Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (20462 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real –––pope Francis Expose / “there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:10am On Jan 31, 2016
Catholicism is not Roman Catholic. Roman Catholic is not anti Christ. In fact, Roman Catholic established Christ and theirs is Christianity. I'm not judging, but I think right now that Roman Catholic is becoming guilty of indiscretions, presumptuosness and some terminological inexactitudes.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2016
God is Universal. Even though the Roman Catholic established Christ and Christianity, the Popes are no longer the Ultimate in Bible interpretation and Understanding.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:30am On Jan 31, 2016
No sitting back. The Pope is simply confused. The Papacy should spend more time reconciling Times with the Evolution of life. They should tell us that God's hand was The Fulcrum of the Big Bang.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
He is getting senile.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2016
The Pope has acknowledged that the Bible is Metaphor and I agree one hundred percent. And so, the Septuagint, the Vulgate and the KJVs versions are all metaphors and parables of God's Instructions.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2016
This is the opinion of Francis/Obama/Gay society to rewrite the Bible by the Inspiration of the evil spirit.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by orisa37: 11:12am On Jan 31, 2016
"They wrote the Bible and they can as well rewrite the Bible", so the BBC warned Primate Akinola in 2012.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2016
It's quite clear 2 c dt op is a gullible, Catholic - hating disseminator of calumny, who is so filled wt misplaced animosity & undiluted hatred dt he didn't bother 2 carry out ordinary Google search 2 verify its authenticity.
http://m.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/dont-fall-for-this-pope-francis-hoax-5-things-to-know-and-share#.Vq3fnV2t-o8
Where I started laffn was when he said d pope conducted a 3rd Vatican Council. & me dt has bin attending church week in, week out hasn't heard? Ecumenical Councils r rare events in d Catholic church d last 1 (Vatican 2) was over half a century ago. He culled it 4rm a satirical site. All those statements r false.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 11:49am On Jan 31, 2016
SalC:
Why do people take the words of a blogger so serious that they couldn't even see the glaring lies in it?

Like seriously 3rd vatican council? Convened by who? Where? The second vatican council took place in the 60s and no other council have been held till date.

If ever the catholic church want to hold a 3rd vatican council, it will be in the media even before it starts.

This write up is nothing but a big lie
God bless u broda. U r d 1st NLER 2 speak sense. Y r most pple so gullible & stupid lyk dis? Ordinary Google search showed it was a hoax. It was 100% a work of fiction. I'm sure d op knew dis bt because his heart is so full of hate 4 d Catholic church, he decided 2 post it 2 deceive pple. He shld understand dt he can't escape karma. D Bible said "Thou shalt nt bear false witness against thy neighbor".
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pope-francis-third-vatican-council-satire.shtml
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
brocab:
Yes I agree the protestants Churches are no better.
1 John 2:15 "if you love the world and everything in the world the love of the Father is not in Him..

Its always the case isn't it, the younger Churches should take on all the blame, only because the Mother Church is to gutless to take on her own responsibilities, after all she had taught her youngsters her ways how a family should act, And after the crimes had been committed and one of her youngsters are caught in the act, then the world blames the acts, but not the facts. Youngster's learn what they see, and if they see the Mother in the act, then they usually follow.

And because you and your groupies are so proud of your Mother Church, bragging how you are more Christian then the protestants, And the protestant Churches are involved in these same crimes the Catholic Churches are involved in still. Then its right for the protestants as the youngsters to direct all the blame back to the Mother of all Churches the Catholic Church.
Because you have made your claims clearly' that your Church is the Mother Church of all Churches, the head {brain} while we are expected to sit as her body, Then the brain of the Mother Church tells her body, what to do.
And since you are part of the Mother Church you are supporting her evil deeds against the body to commit such crimes against her own Children.
Who will follow after the beast>The Mother Church that continual's in crimes such as Child molesters still, homosexuals still, lesbians still, stalkers and perverts still, thieves and robbers still, gang members and drugs still, Mafia and gangsters still all sinning, and all are sitting under the banner of the Catholic Church.
And what does the Church want "FORGIVENESS, and what does the Church do' "NOTHING?

Jesus said: By their fruits, you will know them.

Ur last sentence is true so wt can u say abt som1 who cs a false post online, doesn't verify its truth /falsity or maybe he does bt because he hates d Catholic decides 2 post it proclaiming it as d truth & pple c dis post & also wt out verifyn it launch assault on d Catholic church; some even naming d pope as antichrist? Do dey manifest d spirit of God in dt act? No its d spirit of falsehood exhibited by d serpent of old in eden & d lack of D spirit of discernment by both d op & most of d posters respectively. U compared d Catholic church 2 head of a body. I beg 2 differ. Jesus is d head of D Catholic church wt d pope as a visible head. Protestant/Pentecostals r lyk parts of dt body dt decided 2 separate 4rm dt body. U decided nt 2 submit 2 D authority of Catholic church. U r lyk d branch in d parable dt cuts itself 4rm d living vine. It might remain green @ 1st bt eventually it withers & dies. Dts y u c a lot of churches dt either folds up afta d death of their founders or divides further. Instead of being built on Christ d solid rock, most of these churches r built on d 'anointing' ( actually I think it's more of charisma) of their founders which is nothing but sinking sand. D part where u began blaming d Catholic church was q bit fuzzy 2 me bt i wld try 2 explain based on my assumptions. U r berating d church 4 condoning d presence of sinners in it. Wasn't it Jesus Christ who said "I have nt come 2 call d righteous bt sinners 2 repentance". D church doesn't condone sins bt welcome sinners 2 convert 4rm their old ways. Ur accusatory tone smacks of self-righteousness & a holier-than-thou attitude dt is unxtian.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 3:10am On Feb 01, 2016
Its always the same old saying brocab hates Catholic's, My wife is a Catholic, but the differences between you and she, she loves Jesus, more then I have heard any of you say about Him on this forum. You put Mary first before Jesus.
My wife don't pray the rosaries, nor does she worship Mary, nor bow down to her while walking into the Church.
She worships Jesus everyday, I have asked this very same question, and none of you had even tried to answer it, shedding a little light on the subject could make a huge difference. Is their two types of Catholic's?

