Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7324 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
These Christians don't know they sound funny all the time. God created the earth right?

So who created the 12 other planets?

Mercury
Venus
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto
Herschel
Ceres
Haumea
Makemake and
Eris.

It's funny how the bible didn't mention other planets "God created". This goes to show / proof that the character "God" is an occastration of a man's delusion. And whatever was written on that book was inspired by a story teller and not inspired by any God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
peterphd:

Good! Muslims don't know if they're saved.how about Buddhists and other religious people?The older language folks had gods that could perform the same alleged tricks as your god so why should I believe you if an Egyptian can do a stick-serpent jig which is yahweh's trump card?

Oh, so we'd have to discuss each of the world's religions or something, i dont do gossip and i don't have such time. Hopefully, we are thoroughly clear on the OP. Why don' t we discuss just atheist and christianity, your religion and mine, instead from moving about frm islam to shintoism to hindu? My God is the One who was, and is and is to come. He is the Almighty, not in the museum.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Redlyn: 1:20am On Jan 01, 2014
God didn't have to create us.
He chose to create us in such a manner that would permit some of us to be tormented forever in hell.
I cannot accept a god that would do that. How can this be good and just.
I instead should be the one who is offended that some people believe this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 7:59am On Jan 01, 2014
Image123:

Oh, so we'd have to discuss each of the world's religions or something, i dont do gossip and i don't have such time. Hopefully, we are thoroughly clear on the OP. Why don' t we discuss just atheist and christianity, your religion and mine, instead from moving about frm islam to shintoism to hindu? My God is the One who was, and is and is to come. He is the Almighty, not in the museum.

Image, don't run away under the guise of "I don't do gossip".Christianity is not the only religion that claims to be the way so you must tell me how you handle competition.Take it as the "why should I hire you?" question.

PS: I see you have evaded the subject of the Egyptian gods being as powerful as your god.please address this and pleeeeeease, atheism is NOT a religion.Happy new year
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Image123:

And what if he is into all religions? grin
You'd better inquire from HS all the questions he asks you

Since your God is all that, address other Gods in other religions that Peter is asking you. Here let me bring more: How about the Igbo God Chukwu?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2014
Redlyn: God didn't have to create us.
He chose to create us in such a manner that would permit some of us to be tormented forever in hell.
I cannot accept a god that would do that. How can this be good and just.
I instead should be the one who is offended that some people believe this.

If you understand what a soul is you won't even believe in hell. Because it doesn't make sense
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
peterphd:

Image, don't run away under the guise of "I don't do gossip".Christianity is not the only religion that claims to be the way so you must tell me how you handle competition.Take it as the "why should I hire you?" question.

PS: I see you have evaded the subject of the Egyptian gods being as powerful as your god.please address this and pleeeeeease, atheism is NOT a religion.Happy new year

See, it appears you have no real grasp of the religions you are putting up, that's why i do not want us to waste time unnecessarily. i showed that with the muslim case brought up. You could say little or nothing for the muslins. After have spent time showing you in a little way the difference and superiority, you want us to mve to christianity vs buddhism. After that, maybe some other reliigion, and on and on.
i've dealt with the OP and my job on the thread seems done. I'm not interested in discussing all the world religions. If you want comparism, lets stick with yours and mine, atheism and christianity, that's more logical. Than endless talk about each of the hundreds of religion on earth. i showed you God is not in the musuem unlike the so called egypt gods whom i doubt that you even know the name(s). If you sanely read the account of the serpents, you would not be asking who is more powerful.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
@macof

You want to discuss probabilities or facts?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
Image123:

See, it appears you have no real grasp of the religions you are putting up, that's why i do not want us to waste time unnecessarily. i showed that with the muslim case brought up. You could say little or nothing for the muslins. After have spent time showing you in a little way the difference and superiority, you want us to mve to christianity vs buddhism. After that, maybe some other reliigion, and on and on.
i've dealt with the OP and my job on the thread seems done. I'm not interested in discussing all the world religions. If you want comparism, lets stick with yours and mine, atheism and christianity, that's more logical. Than endless talk about each of the hundreds of religion on earth. i showed you God is not in the musuem unlike the so called egypt gods whom i doubt that you even know the name(s). If you sanely read the account of the serpents, you would not be asking who is more powerful.

