Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc (63960 Views)

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics / Hnd Is Better Than Bsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by jollyqu: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
You can covert your HND tO BSC in a UK university with 12 to 18 months online course. You don't have to travel out and the certificate will get you a good job in Nigeria.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 8:03am On Jan 06, 2014
jollyqu: You can covert your HND tO BSC in a UK university with 12 to 18 months online course. You don't have to travel out and the certificate will get you a good job in Nigeria.
really, how is that done please
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Walexz02:
you see your life? did I made mention that I took the courses during my hnd programme
they are cousres taken for ND programme.. you guys should fuccking stop being bias and face reality ok?
ure even contradicting urself, ah dnt even no wat ure saying again, cuz ah wonder wen u want uni guys to undergo those courses
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Walexsammy: , bro I was taught all those courses in my 200Level....these are general course all Engineering student must undergo in the 2nd year (Note: am talking strictly abt my own school) in 4th year ure already getting into ur departmental courses...except for few borrowed courses
You see what you posted first ?
Walexsammy: ure even contradicting urself, ah dnt even no wat ure saying again, cuz ah wonder wen u want uni guys to undergo those courses
You are the one who don't know what you are saying since you can't understand that ND1 and ND2 is equivalent to 100 and 200level
It is crystal clear that some guys here are just bias..Nigerians sha, they will know the truth but will prefer otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Walexz02:
You see what you posted first ?

You are the one who don't know what you are saying since you can't understand that ND1 and ND2 is equivalent to 100 and 200level
It is crystal clear that some guys here are just bias..Nigerians sha, they will know the truth but will prefer otherwise.
lols, everytin u did in ND 1 and 2, I did in jst my year 2 and ure still argueing?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walexsammy: lols, everytin u did in ND 1 and 2, I did in jst my year 2 and ure still argueing?
tell him the truth

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walexsammy: lols, everytin u did in ND 1 and 2, I did in jst my year 2 and ure still argueing?
so, how does that change the fact that ND2 is equivalent to 200level if at all you are saying the truth

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
zebra: tell him the truth
what truth again?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexsammy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Walexz02:
so, how does that change the fact that ND2 is equivalent to 200level if at all you are saying the truth
...equivalent?.......lols, I tot we are talking abt HND here?, more ova am nt even talking of some courses we did in year 1
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Walexsammy: ...equivalent?.......lols, I tot we are talking abt HND here?, more ova am nt even talking of some courses we did in year 1
ND2 is 200 levels in d polytechnic system. I did linear algebra in ND2 in poly and in d university i also did it in 200 levels. I did math mthds I in ND2 and also did same mth mthds I in 200 levels in the uni.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by walezy14(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
kazyhm:
Dis is a well dressed lie (probably in a wedding gown)
Hw, whr, wen
R civil engrs surveyors ?
U rmind me of my D. E colleagues den
All of dem dn't even undastand d uni. system
Dey first crash wen dey face tough exam questns
Only our unconditional LOVE revived some of dem out of thr graves

The truth is bitter. All my examples listed were facts not stories.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by walezy14(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
destino24:

If you don't like it that way, write JAMB and get admission into a university, ah ah. After all, they are the same

Even if i will go to university, not in Nigeria and not at undergraduate level. Msc in Standard UK University and not in Naija versity with obsolete and rotten curriculum
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Walexz02:

and he is not saying the truth! I just checked those courses and they looked like specialization courses for Agric Engineering! If i hear say someone did it in 200 level. 200level includes courses in 'General Engineering' picked from various departments and offered by every Engineering student in 200level - that's what you guys did in ND1.....perhaps. It's in 300l that the students go different ways and concentrate on their departments - And that's what that guy is doing in ND2.

All uni graduates on thread, sorry for busting your bubbles. I'm just a person who doesn't try to peddle lies just to support what's mine. I support how things should be done! It doesn't matter if I'm even on the other side.

====>I just had to come back to this thread grin grin grin grin.....Just to catch any uni student that tries to lie! grin grin grin grin grin. I'm supporting Poly graduates! #TeamPolyIsEquivalent tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
speedyboi:

and he is not saying the truth! I just checked those courses and they looked like specialization courses for Agric Engineering! If i hear say someone did it in 200 level. 200level includes courses in 'General Engineering' picked from various departments and offered by every Engineering student in 200level - that's what you guys did in ND1.....perhaps. It's in 300l that the students go different ways and concentrate on their departments - And that's what that guy is doing in ND2.

