Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7323 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Image123:

What's your source on these information?

Source? Wat you need Bible reference or wat Sorry Yoruba religion is based on oral tradition. My source is pure oral traditions from elders
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
macof:

Source? Wat you need Bible reference or wat Sorry Yoruba religion is based on oral tradition. My source is pure oral traditions from elders

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. oral tradition. Case closed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
peterphd:

nope.i was a christian by virtue of being born into a christian family.stepping out of my comfort zone as an unbeliever?we are all unbelievers of something.you just believe one thing more than i do.You discovered jesus because he was the most popular god idea around where you were raised.Someone in india or afghanistan would have discovered other gods apart from jesus.I am not holding the koran as oppostition to your claims.I am just showing you how people can make the same claims with their holy books.Only jesus can save?yeah, only he can save because only him and his book tells us to tell children that they are bad from birth so that he dosent roast them forever.Its like me creating a computer virus,forcing you to pay for it then, getting rid of it to look like a hero.I dont think i need to try Jesus.If there is a universal god, let him come down and give evidence maybe during the world cup, ucl final or olympics.let him tell the muslims to stop slaughtering us.let him tell christians to stop discriminating because they have lost power to kill us.Let god prove himself!

No, you were not a christian. you never followed Christ, and you were never born again. You never had your sins forgiven and you never repented. A non-christian is regarded as an unbeliever. An unbeliever in God and in His Word. That is my definition, so in my definition, you are an unbeliever. i did not discover Jesus because he was the most popular god idea around, in that case, everyone would be christians because Jesus is the most popular god idea around. i guess atheism is the most popular idea around you too, or it does not apply? i have christian friends in india, come to think of it. Knowing Jesus is not necessarily about popular ideas around you. Nobody can make the same claims that Jesus Christ and christianity makes. Like i showed you, true muslins cannot claim to be saved, they simply do not know. No religion or god has come to earth as a man, died and resurrected. None offers forgiveness of sin like Jesus. All their followers are forever trying to appease them, and are never free from sin and its guilt. God has proven Himself already, we are still waiting for proof of evolution.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Image123:

No, you were not a christian. you never followed Christ, and you were never born again. You never had your sins forgiven and you never repented. A non-christian is regarded as an unbeliever. An unbeliever in God and in His Word. That is my definition, so in my definition, you are an unbeliever. i did not discover Jesus because he was the most popular god idea around, in that case, everyone would be christians because Jesus is the most popular god idea around. i guess atheism is the most popular idea around you too, or it does not apply? i have christian friends in india, come to think of it. Knowing Jesus is not necessarily about popular ideas around you. Nobody can make the same claims that Jesus Christ and christianity makes. Like i showed you, true muslins cannot claim to be saved, they simply do not know. No religion or god has come to earth as a man, died and resurrected. None offers forgiveness of sin like Jesus. All their followers are forever trying to appease them, and are never free from sin and its guilt. God has proven Himself already, we are still waiting for proof of evolution.

You are not in a position to say if I'm a Christian or not just as you cannot tell a catholic he's not a Christian.You discovered Jesus because he's the one that they drummed into your ears everyday.you have Indian Christians? Well, we have asari as a Muslim in Christian ijaw land.Do NOT say Muslims are not saved because they worry for you as being in need of a saviour.Jesus isn't the only person in history to have claimed divine origin so late him prove this by appearing at the UCL final.When you say God,you do not speak of only the Christian one but of all of them even those older than the bible god.The fact that you don't wanna accept evolution doesn't mean you should claim one out of a million gods created us without evidence.Your fellow Christians are busy supporting evolution on the Noah's ark thread saying Noah took only one kind of bear and polar and grizzly bears evolved from one in just a few thousand years.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Image123:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. oral tradition. Case closed.

Since you just want to read something
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olódùmarè
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_mythology
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by scarred9jan(m): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
mazaje:

Ohh, from atheist don't do good to all humans don't do good what exactly are you on about?. . .Atheist are corrupt, care to show us how christians are less corrupt than atheist. . .

