, and don't parry my question in a mediocre manner
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Ilaje44(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
XLR8: ASSUMING THEY WERE TERRORISTS FOR REAL. I TRUST OUR BRITISH COUNTERPARTS LIKE THE CIA OR FBI. THEY'LL JUST TAG THE CAR SO AS TO LEAD THEM TO THE OTHERS. GUESS IT HAS BEEN LONG THOSE GUYS SHOT LAST.MTCHWW.UNDERDEVELOPED FERIFERI

Your British counterparts? Apart from the FACT that those 2 listed Organisations are not BRI'ISH, they never are a counterpart of the Nigerian Millitary, specifically the NA. Please don't take your MOVIE experience for REAL World experience.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by marvelcaps231: 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dem dey on point,make dm conclude th work ASUU and gej don start,na God hand we dy
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by boolet: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ilaje44:
Your British counterparts? Apart from the FACT that those 2 listed Organisations are not BRI'ISH, they never are a counterpart of the Nigerian Millitary, specifically the NA. Please don't take your MOVIE experience for REAL World experience.

DOn't mind 'them' bro. Many of 'them' will even decide against serving the NYSC scheme than being posted to the north.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Arosa(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
The driver must be retarded or drunk, either way I blame him.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
slimthugchimee: what if you had shot the tires and the man was a bh and had a bomb he should have blown the whole place up with the military and the passerby and the other drivers and then you guys will blame the military sayibg they should have killed him and again the car is a moving car do you know how had it is to shoot the tire of a moving car what if the soldiers missed and then the people were bh targeting a place now the people will say that they even passed military checkpoint mtchwwwwww if it was me at such high density area i would have done desame
typical nigerian. . . . I wonder if you'd still hold tight to ds ridiculously opinions of urs if dat innocent man shot dead was closely related to u.
2 wrongs aint ever gon make a ryt.
These are the same soldiers who threw away their weapons and run for their dear life anytym them "big boyz" come callin.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Ilaje44(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
Decryptor: I read the news earlier on this morning. To tell you the truth, Hausa people are not meant to drive vehicles for any reason. They break the rules of driving, reckless, and flout traffic laws and try to beat checkpoints. They are better off pushing carts and riding donkeys.
Not only Hausa people if you are sincere are not worthy to drive a vehicle. As matter of unfallacious fact, the overwhelming majority of vehicle driver in Nigeria are CLUELESS about driving. A lot of the accidents in Nigeria are mainly due to the inadequacies of the road users and the lackadaisical traffic and general law enforcement seen in Nigeria. Nigeria has sadly no institutions of state. Every damned thing is wallowing in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by romzyxy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
busky101: hope say u sabi pray? Cos u go pray sote messi win grammy award
The pulse
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
boolet:

yes of course, and don't parry my question in a mediocre manner
i was talkin of standard protocols and you were askin me how many US soldiers have been killed?
I guess i shld provide you wt hotlines to US DOS so u cld confirm in person.
dats dumb jst plain dumb, even for ur standard.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by vislabraye(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
pappilo:

Your brain has been militarized.

What's wrong with his comment ? U should rather blame the driver rather than the soldier. Its an unfortunate event, but the soldiers are trying their best.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by jakesund(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
guys even in the united States.... u beat a military check point and guns go blazing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motorcycle Thief Caught & Beaten Mercilessly In Ikorodu, Lagos / NDLEA Intercepts Skunk, Meth, Tramadol; Arrests Grandma, Pregnant Woman / Lagos Printer Abducts, Rapes Secondary School Student He Met On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.