Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (45066 Views)

6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss / Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by mdokpella: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Skelewu: I think Benin is one of the unsafest places to visit in Nigeria. What with the high rate of kidnapping, armed robbery, armed banditry cult related activities, etc. I don't think I'll ever set a foot in Benin. Gimme Calabar and Obudu any time any day.

How well do Уσυ know Benin? Уσυ think Уσυ can just come on here and spew rubbish from your mouth? I will suggest Уσυ visit Benin so Уσυ can Educate your dumb self!! Yeye if them say make them travel them no go gree!
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
buskie13: who ever said benin was good for a normal human being to spend honeymoon sef Mr.Op,,,dis man here has said it all.
He made my point,so benin shouldn't be a place for honeymoon but for sunnythieves and a place of go and die peeps.
Farabale joor.. grin

I visit Benin with European friends and I have done so for close to 25 years. Even our Western born and bred kids enjoy visiting so I wonder what kind of ajebutta an average Naija person is trying to form.

Light, road and other infrastructural problems, robberies and other crimes are widespread in Naija, especially in the South.

Anyway Europeans have a far greater understanding of culture than the average Naija person. And I say this deliberately.

@OP did you ask people to suggest honeymoon destinations or to condemn destinations suggested by other people?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
I will mos def NOT be going there for shopping/visit talkless of honeymoon
My personal preference........everybody and their own
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by SOREB: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=kevoh]
Air transport is actually the safest, fastest and stress free means of transport.[/quote

Yeah suppose to be, but not iin naija any longer
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by waffibabe1: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
abeg, honey moon not good for benin oh. those kipnappers go think say d couple come frm yankee, di next thing na to kidnap dem , latter dem go dey ask for 100 million naira .why benin of all place? a place wen luv juju pass their own like. a place where 90 percent of people worship idols
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by waffibabe1: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
tonychristopher:

I DID MY SERVICES IN EDO AND I CAN'T ADVISE ANYBODY FOR HONEY MOON THERE. THE TOWN SUCKS NO CLEAN ROADS NO GOOD HOTELS.I WILL ADVISE GO TO CITIES LIKE JOS COS OF IT'S WEATHER..IT'S FINE. GO TO OWERRI IT IS THE PEARL OF THE EAST SO MUCH HOTELS AND SO MUCH INFRASTRUCTURE ..U CAN DRIVE TO OGUTA LAKE...THEN CALABAR OH IT'S WEATHER AND NICE ENVIRONMENT BUT BENIN NO.

THAT'S MY TAKE AND YOU CAN DO YANKARI COS OF NATURAL SPLENDOUR
Jos? men na boko haram go finish d honey moon. Benin is far better and safer dan Jos
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 1:42am On Jan 06, 2014
waffibabe1: abeg, honey moon not good for benin oh. those kipnappers go think say d couple come frm yankee, di next thing na to kidnap dem , latter dem go dey ask for 100 million naira .why benin of all place? a place wen luv juju pass their own like. a place where 90 percent of people worship idols

Do you live there? Do you worship the juju with them? Even if they do, they are proud of their tradition.

Is your town better developed than Tokyo where Japanese still worship with ancient religion?

Do you know that the Naija HQ of Jehovah's witnesses is in Benin?

Do you also know that the Godfather of Naija Pentecostalism (Benson Idahosa) is from Benin? Well before it became an all-comers.

It is this same beer parlour gist and prejudice that is causing failure in Nigeria.

Are you from the Vatican or Mecca? What make your own town better?

500 years back an Oba of Benin already sent a Christian crucifix as gift to the King of Portugal. Where was your own town/king then?

I have visited Benin with European friends for nearly 25 years, with Europe born and bred kids in tow, no problem.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by davo90tico(m): 7:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Uchiha Madara: God bless me with an understanding wife, so that when I tell her that our honeymoon is in Benin (not Paris, SA, Itally...), she won't slap me.
Uchiha na me sasuke yu dey whatsapo?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by peren: 10:06am On Jan 06, 2014
I don't think you did justice to this your topic. you mentioned only edo state, do you think that everyone has the time to go through every single post? I think you should have mentioned your top ten then let the comments start coming.

