Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 (22293 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Winners Of The Headies Awards 2013 & pictures (updates) / The Headies Awards 2013 Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
(YAWWWWWWN)

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dyt: Clears throat
I wanna disagree with you on some points there
Pls what gives Wajes I WISH a nutch over Orezis Rihanna?
What's danceable abt the song?

And Sean tizzle deserves that award, also what makes Iyanya artist of the year, we have Ice prince on that list

You say Sean Tissue deserve that award?
Pls be suncere here between Sean Tizzle n Burna Boy who is the best for 2013?

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by s3nn2x(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
I quite agree with the OP.
I am less concerned about the winners, but the award itself.
For goodness sake the Headies is the biggest music award we have in Nigeria at the moment, but I was really disappointed with the stage setting. What was it supposed to be? It looked more like a runway.
And the comperes, I was the least impressed with Dr. Sid's performance.
For the first in my life, I could not watch an award show till the end..... I am a fan of anything that has to do with award.
What happened to MAMA and SMVA?
I actually thought I was the one that noticed it.

As for the winners, I was quit surprised, but good luck to them.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by mruwaifo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
The Headies have lost it completely !!!!!!
What a shame !
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by IAMBREEZY: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
I ain't gat nothing to say about this i strongly agree with the op headies is CRAP! CRAP!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Pain(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hoebinar: Dear headies 2013 organizers,

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ

The "Tiwa Gabbage" part got me cracking..Thanks for making me laugh for free.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Dyt(f): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
youngprofdguru:
You say Sean Tissue deserve that award?
Pls be suncere here between Sean Tizzle n Burna Boy who is the best for 2013?

I have hrd n liked all sean tizzles frm sho le, mama eh and komole
Also likes burnas party and in love with Yawa dey
Bt for me, its sean tizzle, this is not only got to do with the songs, smth attached to it ni
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by gbensright: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
EVERYTHING YOU ASSUME RAE NOT TRUE,FLAVOUR GOT 2 AWARD ONE FOR BEST COSTUME AND THE OTHER I CANT REMEMBER
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by fattbabakay(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
ajasa4link: The author of this trash is just a bitter niggar who will complain about everything that doesn't go his way ,just making baseless accusations. The problem is people like him think they know everything when they actually know next to nothing. Hear him call Don jazzy and tiwa savage " mavin slaves " as if any of his family members is half as successful as the two stars are.
Even a deaf man knows olamide's Ybnl is the most successful rap album in the period under review (mid 2012 - June 2013), but our bitter friend here will not agree with that and even accuse olamide of commercializing rap when in fact,reminisce,vector, phyno and his other hyped thin God are guilty of the same offence. And for u to even consider ice prince as what rap represents says a whole lot about what u know about hiphop.
For God's sake,stop asking the dumb question why this or that answer did not win the award,the answer is simple; BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U DID NOT VOTE FOR UR CHOICE,BUT WILL RATHER COMPLAIN WHEN UR ARTIST OF CHOICE DID NOT WIN ANYTHING.
Saying some artists won the award because they were mtn ambassadors is just a baseless conspiracy theory because there u have waje to negate ur claim.
Yeah,the organisers had some flops coming from their end,but spreading a conspiracy theory because u don't agree with final outcome of the awards is damn irresponsible of u.

LAST BULLET: stop saying u speak for majority of Nigerians u know the truth because u don't know shiit, u are just.a bitter unsuccessful dude trying to sell ur beer parlor talk to us as fact.
GO AND DIE!!!***In Oshiomole's voice***@OP I gbadun u jhor,diz 1 is juz 1 of doz hungry attention seekers!!!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Krasid(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
gbensright: EVERYTHING YOU ASSUME RAE NOT TRUE,FLAVOUR GOT 2 AWARD ONE FOR BEST COSTUME AND THE OTHER I CANT REMEMBER
Big Lie.Flavour didn't win any award at the headies.Maybe you are talking about NMVA.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by DarryOsh(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
@op I dont consider myself an expert in naija music so really cannot fault your claims. But reading through your post, u r obviously not being objective. Y r you reading meanings to mere coincidences. Have you tried judging through neutral eyes? What makes you think the artists u consider to b d best are really the best.
you can start ur own awards.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by 3coins(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dyt:

I have hrd n liked all sean tizzles frm sho le, mama eh and komole
Also likes burnas party and in love with Yawa dey
Bt for me, its sean tizzle, this is not only got to do with the songs, smth attached to it ni
clearsthroat
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by echeprecious: 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
CLICK LIKE, if you dont give a Bleep about this babble post...
U need help!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by simdam500(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
odikwa very riskkkkkkkkkkyyy
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Seequadry(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Andyblaze:
We are not there yet, but we will get there. Our stage, lightings, audio quality etc in Life events might not be Top notch but you have to know we are only 2nd to South Africa. As time goes on we'll get better.
angry angry
Bros ve u been to any big event in 9ja b4....
Kindly look for diz videos on youtube.....9ice baahorun and versus album lunch,
harp rythm unplug
Obo album lunch
Nd nt to forget dare love like a movie cooncert
Sprite triple slam
Trust me any of doz stages from diz events i mention is far better dan dat poo headies used
Broz u no watch am? Even star trek stages sef beta am
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Dyt(f): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
3coins:
clearsthroat

