Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. (18675 Views)

Army Recovers Arms In A Coffin At A Checkpoint (Photos) / Father Of Two, Tortured To Death At Sokoto Checkpoint By Policemen (Pictured) / Mad Man Rapes DELSU Student At ATM Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by soulglo: 2:55am On Dec 29, 2013
kaecy5:

@Soul_glo
i don't know what planet you are from- and i wonder why you are saying it is a LIE

1. this is a military checkpoint not a police check point
2. maybe you dont know, or probably you sit at home at just type. there is totally a difference in the 2
3. i drove to the north this xmas and back to lagos, if you think those checkpoints are for children then you are mistaken. unofficially Nigeria is at war with Terrorist and if you misbehave at those checkpoint you would be KILLED for nothing instantly.
3. i saw with my own eyes a girl being interrogated for using her camera phone to record videos of the soldiers at a certain checkpoint. i did not wait to see the end of it. i doubt if the girl would go home with the phone or without some strokes.
4. i believe the Driver of the Bus should be held accountable for trying to play smart at a checkpoint.
5. any Military int the world would shot to kill at a checkpoint if you try to play smart or refuse to stop. i repeat military and not police.

so if you still doubt, take a bus to abuja and misbehave at a checkpoint. i will be waiting for your testimonies.

Honestly you are simply talking out of you a55. Soldiers even more than police are taught the act of suppressing fire in time of war. Note that this applies to when you are even being fired at. This is basic training. BASIC. It's like you have convinced yourself that soldiers are mad people and that they really do not have rules within the military that they are expected to follow. The soldier shot at a vehicle that was driving away from not towards them. There was no clear and present danger. Whether he was or not evading arrest is irrelevant. If they were well manned they could have jumped in a vehicle and follow the driver or whatever protocol besides shooting randomly like an untrained civilian. Soldiers are trained professionals. In your world they are untrained street thugs with no brain cells.
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by XLR8(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote

author=Ken_Jak]
All these war films have completely entered your head.
What if they were true terrorists and they eventually killed those
soldiers first,what would you have said? You would say those soldiers
were not competent or well trained. Nigerians!
[/quote]

WAR FILM OR NO WAR FILM..TIS A REFLECTION OF HOW THEY DO THEIR
THINGS,WHILE OUR NOLLYWOOD IS A REFLECTION OF OUR NIGERIAN LIVES. NOW
SINCE THOSE GUYS KILLED AN INNOCENT LIVE SHOULD WE CALL THEM COMPETENT?
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by XLR8(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote
author=koboko69]
Dumb post.....if the situation in the country is juat as any part of the
united states...there will be body counts not just one unfurtunate
victim. This is a military check point....let that sink into ur
brains[/quote]

currently sinking!
Re: Soldiers Kill Student At Checkpoint In Katsina. by LordAzubuike(f): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2020
shortgun:
OK, here is my take on d unfortunate incidence.
1. The driver is wrong for trying to beat a military checkpoint or any other checkpoint.

2. The soldier acted foolishly by targeting the occupants of the vihicle, his aim should be to halt d vihicle; he should've aimed for d tires or driver this will bring the vihicle to a
halt.

3. The driver, the soldier and the commanding officer are culpable. I rise.
RIP to d dead.
Aiming for the driver will bring the vehicle to a halt? grin where did you put your brains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motorcycle Thief Caught & Beaten Mercilessly In Ikorodu, Lagos / NDLEA Intercepts Skunk, Meth, Tramadol; Arrests Grandma, Pregnant Woman / We settle security agents with N500, 000 – Pipeline vandal(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.