Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

At A Crossroad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At A Crossroad (2719 Views)

In a crossroad:Tell Her What To Do / Post Taken Down / I Am At A Crossroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At A Crossroad by buttercream: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
My fiancé and I have been together for over a year, and I love him so much. In my opinion, he's everything I could ever ask for. He always insists on our not carrying over a misunderstanding to the following day...believes we should always resolve our problems asap. When he's mad, he tends to go into "long talks" and I get tired cos I'm not the talkative type, and hate when people keep going on and on. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good listener, but there are some kinds of talks I'm just not up for.
I'm the kind of girl that doesn't talk much...the laid back type. In fact, several people have mistaken my quiet attitude for pride in the past, some still think I'm proud till date.
I'd complained about these talks of his, but that's the only way he can get things off his mind, and always says the moment we have a misunderstanding and he doesn't "talk" about it, I should be worried.
Earlier this week, he got mad at me because I stayed for a couple of hours without checking up on him, but in my opinion, I felt that shouldn't be an issue as I believe one can't keep talking to one's partner every second of the day. I let him know this, + I was even the one who had initiated a contact by 7pm that day.
Now this is where the problem is...he's mad at me for not getting in touch, and feels I should apologize, but I didn't see any reason to, so I said nothing.
Its been 4 whole days since we last spoke. Should I be bothered? Should I get in touch? Please, I'm so confused atm... What would you do?
I'm sorry my "story" is quite long, I just had to be as clear as possible.
Your comments are highly appreciated please. Thank you
Re: At A Crossroad by Rexphobia(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
He's pissed 'coz of that? Not calling for hours? A little strange.

The long talks...endure/tolerate it and when you can't anymore...tell him to STFU.

Should you apologize? If you still want the relationship, by all means do. If not, let it slide. But you guys need to talk.

The relationship may be over from his standpoint, btw

Someone needs to play the fool in a relationship...is that person you?

PS: are you a student or ....
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rexphobia: He's pissed 'coz of that? Not calling for hours? A little strange.

The long talks...endure/tolerate it and when you can't anymore...tell him to STFU.

Should you apologize? If you still want the relationship, by all means do. If not, let it slide. But you guys need to talk.

The relationship may be over from his standpoint, btw

Someone needs to play the fool in a relationship...is that person you?

PS: are you a student or ....

Lmao @ the bolded.
Its funny right? Beats me too...because I sincerely don't see any reason for getting mad.
Thanks for taking your time to read and comment smiley
No, I'm done with schooling, at least for now, why?
Re: At A Crossroad by Suzie0(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Swallowing my pride is one thing i h.ate doing. Buh when it comes to a relationship, dont let it spoil things for you. So please, just say i'm sorry and end this whole drama. #my opinion#
Re: At A Crossroad by pasqal09: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
4 whole days without speaking to him, yes you should be bothered.

1 Like

Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Suzie 0.:
Swallowing my pride is one thing i h.ate doing. Buh when it comes to a relationship, dont let it spoil things for you. So please, just say i'm sorry and end this whole drama. #my opinion#

pasqal09: 4 whole days without speaking to him, yes you should be bothered.

*sigh*
Thanks
Re: At A Crossroad by Rexphobia(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
buttercream:

Lmao @ the bolded.
Its funny right? Beats me too...because I sincerely don't see any reason for getting mad.
Thanks for taking your time to read and comment smiley
No, I'm done with schooling, at least for now, why?

Trying to see how convenient 'the calling creed' will be when you start working.

Yes, love is sweet. You may mean the world to each other, but don't get trapped in the euphoria of my world evolves around my spouse.
Re: At A Crossroad by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Suzie 0.:
E.O.D.
End Of Discussion!
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rexphobia:

Trying to see how convenient 'the calling creed' will be when you start working.

Yes, love is sweet. You may mean the world to each other, but don't get trapped in the euphoria of my world evolves around my spouse.

Actually, he's employed. I'm the one who isn't formally employed yet. I don't just know how to "keep talking" for 24hours. We talk on phone, chat, send pictures and all, but is it possible to do this all through the day?
We'd talked about the impossibility of having something to say every single second of the day before, and he was like okay, he understood. Now this...
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vessi:
E.O.D.
End Of Discussion!

