Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... (26478 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Photo: Apc Church Now In Aba / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by LeSaint(m): 1:33am On Dec 30, 2013
martyns303:
We all believe in something, that's what makes us humans. So pardon Madam President for being human.

She can be "human" in her own time! Being in State House is serious business, and it is for serious minded people.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by LeSaint(m): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2013
Abel202:

[b]My dear let me home you in on how economics, politics and religion mix here:
Israel for example reaps a huge chunk of their revenue from religious tourism. People coming to visit all those sites and places written in the bible spend money on hotels, airfairs, transportation and a host of other things. Mind you most Isreali citizens are not Christians, they practice Judaism. But the christian sites are bringing the government and people of Isreal great revenue, the economy is booming and the people are happy. Saudi Arabia is also reaping immensely on religious tourism. Egypt is also reaping immensely on that, including Turkey and many other countries.
Now, If you ask immigration officials at Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos, they will inform you that a larger percentage of foreigners who visit Lagos and Nigeria are heading to the Synagogue Church of All Nations. People of all categories including sitting and former heads of states, top politicians, great musicians, footballers, artists, ordinary people etc visit this church on a regular bases.
Hotels and attisans in that Ikotun Egbe Axis where the church is situated are already having a swell time in business. Including transport companies etc. But that axis is not the best part of Lagos, so there is not much space for expansion.
If the Lagos state government for example relocates them to a more spacious environment, where more hotels, and a lot of facilities can be built, I tell you Nigerians, the Lagos state government and the Nigerian government will reap much more benefits from this.
Of course these hotels pay taxes, the transport companies pay taxes, the restaurants pay taxes. Employment opportunities are created as a chain reaction and crime is reduced invariably. I could go on and on. The positive multiplier effect on the economy is just too great for any reasonable government to ignore[/b]

Agree with your economic analysis. But how long do you think that show will go on for, before the bubble bursts on the scam? There have been precedents, you know. For examples, Father Elele down SE, Oral Roberts and a couple of others in the USA.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by brinell(m): 2:15am On Dec 30, 2013
Abel202, with this kind of your perspective on this thread, honestly we need more of you on Nairaland. We severally complain of our leaders, yet we exhibit even worse attitudes here. Simply because we do not believe in what others believe and what works for them, we just go ahead and condemn beyond measure. Well, if you know how well people's lives have changed for good through Prophet T.B. Joshua and his ministry, you probably wouldn't be attacking him (not that the criticisms have any effect anyway). Some people, however, could be hell-bent on sticking to their old stand even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. There is so much intolerance in us, yet we all cry and want to move forward. It never occurred to critics of Prophet T.B. Joshua that rather than diminish, the church population is ever growing and bringing more revenue and employment to Lagos State/Nigeria and changing our bad image outside the country.

Honestly, if we are tolerant, more responsible and fair citizens, but differ in belief with the Prophet, we could at least acknowledge his contributions to society. Helping the needy, developing a football team that brought out some Nigeria's best at the national level, massive scholarships to many students home and abroad (even in your schools, up to PhD levels), sponsoring and improving the lives of our Paralympic sportsmen and women, creating an outlet with an arm of UN for employment and scholarships (just ask), attracting foreign heads of states (about 9) and other top guys (even world wrestlers WWA), thus helping to change our bad 419 image abroad, etc. The point here is that we complain bitterly about our situation, yet we do not encourage ourselves, we just keep attacking and destroying our own that outsiders cherish. So, fellow Nairalanders, tell me how we can grow in Nigeria? Peace: seeing the other side, the other view.... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Chrisx1x: are u saying we shouldnt believe or worship jesus,END TIME AGENT OF DARKNESS

use your commonsense. Cant you see?

You are worshiping a man!
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by leofab(f): 5:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Give it up for Ilu{mu}gu.nboy the crowned tribalist for 2013.. he
has displaced Bluetooth and Oduaboy..

