Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor (34954 Views)

Breaking: Dr Oby Ezekwesili Likely next CBN Governor. To Replace Emefiele / Governor Of The Bank Of England Should Be Appointed As The Next CBN Governor. / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Tip Aig-imoukhuede As Next CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by eaglechild: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
alaoeri: Charles Soludo - ibo
Sanusi - Hausa
Next CBN governor should be yoruba or else?
dejt4u: We need a yoruba man this time around
Sanusi - Hausa
What is wrong with you people?
I thought you guys were progressive, yet once a thread pops up you rush in and ruin it with your bigoted tribal rantings.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by eaglechild: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
I don't care who the next person is so far he has the right qualification and experience to handle the job.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by OAM4J: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

Sanusi did not clean up any mess

it is like a rain maker predicting there was going to be rain when there was none and then claim he stopped it

with ability to invent imaginary crisis like that we can all be heroes

this alarmist missing 50 billion that was not true is exactly how Sanusi exaggerated the economic crisis he claimed to have solved!

Ok, he erred, its only abt $12b that was not properly accounted for. Since its not 50 but only 12, I guess the amount is no longer significant and we dont need to appreciate him again. In fact he should be jailed for being a 50b alarmist instead of a mere 12b informant. Right?

Interesting!

9 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

I believe open letters have shocked the president into realities of his administration failures. The letters went beyond our shores and international observers are watching events. He will be doing himself great damage to put a Soludo type in CBN.

President needs an image maker, a redeemer. He will be looking for political credits at home and internationally and a solid technocrat in the like of his Agric Minister, Akinwunmi Adesina, will be the proper fit. Someone that international partners can respect; it will extend respect and redemption to the Preaident.

An Akinwumni or Aganga or Soludo or Ezekwesili type who knows the job to the bones is an excellent option not because of any open letters or tribal affiliation but simply because they would make an impact as policy implementors. This nonsense tribalism that you guys present is not only sick but supremely childish. Tribe has nothing whatsoever to do with capacity. From the same local Government area whence Akinwunmi or Ezekwesili emanated from, armed robbers and complete dullards also abound in plenty. Whoever you are Mr, this childish tribal my muscles are bigger than yours mentality just exposes how unintelligent you are. Sad to have to have to communicate regularly with childish bigots.

And by the way, my best ministers in this administration are Akinwunmi and Aganga. Imagine if I were a tribalist and choose to not like them despite their performance because they weren't my tribes men. Pretty pathetic what Nairaland turned into.

10 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am sorry but this dude looks like a Thief.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
We need a local bred economist for this job.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by wordcat(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Are trying to say that there's no "right man" to handle CBN job in d entire Yorubaland?

scipher: we need the right man for the job
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by purpinkx(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
I think we need continuity ! Someone that will pick up from the cashless policy and probably polymer notes . And someone that can improve the banking
sector ,

i don't want to hear that they gave
this bank xbillion threshold and they fired xhundred workers !

What more can one ask for ?
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by eaglechild: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Ok, he erred, its only abt $12b that was not properly accounted for. Since its not 50 but only 12, I guess the amount is no longer significant and we dont need to appreciate him again. In fact he should be jailed for being a 50b alarmist instead of a mere 12b informant. Right?

Interesting!
That singular act is a great enough to have him resign his appointment, we are talking about the CBN governor quoting bogus financial figures, that was well on the way of jeopardising the executive arm of government.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by usman3688(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2013

why r u being sentimental, I'm a yoruba guy but my concern is to have d right person for the job, don't care if its yoruba, hausa, igbo, or even tiv.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by funshint(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
This isn't about tribalism I think "Tunde Lemo" shld take-over as the CBN gov. That guy has paid his dues serving as Deputy Gov for so many years!
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by yfirstson(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
So sad a grownup like you can still think this way at this age.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Damojo: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
U pple shld stop ds rough play oh. U want Aigboje to commit suicide? Sum1 dt has been calling himself the next CBN guvnor!

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Polio: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne: I think the post of CBN would kind of belittle Elumelu. The guy is poised for much bigger. Boggling him down in regulatory bureaucracy would not cut it for Elumelu. The trending words today in global finance are impact investment, conscious capitalism and social entrepreneurship. Elumelu is at the forefront of these three with his Africapitalism model.