BarrisNixon: Wow... I have seen a lot of comments that has not been so nice but its all good. The actually purpose of this thread is to showcase different ideas of honeymoon destinations in Nigeria. Your personal opinion is allowed so please feel free to drop your suggestions.
Obudu mountain resort and yankari game reserve seem to be topping the list right now but I know there are other very good places in Nigeria so please feel free to state them here so people can decide to check them out.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by lordkrys(m): 10:18am On Jan 06, 2014
anomsodi: Abegi make una no swallow my comment...well tinkin of ogunike cave in anambra

na ogbunike na im be ogunike? Abi u be yoruba man
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by nonysmith(m): 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
BarrisNixon: Happy 2014 to Nairaland and everyone. It is every newly married couples dream to have a very romantic honeymoon after a memorable wedding. This thread is to showcase great honeymoon destinations around Nigeria. Everyone out here is free to suggest from their point of view the hottest places in Nigeria for a romantic honeymoon.

I will start by recommending the fast developing Benin City, Edo State.

1. Lodge in an affordable and classy hotel like Randekhi International Hotel with swimming pool, classy bar and restaurant, 24/7 power supply and top security.

2. Have a nice timeout at the all new Kada Plaza to see a movie or take part in any of the many fun games available.

3. Looking for where to do some shopping? Visit Phil Hallmark super store just close to Kada Plaza.

Want to have a feel of the nite life clubbing the just breeze into the classy and cozy Linx club just opposite the Randekhi Hotel.

Cab services available 24/7 to take you anywhere.

Trust me, your honeymoon would be a blast.
thats if them no kidnap you before the honeymoon finish
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2014
BarrisNixon: I just want to correct some impression about those saying Benin City is a no go area.
These are pictures of some places in Benin City.

JUST RING ROAD .GRA

PLS SHOW US NEW BENIN.SHOW US OGIDA,SHOW US SILK,SHOW US JAMES WATT,SHOW US USELU,SHOW US EDAIKEN THEN GO TO OWERRI,ENUGU,CALABAR AND UYO

MIND YOU BENIN IS THE OLDEST CITY WITH MUD HOUSES. FOLLOWED BY IBADAN
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 1:28am On Jan 07, 2014
Lobeez:

Bros you are contradicting yourself... apart from the cost of flight (even though you can get very good rates if you plan several months ahead) honeymoon outside Nigeria is way cheaper.
I just came back from my honeymoon in dubai; I stayed in Ibis hotel for 5 nights for a little above 80k for the 5nights; thereafter I moved to the luxurious Atlantis the palm hotel for 3nights for a little above 200k for the 3nights.
Believe me, no Nigeria hotel in the class of the hotels I just mentioned will give you such rate at peak season.
Plus you get to enjoy wonderful environment and professional treatment.
Men no comparison abeg joor

inferiority complex...so no nice place in Nigeria. u WAN tell us u go Dubai
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 1:34am On Jan 07, 2014
Doc. Adray:
@ op, are you advertizing for Edo state or its just your opinion?

Left for me..any reasonable babe won't take her hobby there ...fear of kidnapping either from then bandits or from their returned and home grown Italian prostitutes......Benin to me is a no go area .with their borb izuah mentality
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by itsmetoosin: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
I see this as a kind of advert. ^_^
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
tonychristopher:

JUST RING ROAD .GRA

PLS SHOW US NEW BENIN.SHOW US OGIDA,SHOW US SILK,SHOW US JAMES WATT,SHOW US USELU,SHOW US EDAIKEN THEN GO TO OWERRI,ENUGU,CALABAR AND UYO

MIND YOU BENIN IS THE OLDEST CITY WITH MUD HOUSES. FOLLOWED BY IBADAN

Mud houses are part of our heritage. Or are you ashamed of yours?

Serious countries preserve ancient heritage. Old bits of London City Wall are jealously preserved right within the posh financial district.

I have also seen ancient buildings in at least 20 countries.

Only in Africa we quickly do away with ours believing that to have very poor imitation of foreign things make us appear developed, without developed mentality.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Benin d mst dangerous place
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by DisGuy: 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
na wa o

seems Benin has a reputation especially amongst people that haven't even been there, i wonder why

myth or reality?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
Etumgbe: You want me to 'GO AND DIE' there.
grin
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
dan-sokoto:
ina ruwa na
ina gajia
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Emeralddan(f): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2014
I'll suggest saminaka resort in kaduna.... It has a beautiful scenery u sure gonna love
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 06, 2014
Emeralddan:
I'll suggest saminaka resort in kaduna.... It has a beautiful scenery u sure gonna love

With BH knocking on your door!! shocked
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by mrsage(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Watching closely
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Tourbirth: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
There are many more amazing honeymoon destinations in Nigeria
You can check out for * Landmark beach resort in Lagos , Crystal lake resort in Imo and park inn by Radisson in Ogun state just to mention but a few , you can always chat me up for more details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / This Is New Ebonyi State. The Emerging Wonder Of The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.