Accounts of the serpents in religious story books?. . .You have just shown that your god exists only on the pages of religious story books and not in reality. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
Image123:

Guy abeg don't dodge the "why should I hire you?" part. I simply mean why should I believe you over the other religious preachers?By accepting that the Egyptians had gods you realise that this means the god concept is created by tribesmen so your god is a creation of Jewish tribesmen.If Egyptian gods being in the museums is a case for Christianity, I must remind you that Christianity is pretty much not effective and dead ( if it ever lived) in Scandinavian Europe and the far east respectively.All the atheism vs theism arguments have been flogged for ages.If you want to debate Christianity vs atheism, I'm ready.

Ps: I don't know how to quote point by point and please....do not dodge the part where I asked why I should pick yahweh over the millions of Gods and gods out there.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
@image

You will notice I ignored where you insulted me by questioning my sanity.Do not try this again unless you don't have evidence for your god and you need to .... The fact that Egyptian gods could do these things also gives credibility to expressing doubt about yahweh being true.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:00am On Jan 02, 2014
mazaje:

Accounts of the serpents in religious story books?. . .You have just shown that your god exists only on the pages of religious story books and not in reality. . .

You should be addressing peterphd. He's the one that has being going on and on about snakes and serpents, saying i'm dodging it/him.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2014
peterphd: @image

You will notice I ignored where you insulted me by questioning my sanity.Do not try this again unless you don't have evidence for your god and you need to .... The fact that Egyptian gods could do these things also gives credibility to expressing doubt about yahweh being true.

Exodus 7:10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent. 7:11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. 7:12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

Read the passage sanely i plead.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:23am On Jan 02, 2014
peterphd:

Guy abeg don't dodge the "why should I hire you?" part. I simply mean why should I believe you over the other religious preachers?By accepting that the Egyptians had gods you realise that this means the god concept is created by tribesmen so your god is a creation of Jewish tribesmen.If Egyptian gods being in the museums is a case for Christianity, I must remind you that Christianity is pretty much not effective and dead ( if it ever lived) in Scandinavian Europe and the far east respectively.All the atheism vs theism arguments have been flogged for ages.If you want to debate Christianity vs atheism, I'm ready.

Ps: I don't know how to quote point by point and please....do not dodge the part where I asked why I should pick yahweh over the millions of Gods and gods out there.

You also insult me when you say i'm dodging you na. BTW, you can quote point by point by copying and pasting the point, then highlight the pasted point and click quote.
So, you want to hire me abi na God. i don suffer. To hire us na to repent bi that. You have to repent, confess your sins, pray etc. Anyways, God is greater than gods for many reasons. One is His eternity. He is not in the museum. He has not left humanity without a witness. Two is His book, the Bible, easily the greatest book and most influential book on earth, stunning contents anyday. Third is His salvation, the ability to forgive sins and set the sinner free. He even died to set you free.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2014
image what happens to the Igbo and Yoruba pagan Supreme God chukwu and Olodumare respectively? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ image

You still haven't answered the question of why your god is real and the other millions aren't.I saw the part where moses' snake ate the Egyptian guy's own.Have you tested the entire religions in the world to know if they are true? For the fact that an Egyptian can replicate the snake trick,it means your god isn't the real and thus, we atheists can only accept that your god is real as Everyman accepts that his buddy's wife is the best woman for him. If you don't get this one, then....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
grin O no! this thread won't end, lost souls... emi ati yin ko lodun yi mon, am out!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 3:18am On Jan 03, 2014
macof: image what happens to the Igbo and Yoruba pagan Supreme God chukwu and Olodumare respectively? grin

Ignorance is a problem, your religion cannot solve it. Get wisdom.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 3:21am On Jan 03, 2014
peterphd: @ image

You still haven't answered the question of why your god is real and the other millions aren't.I saw the part where moses' snake ate the Egyptian guy's own.Have you tested the entire religions in the world to know if they are true? For the fact that an Egyptian can replicate the snake trick,it means your god isn't the real and thus, we atheists can only accept that your god is real as Everyman accepts that his buddy's wife is the best woman for him. If you don't get this one, then....

