Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? (2418 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by TooLateToFail(f): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
This has reali bin disturbing for a while. I need honest comments please. Is studying petroleum engineering with the hope of landing a job in the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry still working? I Know some PE grads who are currently marketers and the fact that entry level jobs are now not easy to come by( and even when they do come by, they are intensely competitive with minimum of 2:1, the experience and certification edge and even age restriction gabbage) My question is..Is the future still green for fresh graduate Petroleum Engineers in nigeria especialy in few years to come or does the fantasy of graduating with a 2:1(or even 2.2) in PE and working in the O & G sector in future an El Dorado? Please I need advice from seasoned professional PE's...what can I do to distinguish myself as I really detest the fact of studying such a challenging course and ending up as a banker. Senior Colleagues how is employment for we graduate PE's NB: Am a PE undergraduate in a reputable nigerian university hoping it isn't all a Farce. Thank you.
Re: How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by TooLateToFail(f): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
it should be a crime to view and not comment. Please...let the advisory comments begin. Thank you..

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by bluuu: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
also an undergrad of PE,i think with experience n God on ur side.there s hope

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by TooLateToFail(f): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
@bluuu, experience u get witout being given a damn chance? God dey sha..
Re: How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by bluuu: 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
dts where hardwork,favor n God comes in.i know pple who did a free job no pay in some coy just for d experience .wit dat they were employed n wellvpaid in other coy
Re: How Bad Is The Unemployment Of Petroleum Engineers? by Juvante(m): 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
bluuu: dts where hardwork,favor n God comes in.i know pple who did a free job no pay in some coy just for d experience .wit dat they were employed n wellvpaid in other coy
It is not easy to get a free place to work in the first place! If you know any company, post it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

(gis)geographic Information System Training Now In Port Harcourt! Register Now!! / Learn How To Build A Fueless Generator And Make More Money / Ndlea’s Flawed Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.