Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 (22294 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Winners Of The Headies Awards 2013 & pictures (updates) / The Headies Awards 2013 Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by ajasa4link: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
fattbabakay: GO AND DIE!!!***In Oshiomole's voice***@OP I gbadun u jhor,diz 1 is juz 1 of doz hungry attention seekers!!!
Stop confusing me with ur dad! angry
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by EGEEXJONAS: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
okelarine: Yes i support u, hw kan sean tissue paper win next rated. I wasted my tyme watchin d award. It was trash. Poor stage, even d host, marvin cast away. I so much hate d headies.
Nof said
ur re right
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by wonderboyjay: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Delb? Like seriously? @op. not sure you ar a DJ cos if you are you will know that delb is naija's king of beat recycler, please drop your earpiece and turn table undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by mbulela: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Harry_Potter22: @OP, saying Illbliss represents real rap/hip-hop is like saying Modenine represents classic blues.
Ill sef try better pass ice Prince.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by moufan: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
agrovick: And u had to quote the whole article. Bleep u
*GO AND DIE* in shekau's voice. E-DIOT
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Yungstev007(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Truly d stage setting is bad.. On d award recipients: Sean T didnt worth d next rated award where d likes of oluwaburna nd phyno bt if u watch pre-award show, Sean T was postrating nd seriously begging ppl to vote 4 him despite being a star... .though I want burnaboy bt wat Sean T did was what convinced me nd oda pple to vote 4 him.
On Olamide saga whether it is commercial or not rap Na rap, besides d guy is lyrically inclined ( go nd listen to his baddest guy ever liveth album ) nd dnt ever compare Terry G with badoo again.
On Wizkid buzz , jaiyejaiye shud b nominated @ least.
What annoyed me most abt dis award is Iyanya winning artist of d year. d guy songs Na wash. mtchew...
#peace.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
This people, they are mad oh. See cheating. How come sinach did not win all the category. I dont understand this world people self.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Fredfrank(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abeg grammy no too far from now, to hell with does nija musician... why u go dey listen to uninsparational songs nd expect d award to be straight up... anyway its over nd nothing we can do about it
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by gagzee(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Harry_Potter22: @OP, saying Illbliss represents real rap/hip-hop is like saying Modenine represents classic blues.
ode
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Jimmyo3(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jensen_elizz: I no I'm about to sound like person wey just fall in 9ja bt bribery and corruption don finish us........

Imagine baba wizzy-0 award
Baba davido-1 or 0 award
Baba kcee limpopo-supposed to be music of the year,,dem give alingo(WTF) angry

Worst of all IYANYA--artiste of the year......
Two words for headies

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK HEADIES
Bleep u and not headies...Iyanya is a singer like every other artist and deserve any award including the Grammy awards,so dont ride him off with ur tribalism ok.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Jimmyo3(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Yungstev007: Truly d stage setting is bad.. On d award recipients: Sean T didnt worth d next rated award where d likes of oluwaburna nd phyno bt if u watch pre-award show, Sean T was postrating nd seriously begging ppl to vote 4 him despite being a star... .though I want burnaboy bt wat Sean T did was what convinced me nd oda pple to vote 4 him.
On Olamide saga whether it is commercial or not rap Na rap, besides d guy is lyrically inclined ( go nd listen to his baddest guy ever liveth album ) nd dnt ever compare Terry G with badoo again.
On Wizkid buzz , jaiyejaiye shud b nominated @ least.
What annoyed me most abt dis award is Iyanya winning artist of d year. d guy songs Na wash. mtchew...
#peace.
Iyanya is a singer like every other artist and deserve any award including the grammy award...stop critisizing him with ur tribalism ok.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by misterh(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jimmyo3: Iyanya is a singer like every other artist and deserve any award including the grammy award...stop critisizing him with ur tribalism ok.
Seems we have different definitions for tribalism. What's yours?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by donluclay(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Its really not goina change noting... undecided
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by folahann(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Yes, some results were shocking but Olamide deserves his award. The OP deserves a slap for thinking otherwise.
I think Phyno and 2face also deserve theirs.
Iyanya is nothing close to artist of the year and Limpopo is very far from song of the year. Wizkid not winning an award is damn disastrous.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by TrackCee: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Not the best written article. Sounds more like the sentimental rants.

While some of the points highlighted may be partially credible, you have not put in the effort to flesh it out with solid arguments.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Porthable(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
“nigeria's own grammy” i think music in Nigeria is as good as bad una cme dey talk bout awards, pooooooooo
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by adellam16(f): 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
So dis is d new trend? An open letter madness? Why do nairalanders like mitating? So u can't post anyfin witout getting oda people's ideas? First was first to comment madness now its open letter mumuness? When will dese people ever b real?
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Waspy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Shout out to all those that gave heads just to win the Headies... More actions to your mouths undecided
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by bobo65(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Na dat Ill bliss ish dey make me laugh, ill bliss has never dropped a punch line b4
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by FADEO: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Am so in love with you write up cos you are so on point. Everything was so messed up and I was so dissapointed.
One love bro.

