Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

2013 Glo-CAF Awards - Sports (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (87694 Views)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Mikel, Moses & Utaka Nominated For CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Award don finish.. Mikel don fly back. Case closed. lemme go self-service and sleep Jare, no time to yarn nonsense.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by HARDDON: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
emmadan: STFU.mikel contributed massively at the nations cup.my problem is not in why mikel lost the award or why yaya toure won the award,my problem is that caf is a french cult.they knew vry well that enyeama would av made it a hard one 4 yaya toure,they omitted enyeama 4rm the top 3....!all the same congrats to yaya toure and the confederation of african french football{CAFF}.una do well.amouttahere.

Wow,confederation of arican French football..... wora finese
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by solomon111(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
ifeanyi_ja:

Its not all abt dribbling
Dribbling is part of individual brilliance and okocha was one of the best individually brilliant players to come out of africa and yet he never won a single CAF award even though he was nominated.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by gwas(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2014
Mikel lucky boy, he shouldn't even be among the nominees.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Texykool: Hahahahahahahaha
cheesycheesycheesycheesy

Yaya Toure wins!

Haters are not gonna have a good night sleep... cheesy

Bastien, Shankboye, KingMEXX, Jarus, Dotcom_na_me_na_me...

Join me celebrate abeg.

Oliseh knew already... That was why he was not composed... Hehehehe.

#TeamYaya all the way...
A Toast to that cool

But I still love Mikel when putting on a Chelsea and Naija shirt wink cheesy
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by CeaserB: 12:11am On Jan 10, 2014
@OP Where is the update on the list of awardees? You still have the nominees' list on the first page. Please update thanks.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by gwas(m): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Eifeh:
This is fucking crazy.......... . When
Eto'o defeated J J Okocha, they
said its
because Eto won trophies for his
country and club.
But now they are saying its
individual briliance. God
bless Nigeria
Eto was an outstanding player and could be compared to Okocha, and plus the fact that his team won trophies. While comparing Mikel and Yaya is like comparing an elephant to a mosquito. The difference between them is sharply contrasted!!!
Personally, I like Mikel, but I'm not a biased character.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dagr8(m): 12:38am On Jan 10, 2014
ideyvexnow:

CAF should come out now and tell us what criteria they are using to judge who should win the Best player, is it trophies won or individual brilliance?.

No need to keep shifting the post to favour french speaking countries. Remember that they did the same thing to Jay Jay.

Coaches and captains of the 53 countries in Africa voted the winner, is not a panel of judges thing

Is a well deserved award for Yaya IMO
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 1:09am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: make she clear road, how visitor go dey talk pass you for your house.

#teamMikel
Askari girl cheesy
Hope you will port to Brown Ideye now tongue

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by safarigirl(f): 1:59am On Jan 10, 2014
colo$$u$:

Askari girl cheesy
Hope you will port to Brown Ideye now tongue
how did Enyeama lose to Yeye Toure?

Enyeama was better than all 3 nominees, dem dey mumu una and una dey gree them. SMH. Giant of africa indeed
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 2:45am On Jan 10, 2014
cr7lomo.:
Safari girl and d rest, we rest our case
Aiswear we rest our case. If Mikel had won she for no let us hear word.
Comparing Mikel with Yaya is like comparing Tecno with Samsung grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 3:03am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: how did Enyeama lose to Yeye Toure?

Enyeama was better than all 3 nominees, dem dey mumu una and una dey gree them. SMH. Giant of africa indeed
Say that in 2016 my dear cos Yaya is going to win it again next year. By then you'll port from Mikel to Brown Ideye cheesy
Know it now that the King of Africa (Yaya) made the 23-man shortlist for the Ballon D'or.
If he's the only African among the 1st 23 in the world for 2012/2013, I wonder why he won't be the AFOTY.

