Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7321 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

Only that no god has ever made any rule anywhere. . .All rules are made by humans. . .Some attribute it to their gods while some don't but all laws are man made. . .Gods do not make laws any where. . .By the way which god are we even talking about?. . .Zeus, Allah, Khrishna, Vishnu, Pallangon, Yahweh, Baal, Palangon, which god exactly because there are many many gods. . .
and you have a proof that all rules that guides ur being was made by ur fellow men? I guess I should compile my own rules too, and you must follow it, yes?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:
so they can be broken by pple lyk u tongue
how can it cease wen erry1 tolerates 1anoda's beliefs?
I wasn't gonna quote you but I just had to. I don't think you know what you're saying, freethinker, tolerate... these two can't go hand in hand, gerrit?. Reason you ain't a freeman even as an atheist but ofcourse you're going 2 put up a defence dat you are!.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 7:26am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: and you have a proof that all rules that guides ur being was made by ur fellow men? I guess I should compile my own rules too, and you must follow it, yes?

i repeat if you know any rule that we abide by that is not man made provide it already. . .All rules are made by men. . Rhat remains the fact. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

i repeat if you know any rule that we abide by that is not man made provide it already. . .All rules are made by men. . Rhat remains the fact. . .
you're an 'ex-christian' right? Y don't U go back 2 ur Bible and read 'em up. Now list few among the laws that you know are made by men that guides ur being or that dictates how u must live ur life.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 8:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: you're an 'ex-christian' right? Y don't U go back 2 ur Bible and read 'em up. Now list few among the laws that you know are made by men that guides ur being or that dictates how u must live ur life.

All the laws written in the bible were written by men, just that the writers attributed it to god. . .Nothing more, read the egyptian book of the dead, it was written long before the bible was written and contains part of the ten commandements, even the golden rule was talked about by Confucius very long before it was written down in the bible. . .All laws are made by men. . .No god makes any laws. . .Read all the religious books, koran, verders, book of the dead etc. . .Human beings wrote them all and attributed them to their various gods just to keep people in line. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: I don't think you know what you're saying, freethinker, tolerate... these two can't go hand in hand, gerrit?. Reason you ain't a freeman even as an atheist
Im not an atheist & Im nt sure u know wat free thinking entails!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

i repeat if you know any rule that we abide by that is not man made provide it already. . .All rules are made by men. .
What abt universal laws of cause and effects? law of nemesis? c'mon some laws are just natural!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje: Pls why do Nigerians get angry when you tell them you do not believe in god?. . .WHY?. . .

A fallacy of hasty generalisation. Anyways, it should be because such a person finds it particularly distressing to imagine that any human would be so foolish as to doubt the existence of a Creator.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2013
Image123:

A fallacy of hasty generalisation. Anyways, it should be because such a person finds it particularly distressing to imagine that any human would be so foolish as to doubt the existence of a Creator.
bless ur soul, same point av been tryn 2 proof.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:
Im not an atheist & Im nt sure u know wat free thinking entails!
no sire, it's you dat don't really know what free thinking means. If you do, you'ld know that you're not really living a freeman.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by SIRANDREWS: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Firstly, when you people start telling people how to live their lives, when you start saying abortion is wrong, homosexuality is wrong etc (and not just saying its wrong but trying to enforce such values on others) because it contradicts your religious view, we have to attack those religious views to enable you see things from a broader perspective.

Secondly, take a look at the recently passed gay bill that stipulates a punishment of 14 years for any homosexual. This is a law that mainly stems from religious and cultural bias. How can we keep quiet when such injustice is being done to people because of what they consent to do in the private which concerns and affects no one?

We need more religiously unbiased and freeminded people at the helm of affairs of this nation.