U want water?
Hot or cold one?
Shior

Yh, I like sean tizzle personally, don't mean I want him
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by contactmorak: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
But Wizkd is an Mtn ambassador and he didn't win an award. It's not about MTN abeg!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Krasid(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
dellynike: for an artiste to win next rated,he mustnt have an album yet.Burna boy has an album already..hence his loss.
If he had no chance of winning, then why did he get nominated?
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by 3coins(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dyt:

U want water?
Hot or cold one?
Shior

Yh, I love sean tizzle personally, it means I want him
MODIFIED
grin
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Jasi7(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash

wat is dis tonzo saying...
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Dewze(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: what is this headies about sef?? wetin i ask?? wetin?? angry

it's about plenty plenty blow jobs.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Yemimovich(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mr.dj observer...olamide raps. U gave it commercial rap. Rap is rap. What does lil'wayne does. Olamide is a solo rapper. He ought to have won lyricist on the roll(v.o.t.s.) as well. U got the rest right man,but don't go near olamide at all all. We all know that if you're a loyal artiste to the award bodies,you would definately win something. But,rubbing olamide of that award phyno won was a bad one,and i promise'em my would still give'em back their piece despite winning just 3awards. It's all about my boy. Thanks
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by horlajide: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hoebinar: Dear headies 2013 organizers,
Let me start by saying i am not just disappointed in
you [s]but u have just proved to us that Nigeria is not getting better any time soon.[/s] you have been
manipulated by a greedy and hopeless telecommunications company (mtn) because they sponsored your event and you forgot the ultimate rule that awards are meant to be impartial

We all agree with the bolded
and should be decided by the general public especially when u told us to vote. you distributed the awards among 4 mtn ambassadors (iyanya, davido, praiz, and kcee) and just 1 glo ambassador won (waje). Is that not politics or is it coincidence? Now let us analyze.
Don't forget best music video went to P'Square's Alingo who are glo ambassadors. Even Olamide who is an Etisalat ambassador won 3 headies

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? [s]Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event? Oh I forgot,[/s] the awards lacked credibility and substance. Why did majority of the winners come from backstage, instead of coming from the crowd like it should be?[s]I watched nickelodeon kids choice awards this year and it is far better than the over hyped headies[/s] which was not properly planned and hurriedly done #shame

Can you explain to us how olamide won best rap album? olamide has commercialized rap, we cannot tell if he is a rapper or a singer.
Can I ask who the "we" is here?

As far as i am concerned, he is just an entertainer like dbanj.
Sounds a lot better speaking for yourself
so where does vector, phyno, reminisce,ice prince and illbliss who represent real hip hop/rap stand? Don’t forget that there is a big difference between commercial rap and real rap.
Yet you deem ice price fit to be counted amongst "real rappers". Ice is more of commercial than a hip-hop head, he would even tell you that himself

all he sings about is remind us that he is from the street but to be sincere terry g is more street than olamide and terry is not even a rapper #justsaying
How can harry song win most mtn most downloaded caller tune song for rip Mandela? when did Mandela die and do u want to compare that dead song with other club bangers in the same category? [s]Simple, it is because harrysong is a label mate to your mtn ambassador (kcee). [/s]
I believe its obvious, the callertune is free for a month(1st time) and c'mmon its Mandela we're talking about here
In my opinion jawon, waje,2 face, Clarence peters , blackmagic and davido deserved there awards. how can wizkid not win any  award? Someone who has been the most consistent and sought after this year. i am sure wizkid declined an interview from you that’s why he didn't win. in fact wizzy should be the artiste of the year.
Bolded sounds immature! I'm yet to see Wizzy tweet about the Headies sef so take a chill pill. Besides do u see ure contradicting urself? First its the baseless accusation that some didn't win because they are glo ambassodors yet ure pointing out Wizkid (mtn ambassador) didn't win any award. So it should prick your objectivity if the issue of sponsorship is an issue to discuss
Why did dbanj, burnaboy, wandecoal, psquare, flavour not win anything?[s] oh i know why, it is because they are Glo ambassadors.[/s]
Now explain to me why Sean tizzle won the next rated award and he was in the same category as burna boy who is obviously more relevant and talented. We all know Sean tizzle has the same old boring style and we can always predict his next song.

@ bolded Well said! I agree completely. Would never be convinced until I see the results of this category
Phyno too deserved the next rated award and how on planet earth did d-tunes win producer of the year? Someone who recycled 1 beat 5 times (kukere, your waist, mama eh,lenu by spicy, kilogbe). so where does ace producer del b that produced the national anthem limpopo stand? You are all insane!!!!!!

