Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze (38937 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Rivers High Court Building On Fire / Confusion As Police Break Into Rivers High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by naijaspeak(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
A state of emergency could be imposed on River state by the federal government. Our political class have failed in the responsibility to discharge their duty to the nation. If only they could understand that they are there to serve the country and not to fill their pocket with public money. Furthermore, apart from stealing our money, our public officers in rivers state are destroying and bombing away our hardearned property instead of preserving this structures.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by hustleranthem(m): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
MissyDivah: Jesus Christ!!!!
wetin Jesu do u na shocked
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by cannonnier(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
khamas19: ..oga jonathan- the shoeless one, control that

runaway locomotive u call a wife....

is this politics? the whole world is watching...and one dingbat created a thread

calling Jonathan a catalyst for change

i swear it was'nt me
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by omoeso(m): 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hoodlums bomb Rivers High Court, SANs kick

JANUARY 6, 2014 BY SUCCESS NWOGU, ILORIN

The Rivers State House of Assembly Port Harcourt.
The political crisis rocking Rivers State took a dangerous dimension on Monday as an explosive, suspected to be a bomb, rocked a state High Court, Ahoada.

No casualty had been reported as of the time of filing this report.

The case of contempt of court against Mr. Evans Bipi, the leader of the group of six lawmakers in the state House of Assembly, loyal to the Supervisory Minister of Education, Mr. Nyisom Wike, was slated to be heard.

In spite of the order of the court, Bipi is reported to still be parading himself as the authentic Speaker of the Rivers House of Assembly.

Meanwhile, two Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Mr. Yusuf Ali and Mr. Adeniyi Akintola, have condemned the burning of a High Court in Ahaoda, Rivers State.

In separate telephone interviews with our correspondent in Ilorin on Monday, they warned against a recurrence.

Ali, who is the Chairman, Anti-Corruption Commission, Nigerian Bar Association, urged security agencies to apprehend the culprits and ensure that the full weight of the law was brought to bear on the perpetrators, if the act was intentional.

“I strongly condemn the act if it was deliberate. I condemn it with every fibre in me. The security agencies should go after the perpetrators if it was intentional. If it is arson, then we must get to the root of it,” Ali said.

Akintola appealed to the political class to avoid over-heating the polity.

He warned that nothing should be done to jeorpardise the nation’s democracy and inhibit judicial activities and quick dispensation of justice.

Akintola said, “The burning of the court is highly despicable and condemnable. I condemn it in all its entirety.

“I want to appeal to the political class to be very careful. Some of us fought and put our lives on the line for this democracy.

“It is quite unfortunate that some of those who had no iota of contribution or know the geography of any detention camp are the ones reaping the benefits. They have to be very careful.”

Details later

punchng.com/news/hoodlums-bomb-rivers-high-court
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by experimentist: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
So what's the 411 now? Things aint good-looking in Rivers. These guys are becoming toooo desperate for power! What is the govt doing now, I need a full detail of thing asap.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by whitecat007: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mama peace has arrived in rivers!
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by dammytosh: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tonylyte: Amaechi is a person. Watever happens to river state, blame it on the asswipe! He invited terrorists(Buhari and Tinubu) into rivers in the first place.

You are due for check up.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by meekhat: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
All this APC sponsored news reporters; always bias in reporting issues. NONSENSE. They always paint Rotimi Amechi and his gang as saint whilst every insider knows Amaechi's rascality and militant approach to issues is unequaled. I give op western media propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Isinimibo: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hw much did they gave U? I hope that money will last with u for Internity; see beyond ur nose, they are deceiving U.

is this politics? the whole world is watching...and one dingbat created a thread

of cos he is a catalyst for change...

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by ameeg(m): 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ok just listening sha tongue undecided but, jona, jona, jona na wa for thee o
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by packman: 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
[size=20pt]no need to comment......

as long as it is GEJ and his CREW

THEN I WOULD SAY IT IS AS EXPECTED

BOTH GEJ AND PDP ARE HEADED FOR DOOM

LET THE SHOW GO ON

I WOULD JUST WATCHING

TILL WHEN ALL COMERADE WOULD COME AND MATCH TO THE HORN OF WAR

(OCCUPYNIGERIA)(REVOLUTIONNIGERIA) TILL 2015

WE ARE WAITING.... PATIENTLY [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by justpazin: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
dammytosh:

