Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men (24259 Views)

How Nigeria Won The 1996 Olympics Football Gold / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by nguage(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2008
Honestly, me thinks the boys played good enough. What more do you insatiable Nigerians want? These guys were able to dictate the pace of the game despite the fact that they went into these game as underdogs.
You will appreciate the team more if you saw what I saw. And what did I see? I saw a team that played the best European football players and came out on top.
These players sweat and play their hearts out and how do you repay them, by complaining and nagging?
Shame on you.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by superstan(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
u will complain when u see other teams play.

no one is saying they played badly but if u compare nigeria to other teams then your faith will shake.

cote d'ivore has impressed me more than nigeria, never mind argentina and brazil.

p.s. who is this gervinho? i think he is better than drogba/kalou. what a beast of a playa.

messi n riquelme ruined cote d'ivore---a quickly taken free-kick, one-two ball, and messi struck, keeper parried n the rebound was turned in.

inexperience and naivety on the part of the ivoriens.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Olaolufred(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2008
Well, many has said Dream Team has no place against Holland.
But, thank God the story has changed.

It is now plans to do better that all are suggesting.

I assure you that the Team play today is like their first major friendly match in preparation for
this tournament. Where they able to play high profile friendly match like Holland did? NOOOO!

If they can hold the favourite with thier seeming shabby prep, imagine what it should have been
with good prep.

However, the game is now an eye-opener to all. Siasia is Tactically sound and knows how to turn the
next match the more exciting and goalfull match for us.

We will all celebrate the remaining matches.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Olaolufred(m): 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2008
Superstan and others,

There is no reason for comparison.

Most compared Dream with Oranje boys and write them off.
Now the story of them reciving the greatest bashing of thier life could not go further.

This result ( 0,0 ) was not your predictions or your thoughts in the first place.
Let, whoever wish predict Nig. 0, Ivory Coast 9. It will be decided true or false after 90 minutes.
Bring any country, this team will proof that predictions by fearers are only in mouth.

At least today's result has pooved it.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
Not a bad result really, given the pre-tournament hype about the star-studded Dutch team. But they could have done better. Several goal chances missed. Our attack not sharp enough. The group is still open, with the pre-tournament group underdog USA beating Japan.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Emperoh(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
I watch all national team matches with an indifferent dispositon
Watching the boys play today, i knew what adequate preparation can do
It took the boys time to settle into the match.
But i must admit that we lacked creativity and guile
If we meet a top side like the argies, before we settle into the game, we go don dey like 3goals down grin
But that is not to write the boys off. The played really good football and where able to control and limit the attacking options of the Oranje boiz
I think they will do well given that each match has its own formula and hence a way to solve it
Argentina has the most experienced side in the tournament. If Nigeria doesn't go that far, i guess the Ivoriens
But lets hope the Dream team improves with time. I believe they will do well but i don't know if they will win the football medal
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Emperoh(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2008
Not soo good compared to what Argentina and CIV played
I am more afraid of CIV than Brasil and Argentina
But i believe the dream team will improve with time
They were a bit tetchy at the begining the game but they settled in
WE NEED A CREATIVE MID-FIELDER!!!!!!!!!
that was the major lapse i saw hence no goals
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by A40(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2008
Well it wasnt a fantastic performance but it wasnt a bad one either we outplayed the Dutch no doubt and with sharper attackers we should have won easy i am glad we are starting slowly but i hope we can pick it up in our next match.That Okoronkwo dude was just static
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Phemour: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
nairalanders, messi is wonderful
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by tosinadeda: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2008
nsofor was my man of the match
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by vichel(m): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2008
some of u guys are so stupid for suggestin that the dream team can't stand a chance wit the rest. if they had played italy or brazil and gotten d same result, u would say they dn't stand a chance against the dutch. so how dare u people be-little d performance of our team 2day, they didn't play that good but they were far better than the dutch, one of the favorites to win d gold. i would advise some of u to reason well before u speak because d same ivory coast that is sooo "good" just lost their first game, and were whooped by d same technical dutch team we played. Go Dream Team iv
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by doyin13(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2008
Mehn. . .the contrast is clear oo. . . .I remember Atlanta wey Naija shake.

