Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,851 members, 7,831,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? (36915 Views)

A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / Five Degrees That Employers Don't Want / Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by mormoni(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2014
Mtswww

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by tolurainbow(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2014
Useless thread go n die fool...naira land is now useless...

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Rapsainot(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Booked
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by bbz93(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2014
caye: 1. Russian
2. International relations
3. Agric econs and extension
4. Human kinetics
just go to UI. Dem plenty.

Agric Econs and Extension? international relations? What course are you studying please?

2 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Pain(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Why dont you just go ahead and condemn the idea of education as a whole? It's a lot easier for a weak mind like u.

3 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Kids, kids, let's keep calm no fighting. All courses are. Worth studyn
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by NaLaugh: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2014
If you're of the opinion that any course isn't worth studying,
then you're moving in the wrong direction of mental development.

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by hannne(f): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2014
no course is a waste of time.my boss told me he studied agric in school.dude is the best in writing proposals.he is good at wat he does,wen he told me he studied agric,i decided nt to write off any course again.wat u study in sch does not realy matter

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2014
All courses are worth studying and important.... no matter how unpopular a course may be, there are still things to be learnt..
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by checkdate(m): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Leebliss13: Imagine,s0me0ne studying igb0 languague?
I HAVE A STRONG FEELING THAT YOU HATE THE COURSE(igbo language) YOU WERE FORCED TO STUDY BY THE UNIVERSITY YOU GRADUATED FROM. WHY PUTING UP SUCH COMMENT TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF. . .
(ask Mr. Frank Edohoo of WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLONIER the course he studied)
(ask Mr. Frank Nneji CEO OF A.B.C TRANSPORT PLC the course he studied)
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Xtaceeey: 11:29am On Jan 03, 2014
735 i:
Just go to a Federal University and get a 1st class or a very good 2.1
If you like study; Zoology or Wildlife; with a 1st class you will get a good job weeks after your passing out from NYSC.

Ds jst givs u opportunities, dosnt necessarily giv u d job weeks afta POP. Oda factors lyk personal traits comes into play in securing a job. I knw a lot 1st class stil hoping on d lord. So remov ursef frm ds mindset.

Gettin a job now is mor dan jst ur grade frm schl
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by beesammy(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2014
'Local Government and Services'
Secretariat Studies (Typing and Shorthand).
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by checkdate(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2014
2buff: We all know those degrees in college/university that when someone you know says they are doing, you can't help but cringe inside because you just know they would likely regret it after they finish school because of it's grim employability prospects. Unless they eventually get sharp enough and divert to something else.

These degrees serve as nothing but a means for the university offering them to eat the money of their students and sell them false hopes detached from real-world needs.

One that comes to mind for me is "Womens Studies". For the obvious reason of, well come on, it's obvious cheesy
Which degree do you think is useless and why?
Viewing this topic: max1113(m), gbengarock(m), 4reigningqueen, herkeym001 (m), davide470(m), Tex42, Suzie 0.(f), Ahdeixa001 (m), Chike Andrew (m), gr8virus(m), Foxy_Flow (m), Great ozone(m), GrAnDwEeZ (m), Bright De Gea, sigba(f), nija80, bayooz (m), Princess4eva(f), Abimbade, dnacrystal(f), Na Laugh, Mannylex (m), Mmadu111, bigx(m), tammyboy1 (m), Kslib(m), dwizy (m), ik.swiss , Brinebryne, olysa12, Gleefreak125(m), Henry praise, Nadoson, folaosemen, Atk 01 (f), jungle007, Shollyps (m), Naus(m), ellarry(m), bskyb (m), nofij(m), oluwaisaac(m), pheivor(f), jukeblam, Bolurx(m), igbo- boy(m), segxes23(m), satellitedaisy, tolurainbow(m), okeniyi (m), Oluwadare, sholadoma(m), mascot87(m), lynroov (f), Taywon , Xtaceeey, checkdate(m), deniceguy(m), beesammy(m), Cubeet, fredoooooo, 5.00GP, sutst, mojeer678, rugipp, fattahnoni(m), donphilopus(m), salex66(m), kulkris(m), sweetflame (m), Reski(m), oakcha(m), dl_jbd(m), CocoLoca(f), alaoeri, Oluwaseun100, Osejie(m), El Gabi(m), philip.adesola(m), oluswaggz(m), Tolulope1022(m), Tyjoelik(m), Siena247, timmyboy5050 (m), BSF, bennyg7, rigarmortis, Dozieson, Jasboi(m), adegoke4sure(m), hycode, danjabaluson, olayinkalucy , Knight1(m), rasojie, Anilove25 , Elijah_ Ade(m), Ezebuola(m), leonshom(m), bstplyr329(m), jopex(m), Spanishmario(m), alabiadam.
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by satellitedaisy: 11:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Creative Arts, Dancing and Drama, Adult Education
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Ziggyzito(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2014
caye: 1. Russian
2. International relations
3. Agric econs and extension
4. Human kinetics
just go to UI. Dem plenty.
just say they're too cumbersome for your brain to comprehend! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by kingpin0308(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2014
If u ask me, na wh0 i g0 ask?
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2014
Photography grin