[s]Infact, headies, mtn and Pdp should merge and start a new political party for the upcoming election in 2015. it should be named mhdp( mtn headies democratic party). we all know exactly what happened, mtn agreed to sponsor your event and they gave you the list of who should win. our votes did not count; do you think we are blind and foolish like yourself? Instead of your greedy mtn sponsors to improve their network, reduce tariffs and contribute to the growth of the nation, they will be sending me sms on how they gave free ipad and mp3 to those who sent a sms to a code. They spend all their time looking for how to extort customers and scam us with their ridiculous offers (free airplane and a trip to the moon)
i am sorry to say sir but if u continues this way your company will fold up and collapse because you are not an epitome of integrity.[/s] i am speaking on behalf of majority of Nigerians who know the truth and are not afraid to say it. [s]those who feel this letter is nonsense should not forget to curse, insult and threaten me on @baddestdjtimmy. after my last 2 open letters, i have been insulted, chewed up, spit out, as being very jobless, hopeless and a broke laptop dj. you guys don’t know how much i love the insults so it means i am doing a good job and it makes me stronger.[/s] So in conclusion, if u have the opportunity to host another award show, learn from your mistakes and let our votes count this time. Let those who deserve it win, is that too much to ask?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ
The part I striked out are absolutely unnecessary. If you desire to be heard and respected as a critic then you still hv a lot to learn. Its full of rantings,curses and hate. Stop sounding like a nagging woman. Correction and Nagging are not the same. If you desire to be heard, be more matured about it. Even the dropping of the twitter handle undermines the whole essence of the open letter as it sounds like ure more interested in generating traffic for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Dyt(f): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
3coins:
MODIFIED
grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
this year headies should be called yarshies
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Alenkakent(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
CLICK LIKE, if you dont give a Bleep about this babble post...
Are u MarrrrD?
All u ever do on every thread is beg for LIKES...
U must be on crazzzzzyyyy son of a B*tch
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by boban007: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
BURNA BOY IS TALENTED,VERSATILE,HAS LYRICAL CONTENT AND MATURE SONGS.LIMITING HIM TO NEXT RATED IS INSULTIVE.HE DESERVES ATLEAST 3 AWARDS FOR COMING OUT WITH AN EXCELLENT ALBUM.SAME WITH FLAVOR AND WIZKID.THEY ARE AWESOME.IF HEADIES IS NOT CHECKED,ARTISTE WON'T BOTHER SINGING GOOD SONGS ANYMORE LIKE IT USED TO BE.THATS WHY NIGERIAN ARTISTES ARE FULL OF NOISE MAKERS.STUFFS LIKE THIS WILL KILL MUSIC IN NIGERIA.PLAYING POLITICS WITH MUSIC.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nakarey(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
[b][/b]
s3nn2x: I quite agree with the OP.
I am less concerned about the winners, but the award itself.
For goodness sake the Headies is the biggest music award we have in Nigeria at the moment, but I was really disappointed with the stage setting. What was it supposed to be? It looked more like a runway.
And the comperes, I was the least impressed with Dr. Sid's performance.
For the first in my life, I could not watch an award show till the end..... I am a fan of anything that has to do with award.
What happened to MAMA and SMVA?
I actually thought I was the one that noticed it.

As for the winners, I was quit surprised, but good luck to them.
MAMA and SMVA use to be the best and most objective awards.dnt knw why they av relaxed!buh 4 SMVA am sure they are coming up wit something bigger and better.then like it was b4 nobody wil give a fvck abt headies.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Cmfrt001(f): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
ajasa4link: The author of this trash is just a bitter niggar who will complain about everything that doesn't go his way ,just making baseless accusations. The problem is people like him think they know everything when they actually know next to nothing. Hear him call Don jazzy and tiwa savage " mavin slaves " as if any of his family members is half as successful as the two stars are.
Even a deaf man knows olamide's Ybnl is the most successful rap album in the period under review (mid 2012 - June 2013), but our bitter friend here will not agree with that and even accuse olamide of commercializing rap when in fact,reminisce,vector, phyno and his other hyped thin God are guilty of the same offence. And for u to even consider ice prince as what rap represents says a whole lot about what u know about hiphop.
For God's sake,stop asking the dumb question why this or that answer did not win the award,the answer is simple; BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U DID NOT VOTE FOR UR CHOICE,BUT WILL RATHER COMPLAIN WHEN UR ARTIST OF CHOICE DID NOT WIN ANYTHING.
Saying some artists won the award because they were mtn ambassadors is just a baseless conspiracy theory because there u have waje to negate ur claim.
Yeah,the organisers had some flops coming from their end,but spreading a conspiracy theory because u don't agree with final outcome of the awards is damn irresponsible of u.

LAST BULLET: stop saying u speak for majority of Nigerians u know the truth because u don't know shiit, u are just.a bitter unsuccessful dude trying to sell ur beer parlor talk to us as fact.
God bless you better person. You have infact quoted my heart/mind. Don't mind that op guy who is having nothing but plain beef. Please guy, go and listen to beef by M.I because that is the perfect song for you and not to forget, he is also a glo ambassador*tongue out* enjoy the song.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by dapzyadix(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dis op is deluded...so wizkid no be mtn ambassador shey
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by free2ryhme: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Who listens to dis cRap called naija music undecided
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Shadydamsel(f): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Gbam! He stated d obvious buh d insults were uncalled for sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lil Kesh - "Rora" (Video) / Ice-Prince Cried After He Was Nominated For This Year’s Bet Awards / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.