Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads (15350 Views)

Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? / Jonathan Begins Gradual Movement Out Of Aso Rock / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by kel4soft: 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
solomon111: Get out of here.
Many of the roads on this thread are federal roads built/repaired under GEJ's tenure.
GEJ has repaired and built more roads than all his precedessors.
Even ndu-chuks the known APC apologist, acknowledges GEJ's government's achievement in road infrastructure.
It's obvious ndu-chuks has more integrity than all you APC thugs combined.

Please point the FG roads the OP posted here bar Abuja on these thread.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Terrible list of woes............ I heard you guys in APC approached IBB, Atiku, and Abdulsalami Abubakar to help fashion an alternative.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1283335_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
EWOHIMI ROAD/BRIDGE - Edo State

Odor Road/Bridge in Nibo Anambra state

Eastern Bypass - Kaduna State

East West Road (Akwa Ibom - Rivers State Section)

Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge

Adamawa

KADUNA-KANO DUAL CARRIAGE ROAD

Ibadan-Ilorin dual carriageway

Agbarho-Okan Road - Delta State

Ajamimuogha-Okere road dualisation, Warri South LGA

Delta state

Olomu Bridge, Delta state

Ero Bridge, Ekiti State

ABUJA-ZUBA-ROAD-AT-NIGHT

Panyam to Shendam Road, Jos

Abuja

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by OmoTier1(m): 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Haha... Dem don they copy and paste projects and success of other hard working people as usual cool since when did the FG start constructing road in Ewohimi in Edo State
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Lagos

Abuja

Benin-Ore [Lagos] expressway

Abuja - Keffi Road

Alape Bridge Ondo

Bomadi Bridge Delta

"THE DUALIZED BITRUS RWANG PAM ROAD INAUGURATED BY GOV.JONAH JANG OF PLATEAU STATE" - NEW AGENCY OF NIGERIA

Jigawa

Uyo

Oron Road, Uyo to Okpedi

New Gateway Road, Bayelsa

Newly constructed road Gombe State

Owerri-Onitsha Dual carriage way close to Awomama

Uyo-Ekim Itam Road, Akwa Ibom State

Jos-Akwanga Road, North-central Nigeria

Road in Jalingo

Abuja

Epe Bridge

Road in Uyo

2 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by MayorofLagos(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2013
luvinhubby:
o baje ti
But why is Lagos road the only one with toll gates and collecting money from motorists in all the pictures?

The question ought to be, why are other states not collecting toll on their trunk roads?

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Abagworo(m): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The truth is, if some of the changes we have witness under some governors are seen at the centre, Nigerians will not be screaming for a change of government at the centre. Look at the states the Op is posting good road pictures from, they are states where the governors have made very tangible efforts to bring good governance to the grassroots. However the same cannot be said of GEJ's government with the attendant trillions that has passed through His hands, hence the reason Nigerians are shouting corruption.

As for the monies, Nigeria has made so much money from oil, taxation in the last 5 years than ever, and also, the instrument of bonds have never been so exploited for development as currently, although it is what pointing out not all of those bond instruments have been used judiciously for the sole purpose of development as in the case of Delta state

History will have GEJ's era as the era of highest infrastructural transformation in Nigeria. However it has a lot to do with the persistent high price of crude oil in the past 8 years out of which OBJ took 2. Gowon was the only other President that witnessed oil boom. The question is how long will this boom last? Have we made good use of the excess cash this rainy day to alleviate the impending draught of shale gas? After Gowon and people ofhis era lavished all the money on infrastructure without planning, we ended up unable to maintain them and they turned out useless.

Owerri new Road. I don't know the name. Still under construction but looks like a tunnel.

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by taharqa: 12:40am On Dec 30, 2013
Abagworo:

History will have GEJ's era as the era of highest infrastructural transformation in Nigeria. However it has a lot to do with the persistent high price of crude oil in the past 8 years out of which OBJ took 2. Gowon was the only other President that witnessed oil boom. The question is how long will this boom last? Have we made good use of the excess cash this rainy day to alleviate the impending draught of shale gas? After Gowon and people ofhis era lavished all the money on infrastructure without planning, we ended up unable to maintain them and they turned out useless.

Owerri new Road. I don't know the name. Still under construction but looks like a tunnel.

Gbam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Anyone notice how the pessimists, the doom and gloomers, the disintegrationists, secessionists, and ethnic separatists, have studiously avoided this thread? Their silence is so loud as to shatter one's ear lobes.

5 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by birdman(m): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2013
If empty two lane highways are your sign of hope, we need to pray for you before praying for Nigeria wink
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 30, 2013
birdman: If empty two lane highways are your sign of hope, we need to pray for you before praying for Nigeria wink

If all you see from the postings so far are ''empty two lane highways'', then even prayers couldn't possibly work for you.

6 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by birdman(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

If all you see from the postings so far are ''empty two lane highways'', then even prayers couldn't possibly work for you.