1 Like

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=solomon111]These are the kinds of morøns governing the affairs of african nations.
No wonder,the continent is still in the dark ages.[What do u mean, that its nt good right, that's why u are senseless.]
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by jarkata(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Abel202: [b]Prophet T.B.Joshua is God's wonderful gift to Nigeria and the world at large.
Wise, Smart and intelligent people have long realised this and they do not joke with this great prophet of our time.
Thousands of People come from every part of the globe to visit the Synagogue Church of All Nations on a regular bases. Even more Millions of people tune in to Emmanuel TV to have the presence of God through the man of God in their lives.
However inconsequencial people who have no experience in life and do not even understand what life is all about sit here on Nairaland and have the audacity to condemn this annointed man of God. May God forgive you people for your ignorance.
If this great man of God was an American, I guess the American government would have built a city for him because the number of people who visit this country en route to the Synagogue is almost like pilgrimage already.
I hope the Lagos/Nigerian government including the Nigerian people realises what wonderful gift God has given us in the name of this hugely blessed but very humble man of God called T.B.Joshua.[/b]
u r very correct,prophet tbj is a blessing to our generation imagine for every 10 immigrants dat visit nigeria 6 immigrants visit scoan according to nigeria emmigration startistics,and emmanuel tv is the most watch programme on internet.it get watin president uma'r yaradua see b4 he gave tbj an award for his contribution towards d economy and for his humanitarian services,dis year alone he predicted the haevy storm typhoon haiyan in philippine and it happened,recently in november he predicted crises in a country very close to kenya and wot do we see happening to south sudan presently,is south sudan not close to kenya? Just at d boarder of kenya.alot i cant just mention.nigerians dont know wot dey have,nigeria is so bless in many arears

2 Likes

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by jarkata(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2013
@pastor tolu,just tune to emmanuel tv and see a lot of so called men of God and pastors dat got deliverance @ scoan.for nigeria self who dey no dey criticize? Pickin wey dey inside womb dem dey criticize am talkless of a popular prophet across d world.if u dey listen to critics u no go fit do anything for naija.if u get money dem got criticize,if u no get dem go still criticize,nothing wey u go do wey dem no go criticize
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by GentleFrank(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by jarkata(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
@pastor tolu,just tune to emmanuel tv and see a lot of so called men of God and pastors dat got deliverance @ scoan.for nigeria self who dey no dey criticize? Pickin wey dey inside womb dem dey criticize am talkless of a popular prophet across d world.if u dey listen to critics u no go fit do anything for naija.if u get money dem got criticize,if u no get dem go still criticize,nothing wey u go do wey dem no go criticize.

1 Like

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by alobright1010: 8:48am On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: These are the kinds of morøns governing the affairs of african nations.
No wonder,the continent is still in the dark ages.

you call people slowpoke for visiting a man of God ? what made you think you are not a mad man?
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by AmMee(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2013
WITH A LOVING AND A CARING HEART, I BEG ALL DOES WHO DOUBT THE POWER AND THE GRACE UPON THE MAN OF GOD TBJ, TO JUST TAKEOUT TIME TO WATCH EMMANUEL TV. I BELIEVE YOUR MIND SET WILL CHANGE .

THANKS.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by alobright1010: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Sylvarresta: Abeg wait am cumn bak to comment, want to buy Garri and Cold pure water coolAbeg wait am cumn bak to comment, want to buy Garri and Cold pure water
let that be for you keep buying them ok
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by Samunique(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Lovine: Is that the only thing you saw in the Synagogue? What about the South Sudan delegate and the letter from the South Sudan President to the Great Prophet of the world? Haters will cry out blood.
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by jacksol(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2013
brinell: Abel202, with this kind of your perspective on this thread, honestly we need more of you on Nairaland. We severally complain of our leaders, yet we exhibit even worse attitudes here. Simply because we do not believe in what others believe and what works for them, we just go ahead and condemn beyond measure. Well, if you know how well people's lives have changed for good through Prophet T.B. Joshua and his ministry, you probably wouldn't be attacking him (not that the criticisms have any effect anyway). Some people, however, could be hell-bent on sticking to their old stand even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. There is so much intolerance in us, yet we all cry and want to move forward. It never occurred to critics of Prophet T.B. Joshua that rather than diminish, the church population is ever growing and bringing more revenue and employment to Lagos State/Nigeria and changing our bad image outside the country.

