Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (45067 Views)

6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss / Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Symphony007: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bonny island,rivers state!! It's nigeria's best kept secret. If you know someone working with NLNG and you're able to get a hotel or accommodation at the NLNG residential area, better!! You'll have a fairy tale honeymoon.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by honey001(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Skelewu: I think Benin is one of the unsafest places to visit in Nigeria. What with the high rate of kidnapping, armed robbery, armed banditry cult related activities, etc. I don't think I'll ever set a foot in Benin. Gimme Calabar and Obudu any time any day.

Na ur type den they kidnap?

5 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by IdomaLikita: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Try Ala-Owerre, But Don't Bring The Bride Along!
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Alakara hotel in mushin,they have very cool short time rooms,though you have to share toilets with the adjoining room undecided

I gurantee it would be an unforgettable honeymoon.

PS: bring your own insecticides or coil

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ayobase(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
BarrisNixon: Happy 2014 to Nairaland and everyone. It is every newly married couples dream to have a very romantic honeymoon after a memorable wedding. This thread is to showcase great honeymoon destinations around Nigeria. Everyone out here is free to suggest from their point of view the hottest places in Nigeria for a romantic honeymoon.

I will start by recommending the fast developing Benin City, Edo State.

1. Lodge in an affordable and classy hotel like Randekhi International Hotel with swimming pool, classy bar and restaurant, 24/7 power supply and top security.

2. Have a nice timeout at the all new Kada Plaza to see a movie or take part in any of the many fun games available.

3. Looking for where to do some shopping? Visit Phil Hallmark super store just close to Kada Plaza.

Want to have a feel of the nite life clubbing the just breeze into the classy and cozy Linx club just opposite the Randekhi Hotel.

Cab services available 24/7 to take you anywhere.

Trust me, your honeymoon would be a blast.

The cost should ba attached!

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Bsmartt(m): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
Erin Ijesha water falls in Osun State
whispering palms resort in Badagry, Lagos.
Idanre hills, Ondo state
Obudu cattle ranch/Tinapa, cross-river state
Essie rock village, Kwara state
Yankaree game reserve, Bauchi state
Gurara water falls
and many tourism destination in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by lumeviewscom: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
specialguest: who would have thought that Edo state can serve as a honeymoon destination. Thanks for the info, we might as well "pass by" on our 50th wedding anniversary.

Until the hungry police men in that state ruin your honeymoon for you. If your fiance is young and fresh, you better not go there. The cops there harass young, fresh guys with the assumption that they are all yahoo boys.

And yes, you have nothing to fear so long as your hands are clean but they will waste a young brother's time and go through your phones (text messages, photos, social media profiles). If you have a laptop with you, more time wasting... I had a torrid time visiting Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by solacec4t(f): 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Symphony007: Bonny island,rivers state!! It's nigeria's best kept secret. If you know someone working with NLNG and you're able to get a hotel or accommodation at the NLNG residential area, better!! You'll have a fairy tale honeymoon.

Bonny Island? are u kidding me?

C'mon
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
My fantasy of honeymoon js more of outdoor, natural setting experience not the hotel room, shopping and movie stuff.
I will prefer Obudu or Tinapa, where we can stroll on the grasses, play, watch the sunset/stars and maybe some water side fun.

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Tonylyte(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Op! U can walk to the moon.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Symphony007: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
solace-c4t:

Bonny Island? are u kidding me?

C'mon
ever been to NLNG residential area? Finima nature park, finima beach(longest in nigeria),JV camp,etc...
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
BarrisNixon: With time I will post pictures of very nice places in Benin City

Better

ayobase:
The cost should ba attached!

True
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by lumeviewscom: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
Vic-jay:
kada plaza and entertainment 2 mins game for N500. its fun though.
linx club! u need to see for urself. Uyi Grand also kul

And you have just mentioned everything Benin has to offer. Hotels, 3 major night clubs and fast food joints. What else? Ogba zoo?

The truth is Benin is quite dry and I cannot recommend it as a honeymoon destination. Who wants to spend his honeymoon in the night club or Kada plaza? C'mon man, there are far better ways to kick it on your honeymoon.

Even Warri has better activities than Benin and I still wouldn't recommend it.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
has anyone actually been to Yankari game reserve or you're just mentioning it because it was listed several decades ago as a cool spot

recent description i read about this place is not exciting one bit - desert goats, and wild fowls don't count as as a games reserve!!

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ushafe(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Skelewu: I think Benin is one of the unsafest places to visit in Nigeria. What with the high rate of kidnapping, armed robbery, armed banditry cult related activities, etc. I don't think I'll ever set a foot in Benin. Gimme Calabar and Obudu any time any day.
, i left obudu there nothing intererting there than the natural endowment
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by lumeviewscom: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
ITbomb: My fantasy of honeymoon js more of outdoor, natural setting experience not the hotel room, shopping and movie stuff.
I will prefer Obudu or Tinapa, where we can stroll on the grasses, play, watch the sunset/stars and maybe some water side fun.