You in the other hand have twisted my words once again, I don't hate you, it seems the Catholic's love casting that first stone, if you truly believe that Jesus came here to save the sinners, not the righteous, Then why does the Catholic Church believe their Church is the Mother Church, is this your only evidence to prove you are the vine? Or lets say the foundation?
Is this away of mocking, that not even the smaller Churches-can retrieve any of the above, Having No honour Nor glory, that only the Mother Church, can receive from her flock.
What does this mean? It's only the Mother Church who has the rights to be able to stand above, given yourselves full rights, calling yourselves righteousness, is this the true foundations you believe Jesus had stated?
Are you not classed as the Pharisees, Jesus spoke about' back then?
Matthew 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law Pharisees you hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men, for ye neither go in yourselves, nor allow anyone to go in.

One Catholic in the past had told me on this forum-she would beat her chest and swear, there was no such sign that stands anywhere outside of any Church that reads the Roman Catholic Church.
Sadly enough, I let my fingers do the walking, and I found the evidence these signs were everywhere, And because of my honesty, I was abused and slapped and kicked in the face by the Catholic's in all directions-verbally, Only because I found the truth.
And still you have the cheek calling me a Catholic Hater.

Why do Catholic's believe they are the vine that lives. Why do they believe the Church stands on stronger foundations, then the rest?
{John 15:1}"I am the true vine {John 14:6} "I am the way and the truth and the life.
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For no man can lay any foundation, then that is laid which is Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2:20 "And are Built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, Jesus Christ Himself is the chief corner stone.
Matthew 16:16 "Jesus asked who do you say who I am, Peter answered him, saying you are the Son of the Living God, Jesus said, this did not come from flesh and blood, but my Father in heaven, and on this rock {which means the word} I will build My Church.
Its funny how the Catholic Church had truly put this scripture through the mill-This scripture has nothing to do with Peter building your Church. The Church of Jesus Christ is the word of God.
If You are still wondering why the protestants, are leaving your Church, it is not because you believe you are the true vine, or the true foundations.
Its because the lord had called them out from among you, Jesus said My sheep know My voice.
I honestly believe when Jesus spoke the the Pharisees back then, He is still speaking to the Pharisees today. As history had repeated itself, the protestants were slaughtered by the Catholic Church, they had risked their lives to save our lives, finding Christ as their Lord and savour, only because they believed in Christ, more then they believed in the Catholic Church it self.
Acting like soldiers, they changed the word of God from the Greek language to English, and paid the price and died a horrible death, in the name of Jesus. By THE ONE AND ONLY the Mother Church, that same Church the Catholic's call home.
We can not deny the truth, nor shall you.

gemale:

Ur last sentence is true so wt can u say abt som1 who cs a false post online, doesn't verify its truth /falsity or maybe he does bt because he hates d Catholic decides 2 post it proclaiming it as d truth & pple c dis post & also wt out verifyn it launch assault on d Catholic church; some even naming d pope as antichrist? Do dey manifest d spirit of God in dt act? No its d spirit of falsehood exhibited by d serpent of old in eden & d lack of D spirit of discernment by both d op & most of d posters respectively. U compared d Catholic church 2 head of a body. I beg 2 differ. Jesus is d head of D Catholic church wt d pope as a visible head. Protestant/Pentecostals r lyk parts of dt body dt decided 2 separate 4rm dt body. U decided nt 2 submit 2 D authority of Catholic church. U r lyk d branch in d parable dt cuts itself 4rm d living vine. It might remain green @ 1st bt eventually it withers & dies. Dts y u c a lot of churches dt either folds up afta d death of their founders or divides further. Instead of being built on Christ d solid rock, most of these churches r built on d 'anointing' ( actually I think it's more of charisma) of their founders which is nothing but sinking sand. D part where u began blaming d Catholic church was q bit fuzzy 2 me bt i wld try 2 explain based on my assumptions. U r berating d church 4 condoning d presence of sinners in it. Wasn't it Jesus Christ who said "I have nt come 2 call d righteous bt sinners 2 repentance". D church doesn't condone sins bt welcome sinners 2 convert 4rm their old ways. Ur accusatory tone smacks of self-righteousness & a holier-than-thou attitude dt is unxtian.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 12:16am On Feb 02, 2016
brocab:
Its always the same old saying brocab hates Catholic's, My wife is a Catholic, but the differences between you and she, she loves Jesus, more then I have heard any of you say about Him on this forum. You put Mary first before Jesus.
My wife don't pray the rosaries, nor does she worship Mary, nor bow down to her while walking into the Church.
She worships Jesus everyday, I have asked this very same question, and none of you had even tried to answer it, shedding a little light on the subject could make a huge difference. Is their two types of Catholic's?

