Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49837 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by isaacosas01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
naturalwaves:
Now, you are sounding more suppy. Your mum had a Tecno phone about 4 years ago. Did Tecno mobile device and Samsung hit the market at the same time? Answer that objectively. Well, the first time I saw a Samsung mobile device in Nigeria was about 13 years ago( year 2000) which means they have started productions long before then so, they didn't hit the market at the same time and same goes for the Android market.

Moreover , if a Tecno device can never be compared to any Samsung device, why was this thread opened? Go read the topic again.......WHY YOU SHOULD BUY A SAMSUNG DEVICE INSTEAD OF A TECNO grin. The post stinks of insecurity and fear. If you think they can't be compared, why not shu.t up and use your Samsung devices and let those with Tecno use theirs. Why open a thread for it?
God bless you, the bolded text says it all. If I was a the owner of tecno seeing this thread will make me happy because there are a lot of Chinese phones in the market but compairing Tecno with Samsung is the best way to commend Tecno for their good work.

MODIFIED
HIP! HIP!! HIP!!!............ HURRY!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! FTC ON THIS PAGE
*SINGING*
I'M SERVING A GOD OF MIRACLE
I KNOW YES I KNOW
I'M SERVING A GOD OF MIRACLE
I KNOW YES I KNOW

HIP! HIP!! HIP!!!.......... HURRY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
After going through this thread, the only thing I can say is GOD PUNISH POVERTY ! AMEN !

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by jasperkrekre(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
op..your frustration and agitation in pronounced vituperation is a total show of worthless ignorance.... all I would tell u is that "ignorance can lead to a potential danger"...
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by seundegs: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dude I don't know how much you were paid to rant about how good samsung is over Techno. I got a samsung tab 8.9 its used to work no problems until one faithful morning the stupid thing won't come on. Indeed samsung should be tagged a waste. #techno al the way
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by naturalwaves: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
martinz1:

Go sit down u no get talk,, when do you think. That samsung started incorporating android os in their devices,, is it 13 years ago ?,, and what about zte and huawei that are used world wide,, are they not from the same china as tecno,,
Tales from a disgruntled Samsung user!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by flinton(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
I don't have problem with tecno users, itz their choice. but the difference is clear, itz a mistake comparing Samsung and tecno, ever ask y www.gsmarena.com don't review tecno phones?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.

Samsung, htc, Sony, lg all use MTK and that is what tecno is using.......
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by seunwen2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
team tecno click like

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by seunwen2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
team samsung click like

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibietela2:

Samsung, htc, Sony, lg all use MTK and that is what tecno is using.......
this statement is false.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
fellis: Hehehe
So many angry techo users on the thread, you guys should just accept that your tecno phones are just cheap junk and start saving money to buy better phones.

Useless china phones that don't even have ota upgrade.

You either use Nokia asha or a brickberry so shut up
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by naturalwaves: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ilaje44:

Techno may beat Samsung on paper by comparing these specifications. However, if you have worked with the OMAP and MTK chip side by side as daily drive, then you will understand. Try to work with the Samsung and Techno products for a month, and come back with a honest feedback. You will be surprised how inferior that Tecno really is. There is a reason why Samsung is a global player, while Tecno is a local player.

What is a user's concern with OMAP amd MTK chips? Listen dude, when it comes to products, the most important thing is UTILITY I.e the satisfaction derived from using such a product / service. What is an average user's concern with the foundations on which a phone was built as far as it satisfies him? When you want to buy a refrigerator or other appliances, is this how you analyse the compressor and the variants of coolants and gas used? I know it is a capital NO. Don't. Let us bring in baseless points just to rubish a brand. There is no better marketing and selling policy than 'word of mouth' and recommendations. Can't you see that Tecno users are proud of their devices and they keep recommending it? They are satisfied with it and they feel they are getting more than they deserve whereas, Samsung users feel cheated even though they won't say it out. They (Samsubg users) will be like.......which kain yeye Tecno wey come fall guys hands be dis? Tecno has washed off the 'I am better than you syndrome' which is the mentality of an average Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: this statement is false.

www.giyf.com
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by donJ2(m): 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

Worm you are replying from United States abi lool. See fool. You will be humbled here, learn the rules b4 u type irrelevant comments idiot

Still Sounding Sooo DU.MB, I read wer U̶̲̥̅̊ sed 'jay z endorsed samsung for his Album launch' gringrin LM*Black*AO.

