Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49848 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2013
How can you even be a 'Fan' of Tecno. Its wrong on so many levels.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ddjay: 11:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Zammydagreat:

I can see ur agony, u knw dat sad feeling u get wen a range rover splashes water on ur body lol
lwkmd grin eyaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1:

yes sir gionee included.. except for the gionee e7 running on snap dragon
You are my Man, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by smokeyupu(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2013
Top of the season to you all.

I still beleive it's OK to give new products a chance though. The Samsungs, Nokias and LGs could not have reached the point they are right now if they were criticised from the very beginning. I bought a Tecno andriod phone recently and I think it's fantastic. It does whatever you want (at least for a normal phone operation) and has not disapponited so far.

The mechanism for all these phones is basicaly the same. Most Nigerians buy names (Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, TM Lewin, H&C, Lacoste ETC) cos it has become the norm but is it really normal to crave for these things? Why wear a Polo shirt with a large crazy looking horse and its rider and numbers allover? It looks stupendious on most peolple i've seen. Most people feel inferior when they dont wear a designer outfit and to flow with the crowd they just wear all sorts of rubbish. INFERIORITY COMPLEX AT IT'S PEAK!!!

Ponder on these: WHY ARE HP, DELL, SAMSUNG and APPLE COMPUTERS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ACER COMPUTERS THAT DO THE SAME CHORES AND HAVE MORE CAPACITY THAN IT'S RIVAL?

The hunger for all these expensive items leads to corruption which has almost brought our dear nation to its knees. Why do you think Nigerians scramble to buy the latest cars not knowing the reason why they should cos the current vehicle is still in excellent condition.

Let's all hope and pray for the best in the new year. Cheers.

PEACE!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Tbillz(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2013
GUYS LET OUR FOCUS BE ON GEJ AND BUHARI..APC AND PDP..OBASANJO AND GOVT… IF ALL THESE MONUMENTAL ISSUES ARE TACKLED AND WE ARE FULLY EMPLOYED…, WE WILL BE BUSY @WORK OR BETTER STILL WITHOUT ASUU HINDRANCE WE WILL BE GAINFULLY BUSY THEN POSSIBLY WE ALL HAVE ENUFF CA$H 2 BUY SAMSUNG AND LEAVE TECNO FOR UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRIES……… WIF DIS FEW POINT OF MINE I HOPE U ALL AGREED TECNO VS SAMSUNG IS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME WITH NO BASIS!

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by MrMi6(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2013
tosinx: Op, What a sad way to use this voice you found. I just read the piece this morning. The entire writeup is baseless and biased and your grammar makes my skin crawl.

Where was Samsung when Nokia, BlackBerry and even Sagem were packing the stalls full of cutting (or attempts) edge tech? You should not write on issues you know hardly anything about.

Your writeup has no business incline, which is where Tecno is killing the boar! One, they acknowledge they don’t have a name like Samsung or other droid-packing OEMs, but they want to make a name and get market share; two, if the African market (the Nigerian market speaking of is more than 50% of the entire black market worldwide) is all they can get for now, what a wise investment choice! three, by cutting price and increasing offering, trust me, they still kill it on profits! so you just wait and see things unfold for yourself.

They can't penetrate the western markets cos of their shortcomings, so if they can leverage on the Nigerian loopholes to gain market and maybe someday become able to afford R&grin and the necessary reqs to cross the hurdles, bravo then.

I will compare both OEMs anyday, cos, YES, they are comparable on several fronts.

I’m sure you would have written this same thing about the BlackBerry year’s ago, cos you sound like one of them. I’m sure (tell me if I’m wrong) you NEVER owned an Apple device cos you couldn’t afford one and hated those who loved theirs. Thank God you can now buy a Samsung. That’s why we are now hearing from you. Have you seen the smile on the faces of the Tecno smartphone owners? Loyalty is growing, cos they recommend too.

You have found a voice, you have gained listeners. Use it wisely! And next time when you see business decisions being made, sit in the corner, watch and learn!
Aint you Two saying the same thing(poor Quality). Whoever is comparing Samsung to Techno is jes on a long thing, like comparing road side pie and FastFood pie.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by donJ2(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2013
redcliff:
Samsung did not come for the poor. They came for people who can afford their products. So nonbody is bringing its sale prices down. Sorry.

Rating of D OP of d POO above
IGNORANCE: 100%
Low Self Esteem: 99%
Mindset(age): <12yrz

Advice: grow up cuz in d real world rich people dnt use samsung.

