Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) (37085 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri! / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nightshift: I was hoping to see the big scaring masquerades - Ijele, Okpoma, Ogbangbada, etc .

These are kids masquerades,which looks more like the ones in Rivers state. When did Igbo masquerades start displaying bare feet to women and uninitiated people?

Perikomo is certainly not amused!

Nwoke be anyi o,
I na efu maka mma enyashi?
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

After the oyibo man?

You have no self esteem.

Its not about esteem, but about what we as a people can achieve. The impact we make in the areas of science, manufacturing, architecture, engineering, literature etc.

Igbos are rare breeds when it comes to the areas I mentioned above.

Do you know that the only Nigerians serving in the British Parliament today are Igbos and Anambrans to be precise? Google Chuka Umunna and Chinwe, they are both doing Nigeria proud out there. The same thing applies to all other fields like literature where Chimamanda is the only Nigerian standing in the literary world today, presently there is no Nigerian that rivals her.

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by MANGAM(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yes bro u ar talking. The ibos ve really made us proud
chino11:

Its not about esteem, but about what we as a people can achieve. The impact we make in the areas of science, manufacturing, architecture, engineering, literature etc.

Igbos are rare breeds when it comes to the areas I mentioned above.

Do you know that the only two Nigerians and Africans in the British Parliament today are Igbos and Anambrans to be precise? Google Chuka Umunna and Chinwe, they are both doing Nigeria proud out their. The same thing applies to all other fields like literature where Chimamanda is the only Nigerian standing in the literary world, presently there is no Nigerian that rivals here.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
And to all the uninformed ppl on this thread, masquarades are majorly cultural not religious or paganism.
@ Rossike, my own creation story did not involve sky diving.
Speak for ur self.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
gurnam:

According to Chino....Ibos are inferior to Oyinbos.

Yes Igbos are only 2nd to Oyibos in the world of advancement..

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

Yes Igbos are only 2nd to Oyibos in world advancement..

Colonized mind. When you wake up tomorrow you will repent for these words.

Hero beer is making you irrational.

That should be their new slogan. Hero Beer - Makes you inferior to whites! Great tasting too!
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
agbameta:

LWKMD......LMAO

u are needed at the Xmas light thread in akwa ibom.
Not all those kirikiri tnz fashola did.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Nightshift(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Nwoke be anyi o,
I na efu maka mma enyashi?
Mba oh, our brothers in the other state will not understand that; mmawu abani is Enugu masquerade.

I wrote about Uvudike, the most famous masquerade in Okanga, which is unique to us and Nike. grin
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Colonized mind. When you wake up tomorrow you will repent for these words.

Hero beer is making you irrational.

That should be their new slogan. Hero Beer - Makes you inferior to whites! Great tasting too!

You can twist is all you want, but it does not change the perspectives. Its not about esteem as I pointed out. Its the same reason why Innoson can manufacture cars in Anambra at the time and age the Chinese and Japanese and Americans are manufacturing in their respective countries.

It is the same reason why school children in the SE can build Rockets in this time and age. It is the same reason why Biafrans manufactured 'Ogbunigwe' bombs and armored personnel 45years ago. It is the same reason Achebe's singular book has been translated into over 100 languages. That is the perspective am talking about. I can go on and on..

Now tell me any part of Nigeria that has attained these in the 50 years of Nigeria's existence.

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

Yes Igbos are only 2nd to Oyibos in world advancement..

Y were the ngbatis saying its inferiority complex?
Anybody that doesn't acknowledge the advancement of the whites is deceiving himself.
After the onyibos, its the igbos for sure

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

You can twist is all you want, but it does not change the perspectives. Its not about esteem as I pointed out. Its the same reason why Innoson can manufacture cars in Anambra at the time and age the Chinese and Japanese and Americans are manufacturing in their respective countries.

