Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7322 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by weedtaker: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Because they want you to know that they are truly worshiping God and not that native doctor that you think they are worshiping. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by cyrexx: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
cyrexx:

Frustration?

Where did you get that from?
Most atheists are living better lives than most of you religious folks who are either busing praying everyday against imaginary demons of anti-success and commanding your imaginary enemies to fall down and die, but unfortunately those imaginary demons keep resurrecting and tormenting you people. Lol.

We are free from those mind games being played on religious minds.

So where is frustration you're talking about?

still, what I hate is generalization, all atheist lives a better life? Chances are an atheist tends 2 commit suicide more than a religious person... At least dat 'mind game' help keep us in check. #peace
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

That's cos like someone told you, we are mostly ex christians. You can't attack what you don't know.

Islam has a way of enslaving its adherents in fear that makes it very difficult to reject the faith.

Anytime I see a muslim who dumps islam, I doff my hat for him or her cos I know how difficult it is
alryt got ur point. Now why do you guys always find it difficult 2 let the religious pple be?, you don't believe in God... fyn, must you attack them esp. xtrianity? Must you always say something bad about their God just 2 arouse their anger? Does it make you feel good? You derive fun in it? Or is it just dat the frustration is still there hanging somewhere, looking for every opportunity 2 unleash it terror on the people of God?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
weed-taker:
Because they want you to know that they are truly worshiping God and not that native doctor that you think they are worshiping. grin
dayuuuum, the power of weed tho! shaking my God given head.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: alryt got ur point. Now why do you guys always find it difficult 2 let the religious pple be?, you don't believe in God... fyn, must you attack them esp. xtrianity? Must you always say something bad about their God just 2 arouse their anger? Does it make you feel good? You derive fun in it? Or is it just dat the frustration is still there hanging somewhere, looking for every opportunity 2 unleash it terror on the people of God?.

Firstly, when you people start telling people how to live their lives, when you start saying abortion is wrong, homosexuality is wrong etc (and not just saying its wrong but trying to enforce such values on others) because it contradicts your religious view, we have to attack those religious views to enable you see things from a broader perspective.

Secondly, take a look at the recently passed gay bill that stipulates a punishment of 14 years for any homosexual. This is a law that mainly stems from religious and cultural bias. How can we keep quiet when such injustice is being done to people because of what they consent to do in the private which concerns and affects no one?

We need more religiously unbiased and freeminded people at the helm of affairs of this nation.

It begins from somewhere. Nairaland and other online forums is a good place to start.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Firstly, when you people start telling people how to live their lives, when you start saying abortion is wrong, homosexuality is wrong etc (and not just saying its wrong but trying to enforce such values on others) because it contradicts your religious view, we have to attack those religious views to enable you see things from a broader perspective.

Secondly, take a look at the recently passed gay bill that stipulates a punishment of 14 years for any homosexual. This is a law that mainly stems from religious and cultural bias. How can we keep quiet when such injustice is being done to people because of what they consent to do in the private which concerns and affects no one?

We need more religiously unbiased and freeminded people at the helm of affairs of this nation.

It begins from somewhere. Nairaland and other online forums is a good place to start.
enforced you say?, if 1/4 of these things are enforced you think you'll still be who you are now... Ofcourse there's freewill, reason why a xtrian won't force xtianity down ur throat(that is not thesame 4 a particular religion). @homosexuallity, even a sango worshipper will frown at that one. It has a lot 2 do wit morality than wit religion. Lemme ask you this question, can you hold down a human and slit his throat?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: enforced you say?, if 1/4 of these things are enforced you think you'll still be who you are now... Ofcourse there's freewill, reason why a xtrian won't force xtianity down ur throat(that is not thesame 4 a particular religion). @homosexuallity, even a sango worshipper will frown at that one. It has a lot 2 do wit morality than wit religion. Lemme ask you this question, can you hold down a human and slit his throat?

Maybe you start by showing why homosexuality is morally wrong and how it affects you when two consenting adults choose to be homosexuals.

As for your question. NO
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
cyrexx: .
I don't feel anything about it, I could careless about it existence, but I don't go about attacking it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Alexk2(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote
author=aManFromMars]
Why would you pity us? What exactly are we missing out on by not
believing in God or a skydaddy? Is there some kind of slumber party for
the believers that we aren't privileged to attend? grin

and the intelligent design behind floods and earth quakes...

and harsh weather....

including the ones that are poisonous to man...

Maybe there was a God. Clearly he wasn't intelligent.

The God that says in heart 'there's no other God' is the greater fool -
Logicboy01(Nl, 2013)TM[/quote]

u only end up joking about those serious point i raised.
u'll be beta of if u think well abt it ol, bro.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Maybe you start by showing why homosexuality is morally wrong and how it affects you when two consenting adults choose to be homosexuals.

As for your question. NO
you don't believe in creation, granted. Biologically, why do you think there're two different sex's, if 'nature' want homosexuality, why bother itself with 2 diff. sex's?.