You in the other hand have twisted my words once again, I don't hate you, it seems the Catholic's love casting that first stone, if you truly believe that Jesus came here to save the sinners, not the righteous, Then why does the Catholic Church believe their Church is the Mother Church, is this your only evidence to prove you are the vine? Or lets say the foundation?
Is this away of mocking, that not even the smaller Churches-can retrieve any of the above, Having No honour Nor glory, that only the Mother Church, can receive from her flock.
What does this mean? It's only the Mother Church who has the rights to be able to stand above, given yourselves full rights, calling yourselves righteousness, is this the true foundations you believe Jesus had stated?
Matthew 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law Pharisees you hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men, for ye neither go in yourselves, nor allow anyone to go in.

One Catholic in the past had told me on this forum-she would beat her chest and swear, there was no such sign that stands anywhere outside of any Church that reads the Roman Catholic Church.
Sadly enough, I let my fingers do the walking, and I found the evidence these signs were everywhere, And because of my honesty, I was abused and slapped and kicked in the face by the Catholic's in all directions-verbally, Only because I found the truth.

Why do Catholic's believe they are the vine that lives. Why do they believe the Church stands on stronger foundations, then the rest?
{John 15:1}"I am the true vine {John 14:6} "I am the way and the truth and the life.
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For no man can lay any foundation, then that is laid which is Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2:20 "And are Built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, Jesus Christ Himself is the chief corner stone.
Matthew 16:16 "Jesus asked who do you say who I am, Peter answered him, saying you are the Son of the Living God, Jesus said, this did not come from flesh and blood, but my Father in heaven, and on this rock {which means the word} I will build My Church.
Its funny how the Catholic Church had truly put this scripture through the mill-This scripture has nothing to do with Peter building your Church. The Church of Jesus Christ is the word of God.
If You are still wondering why the protestants, are leaving your Church, it is not because you believe you are the true vine, or the true foundations.
Its because the lord had called them out from among you, Jesus said My sheep know My voice.
I honestly believe when Jesus spoke the the Pharisees back then, He is still speaking to the Pharisees today. As history had repeated itself, the protestants were slaughtered by the Catholic Church, they had risked their lives to save our lives, finding Christ as their Lord and savour, only because they believed in Christ, more then they believed in the Catholic Church it self.
Acting like soldiers, they changed the word of God from the Greek language to English, and paid the price and died a horrible death, in the name of Jesus. By THE ONE AND ONLY the Mother Church, that same Church the Catholic's call home.

Ur 1st allegation of Catholics nt loving Jesus is totally false- we love Jesus very very very much. We love Jesus so much dt we r instructed 2 either bow our heads or genuflect (bend d knee) when we hear His name in obedience 2 scripture "@ d name of Jesus, every knee shall bow". we love Jesus so much dt we set aside several dates 2 celebrate Him - feast of Christ d king, solemnity of D baptism of Jesus, ascension of Jesus, transfiguration of Jesus etc. We love Jesus so much dt starting 4rm ash Wednesday (10th February dis year), we earmark 40 days of fasting, abstinence, penance, prayer & charitable deeds 2 remember hw he suffered & died 4 us (lent). Words can't fully express d love & awe we feel 4 our Lord, master, founder & Savior Jesus Christ (bows head). As 4 ur wyf, I wouldn't say anything abt her except she doesn't seem 2 know d Catholic faith well. Even d rosary is abt Jesus. As we say d rosary, we meditate on our Lord Jesus Christ (bows head). If u think I'm lying, ask ur wyf 2 tell u abt d 4 mysteries of D Holy rosary - d joyful mystery talks abt His birth & early lyf, D luminous mystery (included by John Paul II) talks abt His earthly ministry, D sorrowful mystery talks abt His suffering & death while D glorious mystery talks about His resurrection & ascension in2 heaven. D last 2 glorious mysteries (d assumption & coronation of D blessed virgin Mary) r dogmas of D church dt came 4rm subsequent revelations 2 men/women of God. Once again 4 d umpteenth tym, we don't worship Mary in d Catholic church. We r taught 2 honor her similar (bt way more) 2 D way we love & honor our earthly mothers. I state unashamedly & unequivocally dt Mary is my mother & d mother of any true disciple of Jesus. It's in line wt d words of Jesus as He hung 4rm d cross "mother, ur son;son ur mother". Ur farce of an allegation was made evident when u accused Catholics of putting Mary b4 Jesus. Check d catechism & teachings of D Catholic church. Any devotion 2 Mary dt put her on d level or above Jesus is discouraged. Our Lady herself (Mary) frowns @ such devotion. Her chief message 2 us then, now & always is wt she said @ d wedding in Cana "do whatever He (Jesus) tells u". She just intercedes 4 us her children as she also did @ d wedding in Cana (similar 2 wt u pple call "standing in d gap"wink. As 4 bowing In d church, we do dt 2 D body & blood of Christ (bows head) in d form of bread kept in d church nt d statue of Mary. We have so much love 2 give in d Catholic church dt we don't feel Jesus & Mary r competitors 4 our love. Our love 4 Jesus leads us 2 love & cherish His mother (& ours too) as He does. U ask if dere r 2 types of Catholics?No. D belief of D Catholic church is uniform anywhere in d world. We r nt split, splintered & contradictory as d various arms of Pentecostals & Protestants. Dts y we r d true church of Christ because we meet d all 4 requirements of D church of christ, we r 1,holy,Catholic & apostolic church. We r 1bcos we r United similar 2 D way Jesus & God r wt d pope as our visible head, holy because of D grace of being in Union wt Jesus Christ (bows head) & 1 anoda (nt by power nor by might), Catholic (derived 4rm d latin word "catholicos" meaning universal) because we r found in almost every part of D word doing as our Lord & master commanded in d great commission "go ye & make disciples of ALL nations" & also uniformity of our doctrines, apostolic because we cld b historically linked 2 D apostles of Christ. We r planted by Jesus Christ (bows head) wt d apostles as roots. No oda church meets these 4 requirements; is it d Lutherans dt has has its founder a man who hated d Catholic church, translated d Bible in2 German bt left out d book of James so dt his followers wldnt find scriptural contradiction 2 his 'fide sola' pillar, a man who broke d vow of celibacy he took b4 God? 2 b cont'd....
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 3:39am On Feb 02, 2016
brocab:

