Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic (3294 Views)

The Johnsons-producers Run Out Of Ideas? / Who Watches THE JOHNSONS On African Magic / Pictures From The African Magic Viewers Choice Awards Event.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by Nutase: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Of all the local Nigerian series I have come across this particular one stands out. It is hilarious and also real. The concept is perfect and the characters add life to it.
I hardly miss an episode.
If you have not watched it please do and drop your comments here.
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
D soap make sense die!!
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by Andyblaze: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
At first it was boring to me but it has grown a lil bit, just a little. Not the best comedic series ever but an improved effort courtesy the Nigerian movie industry. I find some of the Characters dry tho like Efe's teacher and his younger brother. angry angry
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by bluuu: 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
currently watching it.i love it
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by kokoA(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Spiff is the most hilarious character for me.. The guy na dumbness personified .. Lol. There are some dry characters in it to sha, like Efe's youngest sister, Efe's teacher and the other kid promoted from a lower class.

If am allowed to criticize a little, I'd say the producers didn't really capture a true picture of a lower class nigerian family, that their house looks "over tooshed" for a typical ajekpako family and the kids don't look like ajekpakos neither do they dress like one. The producers could have made it more "real" in my opinion. In all, I think it is an "ok" show and I love watching it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by Beezally(f): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2013
ℓ̊ love it
kokoA: Spiff is the most hilarious character for me.. The guy na dumbness personified .. Lol. There are some dry characters in it to sha, like Efe's youngest sister, Efe's teacher and the other kid promoted from a lower class.
If am allowed to criticize a little, I'd say the producers didn't really capture a true picture of a lower class nigerian family, that their house looks "over tooshed" for a typical ajekpako family and the kids don't look like ajekpakos neither do they dress like one. The producers could have made it more "real" in my opinion. In all, I think it is an "ok" show and I love watching it.
ℓ̊ love it. But ℓ̊ dnt lyk dat guy who got promoted sha he's boring
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Smiff is so funny.. Seeing the guy alone sef is hilarious.
Re: Thread For Lovers Of "The Johnsons" On African Magic by wiki15(m): 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
African Magic has now brought in My Siblings and I to rival The Johnsons or compliment it. Here's a comprehensive review of the latest show
https://heavyng.com/blog/my-siblings-and-i-review/

(1) (Reply)

Not Sure In What Galaxy Hakeem Won D Rap Battle (EMPIRE) / Prison Break Season 05 Thread / Africa Magic Yoruba Series 'irora Iya'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.