Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 (28404 Views)

Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!! / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by XtremelyCoded(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2013
Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?

EDIT:-
i dy feel on top the world baba give me grace..........thanks to God oga seun,my moderators.........makinq frontpage dix first day of the year...........i climb on top aso rock dy dance *skelewu*

5 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by jaryeh(m): 7:37am On Dec 31, 2013
Well,IMO I think it's a good one. Every candidate will have to face one university,polytechnic or whatever they want with 100% dedication.
The 2nd choice issue is even responsible for my being in a quandary as to whether I will still be admitted or not now!

What will happen is that the big federal schools will have more candidates as usual,then the small schools with little or no candidate will invite anyone who has passed the general JAMB cut off to their POST UTME irrespective of whether such candidates chose them or not. Going by that,I think it will give each candidate more chances.

It happened even this year when there was 2nd choice:EKSU and some other state and private unis invited anyone who has passed the cut off and is interested to go and register for their POST UTME. Although,majority of them will not be considered for admission in the end,but it is just as risky and uncertain as the 2nd choice!

5 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by KenJak(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2013
I dont think the Jamb managements were sensible taking such decision cos the two-choice method had really helped many. Maybe they want to reduce the number of people going to school, I don't know for them.

9 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2013
@least students can now face their 1st choice squarely and stop gambling on choices when picking uni.

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by adezjamz(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Admission war.

Now a do or die in the sch chosen.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by will007: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thank GOD for music industry....Music industry is always there as 2ND/3RD/4TH choice

9 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by cash4nigerians(m): 6:26am On Jan 01, 2014
bad

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Archmed(m): 6:29am On Jan 01, 2014
This is a right step in the right direction as schools hitherto chosen as ''Second Choice'' NEVER REALLY consider candidates for admission placements.

7 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by mysticgal(f): 6:29am On Jan 01, 2014
They just want to cause wahala,it is not that when you do it they would give you admission.abeg let them leave it as it used yo be untill they create a condusive option

2 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Them almost kill dat Dibu of a man this year..e pain me when i hear say im escape..if to say dem kil am...im for no dey do all this shiit

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Ofunaofu: 6:30am On Jan 01, 2014
dis jamb sef
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by hollandis(f): 6:33am On Jan 01, 2014
People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.

5 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by mightyleks(m): 6:34am On Jan 01, 2014
will007: Thank GOD for music industry....Music industry is always there as 2ND/3RD/4TH choice

Gifted few
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Alikaxon(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2014
I dn't lyk d idea

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by mrfabloz: 6:38am On Jan 01, 2014
Nawao.. This is not fair at all

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by mightyleks(m): 6:39am On Jan 01, 2014
Archmed: Thisquoteight step in the right direction as schools hitherto chosen as ''Second Choice'' NEVER REALLY consider candidates for admission placements.

Now left for universities to call candidates themself
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by SammyT95(m): 6:40am On Jan 01, 2014
Y
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:40am On Jan 01, 2014
I think that action will just create additional problem to the existing admission problem in the country.

I don't know how the cancellation of second choice option will solve the problem of exploitation at the level of POST UTME.

JAMB should focus on improving the credibility and sincerity of admission process across all institution, prevention of examination malpractice during JAMB exams, reducing the act of favourism in admission especially among state universities or institutions among other.

IT A COMPLETE MISPLACE OF PRIORITY

IT WILL SUCCESSFUL MAKE ADMISSION PROCESS A DO OR DIE AFFAIR.

AND WILL REDUCE THE CHANCES IF STUDENTS

3 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Sike(m): 6:42am On Jan 01, 2014
No comment yet.

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by zuma4k(m): 6:45am On Jan 01, 2014
Utter Rubbish!
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by checkdate(m): 6:46am On Jan 01, 2014
N I G E R I A !
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by omusiliyu(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2014
Xtremely Coded: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?

It will go far, they just want to use it to counter the 3years Validation of the result proposed by the rep
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by rhajaan(m): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
About d cheap education,you mean "abroad" in benin republic?! Or abroad in U.K...?#justpassing

11 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by jaybossYBNL(m): 7:06am On Jan 01, 2014
I created a thread about this but fynestboi closed my thread and directed me to his own thread. Didn't he see this one? This is the thread www.nairaland.com/1552447/2014-2015-jamb-registration-procedures i taya for all this NL mods o and this is his own thread o https://www.nairaland.com/1492702/2014-2015-utme-admission-process/51 why do u have to close somebody's thread?

2 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by oloyedayo(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2014
Nigellus_Hosan: Them almost kill dat Dibu of a man this year..e pain me when i hear say im escape..if to say dem kil am...im for no dey do all this shiit
hope u will be happy if u loose any of ur family members that way. stewpid fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by jonescyras(m): 7:17am On Jan 01, 2014
Admission will be through Nose!
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Johnnycife(m): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2014
This jamb sef am tired
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by emedy(m): 7:30am On Jan 01, 2014
omusiliyu:
It will go far, they just want to use it to counter the 3years Validation of the result proposed by the rep
I ce ur point!

Buh seriously universities wud b makinq more money from post ume. Jes imagine d nos of pple dt will b buyinq their forms.

Students will actually gamble with dz decision. Am lookinq @ a student writing Post-Ume in like 10 unis,hopinq to b lucky in .

Federal schs will jes get more competitive.

In d overall? More Cons I ce! Jes wonderinq if Jamb z blind.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by BrightDeGea(m): 7:30am On Jan 01, 2014
another wicked invention from the heartless bastards, I pity this year Jambite, they will feel this evil idea of jamb
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Danhumprey: 7:34am On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
Just what I was thinking. But how sure are you about the bolded? Care to give me some info? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno / Obinna Udeze Autopsy Result: Septic Shock Killed Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.