Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria (37826 Views)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / Ordering Transcripts Online - University Of Ibadan / Online University Mathematics; A New Section Of Mathsvillage.org (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by melodyj(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
Is Online B.Sc Result Different From Other Schools B.Sc Result?

I have passion for schooling, and I want to have a B.Sc, but my kind of Job does not permit me to do full time or part-time, I have heard that there are some schools that offer B.Sc programs online, please recommend one for me. I will also like to know if the result I will  get from them will be different from other schools result.

2 Likes

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Businesstools(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
Do you know you can become a business consultant without a university education or certification?Find out more here http://www.facebook.com/boostprofit.reducecosts
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Gsmxpert(m): 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
Businesstools:

Do you know you can become a business consultant without a university education or certification?Find out more here http://www.facebook.com/boostprofit.reducecosts
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by rareman(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
by all means get ur degree if u are working for someone, but I ll prefer you putting more energy on whatever professional job you do to gain more knowledge and be the best instead of competing for promotion. In Nigeria people lay more emphasis on certificate than the actual value you bringing to the table.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by lond07: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
melody j:

I have passion for schooling, and I want to have a B.Sc, but my kind of Job does not permit me to do full time or part-time, I have heard that there are some schools that offer B.Sc programs online, please recommend one for me. I will also like to know if the result I will  get from them will be different from other schools result.

Disappointedly, the poster's question has not been answered. I hope somebody will be able to do that. Though not so relevant to me but I'm just curious to know if the certificate/degree is recognised by recruiters/employers
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by NET1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
A close friend of mine just graduated from University of Phoenix with a degree in Business Administration. You can check them out on: www.phoenix.edu.

Also, university of Hertfordshire offers degrees in Computer Science or Information technology. Please google them. I am even thinking of enrolling in Hertfordshire by July, because RSUST did not satisfy my expectations.

.NET
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by oladayo042: 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
I'm not sure I've ever heard of online degree in Nigeria before. I will suggest you go for National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) as I think it suits your specifications. Their mode of instruction is far from conventional and you will have time for your job.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by nous(f): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
it is not usually stated on the certificate that you took the course online. You may only be questioned about the length, then you explain that it was by distance learning (not necessary stating that it is online). I want to believe that some employers may want to discriminate if they know that the degree was acquired via distance learning. But if you work hard and smart and if you are able to prove your worth, you would be able to get any job or promotion you desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Koolking(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
Distance Learning Platform offered by Unilag and some other Universities will avail you the opportunity of obtaining your B.Sc. You need not be visiting the campus, but expected to be present in the school to write exams. You need to squeeze your time to do just that. I am faced with the same hurdle of managing official business and personal (school) business. Who I am currently working for is a BIG impediment to achieving my educational goals. Beat your heart and do. You can sis.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by akin33(m): 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
I have similar case 2. Since uni degree has become 'toro kobo' even dog claim 2 be degree holder yet, we are nt geting job. Pls. Can someone help or link me wt a biz professional course that has value. Email me wt d contact akin07039@gmail.com
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
melody j:

There is no Online Degree from any Nigeria University except Overseas

Try Liberty (liberty.edu) and pheonix.edu
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
I would say the only university that will fit you in Nigeria is the Nationa open universtity of Nigeria(NOUN).Since you already have a good job and going to school is for your personal enrichment I will suggest you give it a shoot the website is http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/index.htm taking an online course from university outside of Nigeria will be too expensive for you unless you have the financial strenght.I hope this helps.

This is my personal opinion
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by NET1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
mikky89:

Our Company Trans-Atlantic Life Support is a Medical Tourism Company: We have tie-ups with JCI hospitals in South Korea, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Bangkok Thailand, United States and Germany. We refer your patients who travel for advanced medical and surgical procedures. Having many hospitals in each of these countries we refer our Nigerian patients to only hospitals which are centre of excellence of that medical or surgical procedure the patient will benefit from. Major area are
Cosmetic Surgeries,
Heart Surgeries,
Organ Transplant
Cancer (Oncology )
Eye surgeries (Ophthalmology)
Orthopaedics (Bone)
Kidney (Nephrology )
IVF and Others
Contact one of our doctors @ 08186890820, 08034984228
Email: info@india4health.com

Please stop this! This is NOT what the OP asked for.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by kufre2010: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
National open university of nigeria was establish by an act of the national assembly. It a federal university for worker
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by LAX89(m): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
melody j:

I'm impressed with your ambition and effort to improve yourself through higher education. I'd say, you need to clearly articulate your budget and proposed area of study. Locally in Nigeria there's just the Nigerian Open University, Obasanjo's brainchild. But there are perhaps, better online (ACCREDITED) Univerties based in America, Europe and Asia that are equally available, but as I said, it'll depend on your budget and proposed area of study. If you are serious, and after you have a clear proposed plan as I indicated, I'll do my best to help you in anyway you need, and where I can. Goodluck, and Keep your dream ALIVE!
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by nogames: 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
poster join National open university of Nigeria, you wont regret it
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by nogames: 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
LAX89:

I'm impressed with your ambition and effort to improve yourself through higher education. I'd say, you need to clearly articulate your budget and proposed area of study. Locally in Nigeria there's just the Nigerian Open University, Obasanjo's brainchild. But there are perhaps, better online (ACCREDITED) Univerties based in America, Europe and Asia that are equally available, but as I said, it'll depend on your budget and proposed area of study. If you are serious, and after you have a clear proposed plan as I indicated, I'll do my best to help you in anyway you need, and where I can. Goodluck, and Keep your dream ALIVE!
Obasanjo's brainchild ? Do you know anything about NOUN?
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by dipoley2k(f): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deleted
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by LAX89(m): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
nogames:

Obasanjo's brainchild ? Do you know anything about NOUN?

