Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor (34988 Views)

Breaking: Dr Oby Ezekwesili Likely next CBN Governor. To Replace Emefiele / Governor Of The Bank Of England Should Be Appointed As The Next CBN Governor. / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Tip Aig-imoukhuede As Next CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
mad nigerian:

The reason why there is no change.......

Inflation....fuelled by over-importation of the things we manufacture.....which means higher prices...which means higher inflation rates, So if we print more lower denomination notes we would end up pushing up the inflation to higher rates.

Don't blame Sanusi...blame the oil addicted economy.

Also, blame Joe Sani(CBN Gov from 2000-2006) for introducing N100, 200, 500 and 1000 notes.....which was not his fault anyways., because of inflation.

Inflation, importation or higher prices can never be the reason there is no "change". A taxi driver gave me a better answer when he said that the increased use of ATM which disburses only 1000 Naira denominations is responsible. His answer gave me a rethink. I initially assumed Sanusi might be doing this purposely. But the Taxi drivers submission simmered my opinions.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Except that he dint fail like you but passed with with distinction. jk grin ... Anyways it really doesn't matter since he bought it, right? cheesy

I dont like you guys making me a Sanusi's spokesman and advocate, really I agree he made his mistakes like many others before him, but I think it's going too far describing him as "intellectually limited" simply because he doesn't share same ideology with Soludo on monetary policies. I think he did his best and deserves all the honors he got.

FYI, I didn't fail, and I made a choice, and most importantly, I don't claim falsely---unlike your idol! This issue of MSc has been brewing for the past 4 years, if any university had awarded the degree to Sanusi, he would have splashed it all over the internet by now!
Of course you and Jarus are the internet representatives of that evil and ignorant man parading himself an an economist.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by nigazman(m): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think you're right. Elumelu iss a business man and won't be interested in taking up an administrative job such as the cbn governorship position especially based on the fact that he was reputed to have made over 100million dollars in one year alone. I doubt he would leave that to settle for a mushroom position. it doesn't befit his status.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by madnigerian: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
PLEASE READ. BELOW - WHAT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT SANUSI

I have never heard of a thing more stupid or embarrassing than a governor of a central bank of Nigeria not understanding how revenue from crude oil is administered. Sanusi Lamido exposed his ignorance and shallowness after days to trying to snub the superior argument of smarter technocrats.

Yes.....so NNPC should continue lying to the Nation about income from oil, eh?
No wonder Nigeria does not progress, it is because people who ask questions about OUR money....are silly!

It is clear to me why the monetary policies of Nigeria under Sanusi Lamido have not helped improve the economy since he emerged as CBN governor. His over dependence on hot money to stabilize the currency, and his straight jacket, textbook copy and paste monetary policies has had many Nigerian economists scratching their heads. One of them has asked, ” where did Yar’Adua bring the man from?”

The Nigerian economy is in a mess because we are reliant on one resource....oil. Anything the CBN governor does is in response to that.

Besides......who are the economist s critiquing SLS, and exactly what are their words. A good internet search would reveal the works of Les Leba....who has good critiques of SLS......otherwise...this is just an ad-homien.

His arrogance and pride has made it impossible for him to learn from his subordinates in the Central Bank who are smarter and more experienced than him in monetary mechanics. Top officials of the bank say they miss the intellectual edge of past CBN governors, and deride the present as one who is only interested in publicity and speech making.

And the top officials are........go on, tell us?
We are in a democracy.....
And which CBN governor had intellectual edge? Paul 'the disaster ' Ogumma or Joe 'Print higher denomiations ' Sani?

After watching the public embarrassment of the Central Bank of Nigeria today, I can confidently posit that Sanusi has run the CBN with faulty data, and has not been thorough in the discharge of his duties. There is every reason to believe that this CBN governor is over-hyped and over-rated, and blinds his inefficiency and dullness with public presentations and pirated publications, like the few for which he has been sued for plagiarism.

Yes, people who query possible corruption are always silly......in Nigeria.
And then you will start complaining about bad governance.....

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi does not have the academic credentials to be governor of CBN and he knows he does not qualify. No wonder he is rushing out and not demanding a second term, he can’t be that lucky. The issue of Sanusi’s record in banking and monetary economics has been debated severally. Professor Peter Ekeh of the State University of New York at Bufallo wrote about Sanusi’s record saying:

The information we have on Sanusi’s preparation for his present position is sparse and unpublicized. We read that he did his undergraduate degree in Economics at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, graduating in 1981. We do not know in what area s of economics he specialized. It is traditional at that University to write a Research Essay in the final year. It would be important to know on what topic Lamido Sanusi wrote his essay. It is also good information to know what class of degree he earned to enable him to graduate from that University. The publicity piece on Sanusi on the Web site of Central Bank of Nigeria tells us that Sanusi took M. Sc. (Economics) courses, apparently without taking the degree at the end, although he is said to have obtained a distinction in Monetary Policy. Did he abandon the M.Sc. project? We are told that Sanusi returned briefly to teach at Ahmadu Bello University.

