Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22074 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: Muller a DM? Bloody hell
made a mistake..... Khedira rather
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: if you have been studying José team right from Porto to inter and Chelsea you'll know his winger track back a lot. The reason he gave Pedro Leon a dressing down was because he refused to track back and was even petulant. He was a right wing mid/forward at real. Never did José ask him to play right back....go Google again
So you believe Pedro Leon refused to track back for Sporting reasons. Sorry, that is a blatant lie. He said he did it for Sporting reasons. Get it. He found doing what Mourinho said he should do wrong. Tracking back can't be wrong. If you know Pedro Leon at all, you will know tracking back and interception.

By the way, I have been following Mourinho since he was at Porto before he won the UEFA cup then. I supported him at the finals against Celtics. Larsson played that match. Long before most of you knew his name.

Please tell me how tracking back can be sporting reasons for a player that tracks back. LOL.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
baby-boy:

From Wiki

On 24 September 2008, it was announced that Mineiro had signed for Chelsea as a backup for the injured Michael Essien until the end of the 2008–09 season.
Mineiro made his Chelsea debut on 1 November 2008 against Sunderland in a league match. He came on for Nicolas Anelka who had already scored a hat-trick leading Chelsea to a 5–0 victory.[3]
Despite already having played for Chelsea he was not formally revealed to the press until 7 November during a press conference at Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey. During the press conference it was confirmed Mineiro was on a contract to play as Chelsea's third choice defensive midfielder.[4] Mineiro played just twice for Chelsea, and his only start was against Burnley in the League Cup.

Bobo stop am oooooo
bros u disappoint me walahi

I no wan use Google for am. Miniero's case was very simple and easy, the man was released by hertha Berlin because hewas old and rrubbish and this guy said he was signed to replace Mikel? Na wa Oo.

For a player that was supposed to bench Mikel he was club less through the transfer windows lol

I repeat again, he did not know how rubbish miniero was and he wasn't following Chelsea then
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt:
So you believe Pedro Leon refused to track back for Sporting reasons. Sorry, that is a blatant lie. He said he did it for Sporting reasons. Get it. He found doing what Mourinho said he should do wrong. Tracking back can't be wrong. If you know Pedro Leon at all, you will know tracking back and interception.

By the way, I have been following Mourinho since he was at Porto before he won the UEFA cup then. I supported him at the finals against Celtics. Larsson played that match. Long before most of you knew his name.

Please tell me how tracking back can be sporting reasons for a player that tracks back. LOL.
if you're a coach and in your match preps and tactics your wide men were asked to track back and one of them refused to doso and you bench him, isnt that sporting reason? What does the term sporting reason mean to you? Changing a player's position? Your knowledge of football eh....I de laugh.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
And don't tell me you know José half as much as I do, I follow the man around. My system is full of his videos and interviews

I remember the Porto vs Celtic match I ran away from home to watch it then and got beat by my dad when I came back home. I wasn't a José fan then though but I was crazy about football then

Don't tell me what you don't know pls!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: if you're a coach and in your match preps and tactics your wide men were asked to track back and one of them refused to doso and you bench him, isnt that sporting reason? What does the term sporting reason mean to you? Changing a player's position? Your knowledge of football eh....I de laugh.
You are talking without understanding. Pedro Leon said he refused because of Sporting reasons. He meant he felt based on the game he plays, it was not right for him to do it.

He disagreed for Sporting reasons. Pedro Leon already tracks back, how can disagreeing to track back be for Porting reasons.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
If I just started following Chelsea now, how did I know there was a player like Mineiro? Haba.

How did I know Tail Ben Haim played for Chelsea? Or Lampard scoring a stunning goal and running to celebrate with Scolari when he was about to be sacked?

Please I followed Chelsea when Ruud Gull it was coaching Chelsea with Babayaro as a player. I watched Chelsea when Ruud Gull it was sacked and replaced by Vialli.

Mind you I was a Man Utd fan then, yet I kept tabs with Chelsea. Even though I decamped in 2010 to join Man City.
xtervaganza: bros u disappoint me walahi

I no wan use Google for am. Miniero's case was very simple and easy, the man was released by hertha Berlin because hewas old and rrubbish and this guy said he was signed to replace Mikel? Na wa Oo.

For a player that was supposed to bench Mikel he was club less through the transfer windows lol

I repeat again, he did not know how rubbish miniero was and he wasn't following Chelsea then
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: You are talking without understanding. Pedro Leon said he refused because of Sporting reasons. He meant he felt based on the game he plays, it was not right for him to do it.

