Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (56496 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:13am On Jan 03, 2014
Katier00 :
Like seriously, are u married? I tot you are only but a child

So,a married man can not have fun ? *Still dancing atilogwu*
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by taju4free(m): 8:13am On Jan 03, 2014
I wonder if dis is a house of God or a club house?
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Xyge(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Ejike.chinedu:
Click like if you are typingless/commentless......
Omo Nnewi wo leleyi? Ewo tuni 'typingless'?...lwkmd... Nna forgeeet, nobody sees this post and is TYPINGLESS... Comments must flow.. Hehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Sirniyeh: Wow! You are too much. What a nice writeup. But you disappointed me. Why run away from the lady you sat with? No matter be the level, man will remain man. I'm telling you from the spirit that the lady is a Senator's girlfriend, it's an opportunity for you to meet oga at the top. It an opportunity to change your car from bintus to Picnic. Even you disappointed the lady because holding your hand during the service really enhanced he orgasm. She was seriously in spirit but you cut her off. Go and ask for forgiveness here on nairaland because the lady is a nairalader.
R U A LEARNER
ABI UWANT MAKE D MAN SELL HIM HOUSE
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 8:19am On Jan 03, 2014
All this happening in the church undecided
Smh
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Happydave(f): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2014
hardywaltz: If i get to heaven and i see Chris Okotie there i will definitely know i'm in the wrong place.
Judge not.jesus actually did paid d price 4 some1 like him.God is not a man he doesnt think d way u do.He loves Chris Okotie same way he loves d most righteous man on earth.!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Tomiwaa(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2014
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....in the last days people
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2014
taju4free: I wonder if dis is a house of God or a club house?
I wonder too & this has been their orientation
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by oluxy(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2014
Lol! D day I hrd his sermon on TV, I got tired with grammar that was not in dictionary..
Na him style, let him shine.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Waspy(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2014
LMAO grin
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2014
haibe:

Trace to his house? you think you are in an advanced country? lol.

Keep thinking like this.. Just don't feign ignorance when you get caught.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nmeri17: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2014
Lwkmd grin
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by mikovo2002(m): 8:50am On Jan 03, 2014
I wish this church is in Warri I like to follow up
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Ayatullah(m): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2014
All praise is due to the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Deen - Islam. I pray the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Path of Islam grant Pastor Chris Okotie Islam, so that he will not end up living his Paradise on Earth, and be of those Jesus will tell in the hereafter: "Get away from me ye worker of iniquities".

4 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Abbey2sam(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2014
The road to hell is so wide
I'm not judging though, I'm just saying

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by mki: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2014
Those bouncers are there to discourage angry husbands and boyfriends.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Defaramade(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2014
emmawiz: Summary pls!! I can't finish d whole story.
na so u lazy reach??
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by elblanco(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Its pathetic. Businessmen who profess to be pastors deceiving people.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Abdogood(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Nice write up bro. U er nothing but FUNNY. Got me laughing hard mahnnnnn.
I couldn't help it than to comment.
That was an experience. U made my day.
Thumb up!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by segnys007(m): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2014
A good read. But is this real abi na fabrication?
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by glo3nity: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2014
This is end time with many happenings and like Jesus Christ said ' many will come in my NAME..!' indeed they are coming and infact more are still coming. No one can tell who is who one just need to be careful with which ever church he/she chooses to worship, When worshiping, worship in truth and in spirit and not in FLESH, forget your SOUL!!!

Be wise let no man FOOL YOU, DECEIVE YOU and MISLEAD YOU. Remember it is not your FLESH that shall receive the ULTIMATE PURNISHMENT but your SOUL!!!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by cherriex(f): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2014
Toks2008: IDOLATRY, a subconscious norm in churches today.

I decide to share this article with you all to express MY OPINION about a gross abnormality that has permeated so deep into our churches today to the extent that Christians who worship in such churches have been totally enmeshed in this act and rather than see it as sinful,they will rather go all the way to defend their blasphemous acts or utterances.

Now we will take a case study from Christ embassy.

Just to set the records straight,before I continue, I would like you all to realize that I have absolutely nothing against Pastor Chris who is the general overseer and infact he is a man I respect so much and his teachings have really opened my eyes to my stands with Christ.

I also want you all to realize that I actually became a member of Christ embassy far back in 2001 and I was not just a member but an active PCF(Pastoral care fellowship) member under the name Haven. I actually was a member until 2010 when I moved away from the location and unfortunately where I relocated to is far from the mega churches so I had to worship with any nearby church.