Hoebinar: Dear headies 2013 organizers,
Let me start by saying i am not just disappointed in you but u have just proved to us that Nigeria is not getting better any time soon. you have been manipulated by a greedy and hopeless telecommunications company (mtn) because they sponsored your event and you forgot the ultimate rule that awards are meant to be impartial and should be decided by the general public especially when u told us to vote. you distributed the awards among 4 mtn ambassadors (iyanya, davido, praiz, and kcee) and just 1 glo ambassador won (waje). Is that not politics or is it coincidence? Now let us analyze.

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event? Oh I forgot, the awards lacked credibility and substance. Why did majority of the winners come from backstage, instead of coming from the crowd like it should be? I watched nickelodeon kids choice awards this year and it is far better than the over hyped headies which was not properly planned and hurriedly done #shame

Can you explain to us how olamide won best rap album? olamide has commercialized rap, we cannot tell if he is a rapper or a singer. As far as i am concerned, he is just an entertainer like dbanj. so where does vector, phyno, reminisce,ice prince and illbliss who represent real hip hop/rap stand? Don’t forget that there is a big difference between commercial rap and real rap. all he sings about is remind us that he is from the street but to be sincere terry g is more street than olamide and terry is not even a rapper #justsaying
How can harry song win most mtn most downloaded caller tune song for rip Mandela? when did Mandela die and do u want to compare that dead song with other club bangers in the same category? Simple, it is because harrysong is a label mate to your mtn ambassador (kcee). In my opinion jawon, waje,2 face, Clarence peters , blackmagic and davido deserved there awards. how can wizkid not win any  award? Someone who has been the most consistent and sought after this year. i am sure wizkid declined an interview from you that’s why he didn't win. in fact wizzy should be the artiste of the year. Why did dbanj, burnaboy, wandecoal, psquare, flavour not win anything? oh i know why, it is because they are Glo ambassadors.
Now explain to me why Sean tizzle won the next rated award and he was in the same category as burna boy who is obviously more relevant and talented. We all know Sean tizzle has the same old boring style and we can always predict his next song. Phyno too deserved the next rated award and how on planet earth did d-tunes win producer of the year? Someone who recycled 1 beat 5 times (kukere, your waist, mama eh,lenu by spicy, kilogbe). so where does ace producer del b that produced the national anthem limpopo stand? You are all insane!!!!!!

Infact, headies, mtn and Pdp should merge and start a new political party for the upcoming election in 2015. it should be named mhdp( mtn headies democratic party). we all know exactly what happened, mtn agreed to sponsor your event and they gave you the list of who should win. our votes did not count; do you think we are blind and foolish like yourself? Instead of your greedy mtn sponsors to improve their network, reduce tariffs and contribute to the growth of the nation, they will be sending me sms on how they gave free ipad and mp3 to those who sent a sms to a code. They spend all their time looking for how to extort customers and scam us with their ridiculous offers (free airplane and a trip to the moon)
i am sorry to say sir but if u continues this way your company will fold up and collapse because you are not an epitome of integrity. i am speaking on behalf of majority of Nigerians who know the truth and are not afraid to say it. those who feel this letter is nonsense should not forget to curse, insult and threaten me on @baddestdjtimmy. after my last 2 open letters, i have been insulted, chewed up, spit out, as being very jobless, hopeless and a broke laptop dj. you guys don’t know how much i love the insults so it means i am doing a good job and it makes me stronger. So in conclusion, if u have the opportunity to host another award show, learn from your mistakes and let our votes count this time. Let those who deserve it win, is that too much to ask?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by airmark(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
bobo65: Na dat Ill bliss ish dey make me laugh, ill bliss has never dropped a punch line b4

You must be joking!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by RomeoRaga(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
headies wifout Banky and J martinz, dat award never strt b dat nah...lol cheesy
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by mikyke(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Headies is just a failed version of grammy. Since no Nigerian artist has any hopes of winning the grammy awards, Headies decided to compensate them with trash! RUBBISH!!!!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by razzyblazing: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hoebinar: Dear headies 2013 organizers,
Let me start by saying i am not just disappointed in you but u have just proved to us that Nigeria is not getting better any time soon. you have been manipulated by a greedy and hopeless telecommunications company (mtn) because they sponsored your event and you forgot the ultimate rule that awards are meant to be impartial and should be decided by the general public especially when u told us to vote. you distributed the awards among 4 mtn ambassadors (iyanya, davido, praiz, and kcee) and just 1 glo ambassador won (waje). Is that not politics or is it coincidence? Now let us analyze.