What subjects did he teach? These are elementary facts that should be available from a full curriculum vitae of the Chief Economist of the Federation. They are the sort of questions that any interviewing body would demand from any young academic who applies for the position of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in any of our universities. In addition, we may demand to know from Nigeria’s Chief Economist whether he took any professional examinations in banking while he worked at ICON Limited (Merchant Bankers) and United Bank for Africa before he became the CEO of First Bank of Nigeria. Finally, it will be beneficial for our judgment of the qualifications of our national Chief Economist to gain information on whether his studies in Islamic Law at the University of Khartoum, Sudan, in the hiatus between his years at ICON Limited and UBA, were related to his banking profession. The Central Bank Web site informs us that Sanusi bagged a First Class degree in his Islamic Studies in the Sudan. These are not over-bearing or over-probing questions. We would know about such background of the Governors of the Central Banks of any other African countries from their curriculum vitae.

Yep...the gent did not do his research.....he just simply resorted to ad-homiens, and special pleading?

If Sanusi was soooo incompetent.....HOW DID HE END UP RUNNING FIRST BANK AS ITS CEO?

Or do people who HAVE NEVER FINISHED THEIR MASTERS RUN BIG BANKS LIKE FIRST BANK?

Again bigotry masquerading as criticism.

Perhaps more important is Sanusi’s publication record. Fortunately, in modern times several vehicles exist for accessing the records of anyone who has engaged in academic or professional publishing. For this exercise I have employed the liberal vehicle of Harzing’s Publish or Perish. The result for Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is distressing. He has ten papers listed. They come from such newspaper-grade media sources as www.gamji.com and Daily Trust. All of them are about Sharia, Islamic Law and women. None of them is about economics or banking. The Web site of Central Bank of Nigeria boasts that Sanusi has publications in learned journals, but none is listed. They surely do not appear in the public record.

Because a bank executive is also supposed to be an academic.......yes, and I am a pink penguin.

While these questions from Prof. Eke may never get the answers they deserve, it is important to not that Nigeria has put up with its worst CBN governor in history. I can only compare Sanusi to Reserve (Central) Bank governor of Zimbabwe, Gideon Gono, who after a disastrous two term run, exited this year. Lamido Sanusi is a good man, but he is not smart enough an economist to run the CBN.

Yes, he is a good man.......except when he asks uncomfortable questions.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by eaglechild: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
la furia:
Pleaseeeeee, jeopardising what, tell me, did the subsidy scam jeopardize the government? Look nothing will shake this government even if it is a trillion dollars corruption.
The question now is what happened to the 12b dollars that the government agreed is missing? Please answer the missing 12b dollars na, no you won't, you want us to concentrate on why Sanusi said it was 50b dollars instead 12b dollars abi.
Alright Sanusi will pay the price for misquoting, agreed o,. Now tell me who should be held responsible for the 12b dollars that is missing?
That's the problem with you guys.

I am not saying that we should forget about the missing funds, I am simply saying that Sanusi cannot be trusted with financial figures, for all we know he may have even under quoted the figures or entirely fabricated them.

But his enthusiasm to come out with false figures must be questioned.

We are talking about Billions of dollars here.
1 makes a lot difference.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

PapaBrowne you are one of the posters I respect here especially when it comes to discussion on Economics matters, just admit you went too far describing him as "intellectually limited". If you had said he is not as good as Soludo in economics and monetary policies, I wouldn't have taken you up cos that would have been your personal opinion and preference. All his errors notwithstanding, no one who has ever listened to Sanusi should describe him as "intellectually limited", the guy is intellectually very sound and very intelligent.
By Intellectual limitation I refer to his knowledge in the specific field which is limited to a BSC in Economics. Most of his peers have much more than that. Soludo, his predecessor is a Prof who is studied in economics and is an intellectual icon in his field. There are many others from all tribes who are who have much more intellectual capacity than Sanusi in the field of economics.