SUBCONSCIOUS IDOLATRY

-I have always wondered why pastor Chris' picture is usually made so bold on the Frames that is usually placed in most of their branches . I kept wondering if it was done that way to make people see clearly that it is Chris oyakhilome’s church or maybe he is so cute that it will be just nice to display his frame or maybe for any other reasons but believe me, I think it is over blown.

- You need to see how members scream when Pastor Chris shows up in some gatherings and sometimes one tend to wonder if there is more to it. This also to many is normal but I think its also blown out of proportion.

-Have you wondered why many guys in Christ embassy suddenly developed the habit of wanting to dress, talk, act like pastor Chris? Honestly it blows my mind that even some of their pastors will even curl up their hair(I have nothing against curling of hair) just to take up Pastor Chris looks. You may say this does not matter but i believe its a sign of idolatry.

-Today I saw a face book post by one of the members of the church I presume, felicitating with Pastor Chris on his birthday and she used these words
“A great gift I celebrate” referring to Pastor Chris.

After seeing this, I made my opinion known by responding to the post writing ”In my opinion, Jesus is the only gift from GOD worth celebrating but you can appreciate and respect your pastor”

You all only need to imagine how furious she got and got so defensive that she sent a very funny reply to that which I don’t want to go into.

I simply wondered if she is just ignorant of those words “a great gift I celebrate” or maybe she was trying to show her sense of discipleship or maybe she is simply showing so much attachment to this innocent man I really don’t know but in my opinion, that was stark idolatry.

According to the various meanings of celebrate, we will discover that you can’t really celebrate a person but you can celebrate with someone who is said to be a celebrant who is also celebrating an event together with you. Events are meant to be celebrated And if we must celebrate an entity, i strongly believe that only the trinity is worth celebrating and no human must be celebrated in anyway but rather we celebrate with a human.

The Merriam-Webster Online dictionary gave another definition to the word celebrate as “to praise” so paraphrasing her exact words, she is simply saying
“A great gift I PRAISE” This is no doubt idolatry and she might just be so oblivious of this fact.

Though I used Christ embassy as a case study but this act of subconscious idolatry is prevalent in most of our churches with members believing in stickers that has the pastors face, putting the picture of their pastor in their rooms and so on and unfortunately these members are totally unaware of this act and this is why I tagged it “Subconscious idolatry” and should be stopped.

JEHOVAH IS STILL A JEALOUS GOD.

I agree with you my friends get angry when I told them I can't keep pictures of jesus or any pastor on my fone or in my room,they think its rude bt I've read in the bible where it says we shld nt worship any image at all,everyday I pray,I must include the men of God,I respect nd love them but I can never worship any human or image,Jesus lives in my heart.these days pple honour nd fear their pastors than God himself.its a pity we defend our pastors than the word of God for exampl some attributes nd behavoiurs of this men of God are too contrary to the word of God yet we still try to defend them instead of prayin for them to change or pointin out their mistakes since they r also humans nd r bound to err once in a while.

3 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by cherriex(f): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2014
Toks2008: IDOLATRY, a subconscious norm in churches today.

I decide to share this article with you all to express MY OPINION about a gross abnormality that has permeated so deep into our churches today to the extent that Christians who worship in such churches have been totally enmeshed in this act and rather than see it as sinful,they will rather go all the way to defend their blasphemous acts or utterances.

Now we will take a case study from Christ embassy.

Just to set the records straight,before I continue, I would like you all to realize that I have absolutely nothing against Pastor Chris who is the general overseer and infact he is a man I respect so much and his teachings have really opened my eyes to my stands with Christ.

I also want you all to realize that I actually became a member of Christ embassy far back in 2001 and I was not just a member but an active PCF(Pastoral care fellowship) member under the name Haven. I actually was a member until 2010 when I moved away from the location and unfortunately where I relocated to is far from the mega churches so I had to worship with any nearby church.

SUBCONSCIOUS IDOLATRY

-I have always wondered why pastor Chris' picture is usually made so bold on the Frames that is usually placed in most of their branches . I kept wondering if it was done that way to make people see clearly that it is Chris oyakhilome’s church or maybe he is so cute that it will be just nice to display his frame or maybe for any other reasons but believe me, I think it is over blown.

- You need to see how members scream when Pastor Chris shows up in some gatherings and sometimes one tend to wonder if there is more to it. This also to many is normal but I think its also blown out of proportion.

-Have you wondered why many guys in Christ embassy suddenly developed the habit of wanting to dress, talk, act like pastor Chris? Honestly it blows my mind that even some of their pastors will even curl up their hair(I have nothing against curling of hair) just to take up Pastor Chris looks. You may say this does not matter but i believe its a sign of idolatry.