I was trying to help you out. most of what you posted is not even worth the mention. you obviously think a new 500m bridge is proof of life for Nigeria. wake up.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
none of this roads are neat.. clean but not well structured ; aesthetically poor as well
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by solomon111(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
scipher: none of this roads are neat.. clean but not well structured ; aesthetically poor as well
Kai.
Some Nigerians have very very high standards.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: Kai.
Some Nigerians have very very high standards.
why spend billions on them?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by OmoTier1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abagworo:

I only challenged you and your likes to name the roads began and completed by GEJ. I gave list of five roads in Edo State alone that was either dualised completely or constructed from scratch during Obasanjo's time.

As a fellow south south man, I expected Jonathan to lay a very solid foundation infrastructure wise, so that whoever takes over from Him would know that the bar has been raised very high and He or She will have no option but to continue from there.

Lets be honest with ourselves, a sitution where most state governors are now the ones constructing the Federal highways through their state, those that not tell you something?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
birdman:

I was trying to help you out. most of what you posted is not even worth the mention. you obviously think a new 500m bridge is proof of life for Nigeria. wake up.

If it improves peoples' lives, it is ''worth the mention''.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by PapaBrowne(m): 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I only challenged you and your likes to name the roads began and completed by GEJ. I gave list of five roads in Edo State alone that was either dualised completely or constructed from scratch during Obasanjo's time.

As a fellow south south man, I expected Jonathan to lay a very solid foundation infrastructure wise, so that whoever takes over from Him would know that the bar has been raised very high and He or She will have no option but to continue from there.

Lets be honest with ourselves, a sitution where most state governors are now the ones constructing the Federal highways through their state, those that not tell you something?

Abagworo is not a GEJ supporter and he has told you the truth. I respect people like him. But you refuse to be honest with yourself.
I've been travelling pretty much as a result of a project I've been running for about a year now.

Two things you will surely notice and every traveler agrees is 1) The absense of police check points is the best thing that has happened in ages. Not only are there almost no more highway robberies, the journey is smoother.
The second biggest observation is the amount of road construction going on accross the country in a very active fashion.
From Lagos to Ibadan, Shagamu to Ore, Ore to Benin, Benin to Auchi, Auchi to Lokoja, Lokoja to Abuja, Warri to Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt to Oron, Enugu to Onistsha, Enugu to Port Harcourt and the list is endless. The road construction taking place in Nigeria is unprecedented and as Abagworo rightly said, if you at least dont want to attribute it to Jonathan, you canat least admit its a result of excess cash from oil sales as well as high oil output.

In States controlled by both APC and PDP, the bar has been raised. People insult Uduaghan of Delta State, but the amount of works he has done across the state would have been the top 3 performaces if he were in the 99-07 class of governors.

The reason for the improved performance is simple. Power is shifting fast to the people. Votes now count so politicians are more careful. Your biggest currency is performance. If you dont perform, you cannot even rig successfully. Go and ask Ohakim.
The biggest achievement of President Jonathan is allowing us to freely choose our leaders. In OBJ's era, it didn't matter whether or not you performed. You just needed the right Godfathers and you will be returned. To think Lucky Igbinedion ruled Edo State for 8 years without a single road contruction. Not one to his name!! Wouldn't happen now in even the worst performing state.

5 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

[s]
Abagworo is not a GEJ supporter and he has told you the truth. I respect people like him. But you refuse to be honest with yourself.
I've been travelling pretty much as a result of a project I've been running for about a year now.

Two things you will surely notice and every traveler agrees is 1) The absense of police check points is the best thing that has happened in ages. Not only are there almost no more highway robberies, the journey is smoother.
The second biggest observation is the amount of road construction going on accross the country in a very active fashion.
From Lagos to Ibadan, Shagamu to Ore, Ore to Benin, Benin to Auchi, Auchi to Lokoja, Lokoja to Abuja, Warri to Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt to Oron, Enugu to Onistsha, Enugu to Port Harcourt and the list is endless. The road construction taking place in Nigeria is unprecedented and as Abagworo rightly said, if you at least dont want to attribute it to Jonathan, you canat least admit its a result of excess cash from oil sales as well as high oil output.

In States controlled by both APC and PDP, the bar has been raised. People insult Uduaghan of Delta State, but the amount of works he has done across the state would have been the top 3 performaces if he were in the 99-07 class of governors.

The reason for the improved performance is simple. Power is shifting fast to the people. Votes now count so politicians are more careful. Your biggest currency is performance. If you dont perform, you cannot even rig successfully. Go and ask Ohakim.
The biggest achievement of President Jonathan is allowing us to freely choose our leaders. In OBJ's era, it didn't matter whether or not you performed. You just needed the right Godfathers and you will be returned. To think Lucky Igbinedion ruled Edo State for 8 years without a single road contruction. Not one to his name!! Wouldn't happen now in even the worst performing state.[/s]

Omo_Tier1:
I only challenged you and your likes to name the roads began and completed by GEJ.

He didn't ask you for all the run around and dodging essay, just pick up the challenge.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by anulaxad(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
You do not know what infrastructure is you are just showing some horrendous attempts to actually build something properly.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by emiye(m): 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta:

He didn't ask you for all the run around and dodging essay, just pick up the challenge.

grin
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by anulaxad(m): 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta:

To add on to what you are saying, is any roads in Nigeria that are good quality.