He disagreed for Sporting reasons. Pedro Leon already tracks back, how can disagreeing to track back be for Porting reasons.
lemme ask u

Did u watch the match where they had d disagreement?

Why would José ask him to play right back when Ramos was o the pitch?

What was the final score of the match?

Why did José say he's no Zidane or Maradona

Why did u silently let the miniero arguments slide?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If I just started following Chelsea now, how did I know there was a player like Mineiro? Haba.

How did I know Tail Ben Haim played for Chelsea? Or Lampard scoring a stunning goal and running to celebrate with Scolari when he was about to be sacked?

Please I followed Chelsea when Ruud Gull it was coaching Chelsea with Babayaro as a player. I watched Chelsea when Ruud Gull it was sacked and replaced by Vialli.

Mind you I was a Man Utd fan then, yet I kept tabs with Chelsea. Even though I decamped in 2010 to join Man City.
if you are well informed about the minoero case then just counterwhat we said using points from your previous argarguments that he was benching Mikel(I laugh grin )
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: lemme ask u

[b]As for Mineiro, there was a mix up, what we are talking about is not today. If you read the wiki page, the announcement was posted after Minero had played for Chelsea. So Mineiro being a back up wasn't clear.

Essein had picked up a serious injury, Scolari bought Mineiro a Brazilian then. He played him and he wasn't good enough and then made a press announcement that he was bought for cover. I think Minero picked an injury after that. Then Mikel became stable. As I said before this is way back. If I was not following Chelsea, how will I remember a player who had a brief spell at Chelsea?

As I pointed out before, it is the same scenario with Romeu and Ginkel who came in and picked up injuries and Mikel still remains the rock.

Back to Pedro Leon, you said, Mou has played Lass as a right back. Also Sergio Ramos can play as a central defender, Pepe can play as a defensive midfielder.

Why is it impossible for Mou to try a tactical switch and play Pedro Leon as a Right back?

You are yet to answer.[/b]
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: lemme ask u

Let me ask you, did you watch the game or follow Pedro Leon or Canales before they went to Madrid?

Are you following Sarabia or Valero who used to be Real Madrid players?

Are you following the rise of Oliver Torres at Athletic Madrid? Or follow Gus Poyet as an assistant to Juande Ramos at Tottenham. Or when Does Santos, KP Boateng, Frazier Campbell and Taarabt where on bench at Tottenham?

Or Gus Poyet at Brighton till he helped construct their stadium?

I keep taps on football. So tell me the sporting reason because Pedro Leon alrwady tracks back naturally.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [b]As for Mineiro, there was a mix up, what we are talking about is not today. If you read the wiki page, the announcement was posted after Minero had played for Chelsea. So Mineiro being a back up wasn't clear.

Essein had picked up a serious injury, Scolari bought Mineiro a Brazilian then. He played him and he wasn't good enough and then made a press announcement that he was bought for cover. I think Minero picked an injury after that. Then Mikel became stable. As I said before this is way back. If I was not following Chelsea, how will I remember a player who had a brief spell at Chelsea?

As I pointed out before, it is the same scenario with Romeu and Ginkel who came in and picked up injuries and Mikel still remains the rock.

Back to Pedro Leon, you said, Mou has played Lass as a right back. Also Sergio Ramos can play as a central defender, Pepe can play as a defensive midfielder.

Why is it impossible for Mou to try a tactical switch and play Pedro Leon as a Right back?

You are yet to answer.[/b]
let me educate about it here.....

All these happened in José 1st season at the bernabeu, then Ramos was a right back for real and Spain

Jose usually paired carvalho and pepe at the back and their deputy was albiol and ezequel Garay not Ramos, OK?

He had no reason to convert a defensively poor player like Pedro Leon to a right back when he has accomplished fullbacks like Ramos and Arbeloa at his disposal plus a very good lassana Diarra. There was a need for Pedro Leon at right back if u understand football

I asked you earluer , did u watch the match where José and Pedro argued about him not tracking back?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: let me educate about it here.....

All these happened in José 1st season at the bernabeu, then Ramos was a right back for real and Spain

Jose usually paired carvalho and pepe at the back and their deputy was albiol and ezequel Garay not Ramos, OK?

He had no reason to convert a defensively poor player like Pedro Leon to a right back when he has accomplished fullbacks like Ramos and Arbeloa at his disposal plus a very good lassana Diarra. There was a need for Pedro Leon at right back if u understand football

I asked you earluer , did u watch the match where José and Pedro argued about him not tracking back?
You can see how you exposed yourself. You can't state a reason yet you argue.