Re-read, i already gave three reasons. Do you go about testing all the counterfeits when you find the original?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 9:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

Re-read, i already gave three reasons. Do you go about testing all the counterfeits when you find the original?

How do you know it is original? Others also claim they have the original god.why don't you religionists hold a mount Carmel-esque contest afterall your gods are true and shouldn't be afraid of competition.You do not know if something is original till you've seen fakes...have you ever been a pagan or Muslim for a day?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Ghost01(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2014
Mass ignorance is not a trivial issue o. Most of our religious bigots will rather love a skydaddy (an illusion by the way) than show love to their fellow human being who doesn't share in their delusions. When I look back at all the times I adhered to religious beliefs and blind doctrines, I'm usually like "what was I thinking!?" The number of non-believers in our midst keeps growing sha, and it's a most positive development. One love!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Ghost01: Mass ignorance is not a trivial issue o. Most of our religious bigots will rather love a skydaddy (an illusion by the way) than show love to their fellow human being who doesn't share in their delusions. When I look back at all the times I adhered to religious beliefs and blind doctrines, I'm usually like "what was I thinking!?" The number of non-believers in our midst keeps growing sha, and it's a most positive development. One love!

Not only you man. When i remember my religious life, the struggle to kill the devil.. grin grin i start laughing at myself.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
peterphd:

How do you know it is original? Others also claim they have the original god.why don't you religionists hold a mount Carmel-esque contest afterall your gods are true and shouldn't be afraid of competition.You do not know if something is original till you've seen fakes...have you ever been a pagan or Muslim for a day?

i was once a sinner pete, i know the difference. Jesus gives the answer to all the fundamental questions of life. Have you tried Him?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

Ignorance is a problem, your religion cannot solve it. Get wisdom.

grin grin pls answer my questions
If Yahweh is the true God and Jesus is his only son and heir to the thronegrin what's your take on Olodumare that has numerous children?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
macof:

grin grin pls answer my questions
If Yahweh is the true God and Jesus is his only son and heir to the thronegrin what's your take on Olodumare that has numerous children?

You are always displaying your ignorance of Scriptures, and other matters. Jehovah is Chukwu and Olodumare. Jesus is not His only son. What throne are you talking of? God has numerous children. Ever heard the phrase "children of God"?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

i was once a sinner pete, i know the difference. Jesus gives the answer to all the fundamental questions of life. Have you tried Him?

Even followers of other religions can say they've been sinners.Vishnu, Muhammed, alusi to can be said to have the answers of life.Have you ever taken a day to assume nothing and just ask yourself why you see folly in the over a million religions in the world but not in yours? Have you stepped out of your comfort zone ( your household religion) to try at least 3 other religions? Guy consider the odds of a single religion being true and tell me why I should believe any religion.

Yes, I have tried Jesus.I was born into a Christian family.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by macof(m): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

You are always displaying your ignorance of Scriptures, and other matters. Jehovah is Chukwu and Olodumare. Jesus is not His only son. What throne are you talking of? God has numerous children. Ever heard the phrase "children of God"?

Lmao grin Christians always claiming our Great supreme God as their own

Olodumare is not Jehovah...here's some basic difference
Olodumare
1. Has 400 children who are Gods like him but on a lower level than their father in the pantheon

2. doesn't interact directly with humans

3. Doesn't take sacrifice

4. Has 2 other manifestations- Olorun and Olofin

Jehovah/Yahweh
1. Has one Jewish child

2. Can interact directly with humans

3. Takes sacrifice and enjoys burnt offering

4. Has 3 manifestation- himself, his son and his messenger spirit

Now how can they be the same God?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
peterphd:

Even followers of other religions can say they've been sinners.Vishnu, Muhammed, alusi to can be said to have the answers of life.Have you ever taken a day to assume nothing and just ask yourself why you see folly in the over a million religions in the world but not in yours? Have you stepped out of your comfort zone ( your household religion) to try at least 3 other religions? Guy consider the odds of a single religion being true and tell me why I should believe any religion.