For a regulatory institution like CBN, we need folks who are long on policy framework design and implementation. A Soludo type who can easily create policy and convert it into practicality. Not a lot of people come to mind.

Spot on
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Hackerjay(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Over my dead body,wen i still dey alive... cheesy
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
Sanusi's intellectual what? You come across as a bloody tribalist .

What has my view on Sanusi's intellectual capacity have to do with tribalism? Seriously??
My tribe is filled with people with limited intellectual capacity and I wouldn't be short on reminding anyone from my tribe of his limitations who is giving a complex position like the CBN and chooses to run it aground with all braggadocio. Sanusi, I repeat is short on intellectual capacity to run a complex organisation like the CBN not because of his tribe but because of his own personal unlearned limitations.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Dhelake: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
He is too big to be a CBN governor.... I think he personally doesn't needs it
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by ichommy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
The guy good o.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by lafuria1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
eaglechild:
That singular act is a great enough to have him resign his appointment, we are talking about the CBN governor quoting bogus financial figures, that was well on the way of jeopardising the executive arm of government.
Pleaseeeeee, jeopardising what, tell me, did the subsidy scam jeopardize the government? Look nothing will shake this government even if it is a trillion dollars corruption.
The question now is what happened to the 12b dollars that the government agreed is missing? Please answer the missing 12b dollars na, no you won't, you want us to concentrate on why Sanusi said it was 50b dollars instead 12b dollars abi.
Alright Sanusi will pay the price for misquoting, agreed o,. Now tell me who should be held responsible for the 12b dollars that is missing?

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
The best candidate for this post should have an academic background that stand up to scrutiny.
Someone who can read and write---in English.
Someone who can add, subtract, and multiple--with ease.
Someone who would understand basic economics--such as demand and supply.
Someone who has an impeccable record as an accountant, banker, and economist, not--not some political hag trying to add the position to his resume for higher offices in the future.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by fiizznation: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Really?

That means he has been buying all those international awards like the Africa CBN Governor of the year he won like 2/3 times or those people who who awarded it are intellectually limited like him.

I also think you are of the higher intellectual order than Sanusi cos it takes someone who is intellectually higher to know who is intellectually limited.

Hmnnnnn..... am learning.
nice articulated respond sir•all I see in this CBN bruhaha is someone at the top trying to play politics in the bank
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Smily202(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
U ppl wanna tribalize this thread. ............As for me....I need the right man for the job
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by slikcipher(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2013

Ode..... must u bring tribe into everything?

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Ijayzbrainz: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Silence!
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Kingspin(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sanusi - Hausa
If your talking about turn the next people should be Tiv or Fulani man.
Let me ask you again which people suppose to produce the next president of Nigeria going by your comment.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by josite: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
im surprised names like the famed WALE OLUWO OF BGL is yet to come up in the search for CBN GOVERNOR.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by IleIfe2(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Interesting!

grin grin grin

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Kennyfancy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
we need south south man,,nt mallam or killing religion

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by fiizznation: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kennyfancy: we need south south man,,nt mallam or killing religion
this guys won't stop giving GEJ bad names• Anyway keep the flag of stewpeedity flying grin

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by slydog(m): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1: The best candidate for this post should have an academic background that stand up to scrutiny.
Someone who can read and write---in English.
Someone who can add, subtract, and multiple--with ease.
Someone who would understand basic economics--such as demand and supply.
Someone who has an impeccable record as an accountant, banker, and economist, not--not some political hag trying to add the position to his resume for higher offices in the future.

In addition to your requirements, I also want someone who knows the internal workings of the CBN, someone who's worked there or is currently there, not a newbie who will have to learn the ropes.
Also, since we've tried Soludo an economist to the core, and Sanusi a banker to the core, me feels we need and economist to the core once again.

The only person meeting this criteria is no other than Dr. Sarah Alade, a home breed economist from UI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hadiza And Safina Buhari At Zahra's Wedding (Photos) / Celebration Of The People The Moment Wike Won The Election (photos) / Obaseki Family Endorses Ize-iyamu For Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.