Thanks

Suzie 0.:
I see no big deal in apologizing, but, please, won't my apologizing mean "I'm sorry. It won't happen again"?
Re: At A Crossroad by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
buttercream:

Thanks

I see no big deal in apologizing, but, please, won't my apologizing mean "I'm sorry. It won't happen again"?
Talk it over with him.
Perhaps he's obsessed about you.
Perhaps he isnt always too busy at work, he's always bored?
Explain to him why you cant keep chatting all day with him on phone.
I wouldnt suggest you work in the same office with him.

1 Like

Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vessi:
Talk it over with him.
Perhaps he's obsessed about you.
Perhaps he isnt always too busy at work, he's always bored?
Explain to him why you cant keep chatting all day with him on phone.
I wouldnt suggest you work in the same office with him.

We've talked about how impossible it would be to keep having something to say every single minute. The reason I've not made an attempt to reach him all this while is so he'll see that that issue wasn't an issue at all.
Would my apologizing now mean, "yes, I'm now up to the task of keeping in touch 24-7" when deep down I know its not possible?
Re: At A Crossroad by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
buttercream:

We've talked about how impossible it would be to keep having something to say every single minute. The reason I've not made an attempt to reach him all this while is so he'll see that that issue wasn't an issue at all.
Would my apologizing now mean, "yes, I'm now up to the task of keeping in touch 24-7" when deep down I know its not possible?
Hmmmm. The way I see it, you can't break even.
You gotta try your best to play it his way.
BTW, if he was fun chatting with, you wouldnt be complaining about this.
My Opinion OO
Re: At A Crossroad by Dannylux: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
He's found himself a talkative lady. Sorry, Miss.
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vessi:
Hmmmm. The way I see it, you can't break even.
You gotta try your best to play it his way.
BTW, if he was fun chatting with, you wouldnt be complaining about this.
My Opinion OO
LOL @bolded...even if I were chatting with Kevin Hart/Basket Mouth, i can't do it for 24hours straight up...you've got to admit there are times one just has nothing to say. It doesn't necessarily mean the other party's boring.
Dannylux: He's found himself a talkative lady. Sorry, Miss.
Hmm...I really hope not sad
Re: At A Crossroad by Mcoldsoja(m): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
buttercream:

your apologising simply means you value the relationship and you want to work it out.
You both need to have a sovereign relationship conference to thrash issues and decide whether to continue or not.
Re: At A Crossroad by littlemistress: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
In all sincerity, I'll implore you to apologise before ΐτ̅'s too late & he calls your bluff.

Demanding an apology means he still cherish your relationship & if you still do, apologise to him,make up & forge ahead.

Don't ruin what you have over a trivial issue.

My 1kobo
Re: At A Crossroad by Nwanneamakah: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mc oldsoja:
your apologising simply means you value the relationship and you want to work it out.
little_mistress:
Demanding an apology means he still cherishes your relationship

True
Re: At A Crossroad by Davico(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
buttercream: My fiancé and I have been together for over a year, and I love him so much. In my opinion, he's everything I could ever ask for. He always insists on our not carrying over a misunderstanding to the following day...believes we should always resolve our problems asap. When he's mad, he tends to go into "long talks" and I get tired cos I'm not the talkative type, and hate when people keep going on and on. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good listener, but there are some kinds of talks I'm just not up for.
I'm the kind of girl that doesn't talk much...the laid back type. In fact, several people have mistook my quiet attitude for pride in the past, some still think I'm proud till date.
I'd complained about these talks of his, but that's the only way he can get things off his mind, and he always says the moment we have a misunderstanding and he doesn't "talk" about it, I should be worried.
Earlier this week, he got mad at me because I stayed for a couple of hours without checking up on him, but in my opinion, I felt that shouldn't be an issue as I believe one can't keep talking to one's partner every second of the day. I let him know this, + I was even the one who had initiated a contact by 7pm that day.
Now this is where the problem is...he's mad at me for not getting in touch, and feels I should apologize, but I didn't see any reason to, so I said nothing.
Its been 4 whole days since we last spoke. Should I be bothered? Should I get in touch? Please, I'm so confused atm... What would you do?
I'm sorry my "story" is quite long, I just had to be as clear as possible.
Your comments are highly appreciated please. Thank you
Sometimes u say SORRY not because u were wrong but because u value the person and the relationship.
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2013
Davico:
Sometimes u say SORRY not because u were wrong but because u value the person and the relationship.
little_mistress:
Demanding an apology means he still cherish your relationship & if you still do, apologise to him,make up & forge ahead.
Mc oldsoja:

Guess you are all right...thanks so much
Re: At A Crossroad by lertee(f): 10:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Call him and apologize,it doesn't make you less of a woman.
You should be grateful you have a guy who always wants to hear from you,it shows he loves you. smiley

1 Like

Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2013
lertee: Call him and apologize,it doesn't make you less of a woman.
You should be grateful you have a guy who always wants to hear from you,it shows he loves you. smiley

smiley Thanks
Re: At A Crossroad by Nwanneamakah: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
lertee: Call him and apologize,it doesn't make you less of a woman.

