Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Man Enough To Answer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Enough To Answer (683 Views)

Help! He Is Not Man Enough. / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Enough To Answer by MiriamOLA: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
This write-up is dedicated to:
my virgin sisters who seek the right man.
I don't mean 'virgins' as in only those who have never had sex, I also call 'virgins' my sisters who have committed to God, whose pasts have been forgiven, whose garments have been made clean, my sisters who are ready to live to please the One True God, regardless the dirty past. This write-up is for you, I want you to carefully understand it.
It's a question you should ask that man seeking your hand. Pose this poem to the 'he' who asks. His answer means a lot.
A poem written by Lena Lathrop, to challenge men, though, I have modified some of its wordings to fit our culture and time here, but the original message remains untouched and timeless. Here it goes:

Do you know you have asked for the costliest thing
Ever made by the Hand above?
A woman's heart, and a woman's life-
And a woman's wonderful love.

Do you know you have asked for this priceless thing,
As a child might ask for a toy?
Demanding what others have died to win,
With the reckless dash of a boy?

You have written my lesson of duty out,
Manlike, you have questioned me.
Now stand at the bars of my woman soul
Until I shall question thee.

You require your beef shall always be hot,
Your socks and shirt be sparkling clean;
I require your heart be true as God's stars,
And as pure as His Heaven your soul.

I require a man and a king,
A king for the beautiful realm called Home,
And a man whose Maker, God,
Shall look upon as He did at the first,
And say, "It is very good."

I am fair and young, but the rose may fade,
From this soft young cheek one day;
Will you love me then amidst the falling leaves,
As you did among the blossoms of May?

I require all things that are grand and true,
All things that a man should be,
If you give this all, I would stake my life,
To be all you demand of me.

If you cannot be this, then a laundress and a cook,
You can hire and pay little,
But a woman's heart and a woman's life,
Are not to be won that way.
Let them answer us, sisters, for a loving woman finds Heaven or hell on the day she is made bride. Let us have our standards high set, not unrealistic, but high, with eyes wide open, and not be as those described in an icon's quote: "They sleep in courtship, and in wedlock awake", and then it's too late. Up, up, sisters, I may not know you, but my heart rejoices with all of you true and loving, who will be patient, and by God's Grace be hooked with the right man.
I require all things that are pure, grand and true, how about you?

(1) (Reply)

So This Is How We Separated / Relationship Problems That Actually Aren't / 11 Things You Wish You Knew Before Your First Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.