It is the same reason why school children in the SE can build Rockets in this time and age. It is the same reason why Biafrans manufactured 'Ogbunigwe' bombs and armored personnel 45years ago. It is the same reason Achebe's singular book has been translated into over 100 languages. That is the perspective am talking about. I can go on and on..

Now tell me any part of Nigeria that has attained these in the 50 years of Nigeria's existence.

You are drunk.

Also, you REALLY need to learn about the other tribes in Nigeria. Then, Africa, and then about diaspora blacks.

I don't know whether you are just ignorant, which is forgivable, or if you are just catching fun.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Dude 99.9% of all world cultures claim their 'deity' came FROM THE SKY. Go and educate yourself. In fact it s a fair bet that your own creation stories relate to beings who came 'from the sky'.
Dude, were you by any chance taught ''comprehension'' in high school?
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Y were the ngbatis saying its inferiority complex?
Anybody that doesn't acknowledge the advancement of the whites is deceiving himself.
After the onyibos, its the igbos for sure

Barth Nnaji an Igbo man from Enugu state is the only Nigerian that single-handedly built a power station. Tell me one Nigerian from any other part of Nigeria who can try that feat? Its only an Igboman, that is what I meant that Igbos are trailing the Oyibos in the world of creativeness and advancement. Nobody can wish away the fact that GOD first spoke through the Oyibos and now Oyibo is speaking through Igbos/Ibos.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

You are drunk.

Also, you REALLY need to learn about the other tribes in Nigeria. Then, Africa, and then about diaspora blacks.

Forget the drunk part and tell me in detailed facts that what I said is a nonsense. Come up with facts to prove me wrong on the advancement of an Igboman.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

Forget the drunk part and tell me in detailed facts that what I said is a nonsense. Come up with facts to prove me wrong on the advancement of an Igboman.

My man, keep drinking your oyibo owned SABmiller beer.

Go to the culture section of NL if you want to be educated on the achievements of the Hausa and Yoruba.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

I have to learn about what I can see, and not what I cannot see. Its on record that yorobass has the most certificated professors who parade everywhere without a single invention all their life and yet they have all the certificate. It was not until recently that we found out that most yorobars are 'Oluwole certification'.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Btw, a black man named Mark Dean is the reason you are able to type this nonsense.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
What are all this ugly created uncircumcised bitches doing here? agbmata and co find your level
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

I have to learn about what I can see, and not what I cannot see. Its on record that yorobass has the most certificated professors who parade everywhere without a single invention all their life and yet they have all the certificate. It was not until recently that we found out that most yorobars are 'Oluwole certification'.

[size=18pt]Here is one with an oluwole certificate: UT ECE professor Deji Akwinwande has been awarded the first Geim and Novoselov Graphene Prize during the gala dinner at the IEEE nano conference in Birmingham, UK. The award recognizes Deji’s work on flexible multifinger graphene device technology and in particular his invention of graphene transistors for high speed high frequency flexible nano electronics. Graphene transistors on flexible substrates could enable future flexible smart systems. The prize is named in honor of the 2010 Nobel laureates for graphene discovery.

Dr. Deji Akinwande is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. Professor Akinwande joined UT Austin starting from January 2010, and he is a member of IEEE, APS, ACS, and MRS societies.[/size]

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Go to the culture section of NL if you want to be educated on the achievements of the Hausa and Yoruba.

My friend display those achievements of yorobars here and now. The last I checked there are no yorobar nor hausa in the UK Parliament but as I type this piece there are two Igbos in the UK Parliament. So what are you talking about? The only Nigerian manufacturing cars today in Nigeria is an Igboman. The last I checked an Igboman had his book translated into 100 languages. Does that not prove that Igbos are only trailing Oyibos (US and UK) in world of advancement?

Now show us any other part of Nigeria that has achieved these few things I mentioned?