Honestly, if we are tolerant, more responsible and fair citizens, but differ in belief with the Prophet, we could at least acknowledge his contributions to society. Helping the needy, developing a football team that brought out some Nigeria's best at the national level, massive scholarships to many students home and abroad (even in your schools, up to PhD levels), sponsoring and improving the lives of our Paralympic sportsmen and women, creating an outlet with an arm of UN for employment and scholarships (just ask), attracting foreign heads of states (about 9) and other top guys (even world wrestlers WWA), thus helping to change our bad 419 image abroad, etc. The point here is that we complain bitterly about our situation, yet we do not encourage ourselves, we just keep attacking and destroying our own that outsiders cherish. So, fellow Nairalanders, tell me how we can grow in Nigeria? Peace: seeing the other side, the other view.... smiley

i've been moved to comment by the passion and tenacity with whichyou've tried to portray critics of T.B. Joshua as callous and irresponsible people. Although some people are fond of uncouth language. I'll try to tell you that some critics do it out of a sense of responsibility and concern for societal wellbeing.
One truth is, in everything that goes on there will be gainers and loosers. Another thing is this; that a trend or event is popular or has mass following doesn't mean it can't be equally detrimental to society.
You talked about the changed lives (your claims).
Maybe the problem is no one has done a thorough expose on those changed lives you spoke about. I mean a factual before and after documentary on those lives. Such a report would include doctor's testimonies, patient's background including friends and family etc. I mean mainstream media-quality expose. It's something of such tremendous public interest that a station like Channels would like to cover.
The truth is that some of us are just more practical minded than others. You can call it critical rationalism. That's the mentality that keeps the world and society on an even keel, and brings about the the developments you enjoy.
Some of us are also aware and are more concerned about a greater majority whose lives have been adversely affected by blind devotion to these pursuits. I know of people who liquidated their assets to go camp out for weeks and months waiting in vain for a miracle at TBJ's or some others' shrine. I don't know of anybody on the other side you referred to.
So there are philanthropic deeds, but where did the money come from? From people of course, most of whom could ill afford to give it out. The net effect is the impoverishment of a vast majority.
Don't think that people just criticise or run down others for fun or out of malice. Many of us "critics" just want to see a better society, just like you do.
I would personally love for miracle healing to be real and true and for TBJ to be genuine, but unfortunately it's not up to me - nor is it up to you the believers.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by Abel202: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2013
dinggle:

Why relocate the church? why not expand and provide befitting roads all over Ikotun, security and 24 hrs electricity. Nothing prevents the govt of Lagos state from Establishing their own hotel at Ikotun or empowering citizens to build standard affordable hotels. Yes I concur to govt turning Ikotun to a religious Mecca for tourism. Ikotun Egbe requires a flyover bridge. It is only in Nigeria people think about uprooting landmarks, as dangerous as Israel is no one has advocated relocation of their religious tourism site or even mecca during its peak, no one has suggest that it be relocated to the deep desert. Mind you the Saudis have the money to rebuild mecca from the desert. Instead of polishing Ikotun you are advocating relocation of a landmark church. Mind you no other city in Nigeria has the kind of popularity Ikotun has outside the shores of Nigeria, Where Nigeria failed Ikotun can help rebrand Nigeria.

My dear, I think I buy your suggestion. My earlier post that you quoted was also a suggestion. It is by no means a must do. All I just wanted to say is that we have a great brand in T.B.Joshua/the Synagogue Church. And that it's high time the Lagos state/Nigerian government realise this and map out a strategy to reap maximum benefit from this great brand.
If there is room for expansion in that Ikotun Egbe axis and building of flyovers and better facilities etc, that would be more ideal than relocation.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by brinell(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jacksol thanks for your post, and you have made me comment thrice on a thread. I understand your view and is well noted. Honestly, if we have this kind of level playing and tolerant views here, we can actually proffer solutions to fix our challenges. But you and I know that intolerance is high. I just viewed the Wole Soyinka daughter's death thread and was shocked by the horrible comments. I traced it to grudges people had when both GEJ and Madam Patience lost their relatives and the resultant harsh comments. I didn't support Soyinka's one-on-one with Madam Patience, but the present harsh comments on his late daughter by some contributors are also harsh. Abi na Moses law we they use here?