@nogames

Here's is what I know about NOUN:
The Open
University Act, which subsist in the law of the Federation of Nigeria (1980) Volume
XVII consequently came into effect on July 22, 1983. Other events prior to this Act
both singularly and jointly became a watershed for the establishment of Open
University.
The 1977 National Policy on Education (NPE) for instance was unambiguous in its
emphasis that ‘maximum efforts will be made to enable those who can benefit from
higher education to be given access to it. Such access may be through universities, or
correspondence courses, or open universities, or part-time and work study
programmes’ (NPE, 1977:25). The policy equally states that “the Federal Government
shall undertake to make life-long education the basis for the nation’s educational
policy’ (Ibid,: cool. In order to achieve this objective, the Government adopted a
philosophy of education for Nigeria meant to ensure that ‘at any stage of the
educational process after primary education, an individual will be able to choose
between continuing his full-time studies, combining work with study, or embarking
on full-time employment without excluding the prospect of resuming studies later on’
(Ibid,: 9). The report equally in recognising the importance of self-learning
underlined the fact that, ‘the education system will be structured to develop the
practice of self-learning’.

You can find out on your own, who was president of Nigeria from 1976 to 1979.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by hajifaty: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2012
The online learning stuffs are really nice and sometimes time consuming but u will learn more through researches because you will be the one to develop all your courses.Plus you will have full access to the online library and come across many books that u ain't gonna find in any of Nigerian universities. Much better than any of nigerian Universities degree. you can try www.aiu.edu This is just my own opinion,pls no name calling here.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by pato405(m): 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
online varsity in 9ja.

haaaaa undecided undecided undecided undecided

a country that repudiates polytechnics & also discriminates between fed universities. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by room089: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
I heard about concepts university. And also pilgrims university, usa
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
Check out the university of liverpool for their online programs. They offer a wide variety from the arts & management to some science courses like environmental and IT.
Provided you have the cash which I don't think is on the highside because someone I know just completed his online masters program from there and his certificate was mailed to him by speedpost after he paid all his outstanding fees. I cant paste their website now but you can do a google search to find out more.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by Everfrank(m): 12:16am On Feb 25, 2012
Your best option is National Open University of Nigeria. The dustance and flexible method of learning will suit ur busy schedule. I just graduated from NOUN with a postgraduate diploma. The NOUN was just rated as top 9th university in naija.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 1:06am On Feb 25, 2012
@poster , go for national open university of nigeria. online education is the future. The ones in abroad are expensive, unless you can afford the cash
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by gonzaga: 2:15am On Feb 25, 2012
Online education is rather very convinient and offers a whole new chapter to the world of learning. I speak as a dissertation student with the university of Liverpool (online). I would rather you do online at a masters or Phd level and not for Bsc. The content is the same as a traditional degree only that you need to be self motivated to achieve your goals.

There are usually several deadlines, and failure to meet your assignment or discussion deadlines often results in a fail grade. A masters programme with Liverpool for instance, consists of 8 modules. Each module takes 8 weeks at the end of which you receive a final module grade. It is a very interactive session as you have a classroom discussion with your peers, ask questions about grey areas and get other peoples opinion on issues. You have the benefit of being in class with very experienced people.

The university places serious emphasis on proper referencing and citation and deals with the issue of plagiarism and academic dishonesty very seriously. Infact, you can be expelled if you are found wanting in this area. There is a software called turnitin which monitors your similarity index. This means you can't just go and google stuff and dumb as we do here in Nigeria. The british educational system teaches students to research and acknolwedge their sources of information.

In terms of cost, it is cheaper than going over there and it also affords you the opportunity of keeping a regular job. When choosing an online University, reputation matters alot. Liverpool for instance has a long history spanning well over 10 years in this araea. Nigeria unfortunately has not even gotten the traditional brick and morta educational system right, talkmore of the online stuff. I was even surprised when I found people living in Liverpool in my online class. Infact, research shows that alot of european students now prefer the online stuff to the traditional system and it offers them the opportunity to to other stuff.

My advice to you finally will be this, since you have never attended a university, try the traditional campus based type first. You can then explore the option of the online angle for your future degree. I wish you the best. Try visiting www.liv.ac.uk for more information.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by nuges2010: 6:19am On Feb 25, 2012
Hello gonzaga, I am currently in process of enrolling for the online program with university of liverpool. Please can I have your contact details so I can speak with you more.
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by siujuuh: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2012
Online University BSc Degrees in Nigeria may be good but affording premium quality university education in Nigeria is the real issue. StudentAdvisor currently offers scholarships to applicants to Redeemer's University at no extra cost. Apply Now at http://www.studentadvisor.com.ng and don't miss the opportunity. Free expert advisory services are also available.

Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by GeorgeD1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
careytommy:

Check out the university of liverpool for their online programs. They offer a wide variety from the arts & management to some science courses like environmental and IT.
Provided you have the cash which I don't think is on the highside because someone I know just completed his online masters program from there and his certificate was mailed to him by speedpost after he paid all his outstanding fees. I cant paste their website now but you can do a google search to find out more.

hi careytommy,
can we discuss more on this?
Re: Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria by gonzaga: 12:07am On Feb 26, 2012
deleted

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Ladies In A Female Hostel / I Finally Graduated After 9years. / Difference Between Center And Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.