Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49840 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tippyboy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Zammydagreat:

Mtk is dead and gone, if its not adreno or tegra3 then d chipset is bullshit

guy, adreno is a GPU dat normally comes with qualcomm snapdragon and nt a CPU, please take note and also, if all d smartfone in dis world are made wit tegra 3 cpu, am very sure u cannot afford 1. dat's Y mediatek chipset came 2 d rescue.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
naturalwaves:

In your small mind, anyone that settles for Tecno cannot afford to get a Samsung right? What a logic! The earlier you know that a phone is not a definition of one's social status and you start to set priorities right, the better for you.

Mate, where in my post did I mention Samsung, Techno, or the gibberish you wrote? I only said a prayer.

This 2014 God will bless you, all your dreams will come true, whenever your mates are spending money you will not 'spend' arguments. AMEN !
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by RexioKlasik(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
hawqer: @OP what you seem to have done is simply compare flagship Samsung Devices with Tecno devices, budget Samsung Devices lack all that bell and whistle and are likely no match for Tecno's offerings. sure Tecno lacks an R&grin department and thus "somewhat" lacklustre specs. Now remember Samsung of years past (go back 6 years), their devices were hardly inspiring, beside Tecno is niche (made for emerging markets) for a reason- they know they can't fight the Android game at flagship level......at least not yet.

Not to flog an ailing topic but you get what you pay for, if Tecno develops a device with Amoled, 3gb ram, exynos chipset and invests a lot in R&grin, you can not expect the price to be "affordable". so let's move past the constant contrasting and enjoy the various brands and the sector of the market they are concerned with conquering.

This is a very perfect answer and solution to all dis long talk,Dey know d levelz,and they make available stuff for every level.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob: Even Gsm arena won't review it, , Talkless of compare it with Samsung, top phones of 2013 no tecno there. International community does not recognise it. Only in Nigeria. May God deliver us from the shackles of 'I MUST BE A BIG BOY' U Wear fake shoes, fake jeans, belt, fake Ray Ban come use tecno finish am loooool see combo.

Repeating the same poop over again
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by adekayo1234(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
in my own opinion, i would rather say tecno is doing a good job sponsoring arguements like this to market their products. i will not be fooled anymore cos as a marketer, the best way to sell is to keep reminding the public about your product no matter what. Am sure by next week, another arguement of this sort will make front page and people will come and waste their mb on arguements that has been raised over and over again
facts#
1. whenever you want to compare two phones, don't just compare specs but the price range should be the first ground for comparism
an example is the samsung galaxy core of 38k and tecno phantom a+ of 35k....... I know we all know the winner
they were produced this year and though sammy guys will say that core has a better hardware bla bla bla, the truth is that, what a core can do, a phantom of thesame price range can even do better
2. Most samsungs phone are overated and still overated. imagine someone because of his hatred for tecno going for a samsung galaxy pocket of 16,500 when a tecno p5, tecno m3 and gionee p2 of thesame price range will out-class it
3. The fact that you are holding a samsung does not mean that your purse is fatter than the other guy using tecno, the truth is that some of us simply strive to derive maximum utility for what we have and not carry gadgets for ostentatious purposes. Blackberry can testify to that
4. Fact is Samsung has the name and the fame with which they sell their products, or else how will anybody go for some of their phones when better alternatives are there
5. finally, gadget users, you have no reason to be ashamed of what you are carrying as long as it serves your purpose.

I rest my case

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by nani667: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
tippyboy:

guy, adreno is a GPU dat normally comes with qualcomm snapdragon and nt a CPU, please take note and also, if all d smartfone in dis world are made wit tegra 3 cpu, am very sure u cannot afford 1. dat's Y mediatek chipset came 2 d rescue.

LOL
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob: there's a reason the nigerian government ordered for gold plated iphone and not gold plated SAMSUNG phones.

Smh
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
shuga:

what has buying it new or used got to do with the compatibility of the bbm and the device?

