Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan (5714 Views)

Terrible Accident In Front Of Shoprite. Ibadan(no Pics) / Business Has Been Good - Shoprite Ibadan / 16 Nigerian P-i-m-p-s Will Spend New Year In Spanish Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2014
basilo101: E be lyk say na only shoprite dey d mall at ibadan judging frm d way yoruba ppl equate polo park 2 shoprite. Polo park is bustling so if shoprite is nt patronised let dem get d hell out n hv dia space taken. I'v bn 2 polo park sevaral tyms witout evn kuming close 2 d shoprite end
It was the OP that called it the escalator in Shoprite, so he misled the people. He doesn't even know what he is talking about. That escalator is where Filmhouse cinema is in the mall. You guys will say anything just to make yourself happy and btw shoprite was so full that they had to shut down for a while due to overcrowding.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2014
RedReact: Una well done for the new year o. Abeg give me some entertainment jare gringrin
Aside that, I personally don't like Shoprite but those people saying it's only shoprite they have in Ibadan, kindly pay visit to Jericho, Bodija, Challenge, Ring Road (for the ones I know though) and see people shop.
I need some laffs jare.
THOSE people just like to run their mouths, they've never been to ibadan before and yet they will talk as if they gave birth to them there. I'm always amazed when I see these things online...anyways, Ignorance is Bliss.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by RedReact: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2014
^^^
Yeah, shoprite may have the name, being a foreign brand, but I will say it does not sweep off the consumer base in the city. Others are there too and are profiting in a big way.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by meccuno: 11:59am On Jan 03, 2014
geeez: Lol

What about the people that spent New Year in the Enugu jacuzzi?

Meanwhile Shoprite has two outlets in the ancient city

Could only mean they are making a kill

And I've seen white kids in those long London Underground escalators enjoying the 'ride' too and even taking steps up against the direction of the escalator so it's not an Ibadan thingy
THERE WOULD BE SADNESS AND GLOOM IN THE TRIBAL WORLD IF THEIR CHIEF TRIBALIST DOESNT DO HIS JOB WELL......AM VERY SURE DEATH WOULD BE AROUND THE CORNER IF YOU DONT PROFESS THE WORD IGBOS ON THAT UGLY LOOKING LIPS OF YOURS...
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
meccuno: THERE WOULD BE SADNESS AND GLOOM IN THE TRIBAL WORLD IF THEIR CHIEF TRIBALIST DOESNT DO HIS JOB WELL......AM VERY SURE DEATH WOULD BE AROUND THE CORNER IF YOU DONT PROFESS THE WORD IGBOS ON THAT UGLY LOOKING LIPS OF YOURS...

no mind am
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ori e ti daru, OP
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Let's face it, 90% of the people living in the south east have not seen an escalator before. FACT.

That's just BTW, the pic here didn't even depict children playing on the escalator but if they actually were, wetin concern you?
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by meforyou1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez:

Who will to go to Polo Park when Water Parks just opened?

It's not like people went there even before now anyway

Why do you think there's still only one outlet almost three years after?

how many outlets do you want shoprite to have in enugu when they have only 1 in abuja?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by phantom(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez:

Even in escalators leading to the London Underground trains kids play on escalators

It's never unusual for kids up to age 11 and sometimes beyond

I'm sure people raising the roof here haven't stepped on escalators before because if the have, they must have come across a kid or two hopping on an escalator
but i dont see the british press writing articles or british forumites open threads about their ' escalator playing kids'. The op opened a thread for it, so it must be a big deal to him..lol.funny thread.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
django1: Let's face it, 90% of the people living in the south east have not seen an escalator before. FACT.

That's just BTW, the pic here didn't even depict children playing on the escalator but if they actually were, wetin concern you?

U are still showcasing how timid u are.
So escalator is now a rare thing abi?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
me_for_you: how many outlets do you want shoprite to have in enugu when they have only 1 in abuja?

To geez, it means Ibadan peeps are more buoyant than abuja ppls.
Lwkmd for this thread.
Geeez, I don mark u from this thread.
u are a sore loser
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by delpee(f): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nothing new really.Children had so much fun using the escalators in Kingsway and Leventis of old. Also the wonderful train ride to Santas grotto.
Both stores were around the area of todays Heritage Mall and Shoprite in the 70s before SAP sapped the economy dry and all the big stores closed down.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
idio.t. The children left the cinema at the same time and they have only one escalator there. What do you expect? Why not go and see what the escalator normally looks like at Fulham Broadway after a Chelsea home game?

Again, you are just an idi.ot.