If I am giving a choic between choosing Sanusi as President and choosing him as CBN governor, I will make him president ten times over making him CBN Governor., He is a brilliant man no doubt, but he has limitations intellectually in the field of economics and hence doesn't fit the job description.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by ejihand1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sanusi has never disappointed anyone who cares that he's a tribalist. At a stage in his office at cbn, his work became boring so he via into politics to ridicule Mr president. I believe his not through with Gej government. Until he is relieve of his position. Then all hell will be loose on Mr president. Solution : send EFFC after him with a view to lock him up at abakaliki prison at least till 2015
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
adconline:

Yes bro I followed all ur argument against SLS. He's a disaster! He called for subsidy removal and then went ahead to tell us that never paid for petrol for fuel. He blamed the masses for demanding $€£ instead of Naira at Western Union locations; after he implemented Naira policy, dollar has appreciated over Naira by 11%. He's made banks and BDCs richer . They pay out to WU customers at N153/1$ while the same banks will ask you to go and buy $€£ from their BDC at N170/1$ with a N17 margin shared between BDC owners and the banks.
Same guy who went for a chieftaincy title a coupe of days after his senior management staff had perished in a plane crash. Same guy who blamed his staff when he plagiarized another person's work. He got the numbers wrong when he accused NASS. He got the numbers wrong when with NNPC. SLS is a man whose ego is bigger than that of Donald Trump; makes reckless statements without thinking and adding it through; lacks empathy and talks like a typical Naija politician.

Not to talk of 'donating' 10B naira of our money to his favorite projects in Sokoto, kano, and to his girl friends. For a man who came into office accusing his predecessor of dining with rogue bankers to do what he has done over the past few years is simply criminal. For hiring his girlfriend without due process, and for claiming that our stock exchange is no more than a gambling house, this roadside perfomer should have been fired a long time ago, no we're in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by madnigerian: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Inflation, importation or higher prices can never be the reason there is no "change". A taxi driver gave me a better answer when he said that the increased use of ATM which disburses only 1000 Naira denominations is responsible. His answer gave me a rethink. I initially assumed Sanusi might be doing this purposely. But the Taxi drivers submission simmered my opinions.

Look at it this way.

We are earning a lot of money from oil, and are using it to import a lot of goods we should be manufacturing......like Biscuits, toothpaste, and detergent....which are more expensive than the local goods....and which push up the prices.

This leads to increased inflation.

It costs a lot of money to print notes.

If Sanusi prints more lower denomination naira notes, he may make you and me happy....but to cover for inflation , he would have to print a very high number of these notes....which would increase CBN'S printing cots( especially now that most of our notes are printed abroad.)

Note that the cost of printing one N20= the cost of printing one N100= Cost of printing N1000.

When that happens, CBN has a choice. Either print more lower denomination notes.....and see increased costs thanks to inflation ...or print higher denomination notes and save money and cover for inflation.

Which is why I advocate that Nigeria stop relying on oil.....and start manufacturing most of the things we import.

Strong economies are not oil dependent. See here....http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html?_r=0

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
Julieccentric: Like you guys don't know Aig imokhuede of Access bank is been groomed for the position of CBN Governor. Make una dey look

Is CBN his father's plot of land ?

Some peple refuse learning from history...
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by OAM4J: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

FYI, I didn't fail, and I made a choice, and most importantly, I don't claim falsely---unlike your idol! This issue of MSc has been brewing for the past 4 years, if any university had awarded the degree to Sanusi, he would have splashed it all over the internet by now!
Of course you and Jarus are the internet representatives of that evil and ignorant man parading himself an an economist.

I know you didn't fail, I was only joking, you saw I wrote (jk). And I got your point, I did a number of MBA coursework which I passed with distinctions too but am not an MBA graduate cos I was majoring in something else.

But the main point I was on is that Sanusi shouldn't be described as "intellectually limited" Never! Msc Economics or not. Am sure you will also agree with me that intellect is not also limited to MSc and PhD Degrees and the coursework he did add up.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by madnigerian: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Sanusi's daddy's friend is the "owner" of first bank. Go figure. Sanusi was at UBA for a while before moving to first bank when Mutallab was chairman. Mutallab is the owner of Jaiz Bank which Sanusi wanted to fund with CBN money. Mutallab is the father of Nigerian underwear bomber.

Yep...but even with 'connections'.....HE STILL HAS TO BE QUALIFIED.

And if what you say is true about SLS qualifications.....that means eitherUBA too was incompetent as well, or SLS was really qualified for the job at UBA..
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by grandstar(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
The next governors job should be to bring not inflation down but inflationary pressure down. Also for interest rates to come down to single digits. it will be awesome to take a mortgage at 6%. imagine the impact in the housing sector or industries?