It begins from somewhere. Nairaland and other online forums is a good place to start.
correct!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: no sire, it's you dat don't really know what free thinking means. If you do, you'ld know that you're not really living a freeman.
Whose theory of free thinking assured u dat you'd end up a 'freeman' if u embrace it?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: no sire, it's you dat don't really know what free thinking means.
Can yu help me out wit any simple definition so i'd can prolly understand your point of view here?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:
Whose theory of free thinking assured u dat you'd end up a 'freeman' if u embrace it?
lol U just won't get it. Am tryn 2 xplain 2 u that there's no such thing as 'freethinking'.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:
Can yu help me out wit any simple definition so i'd can prolly understand your point of view here?
no!, there are many context. which one really is your defination of 'freethinking'?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:
What abt universal laws of cause and effects? law of nemesis? c'mon some laws are just natural!
if you don't believe in creation how would believe that all this laws were made so by Him. Things were made to happen the way they happen, that why they happen dammit!. Say, a tv was programmed to display whenever you press a key on the remote controller, now who should we attribute the display ability 2? The remote? The Tv?, or the Programmer?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by MrTroll(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: so you think you're free thinker now? Even as an atheist?
lol. Who is a free thinker? And how is it a bad thing?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: I'm telling you, 80% of atheist attack xtianity more than other religions. Outta this forum it's the same

True because only Christians will leave their houses, come to yours and ask you to worship their Jesus or go to hell fire. Like seriously? I've been living here since 20+ years and i haven't smelt the burning flesh from all the people who have died and gone to hell. grin grin

If truly earth was real, at least sometimes we should perceive the smell of burning flesh or witness a hazy atmosphere from the smoke of over-burnt flesh in hell. grin grin

At least that would be more realistic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Image123:

And this creator is Jewish and wants money even when he's not the oldest god in world history?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

[b]True because only Christians will leave their houses, come to yours and ask you to worship their Jesus or go to hell fire. Like seriously? I've been living here since 20+ years and i haven't smelt the burning flesh from all the people who have died and gone to hell. grin grin

If truly earth was real, at least sometimes we should perceive the smell of burning flesh or witness a hazy atmosphere from the smoke of over-burnt flesh in hell. grin grin

At least that would be more realistic.[/b]
but we are not d ones threatning 2 slit ur throat or come 2 ur doorstep wit bombs in our pants threatning 2 blow ur atheist-arss 2 smittering unless u accept our God... C'mon. I've said it b4, left 4 some xtrians u guyz can idolize ur balls 4 all we care... D tin is just dat no man will we watch you deface what he holds dear and kip quiet. D rest of ur post stink of stupidity. #shalom
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: but we are not d ones threatning 2 slit ur throat or come 2 ur doorstep wit bombs in our pants threatning 2 blow ur atheist-arss 2 smittering unless u accept our God... C'mon. I've said it b4, left 4 some xtrians u guyz can idolize ur balls 4 all we care... D tin is just dat no man will we watch you deface what he holds dear and kip quiet. D rest of ur post stink of stupidity. #shalom

How about you Christians sit your nosy a$$es in your houses while the Muslims sit their own a$$es too in their houses and let Atheists live in peace in their own houses?

Wouldn't that be peaceful?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

How about you Christians sit your nosy a$$es in your houses while the Muslims sit their own a$$es too in their houses and let Atheists live in peace in their own houses?

Wouldn't that be peaceful?
the same thing have been suggesting since, you lot are the ones that always go out there 2 look 4 trouble. Calling other pple's God name's... tell me u won't get mad @me if I say anyshit 'bout ur mum.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Redlyn: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: I'm telling you, 80% of atheist attack xtianity more than other religions. Outta this forum it's the same

I attack theism as a whole and I have far more contempt for Islam but as an ex-christian I can debate specific verses in Christianity and I understand the whole belief more.
X moslems are probably dead or in hiding undecided
But they are out there and the popular prominent Atheists attack Islam more.

How come Islam section has been quarantined.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Image123:

Yeah a foolish creator god that you can't prove its existence , right?. . .Hope you know that according to men are their silly superstitious beliefs there are many creator gods. . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Redlyn:

I attack theism as a whole and I have far more contempt for Islam but as an ex-christian I can debate specific verses in Christianity and I understand the whole belief more.
X moslems are probably dead or in hiding undecided
But they are out there and the popular prominent Atheists attack Islam more.