This is how moderate posters become ethnic warlords. Now I know why. People like you should be held responsible
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
scipher: cheesy cheesy cheesy
they be like
"mummy wa, asi wa Lori eskalation. on muv di e di e"

[img]http://3.bp..com/-y_8bzqfSMnM/UsUcbEGBh6I/AAAAAAACXT4/ccGFFFdQ16I/s1600/07.jpg[/img]

the pic was taken yesterday at
Heritage Mall in Ibadan. The kids came to
the mall with their guardians to spend the
New Year but ended up spending most part
of their visit at the mall's escalator.

the kids were initially so scared of the
elevator, but when they finally got to use it,
they loved it and took turns going up and
down the elevator...from dawn till dusk. He
said there was actually a queue and a lot
of argument about who goes first.
Oloriburuku ni e
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

U are still showcasing how timid u are.
So escalator is now a rare thing abi?

How many there are in se?
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ola one:
Oloriburuku ni e
oloribiruku ni mother e
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
scipher: oloribiruku ni mother e
Were ni awon ara ile. Omo ale. Phucking tool. Oloriburuku
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
scipher: cheesy cheesy cheesy
they be like
"mummy wa, asi wa Lori eskalation. on muv di e di e"

[img]http://3.bp..com/-y_8bzqfSMnM/UsUcbEGBh6I/AAAAAAACXT4/ccGFFFdQ16I/s1600/07.jpg[/img]

the pic was taken yesterday at
Heritage Mall in Ibadan. The kids came to
the mall with their guardians to spend the
New Year but ended up spending most part
of their visit at the mall's escalator.

the kids were initially so scared of the
elevator, but when they finally got to use it,
they loved it and took turns going up and
down the elevator...from dawn till dusk. He
said there was actually a queue and a lot
of argument about who goes first.
Ko le da fun e, trust me
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by RedReact: 1:34am On Jan 04, 2014
^^^
He never reach that level now; na just to entertain. Besides, looking at the picture, the caption did not depict what those kids were doing properly. Nothing depicts that the kids were playing on that escalator at all.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Sloan: 2:42am On Jan 04, 2014
The children are in the land of their fathers (Yorubaland) riding the escalators paid for by a company on their fathers land, why are the people who are still marooned at the Enugu jacuzzi crying louder about young children enjoying their fathers property in their own land??
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Ola one:
Were ni awon ara ile. Omo ale. Phucking tool. Oloriburuku
phucking dumb ass la won to Bi e
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 04, 2014
Ola one:
Ko le da fun e, trust me
ti e ma baje.. it's a guarantee
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by MayorofLagos(m): 5:42am On Jan 04, 2014
Id rather have my child spend two hours riding up and down in fascination of an escalator than out in the bush trapping chimp to cook for village yam festival.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by MayorofLagos(m): 5:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Sloan: The children are in the land of their fathers (Yorubaland) riding the escalators paid for by a company on their fathers land, why are the people who are still marooned at the Enugu jacuzzi crying louder about young children enjoying their fathers property in their own land??

Internally Displaced People are desensitized and detached from anything called fatherland.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 5:58am On Jan 04, 2014
scipher: phucking dumb ass la won to Bi e
You will never start a topic like this on nl again. Making jest of children for that matter. You reek of ignorance and silliness. Why did you log out last night when I was online?

Oloriburuku omo awon were. Ebi swine.

Go and die!
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 6:00am On Jan 04, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos: Id rather have my child spend two hours riding up and down in fascination of an escalator than out in the bush trapping chimp to cook for village yam festival.
Don't mind the dolts.

This severely sick Scipher dolt has logged out again because I'm online. Phucking coward!
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2014
U can choose to keep consoling yourselves, I have made my point.
Ibadan ppl will always be primitive like their tribal counterparts
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2014
django1:

How many there are in se?

which large office complex or mall doesn't have an escalator or an elevator.
Go and hide somewhere with ur insecurities
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 04, 2014
ketoprofen: U can choose to keep consoling yourselves, I have made my point.

How many people living in the east have seen an escalator before? Not up to 10%.
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 04, 2014
ketoprofen:

which large office complex or mall doesn't have an escalator or an elevator.
Go and hide somewhere with ur insecurities

If you live in the east...outside Enugu, the chances are 95% that you've never been on an escalator.....even on an elevator sef.!
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2014
ketoprofen: U can choose to keep consoling yourselves, I have made my point.
Watch it. Watch it! I'm trying not to become an ethnic warlord. angry sad
Re: Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2014
Ola one:
You will never start a topic like this on nl again. Making jest of children for that matter. You reek of ignorance and silliness. Why did you log out last night when I was online?

Oloriburuku omo awon were. Ebi swine.

Go and die!
iku ma pa e ni week yii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Ridicules Buhari's Ill-health With Funny Cartoon / Ohanaeze, Igbo And Ikwerre, Let's Discuss Here / Dele Momodu Shares Video Of How Abacha Died In Abuja (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.