You are due for check up.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by donblade85: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Boko haram
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by WukedP(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
eGuerrilla: The forces of darkness are committed to enthroning a breakdown of law and order in Rivers state.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com
Mr man we are not blind here o.. Is this som kind of a joke or somtin? Everybody is a news vendor now, besides dat man in ur pics is not Joseph mbu ok? F.o.ol
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Akiika: 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
The intent is to mastermind confusion so that they can declare a state of emergency in Rivers a.k.a fire Amaechi.
GEJ and his handlers keeps getting it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Slyp: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo: I told you guys on Nairaland that the Presidency were arming youths in Bayelsa and Rivers since last year and people seem not to believe. There is also counter-arming going on right now which means there will be a war in Rivers and Bayelsa State in a few months. Very serious war.
Why do people always clamouring for war? Do you think this is the best way to resolve issues? War is not good please let everyone play safe.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Isinimibo: 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
packman: [size=20pt]no need to comment......
as long as it is GEJ and his CREW
THEN I WOULD SAY IT IS AS EXPECTED
BOTH GEJ AND PDP ARE HEADED FOR DOOM
LET THE SHOW GO ON
I WOULD JUST WATCHING
TILL WHEN ALL COMERADE WOULD COME AND MATCH TO THE HORN OF WAR
(OCCUPYNIGERIA)(REVOLUTIONNIGERIA) TILL 2015
WE ARE WAITING.... PATIENTLY [/size]
gratiaeo: Rivers don turn to Osun, Ogun etc
APC i hail theeeeeeee!!!
Which APC?

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by lafuria1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is a tip of how south south Nigeria will be when they become a sovereign country. The only thing holding the south south together is the presidency. Remove that, chaos will return due to power tussle.

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Eazeee(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
i dont expect Nigerians to b as dumb as d Op and d people accusing d said Evans Bippi. isnt it crystal clear that once d court is bombed accusing fingers will point straight @ d Evans Bippi considering he is to appear b4 d same court. i see no logic in Bippi bombing d court but rather d hand work of Ameachi n APC in a desperate attempt to point Bippi and Patience Jonathan black n culprits. politics is a game n Ameachi and APC are playing a dirty game in an environment where they have no relevance

UP MIDDLE BELT REGION!
DEATH TO AREWA REPUBLIC!
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by mikkyokilo: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
I want to sell my Sony Xperia arc S just 4 months old with the original charger usb cord and the phone pack, Already upgraded to 4.04 with BBM. 8MP Camera, HD video recording, 3D sweep panaroma, sycnc with the playstation 3 for give you a real gaming experience..... For 25000 call me on 08177634209

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
mikeujoel:

Do you have proof that she ordered the release of the miscreants and their weapons? Be careful what you say on a public forum.

UR RIGHT
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
iamtheprincipal: That stack illiterate of the President's wife should be arrested urgently for being the master mind of this chaos and anachy in her home state of Rivers...

YOU THINK YOU DISPARAGING THE IMAGE OF PATIENCE WITH A PSEUDO NAME MAKES YOU INVISIBLE TO CATCH AND ASKED TO PROVE WHAT U JUST SAID. UR LAPTOP IP/MAC ADDRESS WILL REVEAL YOU IF THEY WNT TO CATCH YOU.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
THhe governmebt is a mirror of the society. wWghat a pity!!
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
THhe governmebt is a mirror of the society. What a pity!!
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by funshint(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
explorerataga: WELL I AM IN FRONT OF THE SO CALLED BURNT COURT.... Why all this cheap lies na... God Punish this person oooooo
Shutup you're the real liar...even Punch has confirmed it. "Punch" that I know will never carry an unverified news. GEJ/PDP is gradually losing credibility in Rivers state infact they've just succeeded in pushing more pple sympathy towards Amaechi. GEJ is damn too desperate!!! http://www.punchng.com/news/hoodlums-bomb-rivers-high-court/
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by halloween70(m): 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo: I told you guys on Nairaland that the Presidency were arming youths in Bayelsa and Rivers since last year and people seem not to believe. There is also counter-arming going on right now which means there will be a war in Rivers and Bayelsa State in a few months. Very serious war.
Prophet of dome
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by funshint(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
el bin manny: Them don start again... shocked shocked shocked

Make una no forget say Chris Ngige once detonated a bomb at Anambra Government House just to make it look like he was under attack from OBJ and Chris Uba.

These APC chaps are just capable of doing anything undecided
See your life...distorting history as usual. These yeebos I don't blame them. Anybody who is black and can claim to be a descendant from Jews can be equated to a fool no doubt. Not surprised by whatever you pple say. I just pity your unborn generations. Eediot!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by solomon111(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
This's what happens when you fetch infested firewood into your own house.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by prophetone(m): 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
The solution is to return power back to its rightful owners. Totally fool-proof, but ego will not allow it. Time however, will ensure it.
Re: Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze by true2god: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I appreciate your doggedness in backing your comments with references from the media.

However, if you dissect the tune and style of the publication you quoted, it's obvious the reporter has been highly compromised and has taken the burden to understudy, investigate and pass judgement using gossips which is against the ethics of journalism.

I think this guy deserves the role of a moderator on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graphic! Killings Continue Unabated In PLATEAU State, Under The Watch Of STF Co / "Donald Trump May Pull US From Fight Against Boko Haram In Nigeria" - Soyinka / Apostle Suleman Prays For Governor Obaseki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.