cont'd...
Or is it d Anglicans (scions of D church of England) who has as their founder Henry VIII, a man so consumed wt lust 4 a woman & quest 4 a male heir dt he broke away because d church didn't allow him divorce his wyf Catherine 2 marry Anna boleyn. He then made himself d head of D church in England, divorced his wife & married a new 1. Tell me which oda church has its roots in d tym of Jesus (bows)? We call a spade by its name & u term us arrogant. Nw 2 ansa ur questions abt d authority of D church using various biblical verses, dont u c dt we r aptly defined by eph 2:20 u quoted. Christ is our chief cornerstone wt d apostles our true foundation. Oda churches can't b traced lyk us, u r all man-made (no iota of pride here; just truth) ur attempt 2 twist scripture 2 refute dt Peter wasn't d rock Jesus referred 2 was a gargantuan failure. Let's go 2 D gospel of Matthew 16:18 "& I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter (d Greek word used here was Petros meaning" rock", nw u understand d folly of translating d Bible wt out knowledge) & upon this rock (Petros used again), I wld build MY church (nt a church) & the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. So d only way u can say d church of Christ wasn't built on Peter (d 1st pope) is either if u don't understand English language or u r trying 2 contradict Jesus (bows). Dts 1 of my problems wt most Pentecostals /Protestants. U twist scripture 2 suit ur interests always glossing over or cutting out d incriminating parts dt contradict u all in a bid 2 deceive d gullible. Dis is a hard saying dt only a mature & knowledgeable xtian can take. Jesus left 1 entity when he left 4 heaven & later on sent d 2nd entity & neither of dem was d Bible. D 1st was His church wt Peter as head & d 2nd was d Holy spirit (paraclete) 2 guide her (d church). So wt u said abt d word of God as d rock referred 2 doesn't hold water. D Bible wasn't compiled (or as u say written) until after d death of D apostles & if u follow wt u preach isn't d Bible d total word of God? So in line wt d Bible verse i quoted, any church nt built on Peter is no true church of Christ. Even scripture invalidates d existence of ur church. U accuse d church of shutting d way 2 heaven lyk d pharisee? Hw? By telling d truth 2 scions of rebellion called 'churches'? Bob Marley said "if u knew ur history, then u wld know where u r coming 4rm". Dig deep & u wld find out @ 1 point in d history of ur church, ur founder either broke away 4rm his spiritual superior on a hostile manner or clandestinely went 2 set up wt out approval & blessing 4rm his previous place of worship a times taking wt him members of dt congregation. Is dt wt u call being led by d Holy spirit? Is dt His modus operandi? Creating division, strife, disunity & most tyms hatred in d body of Christ? I don't think so. Anyone dt does dt is nt a sheep in d Lord's flock rather he/she is a goat. As 4 dt issue abt y d church is called "Roman Catholic" u already know y it's called Catholic (I explained earlier) d Roman is due d fact dt d pope is also d bishop of Rome. Rome played a very huge part in d history of D church. St Paul was beheaded dere. Dere was a lot of persecution of early xtians dere as it was d capital of D world then. As 4 translation of D Bible, I pointed out ur folly earlier on. When deres a translation, deres always a loss of complete meaning (language experts can testify), yes d church was overzealous in its bid 2 prevent translation of D Bible 4rm its original languages bt it was ryt. Nw every Tom, dick & Harry picks d Bible, haphazardly reads it & draws 2 wteva conclusions he can fit. Dts y c 1 man who claims 2 have gone 2 'Bible college' 4 3 months giving himself titles lyk pastor evangelist, apostle & so on going 2 establish a church, claiming 2 b led by d spirit. Tell me is it possible 2 gain an in depth knowledge of D things of God on so short a tym? 2 b cont'd...

Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 4:37am On Feb 02, 2016
brocab:

cont'd...
D result of dis is d huge amount of half-baked preachers deceiving gullible pple left, ryt & center. Of dem Jesus Christ (bows) says, "can d blind lead d blind? Dey wld both fall in a pit". Some of dem r so crafty dt dey twist d sacred words of Scripture 2 support their nefarious interests lyk amassing wealth. Oda use it 4 oda dreadful acts. U must have heard abt fiascos lyk d Jim Jones Mass suicide in Guyana. U accuse d Catholic church of being 2day's pharisee bt listen 2 these Matt 23:23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenthof your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness". Is dt a practice rampant in most Pentecostal churches? Even on campuses, dey coerce students 2 pay tithe 4rm pocket money even when it's clear dt dey dnt earn wages bt r dependent on their parents. In verse 14, He says " Woe unto you, scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." When a pastor tells d mostly poor pple in his church 2 'sow' D little dey have wt assurance dt dey wld get 'breakthrough', is he nt lyk d pharisees ? Dey tell a young man/woman 2 'sow' their 1st salary oblivious 2 D huge financial responsibilities dey might face. Meanwhile d pastor drives d flashiest cars, lives luxuriously & even might fly private Jets while his gullible followers r living in abject penury. Hw Christ like is dt?
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
What? You didn't listen, I said Jesus said: My sheep know My voice.
1 John 1:5-6 "This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that god is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
If we say we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practise the truth.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means of financial Gain, From such withdraw yourselves.
Is this your only evidence you can provide, do you really believe these men are pentecostal, protestants, men walking with God?
Is not the Catholic Church the most riches Church that stands. Do you not pay large amounts of monies to keep you out of purgatory, to free your love ones from that place of torment.
What differences are these preaches to your priest? Both collecting riches.

gemale:
cont'd...
D result of dis is d huge amount of half-baked preachers deceiving gullible pple left, ryt & center. Of dem Jesus Christ (bows) says, "can d blind lead d blind? Dey wld both fall in a pit". Some of dem r so crafty dt dey twist d sacred words of Scripture 2 support their nefarious interests lyk amassing wealth. Oda use it 4 oda dreadful acts. U must have heard abt fiascos lyk d Jim Jones Mass suicide in Guyana. U accuse d Catholic church of being 2day's pharisee bt listen 2 these Matt 23:23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenthof your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness". Is dt a practice rampant in most Pentecostal churches? Even on campuses, dey coerce students 2 pay tithe 4rm pocket money even when it's clear dt dey dnt earn wages bt r dependent on their parents. In verse 14, He says " Woe unto you, scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." When a pastor tells d mostly poor pple in his church 2 'sow' D little dey have wt assurance dt dey wld get 'breakthrough', is he nt lyk d pharisees ? Dey tell a young man/woman 2 'sow' their 1st salary oblivious 2 D huge financial responsibilities dey might face. Meanwhile d pastor drives d flashiest cars, lives luxuriously & even might fly private Jets while his gullible followers r living in abject penury. Hw Christ like is dt?
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Show me until you are black and blue-The scripture has nothing to do with Peter personally, flesh and blood can not speak such words. But the Spirit of God can.{Meaning the word that came out of Peters mouth was not from his own flesh and blood} Jesus said and on this rock I will build My Church. These words were spoken through Peter by the Spirit of God.
Jesus then said: with these words I will build My church. Christ is the chief corner stone. Christ is the true foundation, Christ is the rock, Christ Is the Word from the beginning.
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
Matthew 7:24 "Therefore whoever hears these words of Mine, and puts them into practise is like a wise man who built his house on a rock.
gemale:
cont'd...
Or is it d Anglicans (scions of D church of England) who has as their founder Henry VIII, a man so consumed wt lust 4 a woman & quest 4 a male heir dt he broke away because d church didn't allow him divorce his wyf Catherine 2 marry Anna boleyn. He then made himself d head of D church in England, divorced his wife & married a new 1. Tell me which oda church has its roots in d tym of Jesus (bows)? We call a spade by its name & u term us arrogant. Nw 2 ansa ur questions abt d authority of D church using various biblical verses, dont u c dt we r aptly defined by eph 2:20 u quoted. Christ is our chief cornerstone wt d apostles our true foundation. Oda churches can't b traced lyk us, u r all man-made (no iota of pride here; just truth) ur attempt 2 twist scripture 2 refute dt Peter wasn't d rock Jesus referred 2 was a gargantuan failure. Let's go 2 D gospel of Matthew 16:18 "& I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter (d Greek word used here was Petros meaning" rock", nw u understand d folly of translating d Bible wt out knowledge) & upon this rock (Petros used again), I wld build MY church (nt a church) & the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. So d only way u can say d church of Christ wasn't built on Peter (d 1st pope) is either if u don't understand English language or u r trying 2 contradict Jesus (bows). Dts 1 of my problems wt most Pentecostals /Protestants. U twist scripture 2 suit ur interests always glossing over or cutting out d incriminating parts dt contradict u all in a bid 2 deceive d gullible. Dis is a hard saying dt only a mature & knowledgeable xtian can take. Jesus left 1 entity when he left 4 heaven & later on sent d 2nd entity & neither of dem was d Bible. D 1st was His church wt Peter as head & d 2nd was d Holy spirit (paraclete) 2 guide her (d church). So wt u said abt d word of God as d rock referred 2 doesn't hold water. D Bible wasn't compiled (or as u say written) until after d death of D apostles & if u follow wt u preach isn't d Bible d total word of God? So in line wt d Bible verse i quoted, any church nt built on Peter is no true church of Christ. Even scripture invalidates d existence of ur church. U accuse d church of shutting d way 2 heaven lyk d pharisee? Hw? By telling d truth 2 scions of rebellion called 'churches'? Bob Marley said "if u knew ur history, then u wld know where u r coming 4rm". Dig deep & u wld find out @ 1 point in d history of ur church, ur founder either broke away 4rm his spiritual superior on a hostile manner or clandestinely went 2 set up wt out approval & blessing 4rm his previous place of worship a times taking wt him members of dt congregation. Is dt wt u call being led by d Holy spirit? Is dt His modus operandi? Creating division, strife, disunity & most tyms hatred in d body of Christ? I don't think so. Anyone dt does dt is nt a sheep in d Lord's flock rather he/she is a goat. As 4 dt issue abt y d church is called "Roman Catholic" u already know y it's called Catholic (I explained earlier) d Roman is due d fact dt d pope is also d bishop of Rome. Rome played a very huge part in d history of D church. St Paul was beheaded dere. Dere was a lot of persecution of early xtians dere as it was d capital of D world then. As 4 translation of D Bible, I pointed out ur folly earlier on. When deres a translation, deres always a loss of complete meaning (language experts can testify), yes d church was overzealous in its bid 2 prevent translation of D Bible 4rm its original languages bt it was ryt. Nw every Tom, dick & Harry picks d Bible, haphazardly reads it & draws 2 wteva conclusions he can fit. Dts y c 1 man who claims 2 have gone 2 'Bible college' 4 3 months giving himself titles lyk pastor evangelist, apostle & so on going 2 establish a church, claiming 2 b led by d spirit. Tell me is it possible 2 gain an in depth knowledge of D things of God on so short a tym? 2 b cont'd...
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by gemale(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
brocab:
What? You didn't listen, I said Jesus said: My sheep know My voice.
1 John 1:5-6 "This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that god is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
If we say we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practise the truth.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means of financial Gain, From such withdraw yourselves.
Is this your only evidence you can provide, do you really believe these men are pentecostal, protestants, men walking with God?
Is not the Catholic Church the most riches Church that stands. Do you not pay large amounts of monies to keep you out of purgatory, to free your love ones from that place of torment.
What differences are these preaches to your priest? Both collecting riches.

