Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? (4106 Views)

How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / 12 Attributes Of A Good Woman: / Good Job Or Good Wife: Which Is Harder To Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by topup: 5:18am On Aug 06, 2008
When looking for a serious long term relationship, women often look for a man who will not cheat, who's honest, who is financially stable/has good career prospects and isn't lazy.

Whilst men look for a woman who is not materialistic, a woman who is not a nag, who's attractive/sexy, who's smart and has morals.

(Of course there are more, I'm just giving examples, have anymore, please feel free to post).

Which sex has the harder job in finding these qualities? Men or women?

Is it harder to find a 'good man' or a 'good woman'?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by sayhi2ay(m): 5:28am On Aug 06, 2008
one man's rice is another man's beans,

if a man possess these qualities, does it mean he is a 'good' man ? or thats what you want him to be ?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 06, 2008
A Wonderful Man is hard to find.

Most naija men nowadays are either bushmen or bushmeats. sad embarassed
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by sayhi2ay(m): 5:29am On Aug 06, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

you have been looking at the wrong places,
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 06, 2008
Says who?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by topup: 5:31am On Aug 06, 2008
Maybe the question should have been,

Do men or women find it harder (go through more relationships) to find the 'right one'?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by iice(f): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2008
topup:

Maybe the question should have been,

Do men or women find it harder (go through more relationships) to find the 'right one'?

People in general find it hard especially if they haven't a clue of what they want or need
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by gabelogan(m): 8:19am On Aug 06, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

if it was a guy that said what u said in reference to women, you girls will not tolerate it. there will be heavy rain of abuse on that guy all thread long.

personally, i think it is harder to find a good woman. the women of this generation are victims of severe cultural imperialism. they are now as morally decadent as their white counterparts.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by topup: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2008
Another question, does every woman think that they're a good woman?

Because I would say I am a good woman, because I qualify in the typical 'superficial' qualities that are deemed 'good',

However, I don't know of anybody who would say that 'Ya know, Honestly, I'm a piece of crap. No one should date me or take me seriously.'

Even prostitutes don't think they're 'bad women' - they think they're 'good women' doing the wrong job.

Now here's where the definition of 'good' becomes slightly blurred.

I meant it originally in terms of attributes , physical

However, I have known many girls who men would call s***s who have a great personality and head on their shoulders (though they don't use it) and have found them to be great women (obviously when you ignore the things they do),

So, now thinking along the lines of the things women do, is a truly good woman one who is good because of who they are and not what they do e.g. personality instead of how good they cook, clean, handle themselves or vice versa??

Now I would say once again that I am 'good woman' because don't we all like to believe that our individual personalities are special, most interesting, unique and worthwhile?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by ssRhino: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
Just hard to find good human, period.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by topup: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
I believe men tend to be more honest, I have heard players admit that they're no good for nobody serious, (of course that's when it's not you they're playing).

Whilst some girls will never ever put themselves down (and why should they?!). We get excuses such as 'I just need somebody to understand me.' etc,

Whilst guys on the other hand actually register they're living a bad lifestyle, and usually are aware the things they're doing are 'socially unacceptable' - they just choose to delay the time when they admit this and change their ways,
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by topup: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
$$Rhino:

Just hard to find good human, period.

I think it's harder to find a good mate than a good human. There are less things I look for in a good human than a mate.

But what exactly do you count makes someone a 'good' human?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Gamine(f): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
Its hard to find a Good anything these days sef undecided

the shoe i bought the other day, the heel don comot

the tv we bought the other day,e spoil only to look kon find e be china

nawa for this life o undecided undecided
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by iice(f): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
This your break up don really turn your world upside down.

As to being a good woman - far from it rofl. I usually give them a heads up right from the get-go. Am talking personality wise, mentally and emotionally.

Gamine:

Its hard to find a Good anything these days sef undecided

the shoe i bought the other day, the heel don comot

the tv we bought the other day,e spoil only to look kon find e be china

nawa for this life o undecided undecided

rofl grin grin
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by onyinye2(f): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
Finding a good man these days is like finding oil in your back yard.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by icemann(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Finding a good man these days is like finding oil in your back yard.

when u find 1, u strike his pocket And get rich like John Rockefella
Girls and money!!! they are inseperable girls no fit let rich man go easily
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by onyinye2(f): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
icemann:

Then u strike his pocket And get rich like John Rockefella
Girls and money!!! they are inseperable girls no fit let rich man go easily
Oh quiet youngsta. It was an expression.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by icemann(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh quiet youngsta. It was an expression.
My dear am not a kid
i know its an expression , so is mine
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by onyinye2(f): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
icemann:

My dear am not a kid
i know its an expression , so is mine
Oka sure. I apologize for calling you youngsta. I was out of term.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by icemann(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
Apology accepted
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by proo212(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
Who is this lady called iice? No mago mago here, not tripping for you like but just constant amazed at your maturity and psyche.

Props, grin
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by idupaul: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
Who is this lady called iice? No mago mago here, not tripping for you like but just constant amazed at your maturity and psyche.

Props, Grin

u never talk true yet, amazement ni,maturity ko.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
@gabe logan
No be true I talk?
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by gabelogan(m): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

@gabe logan
No be true I talk?

u no talk true oh!

na lie you dey lie
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2008
gabe_logan:

u no talk true oh!

na lie you dey lie
One person's truth is another person's lie.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by kechai(f): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
pls if u are a good and responsible guy just contact me.
Am a very good lady. so stop all these ur romantic talk
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by dadsgal(f): 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2008
both are hard to find,but it is mostly the girls that are hard to find.
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by smooooooth: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
finding a good woman is almost impossible, infact its been so, even the bible had to lament. 'a virtous woman, who can find.'( proverbs 31:10)
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
they are both as hard as eachother, man or woman
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by SOJ(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2008
both sides of a coin;
abeg if u find good woman, let me know ok;i'm a bad man. tongue
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by kechai(f): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
pls soj, am a pretty and equaually good. am loking for a good and responsible guy so if u are bad just refer me to good one
Re: Is It Harder To Find A 'good Man' Or A 'good Woman'? by MrCrackles(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
I think it is easier to find a LUNATIC than a good woman or man nowadays!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Remarries In Uk / I Caught Our Youth Pastor Pressing And Kissing A Girl / Why My Wife Divorced Me – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.