Rich people live in banana island, sail in yatchs, Roll in Royces..., D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Use Htc one(Not for functionality, but for d fact dt itz 2013 no1 phone)

I suppose in ur world living in Aj city, using a stolen fairly used samsung fone (lik d op dt sed he hates cheap things) makes U̶̲̥̅̊ a rich guy.

Wake up boi

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Ocfreedom(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Our problem as a nation is verse. Discremination every. Discremination of religion, tribe, school(university & poly), state, even phone. Infact dis generation of our youth may end up in confussion becos of d level of discremination is alarming. D western world keep using us cos we cant tink straight. Am not using tecno or samsung but i believe everyone has a choice. Tank God dat tecno came out if not some of u wont hav afford samsung becos d price would hav doubled. Some pple dont knw wat dey nid. Dey kip following d bandwagon. Must i buy samsung to appear as a big boy Becos it expensive dan tecno? Y re u not still using ur old samsung phone d one dey use to make call cos it is more expensive dan some of dis ur s3 s4 d tym it came out? Y nt brag abt it? I undstand u pain, paying all dat much for a product only for a similar product wt same function to come out cheaper dan ur own. I knw it pains, it hurts, but it doesnt call for dis war.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2013
there's a reason the nigerian government ordered for gold plated iphone and not gold plated tecno phones.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Ochek: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2013
tosinx: Op, What a sad way to use this voice you found. I just read the piece this morning. The entire writeup is baseless and biased and your grammar makes my skin crawl.

Where was Samsung when Nokia, BlackBerry and even Sagem were packing the stalls full of cutting (or attempts) edge tech? You should not write on issues you know hardly anything about.

Your writeup has no business incline, which is where Tecno is killing the boar! One, they acknowledge they don’t have a name like Samsung or other droid-packing OEMs, but they want to make a name and get market share; two, if the African market (the Nigerian market speaking of is more than 50% of the entire black market worldwide) is all they can get for now, what a wise investment choice! three, by cutting price and increasing offering, trust me, they still kill it on profits! so you just wait and see things unfold for yourself.

They can't penetrate the western markets cos of their shortcomings, so if they can leverage on the Nigerian loopholes to gain market and maybe someday become able to afford R&grin and the necessary reqs to cross the hurdles, bravo then.

I will compare both OEMs anyday, cos, YES, they are comparable on several fronts.

I’m sure you would have written this same thing about the BlackBerry year’s ago, cos you sound like one of them. I’m sure (tell me if I’m wrong) you NEVER owned an Apple device cos you couldn’t afford one and hated those who loved theirs. Thank God you can now buy a Samsung. That’s why we are now hearing from you. Have you seen the smile on the faces of the Tecno smartphone owners? Loyalty is growing, cos they recommend too.

You have found a voice, you have gained listeners. Use it wisely! And next time when you see business decisions being made, sit in the corner, watch and learn!

Couldn't ve been said Any better. Nice closing
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by royale442(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2013
fellis:

grin grin grin

This is how typical tecno users sound.
Bush villagers with no atom of civility in their bodies.
Abeg let me leave the thread for you tecno users, I don't have time to spend with cheapskate losers who can only afford scrap metal as phones.
SMH4U.....
are u talking about the fone or the users?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Tbillz(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2013
Ocfreedom: Our problem as a nation is verse. Discremination every. Discremination of religion, tribe, school(university & poly), state, even phone. Infact dis generation of our youth may end up in confussion becos of d level of discremination is alarming. D western world keep using us cos we cant tink straight. Am not using tecno or samsung but i believe everyone has a choice. Tank God dat tecno came out if not some of u wont hav afford samsung becos d price would hav doubled. Some pple dont knw wat dey nid. Dey kip following d bandwagon. Must i buy samsung to appear as a big boy Becos it expensive dan tecno? Y re u not still using ur old samsung phone d one dey use to make call cos it is more expensive dan some of dis ur s3 s4 d tym it came out? Y nt brag abt it? I undstand u pain, paying all dat much for a product only for a similar product wt same function to come out cheaper dan ur own. I knw it pains, it hurts, but it doesnt call for dis war.
brus which university u commot from….. Kaii if u be student? ASUU do u strong thing buh if u be graduate Ur sch suppose withdraw ur bsc or hnd------anyways na discrimination no descrimition# Switch tha dictionary of ur tecno fone On e go hlp u correct all dis kin tin biko

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by martinz1: 11:32am On Dec 30, 2013
don_J:

Rating of D OP of d POO above
IGNORANCE: 100%
Low Self Esteem: 99%
Mindset(age): <12yrz

Advice: grow up cuz in d real world rich people dnt use samsung.

