Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice (1267 Views)

Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) / Teacher Flogs Student To Death In Ibadan / Man Flogs Orphan To Death Over Christmas Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by LoverBoiSwag: 1:24am On Jan 04, 2014
The police in Ogun State have arrested a 37-year-old man, Kayode Olubunmi, for allegedly flogging his cousin to death on Christmas Day.
Olubunmi was said to have allegedly flogged 20-year-old Haruna Adeoye to death for eating up a bowl of cooked rice earlier given to him (Olubunmi) by a friend.
Adeoye said to be an orphan was alleged to have eaten the rice while Olubunmi was away from home – contrary to his uncle’s earlier instruction that it should be reserved for dinner.
The police claimed that Olubunmi, who returned home drunk, was infuriated by his cousin’s effrontery and while meting out corporal punishment to Adeoye, it resulted in his death.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, in a statement made available to newsmen in Abeokuta, explained that the tragedy occurred last December 25 at Ajegunle, Ita-Oluwo, Ogijo, in Sagamu Local Government Area of the state at about 10.30pm.
Adejobi said, “ When the suspect, who went on a visit to his friends’ place, came back drunk, he flogged the deceased to death with a stick for eating the rice he instructed him to keep for their dinner.
“Haruna was an orphan who had been staying with the suspect for years and Olubunmi could not state why he killed him.
“He (suspect) has confessed to the crime, he is with us at SCID Eleweran and will soon appear in court.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/man-flogs-cousin-to-death-for-eating-christmas-rice/
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by riceye: 1:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Hope i made d front page ds tym. Abt d story, i'm sori i dint read it @ all cos all i can say is what a pity if really its true.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 04, 2014
No comments
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Chylo(m): 4:41am On Jan 04, 2014
Lesson to learn here is: Do not eat somebody's Christmas rice without permission. Seriously, you could die.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by emmalexabl(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2014

What sort of barbaric act is this..

Imagine that sub human killing his cousin over

a bowl of rice..

Uncivilized people of wild wild southwest..
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by cashkid18(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2014
extreme poverty in nigera sad sad sad
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by gratiaeo(m): 8:30am On Jan 04, 2014
Chylo:

My friend, don't you think that is uncalled for? We are all Nigerians. Extreme poverty in Nigeria, would have been a better comment.
No, some people are sleeping waiting when fashola will deport all Igbo from Lagos so that they will take over their property and start living like a king.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Garrithe1st: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
The police in Ogun State have arrested a 37-year-old man, Kayode Olubunmi, for allegedly flogging his cousin to death on Christmas Day.
Olubunmi was said to have allegedly flogged 20-year-old Haruna Adeoye to death for eating up a bowl of cooked rice earlier given to him (Olubunmi) by a friend.

The 20 year old guy is a coward. At 20 you still allow yourself to be flogged WTF

At 14 I ready to "set blow" with anybody wen try to flog me.... say who you be.

Dude is an effing coward....

RIP

angry angry
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by sCun: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2014
gratiaeo:
The only lesson here is to shame poverty. Too much poverty in the SW
A high time yoruba people wake up and face what face them
No, I think it is better for them to continue in their delusion.
Developed south west indeed.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Chylo(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

The 20 year old guy is a coward. At 20 you still allow yourself to be flogged WTF

RIP

angry angry

Haba Monseiur Garri, the guy was an orphan putting up with this cousin na. Just try and put urself in his shoes, he was probably completely dependent on him for many things and would be unlikely to fight back.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by sCun: 8:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

RIP

angry angry
No Yorubas are very respectful to elders.
They can allow their elders to beat or räpe them to death without any resistance.
I love Yorubas because they observe their culture to the last.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by donphilopus: 9:12am On Jan 04, 2014
I can see many nitwits running their mouth here! By the time the Yoruba posters invade here, they would be the ones requesting for the closure of this thread.

So many nincompoops.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by gratiaeo(m): 9:19am On Jan 04, 2014
donphilopus: I can see many nitwits running their mouth here! By the time the Yoruba posters invade here, they would be the ones requesting for the closure of this thread.

So many nincompoops.
You should be praying for your poverty lavished cousins not insulting them

2 Likes

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Gamji007: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2014
gratiaeo:
No, some people are sleeping waiting when fashola will deport all Igbo from Lagos so that they will take over their property and start living like a king.

Dont you think the rice was given to them by an igbo neighbour? grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Garrithe1st: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2014
Chylo:

Haba Monseiur Garri, the guy was an orphan putting up with this cousin na. Just try and put urself in his shoes, he was probably completely dependent on him for many things and would be unlikely to fight back.

20 Year old orphan!!!!

At 20 he is old enough to fend for himself....
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Etumgbe(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2014
See poverty at it's peak
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2014
Poor boy,may his soul find peace. For him at his age to stand and do nothing while someone flogs him,he must have had a horrible life. Sad.

NB- all tribalistic posts reported.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Chylo(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

20 Year old orphan!!!!

You are right, but still...
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Valto(m): 9:51am On Jan 04, 2014
Gamji007:

Dont you think the rice was given to them by an igbo neighbour? grin
GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by sCun: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

20 Year old orphan!!!!

Poverty is real man.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2014
Garri the 1st:

RIP

angry angry

Endorsed!
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by donphilopus: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2014
gratiaeo:
You should be praying for your poverty lavished cousins not insulting them
Can you post in English??

NB: "We has" is not an English sentence.
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by MRL1MPoPoTM: 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
the worst part of this is that the said food wasnt prepared by the mean-spirited critter, so why would he even get upset.

poverty can frustrate the hell outta pple angry
Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Dannylux: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hahaha see comments!

I hope some silly tribalists don't come here to defend this barbaric act!

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by AbuMikey(m): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2014

You allowed Yourself to be flogged at 20? undecided

Is the guy cursed? Just curious

Re: Man Flogs Cousin To Death For Eating Christmas Rice by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
poverty at its peak... ouch...

such barbaric act

(1) (Reply)

Photo : Meet The Guy Who Charmed Someone Penis / Cult Groups Clash Claims 2 Lives, Injures 10 In Anambra / (Graphic Images) Pastor, Juju Priest Paraded Unclad In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.