Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (56476 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Bola10(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2014
You are on point Alhamdullahi been a muslim
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Tigson: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Beautifully crafted piece. Pls, dis tym, tel us abt ur pastor n ur church.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by booblacain(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2014
re@lchange:
never go to any church where there are bouncers
jesus never walked around with bouncers
and even when he was arrested, he discouraged his followers from fighting
these latter day "christians" sef

Jesus christ did have bouncers, which where his disciples. Many times, especially when the crowed was heavy his disciples prevented people from pushing against him. There are some very irrational spoilers and troublesome people that exists in any multitude and Jesus was quite consciouse of this, and so he often allowed his disciples to act as a buffer. The only exceptions he gave to his disciples were for little children who he considered innocent and of less trouble.

He never hired or paid anyone for it though.

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by mojeer678: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2014
cherriex:

I agree with you my friends get angry when I told them I can't keep pictures of jesus or any pastor on my fone or in my room,they think its rude bt I've read in the bible where it says we shld nt worship any image at all,everyday I pray,I must include the men of God,I respect nd love them but I can never worship any human or image,Jesus lives in my heart.these days pple honour nd fear their pastors than God himself.its a pity we defend our pastors than the word of God for exampl some attributes nd behavoiurs of this men of God are too contrary to the word of God yet we still try to defend them instead of prayin for them to change or pointin out their mistakes since they r also humans nd r bound to err once in a while.

They err all the time. Cult-personality is enticing to the leader and his followers. It's like getting high and a clear indication of a void, a vacuum, an emptiness which these set of folks are desperately seeking to fill though with the wrong prescription.

Once you refuse the Truth, deception takes His rightful place.

What we see all around us are inevitable in a hypocrite society. We only deceive ourselves, professing a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

Very soon, there shall be the reaping of rewards, both pastors and their followers who opted to 'worship' God on their own terms, just like Nadab and Abihu the sons of Aaron!

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Janetozi(f): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Toks2008: IDOLATRY, a subconscious norm in churches today.

I decide to share this article with you all to express MY OPINION about a gross abnormality that has permeated so deep into our churches today to the extent that Christians who worship in such churches have been totally enmeshed in this act and rather than see it as sinful,they will rather go all the way to defend their blasphemous acts or utterances.

Now we will take a case study from Christ embassy.

Just to set the records straight,before I continue, I would like you all to realize that I have absolutely nothing against Pastor Chris who is the general overseer and infact he is a man I respect so much and his teachings have really opened my eyes to my stands with Christ.

I also want you all to realize that I actually became a member of Christ embassy far back in 2001 and I was not just a member but an active PCF(Pastoral care fellowship) member under the name Haven. I actually was a member until 2010 when I moved away from the location and unfortunately where I relocated to is far from the mega churches so I had to worship with any nearby church.

SUBCONSCIOUS IDOLATRY

-I have always wondered why pastor Chris' picture is usually made so bold on the Frames that is usually placed in most of their branches . I kept wondering if it was done that way to make people see clearly that it is Chris oyakhilome’s church or maybe he is so cute that it will be just nice to display his frame or maybe for any other reasons but believe me, I think it is over blown.

- You need to see how members scream when Pastor Chris shows up in some gatherings and sometimes one tend to wonder if there is more to it. This also to many is normal but I think its also blown out of proportion.

-Have you wondered why many guys in Christ embassy suddenly developed the habit of wanting to dress, talk, act like pastor Chris? Honestly it blows my mind that even some of their pastors will even curl up their hair(I have nothing against curling of hair) just to take up Pastor Chris looks. You may say this does not matter but i believe its a sign of idolatry.

-Today I saw a face book post by one of the members of the church I presume, felicitating with Pastor Chris on his birthday and she used these words
“A great gift I celebrate” referring to Pastor Chris.

After seeing this, I made my opinion known by responding to the post writing ”In my opinion, Jesus is the only gift from GOD worth celebrating but you can appreciate and respect your pastor”

You all only need to imagine how furious she got and got so defensive that she sent a very funny reply to that which I don’t want to go into.

I simply wondered if she is just ignorant of those words “a great gift I celebrate” or maybe she was trying to show her sense of discipleship or maybe she is simply showing so much attachment to this innocent man I really don’t know but in my opinion, that was stark idolatry.

According to the various meanings of celebrate, we will discover that you can’t really celebrate a person but you can celebrate with someone who is said to be a celebrant who is also celebrating an event together with you. Events are meant to be celebrated And if we must celebrate an entity, i strongly believe that only the trinity is worth celebrating and no human must be celebrated in anyway but rather we celebrate with a human.