The Oversabi knows nothing about what you are saying....... He is probably a BRICKBERRY user
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by naturalwaves: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
adekayo_1234: in my own opinion, i would rather say tecno is doing a good job sponsoring arguements like this to market their products. i will not be fooled anymore cos as a marketer, the best way to sell is to keep reminding the public about your product no matter what. Am sure by next week, another arguement of this sort will make front page and people will come and waste their mb on arguements that has been raised over and over again
facts#
1. whenever you want to compare two phones, don't just compare specs but the price range should be the first ground for comparism
an example is the samsung galaxy core of 38k and tecno phantom a+ of 35k....... I know we all know the winner
they were produced this year and though sammy guys will say that core has a better hardware bla bla bla, the truth is that, what a core can do, a phantom of thesame price range can even do better
2. Most samsungs phone are overated and still overated. imagine someone because of his hatred for tecno going for a samsung galaxy pocket of 16,500 when a tecno p5, tecno m3 and gionee p2 of thesame price range will out-class it
3. The fact that you are holding a samsung does not mean that your purse is fatter than the other guy using tecno, the truth is that some of us simply strive to derive maximum utility for what we have and not carry gadgets for ostentatious purposes. Blackberry can testify to that
4. Fact is Samsung has the name and the fame with which they sell their products, or else how will anybody go for some of their phones when better alternatives are there
5. finally, gadget users, you have no reason to be ashamed of what you are carrying as long as it serves your purpose.

I rest my case
Well said!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob: 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4 , over 40 million sold
Apple iPhone 5 , over 40 million sold
Samsung Galaxy Note III , over 10 million sold
iPhone 5s , over 9,75 million sold
iPhone 5c , over 5,8 million
HTC One , 5 million sold
Sony Xperia M , 12.1 million sold
Annual sales by manufacturer

Where's Tecno please

It seems you have problems with the word "niche"
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

Discourse not discuss, use your grammar properly

You even got the spelling wrong........ Smh
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mtk is used on low end phones these days. Or maybe some Chinese manufacturers. The top game players in the chip industry are the exynos chips and the snapdragon. If tecno builds a phone to the level other oem do then we won't be seeing those phones cheap. Take for example Samsung HTC Sony have their own flavoured launchers they wear on their Android os but tecno dosent. And the mobile Congress in Barcelona is very close, Tell me if tecno will be there? I can answer for u NO!. That's the Congress that brings the biggest players in the game to one arena. If tecno phones posses the qualities most of u fans of their phones claim they have then let them be in Barcelona.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by sucess001(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

Vermin can your Tecno mobile do that? What im trying to tell your numb skull is that y are we not hearing anything about Tecno internationally? if it is sooo good why is it not the top phones of 2013 list? or bestselling phones of 2013 list? you know what you need to di? gi and open tecno fans club page on fb and twitter. ignorant cow without brain

Bros...e be like say my post don pain u...that wasnt my intention.

you cant say its not one of the top phones. why do you think the phantom pad was sold for as low as 33k by konga wen it first hit the nigerian market but now goes for 37k? its cos its in red hot demand!

you ll hardly even get it. i called to order in konga 2 weeks back and they told me 'out of stock'...you cant say same for samsung...

traditionally, nigerian and african market trends are different from other parts of the world so while techno may be selling here, it may not be a global hit yet...

take the blackberry example...it was a hit in africa...not in other parts ofthe world.

thats why techno is the fastest growing phone brand in africa.

and really...whyt cant you buy your samsung and let me enjoy my techno? why is someone feeling 'cheated?'

In other news, show an impartial person my argument and urs...let him decide who the brainless cow and numb skull is..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by temizt: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
LOL!

balogunsam:

Lawyer? You certainly don't talk like a "learned fellow"
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Can a tecno user please post his antutu benchmark screenshot
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.
and who is this one? what happened to CHOICE? If pple want tecno let them buy a tecno, if they want samsung let them buy samsung, i sense some level of jealousy in ur post based on the fact that a tecno does whatever a samsung can do. well most of it maybe 95%. the other thing that baffles me in ur post is bringing apple into ur post but i advice u to nt even think of going there cos APPLE BEATS SAMSUNG ANYTIME ANYDAY, UNTIL SAMSUNG PRODUCES A PHONE THAT IS VIRUS PROOF, THEY ARE NT IN THE SAME REGION AS APPLE LET ALONE LEVEL... ONE MORE THING SAMSUNG WAS SUED BY APPLE because SAMSUNG COULDNT BE ORIGINAL THEY HAD TO COPY APPLE......MTCHEEEW
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

