Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? (2386 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife Do This To You. / Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? / What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Lifebender(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
For some days now,i've been reading posts and threads about the characteristics of a real,complete man.

But one thing i noticed is the financial aspect where they emphasied it is the responsibility of the man to take care of his family.Noted!

Then i wonder if the wife does'nt work.Some people even went as far as saying the man should not ask his wife for a little help when he is financially down.

Somebody should just tell me why he wont be financially down when he pays all the bills even his wife upkeep is his responsibility

The question is what should a woman be doing with her income if she should'nt help his husband?

Please i need to know cos the husband takes care of the children financially,what will she be doing with her money if she cant help her husband with some bills and family upkeep.

Thx as you comment
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by vizkiz: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
see question undecided

if she feels she has too much money to keep investinq on her business then she should donate the cash to charity

the man talk say him no want your money aaarrrqqqhhhhh!!!!

cuz i don't know why a woman should stress herself on a help not needed
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Lifebender(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
vizkiz: see question undecided

if she feels she has too much money to keep investinq on her business then she should donate the cash to charity

the man talk say him no want your money aaarrrqqqhhhhh!!!!

cuz i don't know why a woman should stress herself on a help not needed

so she should not help even when the man is financially down
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by newReal(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
As a family, everyone should share responsibility. A woman can help out in finance, and a man should also help out in household chores.
Reasons why some men may not want any help from their spouse may be because they feel threatened. it may be because the woman is proud, or is not submissive enough.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Lifebender(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
newReal: As a family, everyone should share responsibility. A woman can help out in finance, and a man should also help out in household chores.
Reasons why some men may not want any help from their spouse may be because they feel threatened. it may be because the woman is proud, or is not submissive enough.

If there is love the woman can insist....
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by nyt3237(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lifebender: For some days now,i've been reading posts and threads about the characteristics of a real,complete man.

But one thing i noticed is the financial aspect where they emphasied it is the responsibility of the man to take care of his family.Noted!

Then i wonder if the wife does'nt work.Some people even went as far as saying the man should not ask his wife for a little help when he is financially down.

Somebody should just tell me why he wont be financially down when he pays all the bills even his wife upkeep is his responsibility

The question is what should a woman be doing with her income if she should'nt help his husband?

Please i need to know cos the husband takes care of the children financially,what will she be doing with her money if she cant help her husband with some bills and family upkeep.

Thx as you comment

I can't understand the mentality of nigerian woman. Most believe that the only responsibility of a woman is just to satisfy the sexual urge of their hubby and to take care of their children. Is that what marriage entails?what of emotional and financial support. Their own money is only used for buying cosmetics and cloth.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by nyt3237(m): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lifebender: For some days now,i've been reading posts and threads about the characteristics of a real,complete man.

Thx as you comment

I can't understand the mentality of nigerian woman. Most believe that the only responsibility of a woman is just to satisfy the sexual urge of their hubby and to take care of their children. Is that what marriage entails?what of emotional and financial support. Their own money is only used for buying cosmetics and cloth.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Lifebender(m): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
nyt3237:

saw a post xterday created by a guy saying wives should'nt help financially..
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2014

Thx as you comment

she can do anytin with her income but nothing like contributing to the family expenditure,dat is the duty of the husband and not the wife

1 Like

Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by True2myself24(f): 4:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Hmm for starters how about I use my income to:

Pay my car note
Pay my car insurance
Pay off my student loans
Pay off my credit card debt
Pay my phone bill
Pay for health/ dental insurance (unless my husband will cover that for me too)
Buy groceries
Go shopping
Get my hair and nails done
Increase my savings

Because as a single girl these are a few of my financial responsibilities anyway.

If my man doesn't want me contributing to the house hold bills, fine with me. I have a whole rack of other stuff I need to pay for anyway.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 03, 2014
nyt3237:

That's the cake I presume?
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 03, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]Men are known as the head of house because they provide for the family so if the woman starts doing exactly everything the man does than why should the man still be head?
Why should every member of his family bear his name?

Nonsense and ingredients.
I laugh in swahili at foolish men that want to eat their cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by addictiv(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2014
For a start, she can take care of the feeding n clothing expenses in the family, while husband takes care of education, housing n other expenses if he doesnt want her to help. Then she can save n invest as much as she can cos you never can tell.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Dygeasy(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2014
There's No Argument Here. As Long As I, as a man, Can Cater For My Family's Needs, My Wife Should Hold Her Money And Use It For Whatever She Likes.

What I Will Find Highly Infuriating And Annoying Is If I'm Not Around And My Kids Need Anything Or If There's Something Urgent Is To Be Done And My Wife Delays Cos I'm Not Around. Damn! That's Uselessness At Its Peak.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by cdamsel(f): 10:46am On Jan 03, 2014
When most of you stop viewing marriage like it has a manual,the better your lives ll b.

#enough said
Its her family as well,if she doesn't find ways to contribute to her family then she needs her head checked,she doesn't need to b told how to better the conditions of her family or support her husband,abeg this topic has been talked about for so long,when u get ur own family figure out what u ll do with ur money,if not let it sit in the bank undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Tallotti: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2014
Anything she bloody well pleases! kiss
As long as her obligation to the home are not jeopardized! kiss
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by addictiv(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2014
^^^^abi..some folks are just talking, some re nt even married so no first hand experience. They think it ll be rosy n jolly althru. when e hook u, u go know how far.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Tallotti: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2014
^^^
You trust those without man or woman for house to make noise!
Nor be NL. . .THE LAND OF THE FAKELY MARRIED WITH CHILDREN. . .WE SHALL NEVER SEE!!!