@your answer, but you can justify abortion? Yes?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by dareabiola98(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Like a famous Scientis once said..Little knowledge of science makes one an atheist but deep knowledge makes you a believer.I'll leave you with a piece:
Going by ur belief that everything happened by chance...I hope u've heard of the Owl Butterflies,this butterflies actually have the eyes of owl drawn on their wings and it uses this to scare away its predators who are mostly afraid of owlsFrom this piece..I ask?
1.How does the butterflie in its larva...without having knowledge of the world it was coming possibly know that...there are animals that can eat it and these animals are scared of owls?
2. These butterflies never met an owl,yet they have the diagram right on their wings...perfectly
3.By your definitions of things coming about by chance..will u tell me that these butterflies drew the owl's eye on its wings.....Peace!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by UyiIredia(m): 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Not all hope is lost. When I consider popular persons like Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin and Seun Kuti who are all atheists, the last two being open about it. Then there is a chance that one can be open about his atheism in Nigeria. You just have to be smart about it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by UyiIredia(m): 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Not all hope is lost. When I consider popular persons like Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin and Seun Kuti who are all atheists, the last two being open about it. Then there is a chance that one can be open about his/her atheism in Nigeria. You just have to be smart about it.

As an aside, I tire say atheists or deist girls scarce, for obvious reasons. She dem dey fear say dem no go find husband ni ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
dareabiola98: Like a famous Scientis once said..Little knowledge of science makes one an atheist but deep knowledge makes you a believer.I'll leave you with a piece:
Going by ur belief that everything happened by chance...I hope u've heard of the Owl Butterflies,this butterflies actually have the eyes of owl drawn on their wings and it uses this to scare away its predators who are mostly afraid of owlsFrom this piece..I ask?
1.How does the butterflie in its larva...without having knowledge of the world it was coming possibly know that...there are animals that can eat it and these animals are scared of owls?
2. These butterflies never met an owl,yet they have the diagram right on their wings...perfectly
3.By your definitions of things coming about by chance..will u tell me that these butterflies drew the owl's eye on its wings.....Peace!!!
lol they're just confused bunch, i don't expect 'em to answer this. Even einstein believed in God.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
most of them know quite well that evil really exist, most have ceen it @ work, now y would a sane human acknowledge something and detest the other just to suit his own feelings... That 2 me is pure insanity.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Not all hope is lost. When I consider popular persons like Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin and Seun Kuti who are all atheists, the last two being open about it. Then there is a chance that one can be open about his atheism in Nigeria. You just have to be smart about it.
rumor has it that this same Soyinka brough cultism 2 nigeria Universities... Do you have any idea the damage this thing has caused in and out of schools?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
The day erryone becomes a cheerful freethinker,then will our world know peace!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mzsolex: rumor has it that this same Soyinka brough cultism 2 nigeria Universities... Do you have any idea the damage this thing has caused in and out of schools?
He actually did but in a diff context and for a diff purpose
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
lana_Vello:
He actually did but in a diff context and for a diff purpose
and how did it turn out now?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 29, 2013
lana_Vello: The day erryone becomes a cheerful freethinker,then will our world know peace!
the day everyone becomes a cheerful freethinker is the day the world cease 2 exist, tell me, why do you think rules are made?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2013
dareabiola98: Like a famous Scientis once said..Little knowledge of science makes one an atheist but deep knowledge makes you a believer.I'll leave you with a piece:

Name one atheist here on nairaland that claims things happen by chance?. . . .So the owl buterfly is your evidence that your god is real?. . .What if I say that it was created by the hindu goddess shiva?. . .How will you disprove it?. . .You are a joke my friend. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: the day everyone becomes a cheerful freethinker is the day the world cease 2 exist, tell me, why do you think rules are made?

ALL rules are made by men so that the society will be less chaotic. . .If you know any other being that makes rules beside men then point to it so that we know you have an idea of what you are saying. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2013
There's a one true God. Each time you look into the sky, you see His smiling face. He's called The Smiling Skeleton[TSS]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:

ALL rules are made by men so that the society will be less chaotic. . .If you know any other being that makes rules beside men then point to it so that we know you have an idea of what you are saying. . .
if a human can make a rule to kip u in check, what makes u tink a God can't make a rule to kip is creation in check. I don't have 2 point 2 anything 2 proof my point afterall u don't believe in Godgrin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: if a human can make a rule to kip u in check, what makes u tink a God can't make a rule to kip is creation in check. I don't have 2 point 2 anything 2 proof my point afterall u don't believe in Godgrin

Only that no god has ever made any rule anywhere. . .All rules are made by humans. . .Some attribute it to their gods while some don't but all laws are man made. . .Gods do not make laws any where. . .By the way which god are we even talking about?. . .Zeus, Allah, Khrishna, Vishnu, Pallangon, Yahweh, Baal, Palangon, which god exactly because there are many many gods. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2013
noetic16:

why do u have to tell them that you dont believe in God? but how come your position has not changed all these time? Have you considered going for deliverance at MFM from the spirit of the anti-Christ?

I will consider it when you also consider going to the central mosque to be delivered of the spirit of anti islam. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 12:40am On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: the day everyone becomes a cheerful freethinker is the day the world cease 2 exist, tell me, why do you think rules are made?
so they can be broken by pple lyk u tongue
how can it cease wen erry1 tolerates 1anoda's beliefs?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 12:43am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje:
So the owl buterfly is your evidence that your god is real?. . .What if I say that it was created by the hindu goddess shiva?. . .How will you disprove it?
The day you say that is the day you cease to be an atheist nau
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by lanaVello1(m): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2013
mazaje: If you know any other being that makes rules beside men then point to it so that we know you have an idea of what you are saying. . .
Ever heard of karma before? grin
betterstill mother nature?!?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by MrTroll(m): 3:26am On Dec 29, 2013
so being a free thinker is bad?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 29, 2013
Mr Troll: so being a free thinker is bad?
so you think you're free thinker now? Even as an atheist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / "Would You Dare To Remove A Charm Placed On Your Doorstep?" / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.