Fact: there is not even one good road in Nigeria.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 31, 2013
agbameta:

@Agbameta I am compelled to ask, and i am sorry if this offends you. What is your academic qualifications? You write like a frustrated old man who has lost all his hopes and aspiration and wants to pull everyone down with him.

Please tell me your academic qualification so that i can know how to address you.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 12:54am On Dec 31, 2013
anulaxad:

[s]To add on to what you are saying, is any roads in Nigeria that are good quality.

Fact: there is not even one good road in Nigeria.[/s]

Wrong? Try again.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 12:56am On Dec 31, 2013
rudedough:

[s]@Agbameta I am compelled to ask, and i am sorry if this offends you. What is your academic qualifications? You write like a frustrated old man who have lost all his hopes and aspiration and wants to pull everyone down with him.

Please tell me your academic qualification so that i can know how to address you.

Thanks.
[/s]

Is my academic qualifications responsible for your worthless and miserable existence?

Must you people not make any damn sense even for your own good?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2013
luvinhubby:
o baje ti
But why is Lagos road the only one with toll gates and collecting money from motorists in all the pictures?

The problem with Nigerians is youre lazy! Extremely Lazy! You think the Govt has to just miraculously maintain all your infrastructures without you putting in funds in the Govts pockets.

You pay for what you get. You dont want to pay the toll, then walk. I doubt they ask you to pay a toll as you leg it across the booths.

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 31, 2013
agbameta:

Is my academic qualifications responsible for your worthless and miserable existence?

Yes it does matter. A Primary School graduate will think primary school stuff irrespective of age.

A High school graduate will reason on a high school level.

A college graduate will reason and converse like a college graduate.

A Post-graduate degree holder will reason more critically and analyze more independently on a Post graduate level.

A Post-doctorate degree holder will expantiate immensely on a subject, he talks too much but he makes a lot of sense.

There is a trend here and if plotted graphically, you'll note that your critical thinking skills and analyzing potentials increase exponentially as your education progress.

So please tell me, what is your academic qualifications? No offence intended, i just want to know so that i can address you moderately.

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 1:26am On Dec 31, 2013
rudedough:
[s]
Yes it does matter. A Primary School graduate will think primary school stuff irrespective of age.

A High school graduate will reason on a high school level.

A college graduate will reason and converse like a college graduate.

A Post-graduate degree holder will reason more critically and analyze more independently on a Post graduate level.

A Post-doctorate degree holder will expantiate immensely on a subject, he talks too much but he makes a lot of sense.

There is a trend here and if plotted graphically, you'll note that your critical thinking skills and analyzing potentials increase exponentially as your education progress.

So please tell me, what is your academic qualifications? No offence intended, i just want to know so that i can address you moderately.
[/s]

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 31, 2013
agbameta:

[b]Your display of aggression is a characteristics of a primary school drop out. A primary school drop out becomes aggressive and defensive when you ask him about his academic qualifications.

If only you had listened to your parents when they were forcing you to go to school, you wouldn't have been this frustrated. You thought Nigeria was so bad and it would never get better, so you packed your bag from Oyo state and ran to Lagos to become a vulcanizer. Hoping that before your childhood friends graduate from school, you would have become a rich man.

Now you are bitter because Nigeria is developing faster than you anticipated, and your childhood friends are doing well in the corporate sector while you're stuck in the Vulcanizing business. You just don't want to believe that Nigeria is developing, so you'll deny, curse, fight, cancel comments, rant and gnash your teeth.

Stop living in self denial bro, it's happening right before your eyes and NO! You're not sleeping or dreaming. cheesy cheesy This is real bro, it's real.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 3:09am On Dec 31, 2013
rudedough: [s]

[b]So you see, this is the characteristics of a primary school drop out. He's always aggressive and on the defensive when you ask him about his academic qualifications.

If only you had listened to your parents when they were forcing you to go to school, you wouldn't have been this frustrated. You thought Nigeria was so bad and it would never get better, so you packed your bag from Oyo state and ran to Lagos to become a vulcanizer. Hoping that before your childhood friends graduate from school, you would have become a rich man.

Now you are bitter because Nigeria is developing faster than you anticipated, and your childhood friends are doing well in the corporate sector while you're stuck in the Vulcanizing business. You just don't want to believe that Nigeria is developing, so you'll deny, curse, fight, cancel comments, rant and gnash your teeth.

Stop living in self denial bro, it's happening right before your eyes and NO! You're not sleeping or dreaming. cheesy cheesy This is real bro, it's real.
[/b][/s]

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 31, 2013
agbameta:

cheesy cheesy what an e-diot! grin
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by birdman(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2013
ROSSIKE:

If it improves peoples' lives, it is ''worth the mention''.

No doubt it is a good thing. no issues with that. But obviously, this cannot be used as a basis for keeping Nigeria one, as you suggested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Vote For APC, Atiku Tells North East Citizens / President Buhari @ 79: Achievements And Challenges / 2023: Adamu Garba To Run For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.