P.S: Enyeama was fantastic, but he wasn't better than Yaya Toure.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 3:23am On Jan 10, 2014
CFCfan: Well, congrats to Yaya Toure; but CAF has just made it known to the world that its AFCON tournament holds no value in their award shows.
Enyeama and Victor Moses were better than Mikel at AFCON.
I remember our 1st match in AFCON, Nigerians created this
| |
vv

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by koredelomo(m): 3:46am On Jan 10, 2014
sadDaylight robbry live in lagos sorry mikel
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by koredelomo(m): 3:53am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: how did Enyeama lose to Yeye Toure?

I hear u
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Snoggy: [size=23]LOL! From January to December, Mikel scored only one goal grin grin . . .is that the kinda player that deserves to be called Africa's best player? Forget trophies. Mikel is lame. He should better step-up angry

January 13th on my mind. grin[/size]

EWU the award is the best player not the best scorer..... then goalkeepers and defenders should not be nominated at the first place, Yoruba ppl with their IGBO hatred shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by hotwax: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

EWU the award is the best player not the best scorer..... then goalkeepers and defenders should not be nominated at the first place, Yoruba ppl with their IGBO hatred shocked shocked

What does tribalism got to do with fact? Is Mikel anyway near Yaya Toure? This is fcking joke. FYI I am a chelsea fan. I always prefer Luiz in the mid-field.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Danjuma827(m): 7:52am On Jan 10, 2014
Havilah93: The 2013 Glo – CAF Awards

The Gala event will be held in Lagos, Nigeria on the 9th of January 2014.
The event has since been held in five cities; the 2005 edition was held in Abuja (Nigeria), 2006 in Accra (Ghana), 2007-Lome (Togo), 2008-Lagos (Nigeria), 2009-Accra (Ghana), 2010 in Cairo (Egypt) and the last two editions in Accra Ghana.

Joho Obi Mikel (Nigeria), Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) are the final nominees for the African Footballer of the year award.

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure is the current African Player of the Year having won the last two editions while the 2013 African Player of the Year – Based in Africa winner is Mohamed Aboutreka of Egypt.

Award Categories

African Player of the Year

African Player of the Year - Based in Africa

National Team of the Year

Women’s National Team of the Year

Club of the Year

CAF Fair Play Award

Coach of the Year

Most Promising talent

Women’s Footballer of the Year

Referee of the Year

CAF Legend

Africa Fines XI

CAF Platinum Award

www.cafonline.com/caf/awards/awards-news/418-caf-announces-2013-awards-date-and-venue.html
yaya toure is my man come rain come shine
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Rafaell(m): 7:58am On Jan 10, 2014
ifeanyi_ja:

Its not all abt dribbling

ok. wat is it abt ?
Goalscorin... ? so telme, hw many goals did Cannavaro score wen he won World Footballer of de Year ?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by solomon111(m): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2014
hotwax:

What does tribalism got to do with fact? Is Mikel anyway near Yaya Toure? This is fcking joke. FYI I am a chelsea fan. I always prefer Luiz in the mid-field.
No true chelsea fan with a good knowledge of football will prefer luiz in midfield.
Luiz is erratic and lacks positional awareness and discipline to play in the pivot.
Play luiz in the pivot against a world class team and get destroyed.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by turndray(m): 8:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Chai....<b>CAF SHA</b>..
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by hotwax: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2014
solomon111: No true chelsea fan with a good knowledge of football will prefer luiz in midfield.
Luiz is erratic and lacks positional awareness and discipline to play in the pivot.
Play luiz in the pivot against a world class team and get destroyed.

We have good attack when Luiz play in the mid-field. Mikel just pass the ball back. Yaya doesnt pass the ball back.

Yaya move it forward.

Ask a Liverpool fan, they will tell you how Luiz was a nuiscance. Dont tell me Liverpool is not world class.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2014
Austeenx: Go for glory, Yaya.
I heard that some Nigerian god, Amadioha, predicted 'bout your victory. That's good news, you know.