The Merriam-Webster Online dictionary gave another definition to the word celebrate as “to praise” so paraphrasing her exact words, she is simply saying
“A great gift I PRAISE” This is no doubt idolatry and she might just be so oblivious of this fact.

Though I used Christ embassy as a case study but this act of subconscious idolatry is prevalent in most of our churches with members believing in stickers that has the pastors face, putting the picture of their pastor in their rooms and so on and unfortunately these members are totally unaware of this act and this is why I tagged it “Subconscious idolatry” and should be stopped.

JEHOVAH IS STILL A JEALOUS GOD.
true talk
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by tosynomolara(f): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Give it to us pastor........grin grin
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by rhowly(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ayatullah: All praise is due to the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Deen - Islam. I pray the Almighty Allah who guided me to the Right Path of Islam grant Pastor Chris Okotie Islam, so that he will not end up living his Paradise on Earth, and be of those Jesus will tell in the hereafter: "Get away from me ye worker of iniquities".
You can thank Allah elsewhere, can't you? This really should be something u respectfully refrain from commenting on. It's simple wisdom

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by SenatorJames(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Jesus is Lord
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by booblacain(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
cherriex:

I agree with you my friends get angry when I told them I can't keep pictures of jesus or any pastor on my fone or in my room.......

did Jesus take any picture when he was here on earth. You should ask those your friends if their great grand fathers was Jesus's camera men.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
rhowly:
You can thank Allah elsewhere, can't you? This really should be something u respectfully refrain from commenting on. It's simple wisdom
So what's your point dude, isn't this piece of scripture disgraceful? & yet you guys will preach that you ain't gone astray...smh
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Picomon(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chai! Walahi, all those gals must give it to me when I reach there on Sunday..

@OP Gbayii for the info.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by MightyFortress: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
I have to visit that church!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by twentycent(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
What more can we say ??
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Ishilove: 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pangea: The description above is a classical example of a CULT!
I don't think so. It is very obvious to the discerning eye that many parts of this story is grossly exaggerated. GROSSLY.

In fact, about 50% of the story is a huge pile of bullshit. There is nothing funny about this story because it stinks of shameless fabrication

That aside, I don't understand the rationale behind bouncers in the house of God. It's all very puzzling and it all points to the fact that Chris Okotie is a very vain man.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by lonzo2214: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
hardywaltz: If i get to heaven and i see Chris Okotie there i will definitely know i'm in the wrong place.
mehn this post kept me laughing for some minuites....
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Ishilove: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
fernandoc: This is a very well fabricated story.
I agree, though I believe it is just parts not all that was fabricated.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Ndkings1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
Well, if u doubt or dnt believe the story, you can go there and hav ur own experience. . .yawk!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by MrAboki: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ishilove:
I don't think so. It is very obvious to the discerning eye that many parts of this story is grossly exaggerated. GROSSLY.

In fact, about 50% of the story is a huge pile of bullshit. There is nothing funny about this story because it stinks of shameless fabrication

That aside, I don't understand the rationale behind bouncers in the house of God. It's all very puzzling and it all points to the fact that Chris Okotie is a very vain man.

Ishi'm.. Happy nu year my dear..

Yes he obviously exxageratted the parts about him and the Nwa baby by his side.. But the rest of the story is very true..

#Facts:

1. Okotie owns all the properties on the street where his church is located.

2. Okoties comes to Church in Limos, Bentleys (2014 model), Benz & Beemers..

3. Okoties Church has bouncers at the doors, altar, e.t.c..

4. Okotie has CCTV cameras inside the church halls.

5. Filming with your camera within and without the church even on the street leading to his church is prohibited.. Even Christ Embassy their neighbour does not permit such filming.

6. The ladies in his church are always sexily dressed.

7. Okoties sings more than he preaches ..

8. He is surrounded by bouncers at every point in time during the service.

9. The bouncers have been known to harass and detain violators and trespassers in the church.

e.t.c..

3 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by IfyAwazie(f): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
yertyr: I just admire the way u put the writeup but seriously the whole mockery concept is trash. I wud just say this: there's no church without flaws, what matters is where u're able to be closer to God. Perfection is only in Christ
The writer did not go there to worship God but to observe and find fault.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy Jumat service to ye who believe in the islamic monotheism, may Allah subhana wataallah makes us witness more on the surface of earth Ameen

2 Likes

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Victorjoseph(m): 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
I dnt judge cux am nt d most high neida do i condemn cux am nt pafct. Only God knws who dy worshippam
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by MrAboki: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ify Awazie: The writer did not go there to worship God but to observe and find fault.