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Wallade(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
We don't need the ex bank boss, I suggest Sarah Alade.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

I know you didn't fail, I was only joking, you saw I wrote (jk). And I got your point, I did a number of MBA coursework which I passed with distinctions too but am not an MBA graduate cos I was majoring in something else.

But the main point I was on is that Sanusi shouldn't be described as "intellectually limited" Never! Msc Economics or not. Am sure you will also agree with me that intellect is not also limited to MSc and PhD Degrees and the coursework he did add up.

I agree, intellect is not measured by the number of MSc or PHDs. However, in this modern age, those degrees predict one's exposure to certain issues. Those exposures prove important when one is comfronted by difficult and divergent issues, you'll at least know where to start looking for answers.
You could have hired a chief engineer who had no idea how to use computers in 1960, but not today.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by OAM4J: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:
By Intellectual limitation I refer to his knowledge in the specific field which is limited to a BSC in Economics. Most of his peers have much more than that. Soludo, his predecessor is a Prof who is studied in economics and is an intellectual icon in his field. There are many others from all tribes who are who have much more intellectual capacity than Sanusi in the field of economics.

If I am giving a choic between choosing Sanusi as President and choosing him as CBN governor, I will make him president ten times over making him CBN Governor., He is a brilliant man no doubt, but he has limitations intellectually in the field of economics and hence doesn't fit the job description.

If you had put it in the bold, even though am not in total agreement with it, I would have let it pass.

But you should know better that knowledge of a particular subject is not only acquired in the lecture-rooms, knowledge are also gained from work experiences and personal studies/research. I bet you have come across 1st degree holders that performed better than Masters/ PhD holders in the same field. I have.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by makzeze: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
We need hausa man this time around.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by curtain: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Sanusi's daddy's friend is the "owner" of first bank. Go figure. Sanusi was at UBA for a while before moving to first bank when Mutallab was chairman. Mutallab is the owner of Jaiz Bank which Sanusi wanted to fund with CBN money. Mutallab is the father of Nigerian underwear bomber.
the islamic banking was and is still a colossal waste of nigerian resources. Most of the northern state are enjoying central bank loan to the detriment of others, apart from sanusi's numerous donations to northerners, its a big shame that the north has poisoned nigeria with its ethno-religious sentiment beyond cure.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by atlwireles: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
The CBN chairman must be a proven intellectual. Elumelu does not qualify. If I had my way, I will simply return Soludo to office. No more fake bankers, please appoint someone that understands, long term policy implications. Sanusi was a mistake to this country and the industry.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by ceejay4real(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pple like u ar those dat draw Nigeria backwards!! Change ur thinking! Tribal & Religious BIGOTRY will take us nowhere as a Nation! The job shd be advertised & let d best candidate get it. Shikena!
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Yoruba man is the right man! Which other group in Nigeria run banks and investments and the economy and are savvy at managing fiduciary duties? Yoruba!
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Mightymanna(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
dejt4u: We need a yoruba man this time around
thats why nigeria will never move foward,beside what is yours when OBJ was the pressident?just becouse we are from thesame tribe with them we celebrate thier lootings and finally we go to bed with empty stomach
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by FOCUUS: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
NO! We want TUNDE LEMO
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by adconline(m): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
mad nigerian:

Look at it this way.

We are earning a lot of money from oil, and are using it to import a lot of goods we should be manufacturing......like Biscuits, toothpaste, and detergent....which are more expensive than the local goods....and which push up the prices.

If Sanusi prints more lower denomination naira notes, he may make you and me happy....but to cover for inflation , he would have to print a very high number of these notes....which would increase CBN'S printing cots( especially now that most of our notes are printed abroad.)

Note that the cost of printing one N20= the cost of printing one N100= Cost of printing N1000.

When that happens, CBN has a choice. Either print more lower denomination notes.....and see increased costs thanks to inflation ...or print higher denomination notes and save money and cover for inflation.

Which is why I advocate that Nigeria stop relying on oil.....and start manufacturing most of the things we import.