Also you know nothing of Pedro Leon if you say he is defensively poor. Please he makes a lot of smart defensive moves and he makes lots of interceptions during matches. He wins the ball when his team loses possession. He can never be tagged defensively poor except by you.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Let me ask you, did you watch the game or follow Pedro Leon or Canales before they went to Madrid?

Are you following Sarabia or Valero who used to be Real Madrid players?

Are you following the rise of Oliver Torres at Athletic Madrid? Or follow Gus Poyet as an assistant to Juande Ramos at Tottenham. Or when Does Santos, KP Boateng, Frazier Campbell and Taarabt where on bench at Tottenham?

Or Gus Poyet at Brighton till he helped construct their stadium?

I keep taps on football. So tell me the sporting reason because Pedro Leon alrwady tracks back naturally.
u keep tabs o football but you don't seem to understand it.

I will educate you again, the reason José said Pedro Leon is no Zidane or maradona was because he refused to track back and Pedro Leon told José Ronaldo didn't track back either. Jose told Pedro he was feeling like a big player that he's not in the league of Ronaldo since he can't bring the goals like Ronaldo does.

So José basically told the press that if Pedro Leon is no Zidane or maradona he can drop him without any fuss and he's not as big as the players he mentioned so he should track back and stop being arrogant

And lastly, stop your bullcrap lies, there was never any reason why José would ask him to play right back just think right, he has 3 players in the post ion already
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: let me educate about it here.....

I didn't watch the match, I followed it online because I was a big fan of Mikel before Mou converted him, a big fan of Anderson before SAF converted him. These young superstars started looking average because of their natural roles being changed and I was disgusted for it to happen to Pedro Leon.

Now did you watch the game.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: You can see how you exposed yourself. You can't state a reason yet you argue.

Also you know nothing of Pedro Leon if you say he is defensively poor. Please he makes a lot of smart defensive moves and he makes lots of interceptions during matches. He wins the ball when his team loses possession. He can never be tagged defensively poor except by you.
it seem u just enjoy this argument so u can learn more abi?

You know ish about football. Since when did Pedro Leon become a player that intercepts and make defensive moves? What kind of nonsense is this? Are yu serious? You can't be taken serious walahi
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: I didn't watch the match, I followed it online because I was a big fan of Mikel before Mou converted him, a big fan of Anderson before SAF converted him. These young superstars started looking average because of their natural roles being changed and I was disgusted for it to happen to Pedro Leon.

Now did you watch the game.
yes I did. And everyone with a but of football brain will tell you Pedro Leon was no super star or big prospect before he joined real Madrid

He was only signed to meet the Spanish quota, never signed to be a starter and he was 24 when real Madrid bought him so when was he a young superstar at 24?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: u keep tabs o football but you don't seem to understand it.

I will educate you again, the reason José said Pedro Leon is no Zidane or maradona was because he refused to track back and Pedro Leon told José Ronaldo didn't track back either. Jose told Pedro he was feeling like a big player that he's not in the league of Ronaldo since he can't bring the goals like Ronaldo does.

So José basically told the press that if Pedro Leon is no Zidane or maradona he can drop him without any fuss and he's not as big as the players he mentioned so he should track back and stop being arrogant

And lastly, stop your bullcrap lies, there was never any reason why José would ask him to play right back just think right, he has 3 players in the post ion already
Messed up again. Please that statement Mourinho made wasn't in reference to Pedro Leon but to the journalist. The journalist kept on asking Mourinho why someone as talented as Pedro Leon wasn't in the squad and Mou was telling the journalist that Pedro Leon is not Maradona or Zidane that he couldn't leave him out of the squad.

It is just the same as the journalist of the champions league was harrassing Mourinho about Mata and Mourinho left the conference room.

Mourinho didn't mean Pedro Leon wasn't shifting in goals. Mourinho even made reference of the fact/point that few months before then Pedro Leon was a Getafe player.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: it seem u just enjoy this argument so u can learn more abi?

You know ish about football. Since when did Pedro Leon become a player that intercepts and make defensive moves? What kind of nonsense is this? Are yu serious? You can't be taken serious walahi
Keep exposing yourself more. I have told you. He wins balls during lost possession. I watch some games of Getafe that is why I can tell you Sarabia plays with Pedro Leon both of them used to be Real Madrid players. Don't say it again.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: yes I did. And everyone with a but of football brain will tell you Pedro Leon was no super star or big prospect before he joined real Madrid

He was only signed to meet the Spanish quota, never signed to be a starter and he was 24 when real Madrid bought him so when was he a young superstar at 24?
Spanish quota. You are funny if you will think Real Madrid will sign a player who doesn't have prospect.