Vermin can your Tecno mobile do that? What im trying to tell your numb skull is that y are we not hearing anything about Tecno internationally? if it is sooo good why is it not the top phones of 2013 list? or bestselling phones of 2013 list? you know what you need to di? gi and open tecno fans club page on fb and twitter. ignorant cow without brain

This kid is just repeating the same thing over and over again smh
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

Worm you are replying from United States abi lool. See fool. You will be humbled here, learn the rules b4 u type irrelevant comments idiot

So tell us the phone you are using
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ibietela2(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Samsung failed in their initial attempt to implement the octa core in Samsung galaxy s4, but they did promise to fix it via a software upgrade which I believe has been done. But the octa core technology has been revamped by Samsung mobile team to. Enable all 8 cores to run at a go and using less battery juice in the process. This is what Samsung is all about INNOVATION. Samsung is the reason apple has stepped up their game, Samsung is the player bringing in true competition into the mobile game. Head of Samsung mobile J. K SHIN told the press during the launch of s4 that Samsung simply defines what true innovation means. Samsung is king of mobile no matter how u try to define it. Tecno uses can enjoy their phones but don't u try and tell a Samsung user ur phone is as good as his or better cos that is fallacy in high places. If tecno think they got something to prove then let them win the market in their home country China.

Show me PROOF mofo
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
Guy u are completely biased in ur comparism. It is not a crime if u prefer samsung to Techno, let other people make their choices. Next time, learn to make reasonable comparisms cos if this was an exam u will fail woefully cos u have not communicated.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by babybos(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
White man drink tea, black man drink pap, both na to keep body warm. You have headache use panadol another person use paracetamol na for headache to go
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is an antutu benchmark for an undercooked Samsung galaxy note 2. This benchmark shows u the top players. I will still say buy tecno if u can't buy Samsung. But stop comparing

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by simpleguy259: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
1)the truth der iz da samsung and techno are not d same and yu wunt decied 4 any one ........yu might lyk samsung& d other wil cherish techno ........2) 4 9ja the economy is too hard so pple dnt care abt good product bt ther go the one ther cn afford az u said

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by jesbu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
techno is a good device. the company is growing fast.but I don't thing It will meet up with the big company like Samsung HTC LG Sony etc why because
1. is not sold in china or any other country
2.is only sold in Nigeria were people like cheap thing's.
3.it will not work with any other network outside Nigeria.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Samsung launches phone aimed at cost-sensitive users in Africa
By Claude Harding
August 29th, 2012

Samsung today announced that it will launch a low-cost mobile phone specifically aimed at Africa and other emerging markets.
The Samsung Chief Hero is a dual-SIM phone that allows users to automatically switch between two SIM cards without having to carry an additional handset or turn off the phone to change the SIM card. Many mobile phone users in Africa make use of multiple SIM cards to take advantage of different pricing plans on offer from various operators.

“Following the successful launch of our Chief range earlier this year, we have seen that there is a need for mobile phones that suit the unique needs of developing countries and more importantly, Africa. As such, the Samsung Chief Hero mobile phone is a smart dual-SIM phone that is targeted at these markets,” says Jaco van Zyl, product manager for hand held products at Samsung Africa.

The handset also supports an additional 13 languages, including Yoruba, Igbo and Swahili.
Focus on Africa
Samsung, which has its headquarters in South Korea, is continuing to expand its presence across the continent.
“We understand that being successful in Africa requires an entrepreneurial attitude and a commitment to help create the market andinfrastructurearound it, and not just enter it,” said George Ferreira, COO and vice president of Samsung Electronics Africa, in an earlier statement. “We build products and programmes for Africa’s unique needs, resources and conditions.”

Over the coming months, the company will host “Samsung Weeks” in countries such asTanzania, theDemocratic Republic of Congo (DRC),Ethiopia,Uganda,CameroonandSenegal.