Som guy tried correcting U̶̲̥̅̊, U̶̲̥̅̊ replyd callin him names. *Empty Drum makes d Lousiest noise*

Quick Advice: dnt post wat U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ignorant of, cuz U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ just showing off d level of ur ignorance den, attackin ppl wen corrected I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ exposing ur level of Stupidity.
#thankMeLater.

4 ur info: Am Proundly 9jerian.

#teamHTc
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by signalbaba(f): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
una no gbadun
both tecno and samsung is nothing
try SOLO
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by naturalwaves: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
e-freaky:
After going through this thread, the only thing I can say is GOD PUNISH POVERTY ! AMEN !

In your small mind, anyone that settles for Tecno cannot afford to get a Samsung right? What a logic! The earlier you know that a phone is not a definition of one's social status and you start to set priorities right, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
balogunsam:

Lawyer? You certainly don't talk like a "learned fellow"

As if Using English will help u Understand what he's Tryna say.. He used yo Native tongue.. The one u can Understand...
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by kingic: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android

why are you rubbing it on our face that we are using a cheap device why don't u just shut your mouth & use ur Samsung galaxy ....we all saw & heard of Samsung before we bought tecno so stop trying to influence our decisions ....you r just taking panadol for another mans headache .....a beg free me and my friends my techno phantom gives me all I need for now #team tecno joor
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by kingic: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android

why are you rubbing it on our face that we are using a cheap device why don't u just shut your mouth & use ur Samsung galaxy ....we all saw & heard of Samsung before we bought tecno so stop trying to influence our decisions ....you r just taking panadol for another mans headache .....a beg free me and my friends my techno phantom gives me all I need for now #team tecno joor
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibietela2:

www.giyf.com
i never asked for an information from you wink
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
I never knew this will boil up tempers. I thought I should make a point clear. But I have just realize the reason y this country is a dumping ground for most companies. Do u think tecno can be sold in America? No no. It can only be sold in africa, am not sure in Asia even. Cos I know the top manufacturers in Asia are lenovo, Samsung and other names and a top player this days is micromax. I tell u tecno may be good for the price but not to compete. They can't even rule their home country China, but they are king in nigeria cos Nigerians will buy anything on the cheap. Well I still stand and say buy tecno if u can't afford true hi-tech technology from Samsung.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I never knew this will boil up tempers. I thought I should make a point clear. But I have just realize the reason y this country is a dumping ground for most companies. Do u think tecno can be sold in America? No no. It can only be sold in africa, am not sure in Asia even. Cos I know the top manufacturers in Asia are lenovo, Samsung and other names and a top player this days is micromax. I tell u tecno may be good for the price but not to compete. They can't even rule their home country China, but they are king in nigeria cos Nigerians will buy anything on the cheap. Well I still stand and say buy tecno if u can't afford true hi-tech technology from Samsung.

Shut your trap....... Tecno use MTK now read this www.nextpowerup.com/news/4811/sony-tianchi-is-a-6-inch-phablet-powered-by-mediateks-octa-core-chipset.html (your beloved Samsung FAILED to make a true Octa core chip)

www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-Tianchi-to-feature-a-MediaTek-processor.104708.0.html

www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Lenovo-Huawei-and-ZTE-to-launch-MediaTek-based-quad-core-phones-soon-are-the-cheap-1080p-devices-coming_id41109
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.
dey buy u❔ undecided
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: i never asked for an information from you wink

You know nothing www.m.intomobile.com/2013/10/27/sony-xperia-tianchi-6inch-screen-and-mediateks-octacore-chip-works/
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by harlimy: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
powerful power bank enough to charge ur device for good 4 hours.if u r in IFE or ILARO or nearby.call 07035081799.
Xperia u or sale.... hot cake
Flash drive for sale
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
After buying Uk, us, Korea used Samsung, brickberry you come to nairaland to talk trash. If you are so rich as you guys said why buy used stuff?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibietela2:

Next time try and make research...... I wonder the "techy geek" that daughter of Jezebel saw in you, to tell all nairalanders

www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-to-use-cheapo-MediaTek-processors-for-2014-phones_id47970

www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-to-consider-making-four-changes-including-the-use-of-MediaTek-chips-for-low-to-mid-range-models_id48735

This for the bastar... D that posted the trash www.vr-zone.com/articles/first-mediatek-mt6589t-turbo-benchmarks-reveals-faster-than-htc-one-x-performance/20048.html

i have argued this long before your existence.. samsung still plans to cox of mtk true octacore achievement

htc to use for low end phones, lol.