Yes, I have tried Jesus.I was born into a Christian family.

i'm not assuming things, i know what i was and what i am. i am what i am through the grace of God. i'm okay with the answers i've got. i've also seen people from various religions who found answers in God that are not in their religions. You don't have to taste poison to conirm its danger, do you? Have you ever realised that you were a sinner and then repented of your sins and served God?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
macof:

Lmao grin Christians always claiming our Great supreme God as their own

Olodumare is not Jehovah...here's some basic difference
Olodumare
1. Has 400 children who are Gods like him but on a lower level than their father in the pantheon

2. doesn't interact directly with humans

3. Doesn't take sacrifice

4. Has 2 other manifestations- Olorun and Olofin

Jehovah/Yahweh
1. Has one Jewish child

2. Can interact directly with humans

3. Takes sacrifice and enjoys burnt offering

4. Has 3 manifestation- himself, his son and his messenger spirit

Now how can they be the same God?

What's your source on these information?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 10:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

i'm not assuming things, i know what i was and what i am. i am what i am through the grace of God. i'm okay with the answers i've got. i've also seen people from various religions who found answers in God that are not in their religions. You don't have to taste poison to conirm its danger, do you? Have you ever realised that you were a sinner and then repented of your sins and served God?

you see,you aren't willing to step out of your comfort zone and try other things.The poison analogy fails here.If you see other religions as poison,what makes you think they dont want to hold on to the hope and security their own provides and to see yors as poison too?I have never thought of myself as a sinner because i rejected the doctrine of original sin even from a young age.let me ask you...don't you think you are a sinner according to the koran for not submitting to allah?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
peterphd:

you see,you aren't willing to step out of your comfort zone and try other things.The poison analogy fails here.If you see other religions as poison,what makes you think they dont want to hold on to the hope and security their own provides and to see yors as poison too?I have never thought of myself as a sinner because i rejected the doctrine of original sin even from a young age.let me ask you...don't you think you are a sinner according to the koran for not submitting to allah?

So never say that you were a christian, those are the thins it takes to be a christian. You've never stepped out of your comfort zone as an unbeliever. i was once a sinner, but i found all that i needed in Jesus. Again, leave koran alone and let's face ourselves na. No other god saves like Jesus, this is common knowledge, this is the word on the street. i have tried other things, only Jesus can save. When will you come out of your comfort zone and really try Him?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

So never say that you were a christian, those are the thins it takes to be a christian. You've never stepped out of your comfort zone as an unbeliever. i was once a sinner, but i found all that i needed in Jesus. Again, leave koran alone and let's face ourselves na. No other god saves like Jesus, this is common knowledge, this is the word on the street.[b] i have tried other things, only Jesus can save. [/b]When will you come out of your comfort zone and really try Him?

nope.i was a christian by virtue of being born into a christian family.stepping out of my comfort zone as an unbeliever?we are all unbelievers of something.you just believe one thing more than i do.You discovered jesus because he was the most popular god idea around where you were raised.Someone in india or afghanistan would have discovered other gods apart from jesus.I am not holding the koran as oppostition to your claims.I am just showing you how people can make the same claims with their holy books.Only jesus can save?yeah, only he can save because only him and his book tells us to tell children that they are bad from birth so that he dosent roast them forever.Its like me creating a computer virus,forcing you to pay for it then, getting rid of it to look like a hero.I dont think i need to try Jesus.If there is a universal god, let him come down and give evidence maybe during the world cup, ucl final or olympics.let him tell the muslims to stop slaughtering us.let him tell christians to stop discriminating because they have lost power to kill us.Let god prove himself!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christ Restoration Bible Church International Celebrates 10th Anniversary In FCT / A Letter To Atheists In Pics / Tithe And Offering Unbiased - Pastor Bankie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.