guy u r so so ignorant of d practices of the catholic church. pls b4 u reply me again, go and find out about the real catholic church. u r just telling fairy tales and brandishing dem as facts. since i started attending the catholic church (i was born in the catholic church and baptized as an infant), i have never heard any priest soliciting for funds for the souls in purgatory. you are only told to pray for their souls.the only advice you are given to be eligible for eternal life is believe in Jesus Christ (bows), be baptized,try your best to obey God's commandments, participate in the sacraments worthily. the difference between priests and pastors is very obvious. Even the pope doesn't have a private jet ( thereby rubbishing the excuse that some men of God give that they got the jets because of they need it for their busy ministrations; you can't be busier than the pope; he is in charge of more than a billion catholics).When priests are ordained,they take avow of chastity (abstinence from sexual activity and matrimony),poverty and obedience. The dominicans (order of preachers) dont allow priests in their order operate personal bank accounts. All their needs are attended to by the order. If you have data, google up the contents of the will of the late pope john paul II. Spoiler alert- the most valuable assets he bequeathed were his library of books. The remaining property were his personals effects like clothes,shoes and other littl items. He left all thes to whoever indicated interest for them. you dont see priest asking members of his congregation to sow into his life. It depends on the willingness and suggestion of his members.It is common to see priests donating gifts they were given to other needier people.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by Ubenedictus(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
brocab:
Show me until you are black and blue-The scripture has nothing to do with Peter personally, flesh and blood can not speak such words. But the Spirit of God can.{Meaning the word that came out of Peters mouth was not from his own flesh and blood} Jesus said and on this rock I will build My Church. These words were spoken through Peter by the Spirit of God.
Jesus then said: with these words I will build My church. Christ is the chief corner stone. Christ is the true foundation, Christ is the rock, Christ Is the Word from the beginning.
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
Matthew 7:24 "Therefore whoever hears these words of Mine, and puts them into practise is like a wise man who built his house on a rock.
JESUS said, 'u ar kepha and upon this kepha i wil build my church', he was clearly talking to peter.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2016
He was talking to Peter, "But" He was talking about the Word God Had spoken through Peter. The word is the Church. Jesus is the word. Jesus is the head and we are the body. Jesus is the chief corner stone. The word is the foundation that's built on solid rock.
Peter isn't the word.
Acts 7:48 "However the Most High does not live in Houses {Temples} made by human hands.
Is not the Catholic Church built by men of brick and mortar.
God lives in a Spiritual house {which means the Saints}
Are we not the Saints.
Colossians 1:24 "Now we can see here the Church is not a building made of Bricks and mortar "But the Church is the body of Christ.
Are we not the body of Christ.
Acts 2:38 "Peter said unto them repent, and be Baptised everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remissions of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy-Spirit.
Is God not a Spirit.
Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and Earth will pass away, but My Words will never pass away.
{Meaning you Church building is dead, Meaning His Word lives}
So there you have it Uben, your Church building is nothing, God doesn't live in your Church building made by Human hands.
GOD IS SPIRIT AND HE LIVES IN HIS PEOPLE.

