Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi (788 Views)

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 / PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Solutioncrib: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2013

AHEAD of the 2015 presidential election, the Rivers State Governor, Mr.Rotimi Amaechi, has said unless the Peoples Democratic Party embraces
rigging, it can never win elections in the country.

The governor, who made this remark while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Friday night, said with the exodus of PDP members to the All Progressives Congress, the ruling party was on its way out of
power.

He said, “Most of you may have known that I have since left the PDP to a better party called the All Progressives Congress because the PDP is a drowning party and the facts remain that PDP is a drowning party.
“Watch out before March if we don’t have the numbers that we are looking for. So, you can’t call us opposition anymore because there are three arms of government and only two are electable; the executive and
legislature.

“Yes, the PDP has the national executive, but we are inching close to having the legislature. Who then would be called the opposition if we have it?”

Amaechi, who predicted that more governors would defect to the APC in 2014, disclosed that one of the reasons why he left the PDP was as a result of the attempt by President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, to interfere in the governance of Rivers State.

He also cited the ceding of Rivers resources to other states, the absence of Federal Government projects in the state and bad governance as the reasons why he dumped the PDP.
“But the basic reason why we left is the resources of Rivers State. I have told all of you on several occasions that the wife of the President was not elected the governor of Rivers State.

I am the governor of Rivers State
and husband to Judith Amaechi.
“I left because of the attempt by the wife of the President to
micromanage governance in Rivers.
I said no, you can’t; so that if I fail,
they will not say the wife of the President failed, Governor Amaechi failed.

I am accountable to God and to men and women,” he added.
Amaechi, however, said Nigerian politicians were averse to telling the truth and blamed Nigerians for the lack of interest in knowing the truth.
Recalling his claim that the Federal Government could not account for the sum of $49.8 bn and N2.3 trn oil subsidy, Amaechi said governors, at a time, refused to collect their states’ monthly allocations for three months.

He said, “When the politician reel out numbers, you should hold him
accountable to the numbers he has reeled out. If you don’t hold them accountable, he will just say anything he likes.
“When I said the Federal Government could not account for $49.8 bn,they said, Amaechi, how did you know and I pulled out the letter and said the authority is the CBN governor.

“So, let him deny it. When I said they could not account for N2.3 trn for oil subsidy, they say what is your source? I was in the meeting with the President.

We told the President that under General Obasanjo, the total oil
money was N300 bn. The first year of President Goodluck Jonathan, 2011,oil subsidy became N2.3 trn.

Did we buy more machines, expanded Nigeria?”

Source: http://solutioncrib.com
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by ilibrarian(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by farellstone: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by carbon1224(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmm mods front page.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by candor4(f): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmmmmm........amechi..........dis ur mouth self
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Toktee(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2013
Raw truth,ride on ameachi

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by bamosagie(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Amaechi is trying too hard to convince himself, one wonder if he is using the press to govern Rivers state now.
I honestly think Amaechi should concentrate more on his constitutional duty in Rivers state and stop nagging like a pregnant woman.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by luvinhubby(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
This man is gradually rendering himself irrelevant in Nigeria politics by his many unguarded and fallacious utterances.
`A wise man bridles his tongue but a foolish man ensnares himself by the words of his mouth`.
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by twkalio(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
Amaechi, instead of u to continue ur gud work and maintain ur dignity u've allowed ursef to b dragged into dis aimless historical jingoism perpatrated by politicians who's only motive is success @ d 2015 polls. U beta concentrate on people oriented projects in order to take our minds away from ur white elephant sorry monorail project which even ur supporters agree is a waste of public funds.
B wise o!! Hu d GODS want to kill dey 1st make mad, dnt 4gt dis as u go about talking all sorts of things dt do not concern ur purpose in office. (using patience's meddling amongst oda petty reasons as excuse 4 ur very poor political decisions)
Re: PDP Can Never Win In Nigeria Again — Amaechi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
but Amaechi has one vote!

(1) (Reply)

World Famous People That Died In 2013 / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Battered Pregnant Woman: – Lagos Deputy Gov. Addresses Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.