Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 (28402 Views)

Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!! / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by madnigerian: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2014
Xtremely Coded: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?

EDIT:-
i dy feel on top the world baba give me grace..........thanks to God oga seun,my moderators.........makinq frontpage dix first day of the year...........i climb on top aso rock dy dance *skelewu*

Well, here is what one needs to do.

1.Start studing earlier for JAMB.....at least 9 months previously before the exam.

2.Start solving as many past questions as possible.

3.Don't wait for EXPO. Take it from me...you do not need to go into the exam hall with the answers in your hand if you have read well enough.

4.If you get admitted into a college of education or poly...don't scream.....use this lemon to make lemonade. Make the best of your polytechnic experience.(My uncle went to Polytechnic...and became a successful accountant).

Two useful articles...

HOW TO STUDY FOR EXAMS......http://www.wikihow.com/Study-For-Exams

HOW TO STUDY FOR A-LEVELS(EQUIVALENT TO UTME).....http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/aug/22/gcse-students-prepare-for-a-levels

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Nonywendy(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2014
Xtremely Coded: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?

EDIT:-
i dy feel on top the world baba give me grace..........thanks to God oga seun,my moderators.........makinq frontpage dix first day of the year...........i climb on top aso rock dy dance *skelewu*
source
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by isreal911(m): 11:13am On Jan 01, 2014
Mehn dis guyz definately wna kill us, am gno scrap dis jamb stuff if am oga @ d top
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by nuele(m): 11:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Angelstartups: The idea of first choice or second choice needs to be abolished.Candidates should be given the opportunity to select even upto 3 options per institution type,without depicting which is first choice,second or third choice.That way the institutions will receive scores of all the candidates that picked them and take it from there to select top candidates based on merit.
In developed climes,SAT or TOEFL or UCAS (UK) doesn't ask for first choice or second choice or third choice,they allow you select the schools that interest you.In fact,you can still forward your scores to other schools after the exams.Nigeria should take a cue from this and stop limiting Nigerians from been educated.

Awesome, dis fellow nairalander, said all dt ws on my mind, i think jamb is inconsiderate here, are d unis,polys and colleges complaining, i fink d problem wit most agencies in naija is dt, dey fink dier hatched policies for nigerians are automatically correct.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Manazz(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2014
How about you make this JAMB just be like a normal Exam one can take and then he can apply to any school he wishes , you know like sane countries do. While other Countries are trying to ease getting Education for their students this country just wants to make it even harder for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by bennyzer(m): 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
Jamb
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by stano2(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
idris4r83: Better. I c no reason in choosing 2 universities and blocking other peoples chances. This is a welcome development
pls explain, what do u mean by blocking people chances, i got admitted through second choice , did i stop people from getting a high score.

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by ejihand1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
Get out! Because you are opportune. Are you better than some of us here. An alien and 3rd class citizen in America.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by ejihand1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
Get out! Because you are opportuned . Are you better than some of us here. An alien and 3rd class citizen in America.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by tayork(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
rhajaan:
About d cheap education,you mean "abroad" in benin republic?! Or abroad in U.K...?#justpassing
Abroad can be kenya,chad as well.....maybe he is talking about kenya
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Samcathe: 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
In my own point of view, I think this is a good idea. most schools neva consider 2nd choice candidate for admission, they only use their post jamb money to beautify the school.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
oloyedayo:
hope u will be happy if u loose any of ur family members that way. stewpid fellow.

go home n tell that to ur father dat i said his loudmouthed son trailer go jam am
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by AbuMikey(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nigellus_Hosan:

go home n tell that to ur father dat i said his loudmouthed son trailer go jam am

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by KKImoh: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Olril18:
for me,its a controversial descision..
the truth is, admission opportunities will now be limited,no matter how u look at it.....now federal schs will undoubtedly be getting the highest percentage of candidates,but u forgot spaces are limited,(imagine 100,000 candidates choosing a federal sch,in which only 5000,will be offered admission..)most of those candidates who will miss out on admission in this federal schs,can still enter university through the state universities they choosed as second choice candidates....
even state uni, dnt wana b. Put as 2nd choice
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by GentleFrank(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
This will be really tough on the candidates ...
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by LarryVercetti(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Actually, I think the decision made is great. Most students who fill in for UTME do so blindly and might end up picking two different Federal schools as first and second choices and the thing with these schools these days is that they rarely consider people picking 'em as first choice, so we're left with the question of "What's the use of the option if its not viable?". Just my opinion, though..
@howolarbi_
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by XLR8(m): 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
IF THIS IS HOW THEY WANT TO DO IT, THEN THEY BETTER NOT DO WHAT THEY DID LAST YEAR BY INTENTIONALLY REDUCING CANDIDATE'S MARKS. ALMOST RUINED ME
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by isoh(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Dear be wise..,..don't put all your eggs in a basket.... make IJMB a choice......,IJMB sure landing to year two without JAMB......Get more info at apex college of advanced studies Ilorin or call 08035812144
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by isikco: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
wer in abroad are u schooling.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by luckyman1010(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=Nigellus_Hosan]Them almost kill dat Dibu of a man this year..e pain me when i hear say im escape..if to say dem kil am...im for no dey do all this shiit[/quoe] Nigellus or what ever you call your self,if Dibu is your father or one of your family member would you wish such a thing. Heartless fellow.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by alingo4life: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fact,Abeg lets stop going to school jare..Lets stop please..This is just too much..Making getting Tertiary Education difficult for your children.Does this make sense?
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by dungdusugyang(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
B ryt bak. Make I kuku watch 'Source Code' finish...
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by XploraBen(m): 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
All those that gained admission into various Unis nd Polys in d previous yearz don't hav 3headz.......nd so no matter how Jamb manipulate d system,i'm also gonna gain admission by God's grace.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Tmany(m): 6:22am On Jan 02, 2014
so aboard certificate means automatic employment for your village abi. Abeg park well with this your cheaper lie ordinary flight ticket to UK will pay for four years program in most federal uni in Nigeria.
To topic this just another senseless policy. Admission will soon be more difficult than getting a job with this silly policy.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by kenshin17(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2014
this means more aspirants less schools, u might even see 150,000 aspirants for one university. I just gained adm and i wrote together with 78,000 other people.
This fight of the fittest is really tight. But i must say .i hate jamb
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by AORDMAYOR(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Archmed: This is a right step in the right direction as schools hitherto chosen as ''Second Choice'' NEVER REALLY consider candidates for admission placements.

well said my brother. U dont expect uniben or OAU to consider a candidate for second choice
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by lordfalcao(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
well.. jamb reg/ runs now on!!! for more info pin 7A7F0A80 for your guarantee success ....
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Mightymanna(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gaskiya this is not fair,even though i am done with jamb,but i pity the students who are yet to write thier own,the second choice is really helping the students and it also give you double alternative so that you can not put your egg in one basket
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by megatek: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
The Joint Admission and Matriculation board (popularly known as JAMB) has made it clear that for the 2014 UTME Biometrics, only DIGITAL PERSONA scanner will be allowed for finger prints capture.

All candidates should note that JAMB has accredited registration centers all over Nigeria.
These centres have been stipulated not to charge more than N700 from candidates for registration. This amount of N700 includes printing of 2 copies of your e-slip.

Do your jamb registration with biometric fingerprint at MEGATEK COMPUTERS
B28, PRIMALTEK PLAZA, PEN CINEMA, AGEGE, LAGOS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.