Ubenedictus:
JESUS said, 'u ar kepha and upon this kepha i wil build my church', he was clearly talking to peter.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 12:36am On Feb 05, 2016
The Roman Catholic's believe the word "rock" our saviour Jesus could not have meant Himself, but only Peter, as so much more apparent in Aramaic in which the same word {Kipha} is used for "Peter" the Rock.
This statement alone admits of one explanation, namely He wishes to make Peter the head of the hole community of those who believe in Him as the true Messias; that through this foundation {Peter} the kingdom of Christ would be unconquerable; that the spiritual guidance of the faithful was place in the hands of Peter, as the special representative of Christ.

The Aramaic Kepha, In contrast to this, in paragraph of the Roman Catholic Church says the rock cannot prefer to Jesus, "But only Peter, as so much more apparent in Aramaic, which the word {kipha} is used for "Peter" the rock".
The problem is' the text used is not Aramaic but Greek. Since we do not have the Aramaic text, it is not proper to refer it as proof of the Roman Catholic position.
We would have to ask ourselves why would the Roman Catholic Church, resort in using something that we don't have: the Aramaic text.
Is it because their argument isn't supported by the Greek so they must infer something from a text we don't process.

Furthermore in John 1:42 "It says he brought him the Jesus, Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon the son of John; you shall be called Cephas, {Which is translated Peter} "The "Peter" in here is "Petros not Petra. It is used to elucidate the Aramaic Kephas Which is not a name in Aramaic.
Except in John 1:42 "Where it is used to elucidate the Aramaic Kephas, Petros is used in the NT only as a name for Simon Peter.
The translation supports the view that Kepha is not a proper name, since one does not usually translate proper names.
Jesus is the Rock on which the Church is built. The truth is the only foundation is Jesus. The only Rock of truth is Jesus Christ, and that we, as His redeemed need to keep our eye's on Him. We are to look to no-one else as the foundation, the source, on the hope to which the Church is built. The Church is build upon "Jesus" not Peter.
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For no-man can lay a foundation other then the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Ubenedictus:
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by MrIyke222(m): 3:09am On Feb 05, 2016
tungstar:
I don't think I have anything to say,add or remove....letz just sit back and watch as thing unfold.......

you dnt hv anytin 2 say posibly because u dnt knw d truth. . The bible says dat "we shall knw d truth nd d truth shal set us free. The entrance of d word of God giveth light"

Dont jst sit bck and watch hw things unfold cos when u dont have d right thing in ur hand, sombdy wil giv u d wrong tin.

Dont sit on d fence!!! Rcive Jesus in ur heart, search d scripture nd u wil knw d real truth abt 'heaven nd hell, Adam nd Eve and any oda tin.

May God grant u undrstanding in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by Ubenedictus(m): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2016
BROCAB you need to start reading d bible and stop hanging on the lies u pastors told u.

the bible clearly gives us the aramic translation of d name. Jesus spoke aramic and the bible recorded d aramic name. Open to gal 2:9, gal 2:11.
The word is clear his name is kepha.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 3:00am On Feb 06, 2016
This is what I love about you Uben you have nothing good to say about anybody-And you pounce around calling yourself a Christian.
Even thus you have built your Church upon Peter's name?
Matthew 16:18 "Has other idea's. Jesus said get behind Me Cephas {Satan} you are an offence to Me, For you are not mindful the things of God, but the things of men.
So does this mean your Church is built on the things of men?
At first Jesus said, on this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of Hades will not previle against it.
Matthew 16:23 "And then Jesus say's to "Peter" get behind Me Satan.
This is a quick change from Jesus? At first He was giving "Peter" the glory, as the Catholic Church have twisted it too believe. And after hearing the words Peter had spoken, Jesus then said: Simon Peter and ON this Rock I will build My Church and the gates of hades will not previle against it.
Did we read this right? ON this Rock I will build this church Petros Petra Rock I will build my Church.
So this clearly that Jesus was talking about the words God had spoken through "Peter, Not "Peter" himself.
Jesus's next breath was
Cepha>"Peter" get behind Me Satan.
Which means the Church isn't built on the nickname Christ had given Peter' but it's built on the word of God, and the gates of Hades will previle against it.
Is this is what the scriptures tell us, or do you have a different bible?
Ubenedictus:
BROCAB you need to start reading d bible and stop hanging on the lies u pastors told u.

the bible clearly gives us the aramic translation of d name. Jesus spoke aramic and the bible recorded d aramic name. Open to gal 2:9, gal 2:11.
The word is clear his name is kepha.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by Ubenedictus(m): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Jesus said "you are kepha and on this kepha i will build my church"
Brocab says no no no, it is "you are kepha and on ANOTHER kepha i will build my church".
now who is correct? i was Jesus, wat do u say?
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Try this one Ubennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Many scholars in Israel assume Jesus taught in Hebrew? But Joseph Fitzmyer Professor of the Emeritus of the Catholic University in Washington D C. America, one of the world's N/T scholars suggest that Jesus employed an Aramaic wordplay {Kepha-Kepha} in his responds to Peter's declaration.
How ever Fitzmyer acknowledges a difficulty: Fitzmyer wondered why Jesus did not say "On this Petros I will build?
From the Greek word Petros meaning "Stone or Rock" and yet according to the N/T Jesus gave Peter {Whose given name was Simon} the name Kephas or Cephas meaning "stone" in Aramaic.
This report was handed down by J.A. Fitzmyer-So It just shows one word taken out of bible text, how the Wikipedia explains it, Petra-Petros meaning a boulder or a large Rock" and Cephas meaning a "stone.
This can cause manager problems throughout bible history.