Rich people live in banana island, sail in yatchs, Roll in Royces..., D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Use Htc one(Not for functionality, but for d fact dt itz 2013 no1 phone)

I suppose in ur world living in Aj city, using a stolen fairly used samsung fone (lik d op dt sed he hates cheap things) makes U̶̲̥̅̊ a rich guy.

Wake up boi

Guy u are totally wrong by saying in the real world people dont use samsung,,, what u should have said is that nigerian teens and other that can't afford samsung go for tecno because it offers them the same android os,,,, samsung devices has the highest sales world wide,,,
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by victorlexa(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2013
I love tecno phones... Bt I jst hate d name "tecno".I also wonder hw tecno wanna compete at d world stage cz it seems na only for naija dem dey make mouth.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by martinz1: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2013
martinz1: Tecno or whatever u Call it is a chinese phone,(remember chinese phones with tv, ac, radio antenna,etc) these phones where banned in usa and other western countries, but nigeria we just accept any device irrespective of it nature,,,tecno is a low end phone ,,never ever compare samsung with tecno, samsung is not just a phone maker, its a household name ,industrial machines,, ofshore crude oil machinaries, ,.,,,, but tecno phones are still ok and sweet,,, but samsung is more superior and generally accepted worldwide,,u can never see any network in usa or uk or any western country branding their name on any tecno device,, but u can see at&t lg, htc samsung, huawei, zte,, but never tecno,,
But that doesn't mean tecno phones aren't good,
Some tecno Android phones are sweet to use ,
The bottom line is never compare tecno to samsung, they are not on the same level,, its just like comparing a keke napep (trycycle vehicle) to a german brand(rolls royce ghost). Its true that both vehicle can move u from point A to point B, but their is a difference,,

U guys should buy anyphone your money can afford,, its a free world,, but remember GOOD THINGS DONT COME CHEAP

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by promisengr(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2013
Tbillz: brus which university u commot from….. Kaii if u be student? ASUU do u strong thing buh if u be graduate Ur sch suppose withdraw ur bsc or hnd------anyways na discrimination no descrimition# Switch tha dictionary of ur tecno fone On e go hlp u correct all dis kin tin biko
He passed a message, with english unlike ur pidgin english, now ask youself who the strike affected more instead of been his correction fluid.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1:

yes sir gionee included.. except for the gionee e7 running on snap dragon
Especially that Gionee Elife E6. That phone was a HUGE disappointment with an inadequate 2020mAh battery powering a power-hungry full HD 1080p 5'' screen & no expandable storage. Out of the 3 reviews i read of the phone, 2 mentioned that the phone lags out of the box due either to the frugal (but relatively weak) mediatek processor or the heavy amigo skin/launcher on the phone, & someone here (Brainrex) who bought the phone also confirmed that it truly lags.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by shuga: 11:41am On Dec 30, 2013
meanwhile, I still haven't seen and downloaded a BBM for my galaxy S4. each time I try on playstore it says, "This version is not compatible with your device" pls help
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2013
Ocfreedom: Our problem as a nation is verse. Discremination every. Discremination of religion, tribe, school(university & poly), state, even phone. Infact dis generation of our youth may end up in confussion becos of d level of discremination is alarming. D western world keep using us cos we cant tink straight. Am not using tecno or samsung but i believe everyone has a choice. Tank God dat tecno came out if not some of u wont hav afford samsung becos d price would hav doubled. Some pple dont knw wat dey nid. Dey kip following d bandwagon. Must i buy samsung to appear as a big boy Becos it expensive dan tecno? Y re u not still using ur old samsung phone d one dey use to make call cos it is more expensive dan some of dis ur s3 s4 d tym it came out? Y nt brag abt it? I undstand u pain, paying all dat much for a product only for a similar product wt same function to come out cheaper dan ur own. I knw it pains, it hurts, but it doesnt call for dis war.

Dear ignorant brother, no need to use sentiments here, iits because of statements like this that people continue to bash tecno phones, that ignorant statement 'techno can do what Samsung can do' it rinks of lack of knowledge. Let me tell you if you don't know S3 is still the best selling phone of 2013 followed by s4 and iphone. just Google it. Dont come here with ignorance abeg. Y is your best tecno phone not there? if it is sooo good why is it not on that list? top phones of 2013 show me any tecno phone there
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2013
shuga: meanwhile, I still haven't seen and downloaded a BBM for my galaxy S4. each time I try on playstore it says, "This version is not compatible with your device" pls help