I "liked" your post kiss

1 Like

Re: At A Crossroad by Dyt(f): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
He bores u innit?
Loves u too much and wanna share everyth of it with you
Why complainin now, am sure u had ur freedom these for days
Do I sense u miss him?
Btw, I read somewhere in ur post *sorry*
If u cld say sorry to ppl u don't know why is it difficult to ley it out to soeone who loves u?
Like seriously, u don't need anyone tell u that
That's common sense youngwoman
Re: At A Crossroad by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Your boyfriend communicating w/ you after a disagreement is a good thing.
Some people would rather keep things in and then explode later, but he speaks
with you, to sort things out. You should embrace him for it. He isn't asking you
to do anything, but to be a listening ear. Not many guys are like that, you know?

1 Like

Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dyt: He bores u innit?
Loves u too much and wanna share everyth of it with you
Why complainin now, am sure u had ur freedom these for days
Do I sense u miss him?
Btw, I read somewhere in ur post *sorry*
If u cld say sorry to ppl u don't know why is it difficult to ley it out to soeone who loves u?
Like seriously, u don't need anyone tell u that
That's common sense youngwoman
Don't get me wrong please. I apologize when I'm wrong, and at times, even when I deeply believe I did nothing wrong. I love him right back, probably more. And I miss him.
I never said he bores me, I just don't get why he should be mad about an issue like this, he himself knows I'm not the type that talks much.
And the only "sorry" I think I said in this thread, apart from the one in my initial post is, "won't my apologizing mean "I'm sorry. It won't happen again" "
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Yield: Your boyfriend communicating w/ you after a disagreement is a good thing.
Some people would rather keep things in and then explode later, but he speaks
with you, to sort things out. You should embrace him for it. He isn't asking you
to do anything, but to be a listening ear. Not many guys are like that, you know?

Saw your initial post grin there's been times I fell asleep while he was talking embarassed not cos he wasn't making sense, or I wasn't interested, its just how I am...I can't count how many times I fell asleep during classes that seemeed to take forever or even during service...not because the "speeches" were boring, but because I can't seem to focus on someone talking and talking for a long period at a stretch.
One of the reasons he fell in love with me is the fact that I'm reserved...he hates lousy girls.
@ the bolded. Yes I know...guess I'm fortunate
Re: At A Crossroad by Dyt(f): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
buttercream:
Don't get me wrong please. I apologize when I'm wrong, and at times, even when I deeply believe I did nothing wrong. I love him right back, probably more. And I miss him.
I never said he bores me, I just don't get why he should be mad about an issue like this, he himself knows I'm not the type that talks much.
And the only "sorry" I think I said in this thread, apart from the one in my initial post is, "won't my apologizing mean "I'm sorry. It won't happen again" "

Quit replying here
Call ur man up dammit
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dyt: 0

Quit replying here
Call ur man up dammit
embarassed
embarassed ok. Just did- thrice. He didn't pick up *sigh*
Re: At A Crossroad by Dyt(f): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
buttercream:
embarassed
embarassed ok. Just did- thrice. He didn't pick up *sigh*

He cld be sleepn
Send a text
Remind him how much u love n miss him
Re: At A Crossroad by buttercream: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dyt:
He cld be sleepn
Send a text
Remind him how much u love n miss him

Done...called a couple more times...feel like a child right now embarassed
Re: At A Crossroad by Dyt(f): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Its nothing
Don't worry much
He might be fast aslp, am sure he's eager to read/hear frm u

*i know that feeling, exactly how u feeling right now*
Don't get mad at ursef ok
Jast calm down

Assume he's aslp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Know If A Woman Is Single, Married Or Happily Married. / Girl Forced To Marry Dog In India / Sex Is Not Love And Love Is Not Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.