And that is a bad thing why?!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by rhowly(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
eluquenson:
So what's your point dude, isn't this piece of scripture disgraceful? & yet you guys will preach that you ain't gone astray...smh
Since you require me to talk. Lets say I bring up something, video or comment from an Islamic cleric that's maybe erring/straying from tenets of their faith (they exist) and I now use that to say thank God im a christian yada yada yada. Can you see how that might not be tolerated on other forums or threads? All I was trying to say is his comment was unnecessary. Its not the proper thing to do. Geddit now?
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Ishilove: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Ishi'm.. Happy nu year my dear..

Yes he obviously exxageratted the parts about him and the Nwa baby by his side.. But the rest of the story is very true..

#Facts:

1. Okotie owns all the properties on the street where his church is located.

2. Okoties comes to Church in Limos, Bentleys (2014 model), Benz & Beemers..

3. Okoties Church has bouncers at the doors, altar, e.t.c..

4. Okotie has CCTV cameras inside the church halls.

5. Filming with your camera within and without the church even on the street leading to his church is prohibited.. Even Christ Embassy their neighbour does not permit such filming.

6. The ladies in his church are always sexily dressed.

7. Okoties sings more than he preaches ..

8. He is surrounded by bouncers at every point in time during the service.

9. The bouncers have been known to harass and detain violators and trespassers in the church.

e.t.c..

It is quite shameful and disheartening
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Bimpe29: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
No be small thing!
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Reachboy: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
There is nothing bad if a pastor is rich. Jesus Christ was not poor, he became poor for us to be rich (2corinthiance 8:9). But that Pst Chris okotie did not preach or preached with big grammars, well it is high matter, only God knows how he minister to his members. We were not there when God ask him to start pastoral work, only God can Judge him.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by suremanpatriot: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
What an uninspiring experience! It a total depiction of a circus gathering of like minds with unpredictable characters. The word of God about Church Ordinance cannot be faulted. By their fruit(attributes) you shall know them.
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Imyourex(m): 12:21am On Jan 04, 2014
ejim blessing: A cacophony of inexplicable duplicity!!!!

Are you somehow related to Honourable Obahiagbon?
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by mrvictor: 2:07am On Jan 04, 2014
Pastor Okotie is just a man like you who focused on his vision and has finally achieved such feat. The feat, good or bad, no matter how you perceive it, is none of your business. Try as much as you can to create own dreams and achieve yours, stop attempting to score cheap points by attaching to someone else's fame.

If you feel you are gifted in journalism, photography or story-writing, then work your dream and you will be greater than Chris Okotie.

My advice: your story-telling talent and it's style of delivery can be quite useful in the entertainment world or children storybooks.

1. Please, don't try it on religion, because you will not be successful in that trade here in Nigeria because in Nigeria, religion is entwined with politics and ethnicity(very complex).

2. Also don't try this your talent in politics or you will end up frustrated having more enemies and just pray such enemies aren't the "do or die" type, remember Dele Giwa.
The joy of being successful at what you do is being alive to enjoy the fruit of your labour(including giant bouncers, Roll Royce, limousine, fine girls, etc )

You have good writing skills anyway, but will work well with best-seller/ romantic literature. Leave churches alone!

Finally, I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by millhouse: 5:17am On Jan 04, 2014
Okotie oOº°˚
Re: An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 04, 2014
mrvictor: Pastor Okotie is just a man like you who focused on his vision and has finally achieved such feat. The feat, good or bad, no matter how you perceive it, is none of your business. Try as much as you can to create own dreams and achieve yours, stop attempting to score cheap points by attaching to someone else's fame.

If you feel you are gifted in journalism, photography or story-writing, then work your dream and you will be greater than Chris Okotie.

My advice: your story-telling talent and it's style of delivery can be quite useful in the entertainment world or children storybooks.

1. Please, don't try it on religion, because you will not be successful in that trade here in Nigeria because in Nigeria, religion is entwined with politics and ethnicity(very complex).

2. Also don't try this your talent in politics or you will end up frustrated having more enemies and just pray such enemies aren't the "do or die" type, remember Dele Giwa.
The joy of being successful at what you do is being alive to enjoy the fruit of your labour(including giant bouncers, Roll Royce, limousine, fine girls, etc )

You have good writing skills anyway, but will work well with best-seller/ romantic literature. Leave churches alone!

Finally, I wish you good luck.

@victor

U just put up some good piece of crap and bullshii*t; sorry, but am just being honest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Finally Agreed To Give Him Sex On His Birthday / "Prophet Onovwiona Emmanuel Is Sleeping With My Wife" - Smart Ojeski / RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.