Strong economies are not oil dependent. See here....http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html?_r=0

Textbooks economist! Manufacturing involves a lot factors like infrastructure i.e NEPA, road, water and security. Cost of borrowing in Naija hovers around 30% with collateralized credit. U have to consider absolute and comparative advantage when going into manufacturing as well.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by atlwireles: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Give Nigeria men or women like this

Alexandre Tombini
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alexandre Tombini
Alexandre tombini bacen.jpg
President of the Central Bank of Brazil
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 1, 2011[1]
Preceded by Henrique Meirelles[2]
Personal details
Born December 9, 1963 (age 50)
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil[1]
Alma mater University of Brasília, B.Sc. (1984)
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D. (1991)[1]
Alexandre Antônio Tombini (Porto Alegre, December 9, 1963) is a Brazilian economist. He is the current Governor of the Central Bank of Brazil.
Contents [hide]
1 Academic life
2 Career
3 References
4 External links

Tombini graduated in Economics from the University of Brasilia (1984), and has a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (1991).[1]

Tombini made a career in the federal public sector. He worked in the Ministry of Finance between 1991 and 1995, where he headed the technical team negotiating the Common External Tariff (CET) of Mercosur. Between 1995 and 1998, he was special advisor to the Board of Foreign Trade, Chief of Staff of the Presidency of the Republic. He is an official of the Central Bank since 1998, where he was Director of International Affairs (2006) and Director of Special Studies (2006). Between 2001 and 2005, he worked in the office of the Brazilian representation in the International Monetary Fund. He was also a Visiting Professor at the University of Brasilia (UNB).[3][4]
References
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by atlwireles: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Zhou Xiaochuan

Zhou Xiaochuan (Chinese: 周小川; pinyin: Zhōu Xiǎochuān) (born January 29, 1948) is a Chinese economist, banker, reformist and bureaucrat. As governor of the People's Bank of China since December 2002, he has been in charge of the monetary policy of the People's Republic of China. He was reappointed to the same position in March 2013, making him the longest-serving central bank chief since the establishment of the People's Republic of China.[2]
He has previous held leading posts in trade and finance organizations such as Vice-Governor of the People's Bank of China, Director of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange, Governor of China Construction Bank, and Chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission. Zhou is associated with Jiang Zeming and the Shanghai clique of politicians.
Zhou is one of the most influential economic figures in the world and was ranked 4th by Foreign Policy in the Top 100 Global Thinkers report of December 2010.[3] In both 2011 and 2012, he was included in the 50 Most Influential ranking of Bloomberg Markets Magazine.

Zhou Xiaochuan graduated from Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology (now Beijing University of Chemical Technology) in 1975 and received a PhD degree in Automation and System Engineering from Tsinghua University in 1985.[4]
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Yoruba man is the right man! Which other group in Nigeria run banks and investments and the economy and are savvy at managing fiduciary duties? Yoruba!
Another tribalist spotted.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Pain(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

These are not the functions of a CBN governor. Managing the monetary angle of of an economy is much larger that strength of dollar a d cashless policy. Sanusi's belittled the position because of his intellectual limitations.

What is this one saying? You are just blowing hot air.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by ketoprofen(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
dejt4u: We need a yoruba man this time around

oh yes, so that CBN will go the way of john Holt, NEPA, nitel, Nigerian airways, etc

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by ketoprofen(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Anyway, let me not derail the topic
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by TeetoEsq(m): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
alaoeri: Charles Soludo - ibo
Sanusi - Hausa
Next CBN governor should be yoruba or else?
never. Its the time for an Ibibio man.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by manny4life(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
mad nigerian:

Look at it this way.

Though you're making some sense, but in not at all, no offense. Manufacturing works hand in hand with available infrastructures in place, certain elements have to be considered in manufacturing, we cannot manufacture everything. The idea should be more of exporting what we manufacture to create FOREX. As for prices go, a general rise of price in the value of goods is welcomed just not at an unstable level, however, you have to reconsider the major factor - the value of our currency. To increase value, to make the Naira acceptable, we need to create value for our local goods and service.

The question remains, if it costs N40 to print N200, and it cost the same amount to print N1,000 which is 5x the amount, assuming that piece of currency will be recirculated over and over and over again, at what price are Nigerians paying over a long period of time due to that large amount as compared to printing 5x that amount and reducing prices i.e. if general prices are directly proportional to large bills? My point is simple: either way you will incur cost, however, the impact is greater on the economy and prices at large as supposed to one way direct cost by the CBN which can be easily written off rather as operating expense. This is one reason why the cashless thing isn't really effective, but that's a topic for another day.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by cristog120: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
alaoeri: Charles Soludo - ibo
Sanusi - Hausa
Next CBN governor should be yoruba or else?

this is one of those reasons we are not meant to be under one umbrella called nigeria.tribe comes first in everything we do or say even those shouting one nigeria are hypocrites who are milking nigeria dry from their comfort zone.to your tents oh isreal come 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Suzette Wike And Her Children / Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" / Tinubu's Alpha Beta Fingered In N100 Billion Fraud (Court Documents)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.