Exactly... The idea is to chill, be laid-back and connect with each other deeply.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Hardeshyna(m): 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Uchiha Madara: God bless me with an understanding wife, so that when I tell her that our honeymoon is in Benin (not Paris, SA, Itally...), she won't slap me.
uchiha madara indeed
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by IAMBREEZY: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Obudu cattle ranch is so on point.

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ademega(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
I had my honeymoon at ikogosi warm spring in Ekiti state. You just have to be thier !
After 3 nites in such a beautiful environment ,i turned to my wife and asked " why do people like wasting money in this country to travel to Dubai or UK for honeymoon when we have something of this nature at our backyard?" .

Note :
ur pockets must be loaded with cash oooh cos, the least per nite thir is 12k and we have chalet of between 150k and 200k per nite and every other tin besides your room na money , example , if u wan go see the environment na N500 , if you off your cloth say u wan swim na N500 , if u wan ride small keke round the place na moni . So, hold money make u no go use new wife deposit debt .

5 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by lionspot(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Etumgbe: You want me to 'GO AND DIE' there.
my brother i tire o. Edo state kwa ? With their bad roads and criminals infested forest? Abeg go and die
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, Where are the other places? You said 'Honeymoon destinations in Nigeria'. Looks more like 'Honeymoon destinations in Edo state' undecided

2 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Etumgbe: You want me to 'GO AND DIE' there.
stale

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
honey001:

Na ur type den they kidnap?

Abi o, kidnappers will even dash him money to carry his wahala go. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
speedyboi: @OP, Where are the other places? You said 'Honeymoon destinations in Nigeria'. Looks more like 'Honeymoon destinations in Edo state' undecided

Check out Okomu also near Benin. Good facilities there too.
The rocky Ososo Hills in Akoko Edo, with chalets.

For culture

Visit Igun street (an official World heritage site) in Benin to see ancient bronze casting famous worldwide and on display prominently in British Museum London, Museum fuer Volkerkunde Berlin, Musee des Arts d'Afrique et d'Oceanie Paris and several museums and galleries in North America.

Benin National Museum, one of only 6 National Museums in Nigeria.

Chief Ogiamie Palace, one of the oldest surviving original houses in West Africa, over 800 years old (an official Nigerian national monument too).

The Benin Moats and ramparts, the world's largest civil engineering achievement in history (ahead of the pyramids of Egypt). Built in phase from about 1280 to 1460.

Though the Chinese are now "suddenly" discovering extra bits of the Great wall in order to lay claim the first position.

If you're the lazy type, Benin has one of the highest number of hotels per head in Naija (akin to banks in concentration). There are many good and secure ones in GRA area beginning from Motel Benin Plaza.

You can just relax, use swimming pool and book a cab from hotel to take you around town. Sample local delicacies.

4 Likes

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ibullem(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Honeymoon destinations in Nigeria?

I'd recommend

1. Obudu Mountain Resort, Obudu, Cross River, Nigeria.

Well you won’t find flat plains with
cowboys lassoing their cattle at Obudu
Cattle Ranch!

The name change to
Obudu Mountain Resort is immediately
understood given the facilities on offer.

Thinking of escaping into the middle of a
rain forest, hiking through amazing
scenery and viewing spectacular wildlife
in the mountains? Where else, but
Obudu cattle ranch!
The water park is both a sight and an
experience to behold. For children and
adults alike this breathtaking playground
evokes screams of excitement. Forget
indoor, multi-coloured chutes, think
stylish aluminium slides, hurtling you
down the mountain, with the breeze
whistling past your ears.

And if you think you needed to pack a
tent with your hiking boots you’ll be
gladly mistaken. Nestling at the top of
the mountain the Obudu Cattle Ranch
Nigeria has traditional African round huts and chalets on stilts maximising the breathtaking views.

I can go & on but, go find out for yourselves. E tire me to type jare. grin

2. Tinapa Resort, Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria.

Tinapa is the resort that means
business - the business of combing
business, pleasure and leisure! World class facility, great view, the of best entertainment, shopping and
leisure facilities the world has to
offer!
U can ever take a boat trip from tinapa to Marina Resort (a much smaller park) in uptown Calabar, as the two parks are both on d banks of the Cross River.

Go see it urself, need I say more.

3. Others

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Vandi2: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
this is a wonderful thread, the best place for honneymoon in nigeria is Michika, a local govt in adamawa state. It has all that all young couples need..
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by emmyid(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
I rep 4 obudu cattle ranch, Was there on boxing day.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by omocutie(f): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Benin is not that bad, trust me and the roads are very good,whos that person talkin trash abt bad roads... its a place 2 have fun but truthfully nt 4 a honeymoon..it can be for holidays but honeymoon,naaa!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / This Is New Ebonyi State. The Emerging Wonder Of The South East / Mind Blowing Highway Interchanges, Flyovers Around The World(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.