The atmosphere seems quite tepid as far as this team's concerned.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by McKren(m): 1:47am On Aug 08, 2008
Ibime

The match is live on BBC Interactive

Via your red button off BBC One
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by AloyEmeka9: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2008
some of u guys are so stupid for suggestin that the dream team can't stand a chance wit the rest. if they had played italy or brazil and gotten d same result, u would say they dn't stand a chance against the dutch. so how dare u people be-little d performance of our team 2day, they didn't play that good but they were far better than the dutch, one of the favorites to win d gold. i would advise some of u to reason well before u speak because d same ivory coast that is sooo "good" just lost their first game, and were whooped by d same technical dutch team we played. Go Dream Team

That was their opinion and you are free to express yours. It wouldnt make you stupid. Why are Nigerians so anal?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Emperoh(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2008
vichel:

some of u guys are so stupid for suggestin that the dream team can't stand a chance wit the rest. if they had played italy or brazil and gotten d same result, u would say they dn't stand a chance against the dutch. so how dare u people be-little d performance of our team 2day, they didn't play that good but they were far better than the dutch, one of the favorites to win d gold. i would advise some of u to reason well before u speak because d same ivory coast that is sooo "good" just lost their first game, and were whooped by d same technical dutch team we played. Go Dream Team iv
I don't think the discuss going on here calls for you to call 'some of u guys' stupid not to talk of anyone here
If u are used to bossing it on others, please shed that toga once you enter here, post your opinion and politely disagree to anyones postulation
We can't make any head way insulting people just because they don't agree with your point of view or don't see things your own way.
Bros, if i am saying the minds of a vast majority of those that posted on this thread, i think you should modify that post and apologise to posters here
Pls we should all lean to respect each others views even if it seems the weirdest or dumbest. Lets learn to retrace and do things properly

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by mykali(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2008
wishing them succex, GO FOR GOLD NIGERIA
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by vikiviko(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
These boys will go places.

To the finals and win gold
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by lordimpaq(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
this guys are good they tried, they would win gold, trust me, they are okay,
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by vichel(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2008
am not going to modify the post, but am going to appologise seriously 4 callin some of u stupid, there waz no need 4 dat. its just dat it's frustratin to c how pple could be so critical unecessarily and one dimensional. once again guyz pls accept my appologies
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by doyin13(m): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
Quite an opening ceremony. . . .

I wonder if the lighting of the torch is berra
than the Archer's stunt in 1992
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by thando(f): 12:21am On Aug 09, 2008
the opening ceremony.damn wat a spectacle.neva knew a poeple could be so organised.tru dedication and commitment
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by TOYOSI20(f): 1:03am On Aug 09, 2008
Go Niaja cool tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by DrKitaun(m): 1:06am On Aug 09, 2008
@Vichel

why do u feel u owe anyone an apology ?

f@ck it . . .only idiots spew such bunkumery ! cos our boys played a draw now they have suddenly become villains . . . how myopic !  angry

seriously tho . . .Promise was too frigid, and played too arrogantly, mayne he coulda played more aggressive and we would have gotten a better result than that if he just wasnt too slow and intent on playing the big man's game . . .

I wonder what it is abou Osaze that people dont just see that HE LOVES PLAYING TO THE GALLERY   what do most of his dazzling runs result to ? NO END PRODUCT ! why do u still wonder why he is not playing for a big club ?

Nsofor was undoubtedly the star of the team, Adeleye was aight, but Apam was foolish enough to have gotten a yellow . . .when would these guys learn how not to get unnecessary yellow cards ?  undecided

We didnt in any way miss Mikel, Ajilore and Nsofor held fort and made it all look like Mikel coulndt have done any better, not with how Sno and Emmanuelson, Drenthe included were playing  shocked

why are we not applauding Vanzekin here ? ol'boy . . that guy was massive !!  shocked  cheesy

we need to rearrange our strike-force . .let Promise drop more backward and have Ogbuke, Nsofor and Anichebe do the job . . .what da hell is Okoronkwo doing in the 1st 11 ?  shocked  angry

SIASIA !!!! no make I vex o  angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by rasputinn(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2008
GO NIGERIA

[flash=200,200][/flash]

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Fadajasi(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2008
Am confident about the dream team
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by ayusman16(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2008
The group is very dicey. Just pray that we dont play well and lose out.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by ODAGBA: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2008
where are our big names, only god can help us. i love football more than woman. my heart is with dream team 4
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Fadajasi(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2008
Why?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Queenisha: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
They better play well over there.
God,please help them to forget their mother's Ogbono and ewedu soups and concentrate on the game.
Amen!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by alex406(m): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2008
I pray the perform better.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by tommyex(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2008
ODAGBA:

where are our big names, only god can help us. i love football more than woman. my heart is with dream team 4

make i bring 1 sexy babe 4 u,wey go turn ur head u go knw how far.

I have hope in Siasia
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by yommys01(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2008
I hope they don't disappoint at least if not for anything but for the hope I have in Siasia and for the seek of their careers, they have to know that if they loss out in the first round the NFF (na real no future focus) will disband team and that will be very bad for our football at the moment since most of those boys have been around since Finland 2001.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Epic Encounters Between Nigeria And Cameroon (Videos And Memories). / Koeman Blasts Barca: You Let Messi Go, Signed Ferran Torres For £45m / Cyriel Dessers Ready To Dump Belgium For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.