Mu cha cha cha cha cha cha
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Lifebender(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dygeasy: There's No Argument Here. As Long As I, as a man, Can Cater For My Family's Needs, My Wife Should Hold Her Money And Use It For Whatever She Likes.

What I Will Find Highly Infuriating And Annoying Is If I'm Not Around And My Kids Need Anything Or If There's Something Urgent Is To Be Done And My Wife Delays Cos I'm Not Around. Damn! That's Uselessness At Its Peak.

So u wont ask ur wife for a little help when you need one
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Dygeasy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lifebender:

So u wont ask ur wife for a little help when you need one
I Don't Think My Post Is That Difficult To Comprehend undecided
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by slimyem: 4:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Tallotti: Anything she bloody well pleases! kiss
As long as her obligation to the home are not jeopardized! kiss
Simply!
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by taryour(f): 6:07am On Jan 05, 2014
No big deal @ all,the reason a woman is working/owns a business is cause of her family and her future.

If you are still single,you can do whatever you damn well please with your income,but when you get married you are obligated to support your family no matter how little it is. Yes you can buy all your females stuff but before doing that look @ the state of your family and see how you can come in,there should be a lot of savings involved for future purposes.

No matter how rich your husband is,you still will in one way or the other add your own penny,at one point you must have gotten something for your kids/hubby or even yourself with your own money. Or even buy something for the home use,even if its something worth 10 naira. If your hubby is so rich and takes care of 100 percent of all the home front then its your duty as an income earning wife to save @ least 50 percent for future reasons. The time to use it will certainly arise and you will be glad you did.

If you decide not to contribute to the home front and spend your income lavishly,you will be a disgrace to your family cause that's the role of a wife TO SUPPORT her husband. When the trying time comes is when your savings come in and you hubby will be glad. Even if your hubby doesn't ask you directly,its your wifely duty to know when to drop,you don't have to give him the money directly, we women know how to go about it. You don't have to wait for home monthly allowance,you can get things you know your home needs on your own without being told. And please don't go telling it all out to his face that you spent your income buy things you need @ home.

If you buy things with your income and he doesn't say anything leave it.don't think he doesn't notice your support,he does cause he is not blind.

Some women even think they are doing their hubby a favour by supporting with their income,that's ruBBish. If you like no support and spend lavishly no wahala,you will definitely face the consequences when the time comes.

5 Likes

Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by pickabeau1: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2014
Tallotti: ^^^
You trust those without man or woman for house to make noise!
Nor be NL. . .THE LAND OF THE FAKELY MARRIED WITH CHILDREN. . .WE SHALL NEVER SEE!!!

Mu cha cha cha cha cha cha

Hahaha....
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by thehunted(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
OhjayE:

she can do anytin with her income but nothing like contributing to the family expenditure,dat is the duty of the husband and not the wife

shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by thehunted(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
taryour: No big deal @ all,the reason a woman is working/owns a business is cause of her family and her future.

If you are still single,you can do whatever you damn well please with your income,but when you get married you are obligated to support your family no matter how little it is. Yes you can buy all your females stuff but before doing that look @ the state of your family and see how you can come in,there should be a lot of savings involved for future purposes.

No matter how rich your husband is,you still will in one way or the other add your own penny,at one point you must have gotten something for your kids/hubby or even yourself with your own money. Or even buy something for the home use,even if its something worth 10 naira. If your hubby is so rich and takes care of 100 percent of all the home front then its your duty as an income earning wife to save @ least 50 percent for future reasons. The time to use it will certainly arise and you will be glad you did.

If you decide not to contribute to the home front and spend your income lavishly,you will be a disgrace to your family cause that's the role of a wife TO SUPPORT her husband. When the trying time comes is when your savings come in and you hubby will be glad. Even if your hubby doesn't ask you directly,its your wifely duty to know when to drop,you don't have to give him the money directly, we women know how to go about it. You don't have to wait for home monthly allowance,you can get things you know your home needs on your own without being told. And please don't go telling it all out to his face that you spent your income buy things you need @ home.

If you buy things with your income and he doesn't say anything leave it.don't think he doesn't notice your support,he does cause he is not blind.

Some women even think they are doing their hubby a favour by supporting with their income,that's ruBBish. If you like no support and spend lavishly no wahala,you will definitely face the consequences when the time comes.

your comments always make lot of sense. The family section need more of your kind.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by charles316: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
OhjayE:

people like you question God for not giving you your own man,its a pity you cant see the reason yourself.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by taryour(f): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
thehunted:

your comments always make lot of sense. The family section need more of your kind.

Oh thank you and God bless.
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by Emerald557: 8:25am On May 23, 2017
Dygeasy:
There's No Argument Here. As Long As I, as a man, Can Cater For My Family's Needs, My Wife Should Hold Her Money And Use It For Whatever She Likes.

Define what you mean by when you are not around... I mean you could be away for months, years and so on... So you mean you should cater for your family only when you are around? It means that a man can stay away from the home in the name of "am not around" and so run away from responsibility
Re: What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? by yvesboss(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2017
Honestly, Financial issues is the number one cause of divorce..deadly than infidelity.

In this current economy, no Man should form Financial Van Damme. I know it is every man's dream to carry the house 100% but if you know it will become overwhelming and also, the financial pressure will change your attitude and also make you depress when you cant fulfill all, seek your spouse's help.

In those days of financial boom, a man can conveniently carry the House 90% but now, with high inflation and constant income (Meaning present income being cut by more than half in reality), a man should seek help.

(1) (Reply)

Rape Victim, 16, Speaks Out After Photos Of Her Assault Were Spread Online / >:( / I Have An Amazingly Handsome Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.