This is why we need to fear Amadioha. grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dotcomnamename: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2014
[size=15pt]The single FACT is: MIKEL OBI does not deserve African Footballer Of The Year. Yaya Toure is over 1 million percent better than Mikel in Football both home and away. Wetin Mikel dey play? Yaya is better than him. I don't know why some Nigerians and their skulls are so full of bias and sentiment instead of saying the fact. It is this bias and sentiment that destroys Nigeria and they will still keep shouting Nigeria is not good. Are u making Nigeria good for been bias and sentiment when you knew the truth?[/size]
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dotcomnamename: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

[size=20pt]Goal is among what they consider

IF YOU TALK AGAIN, AWON BOYS MA GBA OJUEEEEEEE[/size]

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dotcomnamename: 9:33am On Jan 10, 2014
bizibrain: Ok, I hear u.

If mikel av been ur blood-brother, would u av tip yaya.

D only tin wey pain me b say mikel or any Nigeria player may nt get close 2 dis in 2014. Its obvious nw, club performance was d main yardstick.

Story, while Yaya don reach house with CAF award..

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Jiganakala: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2014
Year under review. Mikel won Europa cup with Club and won AFCOn with Nigeria. If Mikel had won it, club and national team would have been a leverage for him but most times organizers had looked at personal contribution. If we are to rate the contributions of Mikel and Yaya to their clubs and Nations objectively, we Yaya is miles ahead of Mikel. City cannot afford to wish Yaya injured or think of selling him at this present time. Cote'id voire will prefer Drogba to miss world cup than Yaya. He was the only African representative on the 23-man shortlist for FIFA's World Player of the Year award and was also chosen by supporters in the Premier League's Team of 2013.Yaya Chelsea can afford to sell Mikel today if worst come to worst and Nigeria can still present a formidable team in the absence of Mikel. If we are to rate our players performance in AFCOn, I am sure Enyeama, Emenike and Moses will rate higher than Mikel.
As it is Yaya will win the award for 2014 going by his performance so far this season unless something catastrophic happens to him and affect his performance. City may win the FA cup and look like the only team that can stop Arsenal from winning the EPL.

But I must say CAF just like FIFA can be inconsistent sometimes, it is individual performance this time, they may claim team or country performance.

If you are to be a national team coach or a club coach and you have the option of taking either Yaya or Mikel, who will you take. honest answer please

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Rafaell(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2014
hotwax:

who gives an etch! who you prefer ?? Who are U sef ?
nonentity... mtchewwww
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2014
Rafaell:

nonentity... mtchewwww
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by hotwax: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2014
Rafaell:

nonentity... mtchewwww

Stop crying man. Go and die. Dancing scelewu for Yaya.

Happy for him. Let sour looser die with all their tribe. Fu<k brains
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Dfavouredone: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2014
l literally watched the event just going thru this thread. Action by Action. Performer by Performer. Award by Award. Nairaland Rocks.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by biopat(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2014
Jiganakala: Year under review. Mikel won Europa cup with Club and won AFCOn with Nigeria. If Mikel had won it, club and national team would have been a leverage for him but most times organizers had looked at personal contribution. If we are to rate the contributions of Mikel and Yaya to their clubs and Nations objectively, we Yaya is miles ahead of Mikel. City cannot afford to wish Yaya injured or think of selling him at this present time. Cote'id voire will prefer Drogba to miss world cup than Yaya. He was the only African representative on the 23-man shortlist for FIFA's World Player of the Year award and was also chosen by supporters in the Premier League's Team of 2013.Yaya Chelsea can afford to sell Mikel today if worst come to worst and Nigeria can still present a formidable team in the absence of Mikel. If we are to rate our players performance in AFCOn, I am sure Enyeama, Emenike and Moses will rate higher than Mikel.
As it is Yaya will win the award for 2014 going by his performance so far this season unless something catastrophic happens to him and affect his performance. City may win the FA cup and look like the only team that can stop Arsenal from winning the EPL.

But I must say CAF just like FIFA can be inconsistent sometimes, it is individual performance this time, they may claim team or country performance.

If you are to be a national team coach or a club coach and you have the option of taking either Yaya or Mikel, who will you take. honest answer please
Well said Bro!
I ll take yaya again n again!!!

Yesterday, it was trophies won. Today, individual brilliance... Shey CAF dey mad ni?
They should better come up with a system where both individual brilliance n trophies won r considered!

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 / Lionel Messi's N10m A Night 'Le Royal' Hotel (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.