Source: http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/samsung-launches-phone-aimed-at-cost-sensitive-users-in-africa/19709/

I bet dat says it all.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Randerl: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Randerl: U guys no natin about marketing. It looks negative but hey
"Create a consciousness in them about out our products. Let it always be in front of them even though is for the negative reasons"

adekayo_1234: in my own opinion, i would rather say tecno is doing a good job sponsoring arguements like this to market their products. i will not be fooled anymore cos as a marketer, the best way to sell is to keep reminding the public about your product no matter what. Am sure by next week, another arguement of this sort will make front page and people will come and waste their mb on arguements that has been raised over and over again
facts#

I rest my case
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mumu people. Una go hate tecno tire...heheheh...

Its funny ow some dummies who aint even using a samsung gadget post trash on social forums. Na una papa get samsunG?

If u wanan compare fones, compare fones withing d same price range. Simple as abc

Weda I buy tecno or gionee..na ur papa money I take buy am?...#confused.

All I sense in dis thread is hate. No matter ow indomie do adverts reach, dem no fit sell like garri.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Una don forget samsung blueface?.. Dat stupid fone dat was sold for 36k..?...buhahahahhhahaa

Fone wey get tiny screen and No camera. Samsung don barb our head gan.

What u guys shud know is dis... Each compare has a strategy....dats what dey follow to make sales. U av to focus on ur niche...establish some grounds, den move ahead from there.

Nigerians r of the opinion dat anytin dat comes cheap is fake...#smh

Gsm arena dis Gsm arena dat. Na everyfone dey Gsm arena?. So if a fone is not reviewed by Gsm arena..dat means its fake?..no be normal site wey just dey review different fones n users post dier opinion?..its pathetic ow some people carry tecno matter ontop dier head.

The first tecno fone was in 2OO6..look @ where dey are now.

Mumu haters.

Still flexing my tecno p9mini...wit ota update.

D screen sharp die. E sharp like razor blade.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
xxxtedyxxx: Una don forget samsung blueface?.. Dat stupid fone dat was sold for 36k..?...buhahahahhhahaa

Fone wey get tiny screen and No camera. Samsung don barb our head gan.

What u guys shud know is dis... Each compare has a strategy....dats what dey follow to make sales. U av to focus on ur niche...establish some grounds, den move ahead from there.

Nigerians r of the opinion dat anytin dat comes cheap is fake...#smh

Gsm arena dis Gsm arena dat. Na everyfone dey Gsm arena?. So if a fone is not reviewed by Gsm arena..dat means its fake?..no be normal site wey just dey review different fones n users post dier opinion?..its pathetic ow some people carry tecno matter ontop dier head.

The first tecno fone was in 2OO6..look @ where dey are now.

Mumu haters.

Still flexing my tecno p9mini...wit ota update.

D screen sharp die. E sharp like razor blade.

Stop all this. We didn't say cos it's cheap then it's fake. We only draw a line between both companies. Don't just post cos u want to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by kalufelix(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
so this fight never end...
parkins dey build helicopter una dey here dey fight over person technology
abeg who dey win??
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010:

Stop all this. We didn't say cos it's cheap then it's fake. We only draw a line between both companies. Don't just post cos u want to contribute.

Its very obvious u r dumb..scroll up..and read what I posted again.

How can u compare samsung n tecno wen u can't compare fones from both companies withing d same price rage?..MUMU.

Wen tecno starts adding oda hardware..gorrila glass n oda stuffs, do u tink d price will still be affordably cheap?..ode.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by dastudent(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dude lost me when he called Apple crapple.I am using a nexus 4 right now and I have used all the android phones ooo, but whenever I go back to my iphone or ipad , I feel that smoothness and quality that you need 4 cores to perform on an android device .

Mind you,apple still dey use dual core processors and you can't compare HD gaming on a top flight android phone to a latest iOS device.

However android fanboys forget that the quad core processor on android devices are used to push the operating system's performance.

People should know that all android phones run on linux and the android os acts as a virtual machine, which then runs under the layer of the manufacturer's skin, which translates to more processing power is needed to smoothing things out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.