All uni graduates on thread, sorry for busting your bubbles. I'm just a person who doesn't try to peddle lies just to support what's mine. I support how things should be done! It doesn't matter if I'm even on the other side.

====>I just had to come back to this thread grin grin grin grin.....Just to catch any uni student that tries to lie! grin grin grin grin grin. I'm supporting Poly graduates! #TeamPolyIsEquivalent tongue tongue tongue
Thanx for saying the truth; though it's a bitter pill to swallow.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
speedyboi:

well done jare...
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by destino24(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2014
walezy14:

Even if i will go to university, not in Nigeria and not at undergraduate level. Msc in Standard UK University and not in Naija versity with obsolete and rotten curriculum

Oga relax, the thread has gone cold
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by tosyne2much(m): 2:04am On Jul 06, 2014
zebra: A lot of people today do not want polytechnic education not because it's not good, but because of the discrimination against it by university graduates. The main question is why are the university graduates always afraid of the polytechnic graduates? Where are they always quick to say that poly HND is not equivalent to a Degree, even when it was meant to be so? Why are poly HND graduates who are given the opportunity to compete with Degree holders always meet expectations of doing well? Why is it that Nigerian HND holders who are doing Masters programs in some foreign countries with their Nigerian Bsc holders are also doing well and coping with the programs?
. U ar a man of wisdom
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by tosyne2much(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2014
rckdude:

Your post is just too long and quite tiresome. But you have this strong passion for what you believe in. That's good I'd advice you turn that passion into actions. If more HND holders worked their ways to the zenith of the corporate pyramid, then they should be able to end this prejudice. Because I think the only reason we have it like this is because employers of labour are B.sc holders. So stop the whining and go all out.
If I was in the position to employ, HND or B.sc would not even come up, its what you can deliver. But sorry I have not assumed such position and power. Its up to you guys.
May God reward all your efforts and labour.
u ar a man of wisdom
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by meetgentry: 5:21am On Aug 16, 2014
see below
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by meetgentry: 5:34am On Aug 16, 2014
@ Everybody because we are in a confused nation where things are being done with ambiguity and i have never seen any blue print by Nigeria Government to say which is better by virtue of placement in Govt establishment HND & Bsc start with GL 08 ST 02 please ask the confussionists what is the difference and some even argued that when it comes to practical HND is better so which one is superior then? When it comes to emolument those that attended health related institutions are well paid than most master holders in other fields. If I may ask a farmer (crop production scientist) who plants to feed the health-workers didn't he or she deserved to be paid well because no food no life so all depends on the attention or recognition, it was not like that before but when Gowon was the head of state he started the policy to favor his wife like our president's wife who is a PS in her state how can we justify all these.

NOT ONLY WES my friend is in one of the best university in Moscow he used his HND for Master programme and he was giving scholarship for Phd programme during the course of his master programme his HND certificate was evaluated to Russian Degree it read Btech and trust Russia they will never use WES or US standard this is another sources
It is high time we stopped fooling ourselves with this mentality

Like Toyota slogan "Yon shinai yon kangai" Good thinking good product
HND or Bsc what matters is the stuff individual is made of

2 Likes

Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by tosyne2much(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2014
meetgentry: @ Everybody because we are in a confused nation where things are being done with ambiguity and i have never seen any blue print by Nigeria Government to say which is better by virtue of placement in Govt establishment HND & Bsc start with GL 08 ST 02 please ask the confussionists what is the difference and some even argued that when it comes to practical HND is better so which one is superior then? When it comes to emolument those that attended health related institutions are well paid than most master holders in other fields. If I may ask a farmer (crop production scientist) who plants to feed the health-workers didn't he or she deserved to be paid well because no food no life so all depends on the attention or recognition, it was not like that before but when Gowon was the head of state he started the policy to favor his wife like our president's wife who is a PS in her state how can we justify all these.