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by kazyhm(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2014
sweet-tease:
Quantity Survey undecided its cringe worthy but i doubt if it is useless although i wonder what its used for.
Bill of quantity and cost experts
Itz a good course sha

D one I dn't lyk is a GUY studying HOME ECONOMICS
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Danhumprey: 11:36am On Jan 03, 2014
Lingiustic!
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by philip0906(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2014
[size=14pt]even oga jona studied zoology and became president. . .no course is useless. i studied public admin in school but i run my own business venture today. life after school is a different ball game and a time might come, when ur degree becomes "irrelevant"[/size]
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Mannylex(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2014
735 i:
Just go to a Federal University and get a 1st class or a very good 2.1
If you like study; Zoology or Wildlife; with a 1st class you will get a good job weeks after your passing out from NYSC.

Not that easy my friend...
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2014
No degree is a waste in any where in the world.University Education is first of all to develop your mind and so you can be anything after your University Education.Who says all this so called useless degree did not have their own advantage.I studied Engineering and there are two of my friends that actually decided to go the teaching way after their study,one was my course mate with a degree in Elect Eng. and the other read Yoruba Edu.Eleven years after the Yoruba Edu guy is a professor,my other friend is still battling with his phd in Robotics up till now.Apart from that in my establishment, a lot of guys in Hr with degree in English,Arabic studies etc are the ones in charge of my welfare and packages etc.so no degree is useless

4 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2014
Anyone who calls the study of any body of knowledge is uninformed.
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by eighty7: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2014
yh
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Anyone who calls the study of any body of knowledge is uninformed. It's just that in Nigeria, facilities are almost non existent to explore these so called useless courses to their maximum potentials.

3 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Vividprint: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2014
sweet-tease:
Quantity Survey undecided its cringe worthy but i doubt if it is useless although i wonder what its used for.
The Chartered quantity Surveyors i know are over well to do,
what they do is Cost and value projects (mostly construction)
and usually check on cost and along side architects
make sure contractors stick to specification and standards.
Every commercial high rise,multi plex, or organised construction project
MUST involve the Quantity Surveyor as top three Consultants.

And they are paid a percentage of the entire sum of the project

2 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by seangy4konji: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2014
Na naija...what you study no matter...If you study Mech Engine or Dentistry or Lawyer,If Naija wan ruin you and you nor get street sense,you just deh waste your time,Person weh study Yoruba go deh build house in front of you like this you go deh carry cv up and down...Na computer Science me a do but a no use cv deh chop...open your eye!!!I wish say i don go learn trade self with the money a take go school but i nor fit rewind back the hands of time!!!

3 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Codedboy95(m): 11:44am On Jan 03, 2014
*following*
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by timiamoo(f): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2014
i blv reasonable pipu go to sku to get more knwldg and to dig dip into wateva course de wish to study....inasmuch as dia re pipu to hep u achieve ur aim..no p..d prob nigerians av is de care more abt prestige dan knwldg...white pipu pay attention to every little tin,de dig deep nd get more knwldg dats au de dev demsefs nd africs tink de re wiser..but nigerians..hell no!!! all de want to b z lawyer doc accountant...if all were 2 b lawyers, u tink u wil b able to live... if u ask me, no course z a waste of tym nd no useless course in UNOBADAN!!!!okay.

2 Likes

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2014
timi amoo: i blv reasonable pipu go to sku to get more knwldg and to dig dip into wateva course de wish to study....inasmuch as dia re pipu to hep u achieve ur aim..no p..d prob nigerians av is de care more abt prestige dan knwldg...white pipu pay attention to every little tin,de dig deep nd get more knwldg dats au de dev demsefs nd africs tink de re wiser..but nigerians..hell no!!! all de want to b z lawyer doc accountant...if all were 2 b lawyers, u tink u wil b able to live... if u ask me, no course z a waste of tym nd no useless course in UNIBADAN!!!!okay.
Very sensible post. No course is a waste. May God increase your knowledge. Did i hear amen?
Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 03, 2014
No course is useless. Every course is very important. And if we have a lot of people thinking in the direction 'Some courses are useless', I can only imagine how many more sectors will become dormant in Nigeria! Smh

1 Like

Re: Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2014
:-XWhat of Philosophy? Is it a reasonable course. Need your comments ASAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Lesbian Students Expelled From Kebbi State College Of Science And Technology / Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.