You claimed that animals know that there is a creator and you want me to prove your point for you. . .I never made any claim about animals. . .
Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript .

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

For Buffet here is a quote from. . .from Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist

“He did not subscribe to his family’s religion. Even at a young age he was too mathematical, too logical, to make the leap of faith. He adopted his father’s ethical underpinnings, but not his belief in an unseen divinity.” . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

Dude, I wonder why you are still discussing with these people.. Like seriously. Their delusion is beyond redeeming..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
macof:

Since you just want to read something
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olódùmarè
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_mythology

Oral tradition and mythology? Thats what you are presenting?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
scarred9jan:

Dude, I wonder why you are still discussing with these people.. Like seriously. Their delusion is beyond redeeming..

Are you so deluded that you could see a claim by Buffet or Gates that God does not exist? You saw that in the quote? You need to be serious.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
peterphd:

You are not in a position to say if I'm a Christian or not just as you cannot tell a catholic he's not a Christian.You discovered Jesus because he's the one that they drummed into your ears everyday.you have Indian Christians? Well, we have asari as a Muslim in Christian ijaw land.Do NOT say Muslims are not saved because they worry for you as being in need of a saviour.Jesus isn't the only person in history to have claimed divine origin so late him prove this by appearing at the UCL final.When you say God,you do not speak of only the Christian one but of all of them even those older than the bible god.The fact that you don't wanna accept evolution doesn't mean you should claim one out of a million gods created us without evidence.Your fellow Christians are busy supporting evolution on the Noah's ark thread saying Noah took only one kind of bear and polar and grizzly bears evolved from one in just a few thousand years.

You were never a christian. Jesus was drummed into your ears perhaps, hy did you not discover Him? Why did my indian friends discover Him? You do not know much about islam, beat it. Jesus does not need to prove Himself, when you are tired of the load of your sins, He'd be waiting for you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Image123:

You were never a christian. Jesus was drummed into your ears perhaps, hy did you not discover Him? Why did my indian friends discover Him? You do not know much about islam, beat it. Jesus does not need to prove Himself, when you are tired of the load of your sins, He'd be waiting for you.

Hahahahahahaha...I repeat, you cannot tell me If I was a Christian or not.The reason your Indian friends discovered him is the same reason why asari dokubo discovered Islam.I put it to you that You don't know jack shiit about Islam too.Jesus needs to prove himself the same way the Muslim must prove why I should believe in books written by cave dwelling goat herders.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Image123:

Oral tradition and mythology? Thats what you are presenting?

Your Bible started off as oral tradition

Religion and spirituality is based on mythology

Mythology is simply symbolism and allegorical

If you need more on Olodumare
Go to CMS book shop in Lagos island, ask for compiled Ifa corpus. Orunmila's explanation of Olodumare are there
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:37am On Jan 08, 2014
macof:

Your Bible started off as oral tradition

Religion and spirituality is based on mythology

Mythology is simply symbolism and allegorical

If you need more on Olodumare
Go to CMS book shop in Lagos island, ask for compiled Ifa corpus. Orunmila's explanation of Olodumare are there

Started off you say? Don't bank your life on unreliable mythology.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by scarred9jan(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Let's say there is a god(s).. The question now is he/her/it/them exclusive to only one set of people?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2014
peterphd:

Hahahahahahaha...I repeat, you cannot tell me If I was a Christian or not.The reason your Indian friends discovered him is the same reason why asari dokubo discovered Islam.I put it to you that You don't know jack shiit about Islam too.Jesus needs to prove himself the same way the Muslim must prove why I should believe in books written by cave dwelling goat herders.

There are characteristics f christians mr, you were never one. You implied that i could not have believed in God, that i only believe in God because i'm in nigeria where they tlk about Him. That is the reason i showed you the unreasonableness of your logic byt talking of christians in India. i'm not you, you goofed on your knowledge of islam on this thread, i didn't. You better believe in God, He'll forgive your sins and guilts before they ruin you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2014
scarred9jan: Let's say there is a god(s).. The question now is he/her/it/them exclusive to only one set of people?

