Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,789 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 (22291 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Winners Of The Headies Awards 2013 & pictures (updates) / The Headies Awards 2013 Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by kapulski: 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Nawa 4 we Nigerians sef noting eva pleases us,what more do u want dis guy just talking trash saying only olamide sings commecial rap listen 2 ursef tak phyno,reminice n iceprince u mentioned sing hard core shey as least u mentioned rap evn if u put grammer in front,dude I have a suggestion 4 uy if u wanna get popuular just get naked n post it 2 youtube n just imagine aw viral it would go unda just mins..evn if dey had their faults they tried jo

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by ZBZDGaffer(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ok, I hope I'm not the only one tired of these open letters . . . So here's an Open Letter to 'Open Letter' - http://gistoscope./2013/12/27/an-open-letter-to-open-letter/ Enjoy grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Bleszin(f): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2013
I hate 2much noise....headies 4 jst pack all d award gv 2FACE because na only am dey make sense 4 9ja muzik....dis headies na dust
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2013
Nomski0:

You're alive! cheesy. Thank God!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. You've missed me, Haven't you wink kiss
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Timoleon(m): 12:54am On Dec 31, 2013
Quite frankly, I didn't watch the headies cause I don't give a squat about most nigerian aritstes they hardly ever know jack about music theory yet they all feel they deserve awards. These artistes, other than branding and managment technique, rarely have any differences from each other. All of them are into cheap commercial music. Lastly, to all agrieved fans here, I would appreciate the bitterness if some of made arguments like "I voted 100times for burna boy, he ought to win" that way it would be easy convincing others of a probable foul play.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Florena(f): 12:58am On Dec 31, 2013
I've always wondered what happened to tuface's album "home and beyond", tracks like higher spiritual healing, bother you and most especially "dance in the rain" didn't get nominations and orezi's track rihanna, what a lovely song!!
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by greggng: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2013
I think tonto dike would ve been given the best artist of the year cos a dj was beaten up for refusing to play her song. That shows how popular her song is. I am ready for any attack this oppinion might attract
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 31, 2013
How many if you here voted? Next time vote and stop whining undecided
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Rick9(m): 1:32am On Dec 31, 2013
Ehen i Knew it, i said it, so those Producers Recycle Beats i was suspecting them before but i decided to seal ♍Ɣ Lips. Songs like this
Ghost Mode and Man Of The Year --- Recycled Beat
Penthouz

Limpopo , Okoso --- Recycled Beats By Del B

Emi Ni Baller , Baddest Boy --- Recycled Beats by Legendury Beat

Correct i Don catch Dem. But weti i go do dem na i never know.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by abatically(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2013
I don't even care about who won or not. The most annoying part of the show was the mediocre live performance displayed by the artists. I mean how can an artist go smoke weed backstage and then come to the stage and perform nonsense. Olamide was virtually miming, his voice was not even syncing with the music. Same thing with all other artists. I have said it before, we need to wake up in this country and start boycotting shows or boo and throw things are those stewpid artists when they come to mime and lip sync on stage. They are paid huge amount of money to perform on stage and they come to mime for us with their CD playing. We can as well hire a DJ to just spin the turntables instead. Just look at davido on stage.. SHAME. I have watched live performance outside the country and u get to enjoy a real live performance, definitely not the trash we are being given in this country. Its left for us fans to stand up against them, if they know they can't give a real live performance then we should stop watching them. I prefer watching a live highlife performance than these so called hip hop .

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by EmemGeeInc(m): 7:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Well said @0p,i knew 4rm d vewi start dat headies dis yr will be trash cuz d headies i knw of nrmally cmes up b4 Dec even b4 Nov so mr ayo&his wrkerz rilly Bleep'd up on dis1..talkin' of d winners sme of 'em didn't deserve d awards..cwiously speaking ah aint happy dat pple cn bcus of wah dey wanna gain dat will nt last cn jes 4git 2be truthful 2'em selves...4does who said illbliss aka illy aint a real hiphop rapper mst be a learner,b4 rap acts like vector,olamide,yung6ix,phyno etc came in2 d scene twuz rappers like illy dat was doing hiphop sh!t in 9ja..av u 4gotin (aye po gan)bcus he has decided 2switch lanes a bit 2mainstream hiphop u say he's nt a real rapper..even rap king of 9ja modo has of recent bin dropping comm rap music so niqqaz up here in NL berra knw wah yo saying cuz rap music has 2sides,mainstreamRapMusic&undagroundRapMusic of wich mst 9ja rapperz r doin commercial rap music(mainstream)...git dat sh!t dick heads
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Savigne(f): 7:08am On Dec 31, 2013
Abegi all dese pple defending dese mumu headies pple shld ansa me
So wizkid's fans dint vote too?
So, "Caro" On top ur matter" "20 man" cudn't win any awards?
I'm nt a big fan of Nigerian music,bt dey all sing d same trash so y shld Wizzy's top-selling trash not win any awards?
Nd "Alingo" as song of d year?;Are u for real? Nt even "Personally"sef..
Abeg lemme stop here,b4 I start talking like twil provide my breakfast.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by chiwuike20: 8:26am On Dec 31, 2013
ajasa4link: The author of this trash is just a bitter niggar who will complain about everything that doesn't go his way ,just making baseless accusations. The problem is people like him think they know everything when they actually know next to nothing. Hear him call Don jazzy and tiwa savage " mavin slaves " as if any of his family members is half as successful as the two stars are.
Even a deaf man knows olamide's Ybnl is the most successful rap album in the period under review (mid 2012 - June 2013), but our bitter friend here will not agree with that and even accuse olamide of commercializing rap when in fact,reminisce,vector, phyno and his other hyped thin God are guilty of the same offence. And for u to even consider ice prince as what rap represents says a whole lot about what u know about hiphop.
For God's sake,stop asking the dumb question why this or that artist did not win the award,the answer is simple; BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U DID NOT VOTE FOR UR CHOICE,BUT WILL RATHER COMPLAIN WHEN UR ARTIST OF CHOICE DID NOT WIN ANYTHING.
Saying some artists won the award because they were mtn ambassadors is just a baseless conspiracy theory because there u have waje to negate ur claim.
Yeah,the organisers had some flops coming from their end,but spreading a conspiracy theory because u don't agree with final outcome of the awards is damn irresponsible of u.