NOT ONLY WES my friend is in one of the best university in Moscow he used his HND for Master programme and he was giving scholarship for Phd programme during the course of his master programme his HND certificate was evaluated to Russian Degree it read Btech and trust Russia they will never use WES or US standard this is another sources
It is high time we stopped fooling ourselves with this mentality

Like Toyota slogan "Yon shinai yon kangai" Good thinking good product
HND or Bsc what matters is the stuff individual is made of
gbaaaaaam !! May u live long my broda
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by johe58: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
some people here are claiming,polytechnies are beta dan universities,buh y'all know its a lie..y did u choose poly as ur last resort..even i know poly lecturers,who prayed neva 2 send dier children 2 d skul...university is greater dan poly...y?cos dats where proffessors are born
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2014
^^
your own thinking abi? weldone..
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by smartdave1: 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
I learnt that Bsc, *Beng* and *Btech* are types of degree an engineer is awarded upon graduation. Now this is my question: what is the difference b/w Btech and Beng? Which is more valuable?

Pls i'll like to get a detailed answer. Plsssss!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 7:57am On Oct 07, 2014
smartdave1:
I learnt that Bsc, *Beng* and *Btech* are types of degree an engineer is awarded upon graduation. Now this is my question: what is the difference b/w Btech and Beng? Which is more valuable?

Pls i'll like to get a detailed answer. Plsssss!
In nigeria, Beng is more valued than Btech, but basically Btech is ahead of Beng even in the workforce. If we have two graduates who graduate thesame year one having Btech and the other Beng, the former will be a step ahead of the later( i meant a level ahead) when employed as civil servants. I prefar Btech cool
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by smartdave1: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Walexz02:

In nigeria, Beng is more valued than Btech, but basically Btech is ahead of Beng even in the workforce. If we have two graduates who graduate thesame year one having Btech and the other Beng, the former will be a step ahead of the later( i meant a level ahead) when employed as civil servants. I prefar Btech cool
10k you, boss!
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by elbee56(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
dejt4u:

so wat are u nw clamourin for? Since they are nt d same in any means, they shldnt be d same in certification.. Bsc,Ba,Btech nd Bedu can neva be d same thing as HND in Nigeria..

You are just too timid, which school did you even graduate from that makes you doubt what WES confirmed. Hmmmm
This is a BSc holder o
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
elbee56:

You are just too timid, which school did you even graduate from that makes you doubt what WES confirmed. Hmmmm
This is a BSc holder o
Don't blame him alone. Many graduates in Nigeria do not know what WES stands for or what they do.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
Look at Jelani Aliyu who designs cars for General Motors in the US. He left the university to study in the polytechnic because the university curriculum was too theoretical and doesn't meet his needs. He wanted something practical and opted for polytechnic education. Today Nigerian polytechnic products are honored and respected by Americans and the rest of the world, while Nigerians look down at them.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2015
^^
I think the ones who reason well are now coming back to their senses especially some private sectors.. Nigerians would soon realize and come back to what they have missed and still missing.
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by zebra(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Walexz02:
^^
I think the ones who reason well are now coming back to their senses especially some private sectors.. Nigerians would soon realize and come back to what they have missed and still missing.
imagine how university engineering graduates look down at their counterparts from the polytechnics. They claim they are the designers while the poly guys only implement their designs, and yet none of them has designed anything economically meaningful. Here we have Jelani Aliyu, a polytechnic trained graduate designing for one of the world's leading automobile companies. Now, who is decieving Nigerians?
Re: Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc by Walexz02(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2015
zebra:
imagine how university engineering graduates look down at their counterparts from the polytechnics. They claim they are the designers while the poly guys only implement their designs, and yet none of them has designed anything economically meaningful. Here we have Jelani Aliyu, a polytechnic trained graduate designing for one of the world's leading automobile companies. Now, who is decieving Nigerians?
Mind them not my brother, i have stoped argueying with any tom and harry when this issue pops up.. What i ask of them is to give a levelled playing ground and truth shall be known.
Btw, compliments of the season smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

UK-Based Nigerian Took Aboniki To School, Classmates Use It On Their Eye (Video) / 2012/2013 U.t.m.e(jambite),federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State. / Ogun SS2 Student Finds Purse Filled With Cash On Her Way Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.