Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov (2488 Views)

Why The Recent Struggle For Biafra Is A Huge Joke / Proposed National Conference: A Case For Kwara State / Ebonyi Gov Suspends Attorney General, Two Commissioners For Improper Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2013
I bet Elechi is in one of those lucid intervals. Tomorrow, he'd come out to deny he said this.

Old men ought not to paricipate in the governance of a third world country. They are slow in thinking and run a reactionary or dead govts.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by mascot87(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2013
utumunta: I bet Elechi is in one of those lucid intervals. Tomorrow, he'd come out to deny he said this.

Old men ought not to paricipate in the governance of a third world country. They are slow in thinking and run a reactionary or dead govts.
Someone will call your dad and you same one day

3 Likes

Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2013
Laja Laba: I hate your username...Totally uncalled for biko

Laja...

The username is perfectly in order....no rule broken. grin
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by dridowu: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Short of words
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by juman(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2013
The present constitution is good enough for a serious nation to be thrived and prosperous.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2013
Martins Elechi must be sent to the evil forest.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Martins Elechi must be sent to the evil forest.
thank heavens you dont have the power to. angry
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Pukkah: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2013
I've always had this feeling that it's not all the SS and SE Guvs that are really loyal to Jonathan.

That of Amaechi happened very quickly but I'm also suspecting Akpabio. The role he reportedly played before the NGF was divided is suspect.

Apart from Seriake, Obi, Orji and possibly Imoke, the rest of them (Chime, Elechi, Uduaghan) appear lukewarm.

Of course, Oshiomhole, Rochas and Amaechi are not with him politically.

@topic, what Pa Elechi said does not really come as a surprise as many people are also sceptical about the timing of the Conference and the fact that it could be used as a ploy to postpone the 2015 elections. Ekweremadu has already started to fly the kite.

The surprise is that, coming from a zone admitted as Jonathan's 'pillar of support', the statement which is a blow to the Conference may have happened in Elechi's unguarded moment.

The question now is: how many more of Jonathan's 'loyal' governors harbour thoughts such as Elechi's?
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Gamji007: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Pa Elechi, due to Old age, forgot he was suppose to be loyal to GEJ and mistakenly spoke the truth.

I hope the Abatis and Okupes of nairaland will not call him an OSU or say he was paid by Tinubu.

As some one said, its an own goal! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by juman(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2013
The governor's statement is not about loyal or not loyal, he said his own view and understanding from his experience about nigeria.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Worldlife: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Garri the 1st: Own-Goal

cheesy cheesy
grin
Garri the 1st: Own-Goal

cheesy cheesy
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Pukkah: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2013
juman: The governor's statement is not about loyal or not loyal, he said his own view and understanding from his experience about nigeria.

Look at his choice of words. In substance, what's the difference between his words and what a politician in the opposition camp would say?

“The National conference to me is a big joke, waste of time and a distraction to Goodluck Jonathan. I’m skeptical about it. It will not achieve anything.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by nwaanambra1(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Laja...

The username is perfectly in order....no rule broken. grin

Gbam! the username is perfectly in order considering the fact that "his son" was fathered by an igbo man just as one of their leaders was also father by an igbo man and their other leader's paternity is not yet known - which based on the so-called leader's attitude and his desire to own entire yorubaland, may also have been father by an Igbo man!

So i guess he has a genuine reason for hating the igbos after all they took all that is rightly his - for instance the igbos officially own lagos! wink wink

So its cool for him to hate the igbos!
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by Ayekotoo(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2013
They say we have Greek gift. Two crumbs of poison that will survive the trappings of the onus. Let us first of all ask ourselves some questions, I am yet to consult with my party, but I see a contradiction here. I see a diversion here, I see deception here, I see lack of honesty and integrity here, I see a state of a sinking ship that needs no raft any longer; allow it to sink, build a new life, move the nation forward.---Bola Tinubu

Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by duwdu: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Martin Elechi just sounded the death Nellis on the upcoming jamboree being christened a "National Conference."

SMH at the clueless nature of President Jonathan's administration overall. Hmm.

P34c3
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by juman(m): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Pukkah: Look at his choice of words. In substance, what's the difference between his words and what a politician in the opposition camp would say?

He pointed out that it would not achieve anything since, according to him, the constitution has empowered the National Assembly to make laws for the country.

Stressing his objections to the dialogue further, the Ebonyi chief executive explained that referendum to ratify the outcome cannot supersede the deliberations of the National Assembly.

He urged proponents of the conference to revisit the colloquium by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2005, which he said enjoyed the participation of all segments of the Nigerian society.
His words: “The National conference to me is a big joke, waste of time and a distraction to Goodluck Jonathan. I’m skeptical about it. It will not achieve anything.

The constitution gives the National Assembly the power to make laws and the referendum cannot override the deliberations of the National Assembly.

“The best was the colloquium by former President Obasanjo in 2005. There, all segments of national life talked and reached far-reaching decisions. I will still consult my people but if at the end they decide to participate, I will not stop anybody but I will distance mysel and be an on -looker.

The National Assembly over-ruled it due to the third term ambitions of Obasanjo.

@the bolded

He meant the national assembly would overrule the referendum. Hence it would be tantamount to waste of time.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by kel4soft: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2013
I would have supported the conference if he has implemented any report.

Just a waste of tax payers money. By the way, have we suspended the constitutional amendment?
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by juman(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Personally I see it as not a waste of time. The national conference is needed.

There should be provision in the constitution to enforce the referendum. But the government does not have that kind of clout on national assembly.
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by wordcat(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
so u get sence reach like this?

[quote
author=Ibo-Killer]National Conference is a charade of an exercise. It
has to be discussed and approved by National Assembly. The Hausas don't
want it and have the power to block it in National Assembly. What we
need is Sovereign National Conference. We the people decide whether we
should continue the forced marriage or not. [/quote]
Re: National Conference, A Huge Joke, Says Ebonyi Gov by obitwo: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
OUK said he and his people need the country more than the country needs them

Is that another description for parasites?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon, Jos Crisis And The Nemesis Of Biafran Blood / The Policies Jonathan May Implement After Reelection / DEPORTATION OF IGBOS.....Federal Hight Court Rules In Favor of Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.