Just know one thing, the same man of God (Prophet T.B. Joshua) people may harshly criticise could be the life saver of many others. So in our individual disagreements, we must have a common agreement to progress. Just imagine, if all the big ministries (churches) come together in the name of Jesus Christ(for Christians) and pray and work together for this country rather than fighting each other. Just imagine..... Peace.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by kycegreat: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
That you do not believe in something does not make it irrelevant.
Most people that criticize Prophet T.B Joshua can not give you any reason rather than
hear say.
But please do not involve the wrought of God...Do not judge so that you
will not be judged.
If all the men of God gave out half of what the Prophet T.B Joshua is giving
I think Nigeria will be great.
I rest me case.
@PAGAN NJA u need help seriously
Please take a look at your life you will see u need help seriously
and worst of all...you do nor seem to know u need help...
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by kycegreat: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
jacksol:

i've been moved to comment by the passion and tenacity with whichyou've tried to portray critics of T.B. Joshua as callous and irresponsible people. Although some people are fond of uncouth language. I'll try to tell you that some critics do it out of a sense of responsibility and concern for societal wellbeing.
One truth is, in everything that goes on there will be gainers and loosers. Another thing is this; that a trend or event is popular or has mass following doesn't mean it can't be equally detrimental to society.
You talked about the changed lives (your claims).
Maybe the problem is no one has done a thorough expose on those changed lives you spoke about. I mean a factual before and after documentary on those lives. Such a report would include doctor's testimonies, patient's background including friends and family etc. I mean mainstream media-quality expose. It's something of such tremendous public interest that a station like Channels would like to cover.
The truth is that some of us are just more practical minded than others. You can call it critical rationalism. That's the mentality that keeps the world and society on an even keel, and brings about the the developments you enjoy.
Some of us are also aware and are more concerned about a greater majority whose lives have been adversely affected by blind devotion to these pursuits. I know of people who liquidated their assets to go camp out for weeks and months waiting in vain for a miracle at TBJ's or some others' shrine. I don't know of anybody on the other side you referred to.
So there are philanthropic deeds, but where did the money come from? From people of course, most of whom could ill afford to give it out. The net effect is the impoverishment of a vast majority.
Don't think that people just criticise or run down others for fun or out of malice. Many of us "critics" just want to see a better society, just like you do.
I would personally love for miracle healing to be real and true and for TBJ to be genuine, but unfortunately it's not up to me - nor is it up to you the believers.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by Elmos: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
akinvest: T.B JOSHUA is a 1dafu man of God, but we Nigerians does not value him, i respect d man 2 b candid.
This is one of the few analysis here that make sense, let me add to what you said, shops around the church now go for #5000.00 per sunday, which translate to #20,000.00 per month for the owner, think about it, without the church what do you think the shop will worth? If am given the mandate, I will generate about 100,000 job because of TB JOSHUA. I will tell you again this, don't ask me my source for I will not reveal it at this time, T B Joshua was in United States here about two months ago, for the first time, and for only four days, he came to convinced several industrialist who are member of his church to come and invest in Nigeria, and for sure HE had the ear of Uncle Obama. He is doing more for Nigeria economy than some of our political leaders.

1 Like

Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by batuns247yahoo(m): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2014
A Prophet is not honoured in his our nation, may God open the eye's of our leaders understanding to hear what the spirit of the Lord is saying through the anointed servant Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua. happy new year.
Re: Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... by ik4life: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2014
TB Joshua is a blessing to nigeria,africa and the whole world at large. EMMANUEL.......GOD is with us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.