Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

2013 Glo-CAF Awards - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (87663 Views)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Mikel, Moses & Utaka Nominated For CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by futurewise11(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
thats too mean bro.
baby-boy:
Abeg where is Safarigirl?

abi she don go chop rat poison
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ideyvexnow: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year. cry cry cry

ngoziama: Why not mikel. I have never been that crazy about mikel but I wanted mikel to win that.it is so unfair.mikel deserved it at least for bringing the cup of nations to nigeria. Am so sad. Issa hayaoutu should have as well taken this award to his home country. Yes yaya is good but I must confess that mikel deserved this. Caf award started well for me but ended on a sad note. I thought mikel would have broken the jinx. Could that have been ojoro or wayo.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by extension: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
If your yeyeman is so good .why did them carry african cup. See how they struggled with senegal to qualify.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Havilah93(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Superstar007: Headlines For Tomorrow's News

APC blames jonathan for mikel obi's loss
at the CAF awards, accuses him of been
Clueless

Jonathan promises to set up a committee
to look into the matter

Elrufai screams yaya toure is number 8 on the sniper list

Obasanjo writes mikel obi an open letter

grin grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by solomon111(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Eifeh:
This is fucking crazy.......... . When
Eto'o defeated J J Okocha, they
said its
because Eto won trophies for his
country and club.
But now they are saying its
individual briliance. God
bless Nigeria
Don't mind the slowpokes.
Okocha was the best african individual player of that era,who terrorized africa and England with mesmerizing jaw breaking skills and dribbles and yet he was consistently robbed on the altar of trophies.
Now the goal-post has changed.
CAF no longer use trophies but individual brilliance.
Smh.
They think we're all idiotts.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by acethean(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
5.00GP:
MIKEL CAN NEVER WIN AFRICA FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR. because HIS PERFORMANCE HIS RELATIVELY LOW...
I DON'T SEE MIKEL HAS A CONTENDER FOR THE NEXT YEAR AWARD!!!
THIS IS A BIG BLOW TO THE IBO
HAHAHA
oga don't ruined this theard with ur nonsense, abeg carry ur wahala go politic section. Before ur mates go enter con derail theard for persons
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by LordCenturion(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
bizibrain: Ok, I hear u If mikel av b[i][/i]een ur blood-brother, would u av tip yaya.

D only tin wey pain me b say mikel or any Nigeria player may nt get close 2 dis in 2014. Its obvious nw, club performance was d main yardstick.

Oga ,so, Mikel nah your blood brother Now ,abi?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by afoobiggy700(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Eifeh:
Yaya Toure: I'll also like to tank
my brother Mikel Obi who also
deserve the Award!
Drogba was @ d ceremony,
Toure didn't acknowledge Him!
That Means even Toure knows
Mikel should have won it!
When will CAF stop depriving
Nigeria players?
That's how they deprived Jay Jay
this same award, even when
every knows He should have @
least won!
If e no talk doz wordz, u want make mikel go commit sucide ?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by 500GP: 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
CHELSEA GO DEDUCT THE TRANSPORT FARE FROM MIKEL WAGES.....

YAYA TOURE 2015 IS YOURS
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by emmadan(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
5.00GP:

WHAT WAS MIKEL CONTRIBUTION TO THE TEAM IN NATIONS CUP 2013...

MIKEL IS NOT FIT ENOUGH
STFU.mikel contributed massively at the nations cup.my problem is not in why mikel lost the award or why yaya toure won the award,my problem is that caf is a french cult.they knew vry well that enyeama would av made it a hard one 4 yaya toure,they omitted enyeama 4rm the top 3....!all the same congrats to yaya toure and the confederation of african french football{CAFF}.una do well.amouttahere.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by binbass(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Poor show, Sunday Oliseh really fuckup.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

What's the criteria sef ?

And for those fools using goals scored ! Must a player score goals in order to be World Footballer ? Haven't you seen GoalKeeper and Defender winning the trophy before ?

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

And for those fools using goals scored ! Must a player score goals in order to be World Footballer ? Haven't you seen GoalKeeper and Defender winning the trophy before ?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Havilah93(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.

Lets try and comply with the rules please.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by babyboy3(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Can you imagine the Name Mikel goes out as APOTY all over Europe?

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by networld: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH THE AWARDS

STEPS TO ACTIVATE GLO MAGIC SIM BY YOURSELF
(THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON COMPUTER)

What you expect...
- It browses at the speed 7.2mb/s.
- It works on all device except a blackberry phone.
- It works on both PC and Mobile device.
- Once configured, you can use till you loose your sim.
- It cost you only a token to configure the glo magic sim

SEE TUTORIAL LINK BELOW>

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by 500GP: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
THIS IS HOW GOATLUCK WILL LOSE IN 2015...

WOO!!! YAYA SURE PASS.....