So which is it, did Matthew 16:18 say Cepha meaning a small stone? Or did Matthew 16:18 say Petros-Petra meaning large rock or boulder?
And my bible say's Cephas. if Peter was the stone, then it leaves Jesus to be Petros-Petra the rock. I will build My Church upon My Rock.
Ubenedictus:
Jesus said "you are kepha and on this kepha i will build my church"

Brocab says no no no,
it is "you are kepha and on ANOTHER kepha i will build my church".

now who is correct? i was Jesus, wat do u say?
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by Ubenedictus(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
Brocab is now confusing himself, he cant decided who is called peter and cephas, it is d same person and it isnt Jesus, it is simon bar jonah. he is both peter and cephas, and Jesus said to him 'on this rock i will build my church, i will give you the keys'

He didnt say 'on my rock i will build my church, i will give me d keys'.

The bible is clear on this and refuses every attempt of brocab to misinterprete.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by OmoOsanyin: 5:34am On Feb 08, 2016
princechinedu:

Am not in support or against d catholic, but if this is true of what the pope said then its a pity to say that the church would soon b polluted,as in no distant time gay marrages would become compulsory in d catholic church..

the church has long been polluted for eons, a nauseating irritating stench, especially in Nigeria, day by day it stinks disgusting abominable foul on the verge of destruction and total collapse winksmiley:p.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by OmoOsanyin: 5:36am On Feb 08, 2016
orisa37:
God is Universal. Even though the Roman Catholic established Christ and Christianity, the Popes are no longer the Ultimate in Bible interpretation and Understanding.

oh yeah...and who created the bible?
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by OmoOsanyin: 5:40am On Feb 08, 2016
orisa37:
This is the opinion of Francis/Obama/Gay society to rewrite the Bible by the Inspiration of the evil spirit.

anf the initial written via what inspiration? Holy spirit? ...nah!
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 8:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Just with that statement, You really don't know the bible do you? No Jesus didn't say on My rock I was just using my own words dick head.
And on this Rock I will build My Church-but the sad part about it, Jesus may have been talking to Peter, but He was talking about the words God had spoken through Peter, Not Peter himself.
The Rock is the Word of God, not flesh and blood; and I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven again it's the Word. Peter is flesh and blood, its the word that had built the foundations Jesus {Word} is the chief corner stone. No-one can lay down, what's already been laid.
Why am I explaining myself to you anyway, you don't even know who Jesus is, and you don't know anything about the bible, you are not a born again Christian, and you believe in a Church that Jesus nor Peter has anything to do with.
You should try and ask the Lord into your heart, and receive the Holy Spirit, then come at me with these beliefs of yours. You won't even believe them yourself.
Ubenedictus:
Brocab is now confusing himself, he cant decided who is called peter and cephas, it is d same person and it isnt Jesus, it is simon bar jonah. he is both peter and cephas, and Jesus said to him 'on this rock i will build my church, i will give you the keys'

He didnt say 'on my rock i will build my church, i will give me d keys'.

The bible is clear on this and refuses every attempt of brocab to misinterprete.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by Ubenedictus(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2016
Sorry dear, he was talking to peter and talking about peter. He said "blessed are u simon bar jona...and i tell u u are peter(kepha) and on this rock(kepha) i will build my church...I will give YOU d keys of d kingdom". It is very clear Jesus was given d 'word' an new name, it was peter he gave d name, he didnt give keys to d word, he gave it to peter, he said i wil give 'YOU' the keys, he didnt say i will give my word d keys.
Re: The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real by brocab: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Read your bible, the words Peter spoke weren't his own, Jesus said these words did not come from flesh and blood but by My Father in heaven, and I tell you that you are Peter, {Meaning Rock} and on this rock I will build My Church.
I will give you the Keys, and the gates of hades will not previle against it, against what?
Explain to me the reason why Jesus gave Peter such authority?
It appears Simon receive the nickname Peter because Simon came across being a strong man, and of course Rock would make up a good description for Simon size and build.
This scripture shows us clearly, Jesus did not give any authority to Peter, He was only preferring to the nickname, Jesus had given him from the beginning, and because Peter's nickname means Rock, Jesus had use it, as away to get His message across.
Lets look at
Matthew 7:24 "Anyone who listens to My teachings, and follows it wise, is like a person who builds his house on a Rock.
It seems Jesus had mention the word Rock, and again He was preferring to the word of God.
Really Uben" have you lost your mind? How does one think the way you think?
Jesus didn't give Peter any of the authority above more then the other disciples, they were all equal, none was greater then the other.
Uben" you need the Spirit of God to lead you with this one.
Ubenedictus:
Sorry dear, he was talking to peter and talking about peter. He said "blessed are u simon bar jona...and i tell u u are peter(kepha) and on this rock(kepha) i will build my church...I will give YOU d keys of d kingdom". It is very clear Jesus was given d 'word' an new name, it was peter he gave d name, he didnt give keys to d word, he gave it to peter, he said i wil give 'YOU' the keys, he didnt say i will give my word d keys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping / Out Of 3,604 Ordained Pastors Why Single Out Remi Tinubu? / Funny Prayer Request(s) You've Ever Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 247
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.