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

My friend display those achievements of yorobars here and now. The last I checked there are no yorobar nor hausa in the UK Parliament but as I type this piece there are two Igbos in the UK Parliament. So what are you talking about? The only Nigerian manufacturing cars today in Nigeria is an Igboman. The last I checked an Igboman had his book translated into 100 languages. Does that not prove that Igbos are only trailing Oyibos (US and UK) in world of advancement?

Now show us any other part of Nigeria that has achieved these few things I mentioned?

START WITH THE POST ABOVE YOU.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Here is one with an oluwole certificate: UT ECE professor Deji Akwinwande has been awarded the first Geim and Novoselov Graphene Prize during the gala dinner at the IEEE nano conference in Birmingham, UK. The award recognizes Deji’s work on flexible multifinger graphene device technology and in particular his invention of graphene transistors for high speed high frequency flexible nano electronics. Graphene transistors on flexible substrates could enable future flexible smart systems. The prize is named in honor of the 2010 Nobel laureates for graphene discovery.

Dr. Deji Akinwande is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. Professor Akinwande joined UT Austin starting from January 2010, and he is a member of IEEE, APS, ACS, and MRS societies.

This is still the same oluwole certification am talking about...

Show me how they used those certificates to better the lives of Nigerians or contribute to the advancement of Nigeria just like Innoson, Barth Nnaji etc, has done..

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

Barth Nnaji an Igbo man from Enugu state is the only Nigerian that single-handedly built a power station. Tell me one Nigerian from any other part of Nigeria who can try that feat? Its only an Igboman, that is what I meant that Igbos are trailing the Oyibos in the world of creativeness and advancement. Nobody can wish away the fact that GOD first spoke through the Oyibos and now Oyibo is speaking through Igbos/Ibos.

GOD first spoke through the oyibos?

You are standing on the continent where God first invented man.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Don't forget that Emeagwali is one of the fathers of the internet. An Igboman is partly instrumental to your being able to use the internet today..
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

GOD first spoke through the oyibos?

You are standing on the continent where God first invented man.

Yes GOD first spoke to the Oyibos that was why they got to the moon when Africans were still in the stone age..

Today Oyibo is speaking through the Igbos..see pictures below..

Show me part of Nigeria that can challenge the Igbos in these..? That is the perspective am talking about- advancement

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

This is still the same oluwole certification am talking about...

Show me how they used those certificates to better the lives of Nigerians or contribute to the advancement of Nigeria just like Innoson, Barth Nnaji etc, has done..

I am not your father. Go educate yourself.

It is really shameful that you are this ignorant.
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

I am not your father. Go educate yourself.

It is really shameful that you are this ignorant.

Show me in real terms what your oluwole certified professors achieved outside parading the streets with files..

Now this is an Igboman, he single-handedly built a power plant. Can you beat that..?

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
chino11:

Yes GOD first spoke to the Oyibos that was why they got to the moon when Africans were still in the stone age..

Today Oyibo is speaking through the Igbos..see pictures below..

Show me part of Nigeria that can challenge the Igbos in these..? That is the perspective am talking about..

Hold on...seven more to go...
Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by mike404(m): 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

SLAVE CAN'T YOU LIST YOUR ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT INVOLVING YOUR MASTERS

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Hold on...seven more to go...

You don't have a point. Are these people you listed yorobars?

Answer me..are they yorobars??

Am only trying to prove to you that Igbos are only trailing the Europe, China and US in the world of advancement. Simple!

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2014

Back in 1967...two years before the US landed on the Moon, this fellow died. He was already selected to be an astronaut, but died in a plane crash before he could go.

Re: Aguleri Town Masquerade Festival In Anambra (pictures) by chino11(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77, I think you are a troll..

Why are you posting people that are not related to any Nigerian tribe? I want you to tell me that those are yorobars..

Now this is an Igboman in the UK Parliament, he is also the Shadow Secretary in Cameron's government- Chuka Umunna from Anambra state..

Show your yorobarman..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation / Why We Cancelled Yoruba Cultural Ceremony, Isese Festival – Emir Of Ilorin

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56