24 is old in your town abi?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Messed up again. Please that statement Mourinho made wasn't in reference to Pedro Leon but to the journalist. The journalist kept on asking Mourinho why someone as talented as Pedro Leon wasn't in the squad and Mou was telling the journalist that Pedro Leon is not Maradona or Zidane that he couldn't leave him out of the squad.

It is just the same as the journalist of the champions league was harrassing Mourinho about Mata and Mourinho left the conference room.

Mourinho didn't mean Pedro Leon wasn't shifting in goals. Mourinho even made reference of the fact/point that few months before then Pedro Leon was a Getafe player.
what sort of rubbish is this? Do u have a goldfish memory? I told u earlier the qdtmatch he was dropped was a cl match, go read my post again, I saw the press conference live and not Google it like u did lol

He said he's no zidane or maradona so hes not too big for him to drop but Pedro had wanted to defend himself by using ronaldo's excuse for his own advantage earlier

Better understand football well, all the rubbish u spit about him playing rightback is bullcrap and Google can't even help you with that ...

Just go learn b4 u talk and stop acting like a football illiterate
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Expo time: Watch out for WERNER, teen magician who plays for FC Stuutgart. He is a legend in the making
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Keep exposing yourself more. I have told you. He wins balls during lost possession. I watch some games of Getafe that is why I can tell you Sarabia plays with Pedro Leon both of them used to be Real Madrid players. Don't say it again.
so because you know sarabia used to play for real u know football? Are you okay? Sarabia came from the castilla and real Madrid had a buy back clause in his getafe contract.

Just shut up already, when and where did u get that rubbish from? Jose likes hardworking players reason why he persisted with di maria despite his inconsistencies. If that were the case with Pedro Leon he would be one of José favorite at the bernabeu

Go check Callejon and how José used because he was hardworking. Shut up forever!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Spanish quota. You are funny if you will think Real Madrid will sign a player who doesn't have prospect.

24 is old in your town abi?
I can count 10 useless players without prospect that real Madrid signed. U know nothing about football like I said
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: what sort of rubbish is this? Do u have a goldfish memory? I told u earlier the qdtmatch he was dropped was a cl match, go read my post again, I saw the press conference live and not Google it like u did lol

He said he's no zidane or maradona so hes not too big for him to drop but Pedro had wanted to defend himself by using ronaldo's excuse for his own advantage earlier

Better understand football well, all the rubbish u spit about him playing rightback is bullcrap and Google can't even help you with that ...

Just go learn b4 u talk and stop acting like a football illiterate
Haba you watched the press conference live? LOl. That is a lie. We mostly see press conferences before the Champions league matches when highlights of the conferences are shown.

Na was. See talent.

If you watched the press conference live, how did you think Mou was referring to Pedro Leon not shipping in goals? LOL.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Expo time: Watch out for WERNER, teen magician who plays for FC Stuutgart. He is a legend in the making
I guess you're one of those boys that work at viewing centres and think they know football? Nonsense

Werner ko Weiner ni
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: I guess you're one of those boys that work at viewing centres and think they know football? Nonsense

Werner ko Weiner ni
We are talking of a young genius here. He is a teenager and has been one of the best player in the German League. It isn't a hype. This is expo. Keep your eyes out for him.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Haba you watched the press conference live? LOl. That is a lie. We mostly see press conferences before the Champions league matches when highlights of the conferences are shown.

Na was. See talent.

If you watched the press conference live, how did you think Mou was referring to Pedro Leon not shipping in goals? LOL.
if you don't see live press conference I won't blame you......maybe u don't have a good TV or you have no pay TV at home...I won't blame you for that.

If you want to watch live champions league press conference u can watch it I don't know where u come up with this nonsense abi na outside u de watch all ur matches ni? Lol
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: We are talking of a young genius here. He is a teenager and has been one of the best player in the German League. It isn't a hype. This is expo. Keep your eyes out for him.
so knowing him proves u have a football brain?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: if you don't see live press conference I won't blame you......maybe u don't have a good TV or you have no pay TV at home...I won't blame you for that.

If you want to watch live champions league press conference u can watch it I don't know where u come up with this nonsense abi na outside u de watch all ur matches ni? Lol
Ekwe, this is 3DSTV. Which channel, what time? LOL.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
I've never had a baseless football argument like this my whole life

From Mikel misyan to miniero to Pedro Leon and Werner

This guy is beyond pathetic really
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: so knowing him proves u have a football brain?
I just told you to check out a young genius on the rise. Hakim Mastour of AC Milan is another young rising talent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lucky Omeruo And Wife, Dorsy Chuks Welcome Their 2nd Child (Photos) / Portugal Will Play North Macedonia For A Place At The 2022 World Cup / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.