How come Islam section has been quarantined.
I dare you 2 bring up any religion bashing thread on NL alone and let c which religion dey attack. Islam section was quarantined but you can have a field day bashing xtianity and everybody feels good about it. Then do me lil favour, open google search and type in 'atheist pics' select any link of ur choice and then come back here 2 proof ur point.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello:

Am talking of moral laws that all humans chose to abide by. . ..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
A lot of y'all don't even know what u're saying. Somethings are not meant 2 be known and that's y dey stay mysteries!... Humans are the most rebellious set of creation on the face of earth, you think if you know a bit 'bout all these things the world would still be what it is 2day? Even the devil thinks he deserve more just with the lil opportunity he had how much more humans. And ur scientist that u so much belief in 'coz they provide proof' always have there own glitches, once they believed dat the the galaxies and stars around us are coming closer, but now after decades some have come up with proofs that infact these stars and other are moving away from our galaxy at a very alarming speed... Image looking up one nyt and not seeing any star again(4ever gone) now this is wat has been taught 2 millions of physics students decades ago. What makes you think one day another random scientist won't spring up and come and counter the law of gravity? Now they're are even saying again that it's no more a single universe that there're other universe out there lolgrin 'MULTIVERSE'. I grew up believing there's a universe even taught in physics.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: A lot of y'all don't even know what u're saying. Somethings are not meant 2 be known and that's y dey stay mysteries!... Humans are the most rebellious set of creation on the face of earth, you think if you know a bit 'bout all these things the world would still be what it is 2day? Even the devil thinks he deserve more just with the lil opportunity he had how much more humans. And ur scientist that u so much belief in 'coz they provide proof' always have there own glitches, once they believed dat the the galaxies and stars around us are coming closer, but now after decades some have come up with proofs that infact these stars and other are moving away from our galaxy at a very alarming speed... Image looking up one nyt and not seeing any star again(4ever gone) now this is wat has been taught 2 millions of physics students decades ago. What makes you think one day another random scientist won't spring up and come and counter the law of gravity? Now they're are even saying it again a universe anymore other universe out there lolgrin 'MULTIVERSE'. I grew up believing there's a universe even taught in physics.

What is all these puerile gibberish?. . .Devil?. . .Have you seen the devil before or are you just regurgitating one of the mythical nonsense you have been indoctrinated with?. . .Pls describe the devil to us so that we will know it when we see or come in contact with it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Redlyn: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: I dare you 2 bring up any religion bashing thread on NL alone and let c which religion dey attack. Islam section was quarantined but you can have a field day bashing xtianity and everybody feels good about it. Then do me lil favour, open google search and type in 'atheist pics' select any link of ur choice and then come back here 2 proof ur point.

Are you ok. you seem very angry. Not trying to prove any point just stating my opinion. Cheers
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

What is all these puerile gibberish?. . .Devil?. . .Have you seen the devil before or are you just regurgitating one of the mythical nonsense you have been indoctrinated with?. . .Pls describe the devil to us so that we will know it when we see or come in contact with it
you are all gullible, go out there and learn, stop doing things cuz others are doing. As a normal human being wit no knowledge of physics and all that would you believe if I told you that beyond the light that is visible 2 ur eye there is infra-red and ultraviolet does that make them void or invalid. Arrongance won't let you know that there's actually more 2 life than what u can see, touch or feel. Am outta here #peacez
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mmsen: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
I've found that there are a number of very odd beliefs amongst Nigerians that they will happily bring to the fore - such as a belief in witches and withcraft.

That's not to say that other nationalities don't hold peculiar beliefs but because of the Nigerian need to be overly brazen and needlessly loud it comes across as even more foolish.

The other thing I would add as pertaining religion (Christianity in particular) and Nigerians is that if you were to look at what Nigerians believed prior to the incursion of European missionaries and what they claim to believe today not a great deal has changed. They simply replaced the myths of one backwards peoples for another.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

you are all gullible, go out there and learn, stop doing things cuz others are doing. As a normal human being wit no knowledge of physics and all that, would you believe if I told you that beyond the light that is visible 2 ur eye there is infra-red and ultraviolet rays dat are not visible 2 ur eyes, does the fact that u can't cee them make them void or invalid. Arrogance won't let you know that there's actually more 2 life than what u can see, touch or feel. Am outta here #peacez

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / "Would You Dare To Remove A Charm Placed On Your Doorstep?" / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.