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event? Oh I forgot, the awards lacked credibility and substance. Why did majority of the winners come from backstage, instead of coming from the crowd like it should be? I watched nickelodeon kids choice awards this year and it is far better than the over hyped headies which was not properly planned and hurriedly done #shame

Can you explain to us how olamide won best rap album? olamide has commercialized rap, we cannot tell if he is a rapper or a singer. As far as i am concerned, he is just an entertainer like dbanj. so where does vector, phyno, reminisce,ice prince and illbliss who represent real hip hop/rap stand? Don’t forget that there is a big difference between commercial rap and real rap. all he sings about is remind us that he is from the street but to be sincere terry g is more street than olamide and terry is not even a rapper #justsaying
How can harry song win most mtn most downloaded caller tune song for rip Mandela? when did Mandela die and do u want to compare that dead song with other club bangers in the same category? Simple, it is because harrysong is a label mate to your mtn ambassador (kcee). In my opinion jawon, waje,2 face, Clarence peters , blackmagic and davido deserved there awards. how can wizkid not win any  award? Someone who has been the most consistent and sought after this year. i am sure wizkid declined an interview from you that’s why he didn't win. in fact wizzy should be the artiste of the year. Why did dbanj, burnaboy, wandecoal, psquare, flavour not win anything? oh i know why, it is because they are Glo ambassadors.
Now explain to me why Sean tizzle won the next rated award and he was in the same category as burna boy who is obviously more relevant and talented. We all know Sean tizzle has the same old boring style and we can always predict his next song. Phyno too deserved the next rated award and how on planet earth did d-tunes win producer of the year? Someone who recycled 1 beat 5 times (kukere, your waist, mama eh,lenu by spicy, kilogbe). so where does ace producer del b that produced the national anthem limpopo stand? You are all insane!!!!!!

Infact, headies, mtn and Pdp should merge and start a new political party for the upcoming election in 2015. it should be named mhdp( mtn headies democratic party). we all know exactly what happened, mtn agreed to sponsor your event and they gave you the list of who should win. our votes did not count; do you think we are blind and foolish like yourself? Instead of your greedy mtn sponsors to improve their network, reduce tariffs and contribute to the growth of the nation, they will be sending me sms on how they gave free ipad and mp3 to those who sent a sms to a code. They spend all their time looking for how to extort customers and scam us with their ridiculous offers (free airplane and a trip to the moon)
i am sorry to say sir but if u continues this way your company will fold up and collapse because you are not an epitome of integrity. i am speaking on behalf of majority of Nigerians who know the truth and are not afraid to say it. those who feel this letter is nonsense should not forget to curse, insult and threaten me on @baddestdjtimmy. after my last 2 open letters, i have been insulted, chewed up, spit out, as being very jobless, hopeless and a broke laptop dj. you guys don’t know how much i love the insults so it means i am doing a good job and it makes me stronger. So in conclusion, if u have the opportunity to host another award show, learn from your mistakes and let our votes count this time. Let those who deserve it win, is that too much to ask?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ

While I don't agree with something mentioned here (iyanya deserves his award), I do agree with most things mentioned. 1. Burna boy is way ahead of sean tizzle by a million miles. 2. When I switched on the tv and saw the event I had to double check if it was a live event in 2013 and not a show from 2002(if there were 'headies' tagged events then) because that was the worst stage I have ever seen at an award event even in my school days. 3. The dancers...let me not get started on that cos even the lightning of the room as well as the camera views were crap. It totally bore me out and I went to bed, no award for psquare, really And then nicki laoye( nice voice) but best female vocalist? I don't think so. The best award which was unquestionable would be best male vocalist, praiz....the list is continous but the truth is headies has lost its relevance. If they want to keep it running then a lot will have to change. I pity those who bought tickets to that event, I hope they went with some chewing gum....lol
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Yungprince(m): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dj jimmy ejoelejo #smellows
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by bobo65(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
airmark:

You must be joking!

Abeg tell me one punch line wey dat fat bastard ill bliss don drop, d guy is so whack, ppl dat diss yung6ix called him(yung6ix) d hungrier version of ill bliss
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by countsparrow: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash

What u did, does it make sense to u Otu!!!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by hyzicbond(m): 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
bobo65:

Abeg tell me one punch line wey dat fat bastard ill bliss don drop, d guy is so whack, ppl dat diss yung6ix called him(yung6ix) d hungrier version of ill bliss

u sure say u don use ur drug today?
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by LordPherule(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash

Nut head

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
lol.....People fail to understand that you shouldn't rely on an award where people win by voting!

There are lots of sites these days where you buy votes for a fee. And the funny thing is; the insecure ones are the ones who engage in such paroles, so they get to win!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
speedyboi: lol.....People fail to understand that you shouldn't rely on an award where people win by voting!

There are lots of sites these days where you buy votes for a fee. And the funny thing is; the insecure ones are the ones who engage in such paroles, so they get to win!

You're alive! cheesy. Thank God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lil Kesh - "Rora" (Video) / Ice-Prince Cried After He Was Nominated For This Year’s Bet Awards / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.