you delude yourself sha..

like i said, i never asked for information from you wink
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Samsung failed in their initial attempt to implement the octa core in Samsung galaxy s4, but they did promise to fix it via a software upgrade which I believe has been done. But the octa core technology has been revamped by Samsung mobile team to. Enable all 8 cores to run at a go and using less battery juice in the process. This is what Samsung is all about INNOVATION. Samsung is the reason apple has stepped up their game, Samsung is the player bringing in true competition into the mobile game. Head of Samsung mobile J. K SHIN told the press during the launch of s4 that Samsung simply defines what true innovation means. Samsung is king of mobile no matter how u try to define it. Tecno uses can enjoy their phones but don't u try and tell a Samsung user ur phone is as good as his or better cos that is fallacy in high places. If tecno think they got something to prove then let them win the market in their home country China.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by MrRainBigxtorm(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
johnwizey: See d OP mouth lyk tiger battery. Make i go buy Samsung abi wetin, Samsung ko Johnsung ni. U go tell me weather na u dey pay me salary.

I am a lawyer, so dont threaten me

Bleep off!!!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
tonychristopher:

MY. BROTHER YOU ARE ON POINT...AS A RESEARCHER IN AN INTERNATIONAL ICT JOURNAL WHAT YOU SAID. IS VERY ON POINT AND I MIGHT USE YOUR RESEARCH BRO...I HOPE YOU WON'T TAKE ME UP FOR PLAGIARISM....I CAN'T USE TECHNO. TO BE HONEST AND I KNOW REASONS THEY ARE DAMN TO CHEAP AND I DON'T LOVE CHEAP THINGS...THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AT THE LONG RUN.IF YOU USE A TECHNO DON'T EVEN LET IT FALL ON GROUND THE PLASTIC IS SO LIGHT THEY DON'T AND CAN'T HAVE A METAL CASING.

I BOUGHT AN OLD SAMSUNG GALAXY X3 AND IT'S DAMN GOOD AND IT'S PICTURE CLARITY IS PERFECT FOR A GIFT

PRESENTLY I USE HTC SENSE AND IT'S JUST TOO RUGGED WITH IT'S ALUMINIUM POLISHED CASING AND GORILLA CORNING GAS. IT'S SO PACKED THAT THE FACEBOOK HAS TO APPLICATIONS ONE IS HTC FACEBOOK WITH SENSE SIGNATURE AND THE OTHER ANYBODY FACEBOOK SAME WITH SWEETER...JUST THAT THE PHONE IS EXPENSIVE BUT BAD ..... THE UPDATE IS SO COOL AND THE HTC YOU CAN SWITCH FROM 2G TO 4G DATA NETWORK. THE CALENDAR IS SO AWESOME THAT IF IT RAINS THE SCREEN DISPLAYS RAINING AND IF IT'S BRIGHT THE SCREEN DISPLAYS SUNNY AND IF IT'S MOIST IT DISPLAYS CLOUDY AND THE EFFIXY TOUCH IS MUCH .

MY BOSS USED TO SAY IF YOU GO FOR A MEETING AND U HAVE TECHNO PHONE DONT BRING IT OUT COS IT TELLS YOU ARE CHEAP. ANYWAY NIGERIANS LOVES EM CHEAP SO TECHNO IS FOR THEM

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HTC BOTH WINDOW AND ANDROID AND I AWAIT THEIR MOZILLA OS....THE WORST WINDOW PHONE TO ME IS NOKIA LUMIA..SUCH A CHEAP PLASTIC

OH I FORGET THE HTC COMES WITH A SCRATCH PROOF BODY AND GLASS THAT IS WHAT TECHNO DON'T OFFER.

DO U KNOW THE MEANING OF HTC.? HIGH TECH CORP...QUIETLY BRILLIANT.

HTC mozzila os? Scratch proof? May God have mercy on your soul....... You know nothing about Android. You are even making noise with a second hand X3(don't know were you bought such phone)
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by OCcool: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
fellis:

grin grin grin

This is how typical tecno users sound.
Bush villagers with no atom of civility in their bodies.
Abeg let me leave the thread for you tecno users, I don't have time to spend with cheapskate losers who can only afford scrap metal as phones.
Lemme ask u a question, how many alhajis did u sleep with before u could afford ur thrash phone? Brainless m.oron

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.