Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Feminism 101 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism 101 (1141 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
First of all I must state that everything written on this thread is in my opinion. And please pardon my typos if any.

Lets not confuse feminists with bitter women(aka i've been hurt by one man therefore all men are evil, and I hate men) because most people are quick to call any rude female a feminist, and we should also understand that in any group there are extremists. Every true feminist understands that feminism is not a war against men but a war against bad policies that belittle or dehumanize women. Because we are first humans, before we are women. Some of us understand the fact that men and women will never be equal because they are not meant to be equal, but compliment each other in aspects of life. Heck all men are not equal so what are we talking about. So the feminist fight is for better opportunities for women. The real feminists understand this.............................

to be continued.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by dinachi(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
following
Re: Feminism 101 by Nomski0(f): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
I'm loving this. *following*
Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Feminisim and marriage.

Most people are of the opinion that feminism is the reason for the increasing rate of divorce, which is wrong. The bad attitude of people is what is wrong with marriage. And the fact that some women now understand they should not be treated like animals by their husband's and men also understand that they should be constantly verbally abused by their wife's.

Marriage is supposed to be a partnership between two individuals, based on clear defining rules that suit them. Love and lots of respect are key ingredients for a stable marriage. Men are born with the instinct to provide and to protect their family and women have the motherly instinct to care. The continuous struggle for equality upsets this balance. Whatever feminist agenda you have start from your home. And always remember that partners are supposed to help and respect each other for balance, not to fight for equality or superiority.

To be continued.......... Good night

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
I have nothing against feminism but your little essay is riddled with too many errors. undecided
Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
sauer: I have nothing against feminism but your little essay is riddled with too many errors. undecided

please feel free to state your opinion. Everything I have written is in my opinion and they are my random thoughts on my feminist views.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by jumzzy448: 12:32am On Dec 30, 2013
sauer: I have nothing against feminism but your little essay is riddled with too many errors. undecided
errors like?
@op, good write up.
Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Every family requires a leader (not dictator). (Women calm down, until we start paying dowry its not us).
Before you marry man, ask yourself

Can I respect this man?
Will my respect be reciprocated?
I'm I intelligent enough to criticize his opinions without crushing his Ego?
Is he capable of Leading me?
I'm I willing to accept him as a Leader?

If your answers is no kindly sit ur pseudo feminist self wherever you are. You are not ready for Marriage.

LEADERSHIP

Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.

Leaders are not, as we are often led to think, people who go along with huge crowds following them. Leaders are people who go their own way without caring, or even looking to see, whether anyone is following them. "Leadership qualities" are not the qualities that enable people to attract followers, but those that enable them to do without them. They include, at the very least, courage, endurance, patience, humor, flexibility, resourcefulness, stubbornness, a keen sense of reality, and the ability to keep a cool and clear head, even when things are going badly. True leaders, in short, do not make people into followers, but into other leaders.

To be Continued......................

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 7:26am On Dec 30, 2013
jumzzy448:
errors like?
@op, good write up.

Thanks dear.......

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2013
sapiosexual: Every family requires a leader (not dictator). (Women calm down, until we start paying dowry its not us).
Before you marry man, ask yourself

Can I respect this man?
Will my respect be reciprocated?
I'm I intelligent enough to criticize his opinions without crushing his Ego?
Is he capable of Leading me?
I'm I will to accept him as a Leader?you have an unbiased point

If your answers is no kindly sit ur pseudo feminist self wherever you are. You are not ready for Marriage.

LEADERSHIP

Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.

Leaders are not, as we are often led to think, people who go along with huge crowds following them. Leaders are people who go their own way without caring, or even looking to see, whether anyone is following them. "Leadership qualities" are not the qualities that enable people to attract followers, but those that enable them to do without them. They include, at the very least, courage, endurance, patience, humor, flexibility, resourcefulness, stubbornness, a keen sense of reality, and the ability to keep a cool and clear head, even when things are going badly. True leaders, in short, do not make people into followers, but into other leaders.

To be Continued......................
Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2013
You're going to meet many people with domineering personalities: the loud, the obnoxious, those that noisily stake their claims in your territory and everywhere else they set foot on. This is the blueprint of a predator. Predators prey on gentleness, peace, calmness, sweetness and any positivity that they sniff out as weakness. Anything that is happy and at peace they mistake for weakness. It's not your job to change these people, but it's your job to show them that your peace and gentleness do not equate to weakness. Always appear to be fragile and delicate but the thing is, don't be fragile or delicate. Be very gentle but also show that the gentle also possess a poison. Compare yourself to silk. People mistake silk to be weak but a silk handkerchief can protect the wearer from a gunshot. There are many people who will want to befriend you if you fit the description of what they think is weak; predators want to have friends that they can dominate over because that makes them feel strong and important. The truth is that predators have no strength and no courage. It is you who are strong, and it is you who has courage. Many friends have been lost over the fact that when they attempt to rip you, they can't. They will accuse you of being deceiving; Don't be deceiving, Be made of silk. It is they who are stupid and wrongly take gentleness and fairness for weakness. There are many more predators in this world, so be made of silk. You are silk.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by sapiosexual(f): 8:23am On Dec 31, 2013
The real thing that keeps men and women apart, is fear. Women blame men and men blame women, but the culprit is fear, women are afraid of one thing, men are afraid of a different thing; the fears of women have to do with losing while the fears of men have to do with not being good enough for something. One is loss, the other is insecurity. Men are innately more insecure than women and women are innately more needful of companionship than men. It's good for both men and women to be able to recognize and identify these fears not only within themselves, but within each other, and then men and women will see that they really do need to help each other. It's not a game, it's not a competition, the two sexes need one another.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism 101 by onegig(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2013
sapiosexual: [b] People mistake silk to be weak but a silk handkerchief can protect the wearer from a gunshot. [\b].

How is this true?

There are more subtler comparison.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Marriage Is Collapsing. Should I Move On Or Mend It? / My Life Will Be Alot Better If..... / Is It Right For Children To Called Their Parents With Their Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.