LAST BULLET: stop saying u speak for majority of Nigerians who know the truth because u don't know shiit, u are just.a bitter unsuccessful dude trying to sell ur beer parlor talk to us as fact.
It seems u made an unbiased argument, but unless u explain why wizkid, davido, and dbanj didn't win a single award, u make urself a biased and emotional critic
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by chiwuike20: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2013
dellynike: for an artiste to win next rated,he mustnt have an album yet.Burna boy has an album already..hence his loss.
Is that d case? Huh? Why was he nominated in d 1st place?
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by ajasa4link: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2013
chiwuike20:
It seems u made an unbiased argument, but unless u explain why wizkid, davido, and dbanj didn't win a single award, u make urself a biased and emotional critic
Did u see d nominees list? I guess u didn't. most of these artists u mentioned were not nominated at all, so they couldn't have won without being nominated. It's not in my responsibility to explain their absence from the nominees list,but according to the official account given by d award organisers,those nominated were those songs that rocked between mid 2012 to June 2013.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by chiwuike20: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2013
ajasa4link:
Did u see d nominees list? I guess u didn't. most of these artists u mentioned were not nominated at all, so they couldn't have won without being nominated. It's not in my responsibility to explain their absence from the nominees list,but according to the official account given by d award organisers,those nominated were those songs that rocked between mid 2012 to June 2013.
I like ur reply man, detailed without friend-enemy point of view. Well done. I apologize 4 my words and tone towards ur initial post
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by ajasa4link: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2013
chiwuike20:
I like ur reply man, detailed without friend-enemy point of view. Well done. I apologize 4 my words and tone towards ur initial post
No probs man... cheers mate.. happy new year in advance
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by chimauk(m): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2013
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash
e no go better for u
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Djpump92: 9:59am On Dec 31, 2013
WAT ABOUT MR MAY D AND OSKIDO
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by tomtyte02(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Well the OP cant b completely right. Tiwa savage nd Dr Sid nd bad as anchors for d event. Olamides YBNL album deserved d award. *even d deaf nd dumb knw that*. I think if Burna Boy was actually given d Award,issues no go dey too mch abt dis years headies. Wait,did i see Alingo wining ahead Limpopo? Chai....Democracy in Hip Hop world. #teamBurna
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Sike(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Who cares. As long as my own "Baddo" keeps scattering the street.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nelrulez(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Well, Headies really had their flops truly cuz I wasn't really impressed with the whole set up, it was more like they lacked preparation, but I still believe they can do better next time...
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Micyril: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2013
magicfingers009: Most Nigerian artistes sing crap tho'. Giving music awards to those who don't know jack about Music Theory is the height of mediocrity. Check out those who win Grammy awards and there adept knowledge about music. Una never start.
Most or all of dem can't even play instruments.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
U just a fuckin freaking person dude dj Bleep u or wat is ur name is olamide nd mtn ambass or wat re u talking bt idiot u comparing olamide nd terry g Bleep ur wide mouth u better focus on ur dj or do sum thing better dan lookin anoda persons mistake dat is human for u dj Bleep u or dj wat lolz
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Ak101(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
the organizers of the award did very well. they rated last yr album nt dis yr. somebody was talking of personally is dis yr.olamide deserve d award only d hall an stage was too poor. thank
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by moufan: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
chimauk: e no go better for u
oloriburuku,oloshi, *GO AND DIE *
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by osadhordy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
contactmorak: But Wizkd is an Mtn ambassador and he didn't win an award. It's not about MTN abeg!
True talk jawre my guy
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by mikkylonex: 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
magicfingers009: Most Nigerian artistes sing crap tho'. Giving music awards to those who don't know jack about Music Theory is the height of mediocrity. Check out those who win Grammy awards and there adept knowledge about music. Una never start.
ko kan aye
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by hyzicbond(m): 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
@op the only issue I can point out is poor organization. The setup, live broadcast are all bunch of crap, on the issue who deserve or not i think 70% of the winner deserve it. In the year of review iyanya release three massive club bangers and also release a very good album he deserve the artiste of the year and as per best rap artiste I will give it to olamide any time any day he's the most consistent rap artist in Nigeria for the past 18 month.

Nb*** the most of the award is determined by the voter so it's easy for Sean tizzles to organize peeps to vote for him he can even donate more than 50k just to vote alone remember there is a car involved, and for burna who is angry did he want to tell us he didn't his peeps to vote massively for him? Make he go sit down joor.. I voted thrice for olamide to be the best rapper am happy my vote count.

****Remember a man's food is another man's poison****
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by hyzicbond(m): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Point of correction limpopo is the song of the year not alingo
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by puppy2k(m): 12:51am On Jan 01, 2014
Truth is that . The headies or the headed is a tribalised affair.I have known dat long ago. They favour artists from one side of the west side. You see psquare and co for there? them fit come o. But them know how the thing dey go. Them know say na tribalism dey worry them . yeye people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lil Kesh - "Rora" (Video) / Ice-Prince Cried After He Was Nominated For This Year’s Bet Awards / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.