If you bought it new, then it cannot be giving you that excuse
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by victorlexa(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2013
...Gone are d days wen person gf go wan die cz of bb,dem go wan suck person dry coz dey wan ping,now u cn jst use little change 2 buy dem tecno nd dey leave u alone.tho some galz stil stubborn oooooo
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ceejayluv(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2013
Most peeps use their smart phones to browse, update social media profiles, chat, play music and video. Oh,,and also make calls..... I'm yet to see any tecno Android phone that can't do all of the above. No one ever argued that tecno is better than Samsung in terms of quality. But it's all a matter of OS now. With Android 4.0, one can get virtually all necessary apps in play store. So I don't see the essence of upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 for a basic smart phone user... Unless you're a developer or hardcore geek...
I use a Samsung phone. You all using Samsung should check where your phones were made from the battery compartment, it's likely made in China (especially if you bought it in Nigeria ).

Buy your tecno phones if you want, and savour the Android experience to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by CanotEngiE(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2013
True talk OP, tecno is using cheap materials, presenting its phone as quality. ONLY TIME WILL TELL![color=#550000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by AWONEYAN(m): 11:48am On Dec 30, 2013
@OP you forgot that Nigerians don't need a costly fone of 100k with the rate of crime in Nigeria. When u know u can easily loose the fone to big boys in d next 6 months so why are you talking abt durabilty. I have been using my techno for d past 2yrs yet no issue! Abeg forget d samsung advert u r doing here.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Till I see a review of any tecno phone on Huffington post, time magazine and top international gadgets journal please keep your ignorant mouth shut. If your phone cant compete on an international stage then please hide it.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by sultanemerald(m): 11:48am On Dec 30, 2013
hawqer: @OP what you seem to have done is simply compare flagship Samsung Devices with Tecno devices, budget Samsung Devices lack all that bell and whistle and are likely no match for Tecno's offerings. sure Tecno lacks an R&grin department and thus "somewhat" lacklustre specs. Now remember Samsung of years past (go back 6 years), their devices were hardly inspiring, beside Tecno is niche (made for emerging markets) for a reason- they know they can't fight the Android game at flagship level......at least not yet.

Not to flog an ailing topic but you get what you pay for, if Tecno develops a device with Amoled, 3gb ram, exynos chipset and invests a lot in R&grin, you can not expect the price to be "affordable". so let's move past the constant contrasting and enjoy the various brands and the sector of the market they are concerned with conquering.

Smart response. And for one to keep comparing tecno and Samsung. Does Samsung feel threatened by the tecno brand? Are tecno and Samsung the only devices that run the android OS? What's with the bashing. I don't use a tecno neither do I use a Samsung. But Samsung devices are simply over rated even at flagship level. They copy and innovate. So much for being a leading tech company. Had apple not given them hardware to build , Samsung would still be in the dark ages of phone tech.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by shuga: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2013
ibot_jaycob:

If you bought it new, then it cannot be giving you that excuse

what has buying it new or used got to do with the compatibility of the bbm and the device?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by jude4us(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Thank God you said TECHNO and not the popular TECNO.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2013
sultanemerald:

Smart response. And for one to keep comparing tecno and Samsung. Does Samsung feel threatened by the tecno brand? Are tecno and Samsung the only devices that run the android OS? What's with the bashing. I don't use a tecno neither do I use a Samsung. But Samsung devices are simply over rated even at flagship level. They copy and innovate. So much for being a leading tech company. Had apple not given them hardware to build , Samsung would still be in the dark ages of phone tech.

See another ignorant Assu reject, Apple gave samsung hardware to use? in what ancient century do you live? Once you can free yourself from the shackles of ignorance then you will know that you can't compare both companies and their devices
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 11:56am On Dec 30, 2013
shuga:

what has buying it new or used got to do with the compatibility of the bbm and the device?
Download from other source na. Aptoide dey there & u can just google-search ''bbm apk'' & u'll see a download link.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Jire12: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2013
It is clear that the OP is a technology novice, though Samsung is catching up, Apple is still the benchmark of the smartphone industry.......from their processor to their camera to the display, the IOS software used by Apple rocks. Tecno though inferior to Samsung on a technology basis yet the reasons given in this thread r nonsensical, Tecno equally packs a good processor and a wonderful display mostly Amoled.
Get your facts right before you post
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4 , over 40 million sold
Apple iPhone 5 , over 40 million sold
Samsung Galaxy Note III , over 10 million sold
iPhone 5s , over 9,75 million sold
iPhone 5c , over 5,8 million
HTC One , 5 million sold
Sony Xperia M , 12.1 million sold
Annual sales by manufacturer

Where's Tecno please

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.