-Today I saw a face book post by one of the members of the church I presume, felicitating with Pastor Chris on his birthday and she used these words
“A great gift I celebrate” referring to Pastor Chris.

After seeing this, I made my opinion known by responding to the post writing ”In my opinion, Jesus is the only gift from GOD worth celebrating but you can appreciate and respect your pastor”

You all only need to imagine how furious she got and got so defensive that she sent a very funny reply to that which I don’t want to go into.

I simply wondered if she is just ignorant of those words “a great gift I celebrate” or maybe she was trying to show her sense of discipleship or maybe she is simply showing so much attachment to this innocent man I really don’t know but in my opinion, that was stark idolatry.

According to the various meanings of celebrate, we will discover that you can’t really celebrate a person but you can celebrate with someone who is said to be a celebrant who is also celebrating an event together with you. Events are meant to be celebrated And if we must celebrate an entity, i strongly believe that only the trinity is worth celebrating and no human must be celebrated in anyway but rather we celebrate with a human.

The Merriam-Webster Online dictionary gave another definition to the word celebrate as “to praise” so paraphrasing her exact words, she is simply saying
“A great gift I PRAISE” This is no doubt idolatry and she might just be so oblivious of this fact.

Though I used Christ embassy as a case study but this act of subconscious idolatry is prevalent in most of our churches with members believing in stickers that has the pastors face, putting the picture of their pastor in their rooms and so on and unfortunately these members are totally unaware of this act and this is why I tagged it “Subconscious idolatry” and should be stopped.

JEHOVAH IS STILL A JEALOUS GOD.

I agree with you my friends get angry when I told them I can't keep pictures of jesus or any pastor on my fone or in my room,they think its rude bt I've read in the bible where it says we shld nt worship any image at all,everyday I pray,I must include the men of God,I respect nd love them but I can never worship any human or image,Jesus lives in my heart.these days pple honour nd fear their pastors than God himself.its a pity we defend our pastors than the word of God for exampl some attributes nd behavoiurs of this men of God are too contrary to the word of God yet we still try to defend them instead of prayin for them to change or pointin out their mistakes since they r also humans nd r bound to err once in a while.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

I hope you know cyber death threats are punishable crime
You can be traced right to your ghetto in Iyana Ipaja in case you don't know
Ewu

An example of a typical suffering and smiling Nigerian! Baby mama indeed!

#urmamaEWU
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by strongboi(m): 9:48am On Jan 03, 2014
Chris Okotie has die-hard converts who from all indications are ready to do anything for him. he is to them,a role model of a sort.

Hmmmm!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by kizzybalze(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2014
Why should d so called house of God b where people go and fall into temptation rather gain salvation......End tyme tinz.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by lakesider(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
Another pastor

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by cherriex(f): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2014
The truth is that we all knw the truth,when a message of truth is preached even an unbeliever will agree that its d truth but we dnt like hearin the truth cos its BITTER,we hate to hear of repentance and sin,of evangelism and care for the less privildge,we hate to hear we have to share,forgiveness nd judgemnt.we want prosperity all d time,we read d bible in bits quotin d parts that suits us only,jst like d sayin no one wants to die bt we all want to go to heaven.
I knw not all ppl are like dis but majority of us are,jst like children we dnt like goin to where we will be scold,I remembr we r ones neighbors wt deeper life church nd all they ever preached is SIN nd repentance nd am such a lover of life nd fashion nd I still do d latter thgh,I use ear piece anytime they hv service or play my music loud grin,bt am nw a grwn nt a teenager who doesn't want scoldin.am nt a sister(so calld) bt I love d lord more nd study d bible nt because I want somtin nw bt because I desire to knw him.may God give us the grace to walk in his ways.

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by celinababy: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2014
Hhahhahhaa OMG ! Mr chris u will not kioo me dis morning wid laugh
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2014
Ayatullah: All praise is due to the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Deen - Islam. I pray the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Path of Islam grant Pastor Chris Okotie Islam, so that he will not end up living his Paradise on Earth, and be of those Jesus will tell in the hereafter: "Get away from me ye worker of iniquities".
I Love that verse so much
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by okiuso(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2014
@op, says the only picture he took was forced to be deleted then where did he got those pix on the CKN site?
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by speaktogen(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2014
nemesiss: church church church...frontpage cos church don become una play ground....crap

Com'on Sharrap!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Prophet Onovwiona Emmanuel Is Sleeping With My Wife" - Smart Ojeski / She Finally Agreed To Give Him Sex On His Birthday / RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.