GOATLUCK WILL WRITE OPEN LETTER TOMORROW TO CAF

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by babyboy3(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Zhangkum: Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

Really
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ddonolu: 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ooops!!! See ero sha... Ontop AFOY

Mk I pass my own comment

1) Whether Mikel was in the best position to win it or not, CAF wouldn't gv him d award, my reasons: a) 53 coaches n captains voted for d award, nw tel me, aw many of the 53coaches n captains belong to anglophone countries and aw many to francophone countries How many english speaking country's players av won the award since the past 14yrs

The fact is that CaF favours francophone countries to anglophone countries
B) I hear ppl say mikel obi neva contributed to nigerian success in 2013... Then whoever says that is a BLIND FOOLISH FOOL THAT LACTS INTELLECTUAL CONTENT OF VALUE... That means d individuals only read statistics on espn, goal or livescores, the individual never watched all nigeria's competition games in 2013... Even a fool knows of MIkel 's setpieces, dribbling, ball control etc on the pitch, u dnt nid to score goals to show u r d best, the goals he scored thruout 2013, where just 2(both chlsea n nigeria) bt dey we're influential goals, that came to salvage both teams... So wat are u nw telln me. He is bad yet he was regular in the champions league, europa league which he won, played his best in the super cup. For nigeria, right from the first match to the final in the afcon, he was exceptional with his setpieces, he helpd us achieve dat.... We played in the confederations cup, he was da bomb.... Frm tahiti till spain..... Aw on earth will u tell me he is not great, he dribbled a whole xavi, I mean xavi, iniesta n d likes... I knw some asses wl quote me wrong der, bt u can watch d match again... And find out wat am saying..... E scored d equaliser against uruguaY which was vital though we lost, bt it showed he was a great player for a midfielder to take up d role of an attacker jes to save d team from defeat. Fine, yaya helped his team also bt it wasn't as influential as wat mikel did... Mikel was God sent for nigeria's squad in 2013.... Or u fink mourinho is unlearned to jes make him a regular DM Or u fink enyeama ddnt perform beta than drogba in 2013

3) Yaya toure won it fine, bt all I knw is that CAF was partial with their judgement, I pray mikel n enyeama will make it to the last 3 nxt year! They did the same for okocha years back, he was always nominated bt neva won it...... Well iss_ntn! I WONT BE SURPISED IF MESSI WINS THE BALLON DO'OR AT THE EXPENSE OF RONALDO, FIFA & CAF R BROTHERS IN CRIME... Thnks for readn ***drops mic**

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Superstar007(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Some bloggers will be like-----

►here are 5 reasons why MIKEL
OBI didn't win CAF Player of the
year!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by solomon111(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
baby-boy:
Can you imagine the Name Mikel goes out as APOTY all over Europe?
Are you an european?
Why should you care about what europeans think?
The award is not meant to be subject to the dictates of europe.
I hope you know that europeans don't care about what africans think about their awards.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by babyboy3(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
solomon111: Are you an european?
Why should you care about what europeans think?
The award is not meant to be subject to the dictates of europe.
I hope you know that europeans don't care about what africans think about their awards.

Tell me who started the Award? Africans or Europeans
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ceejay4real(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
5.00GP:
MIKEL CAN NEVER WIN AFRICA FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR. because HIS PERFORMANCE HIS RELATIVELY LOW...

I DON'T SEE MIKEL HAS A CONTENDER FOR THE NEXT YEAR AWARD!!!

THIS IS A BIG BLOW TO THE IBO

HAHAHA
U ar an slowpoke! Wetin concern Igbo with CAF Awards? U ar just a demented piece of SCUM! Bloody TRIBALIST!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Akiika: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Why are you guys boring us with all these incorrect grammar because of a black and white situation. Toure won because he deserved it better than Mikel.
BTW, I suggest Seun should get a translator, so when people type in their local languages, it gets translated automatically. The rate at which young Nigerians murder english here is alarming. Awon olodo omo! wey be say dem settle themselves out of school.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
awesome99: ...i've been observing you lately,you're mouthed

wink
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by meforyou1(m): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAF should never bring this their franco fraud to nigeria again.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by solomon111(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
baby-boy:

Tell me who started the Award? Africans or Europeans
What kind of morønic question is this?
The APOTY award was started by CAF 21 years ago.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by maxdozie(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
This is just rubbish.. And 4our nigeria brothers saying mikel doesnt deserve the award.. Take my word u dnt deserve to be a nigerian... Mikel gave all his best for us @ AFCON ... He helped us bring home that trophy... This is sumtin yaya toure neva could do... I would stand on wat eva ground to say MIKEL OBI 100% DESERVES THAT AWARD.. Thank u

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ifeanyija(m): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
ideyvexnow: Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year. cry cry cry

Why didn't u say Victor Moses should be in the
award list ahead of yaya toure? Cos he won same trophies. Musa also won d nations cup and russia league cup, he shud also be ahead on yaya?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by babyboy3(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
solomon111: What kind of morønic question is this?
The APOTY award was started by CAF 21 years ago.

The award started in 1970
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ifeanyija(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
solomon111: Don't mind the slowpokes.
Okocha was the best african individual player of that era,who terrorized africa and England with mesmerizing jaw breaking skills and dribbles and yet he was consistently robbed on the altar of trophies.
Now the goal-post has changed.
CAF no longer use trophies but individual brilliance.
Smh.
They think we're all idiotts.

Its not all abt dribbling
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by ideyvexnow: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
ifeanyi_ja:

Why didn't u say Victor Moses should be in the
award list ahead of yaya toure? Cos he won same trophies. Musa also won d nations cup and russia league cup, he shud also be ahead on yaya?

CAF should come out now and tell us what criteria they are using to judge who should win the Best player, is it trophies won or individual brilliance?.

No need to keep shifting the post to favour french speaking countries. Remember that they did the same thing to Jay Jay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 / Lionel Messi's N10m A Night 'Le Royal' Hotel (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.