Is He?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2014
scarred9jan: Let's say there is a god(s).. The question now is he/her/it/them exclusive to only one set of people?

No. God is for all, the issue is humans only do wat they understand

In the olden days when the world was all pagan, Our ancestors were philosophers who observed the universe and concluded on certain concepts
But as Human understanding is limited, some other civilization is liable to have a different understanding of the universe

That's why you have All kinds of Paganic spirituality which gave birth to Religion
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Image123:

There are characteristics f christians mr, you were never one. You implied that i could not have believed in God, that i only believe in God because i'm in nigeria where they tlk about Him. That is the reason i showed you the unreasonableness of your logic byt talking of christians in India. i'm not you, you goofed on your knowledge of islam on this thread, i didn't. You better believe in God, He'll forgive your sins and guilts before they ruin you.

Shut up nigga! Unfortunately, Christians don't know who a Christian is and so, we have 33,000 sects of Christianity.So anyone who thumps a bible about is basically a christian.I said you believe in the Christian god because he was drummed into your head and you lived in the predominantly Christian south of Nigeria.I have told you that you have Indian Christians the way you have ijaw Muslims (asari dokubo. Show me where I goofed about Islam (quote me).Let me tell you something you don't know.The Koran is mostly based on the old testament and any scathing attack on the OT affects both religions.This is why the church couldn't stop Islam because if they had questioned It,people would see through their own bullshit.Give my life to God? Which one? Horus, Krishna, allah, vishnu, Jesus? If its Jesus, sorry I don't give my life to dead Jewish men that probably didn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
peterphd:

Shut up nigga! Unfortunately, Christians don't know who a Christian is and so, we have 33,000 sects of Christianity.So anyone who thumps a bible about is basically a christian.I said you believe in the Christian god because he was drummed into your head and you lived in the predominantly Christian south of Nigeria.I have told you that you have Indian Christians the way you have ijaw Muslims (asari dokubo. Show me where I goofed about Islam (quote me).Let me tell you something you don't know.The Koran is mostly based on the old testament and any scathing attack on the OT affects both religions.This is why the church couldn't stop Islam because if they had questioned It,people would see through their own bullshit.Give my life to God? Which one? Horus, Krishna, allah, vishnu, Jesus? If its Jesus, sorry I don't give my life to dead Jewish men that probably didn't exist.

is there one devil possessing you? Jesus is Lord, you've goofed again on islam. Don't let your sins and the guilt be your ruin.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
peterphd:

Man you nailed it!! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
Image123:

is there one devil possessing you? Jesus is Lord, you've goofed again on islam. Don't let your sins and the guilt be your ruin.

Image i think its high time you give up and go nurse your wounds. Peter has been brutalizing you with some salient points since inception. Is it when you fall down and collapse that you will realize that you've been intellectually assaulted?

Give up bro and go home now that you still have your limb. Life is too short to take more than 1 KO
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
rudedough:

Image i think its high time you give up and go nurse your wounds. Peter has been brutalizing you with some salient points since inception. Is it when you fall down and collapse that you will realize that you've been intellectually assaulted?

Give up bro and go home now that you still have your limb. Life is too short to take more than 1 KO

Let me grace you with an answer. i think you deserve it, at least this is new year. When your friend is serious, i'll be more sserious with him, whatever that means, lol.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 21, 2014
peterphd:

Wow!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
Image123:

Started off you say? Don't bank your life on unreliable mythology.

Such a sensible statement from a stuupid fellow who does exactly what he is preaching against.

Adam and Eve
Noah
Abraham
Elijah
Jesus

All the stories revolving these characters are unreliable mythology but you foolishly believe them without a question
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Wow!
...i will take note of this your disposition!.....we are different people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Would You Dare To Remove A Charm Placed On Your Doorstep?" / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian? / Christ Restoration Bible Church International Celebrates 10th Anniversary In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.