Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University (16137 Views)

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" / Scholarships Available To Nigerian Undergraduates In Niaja Universities / The Reach Magazine Offers American Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by kingsdaughter: 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
The Petroleum Training Development Fund, PTDF, has given scholarships to 60 students to study oil and gas-related courses at Ostfold University College in Fredrikstad, Norway.

The Executive Secretary of the PTDF, Oluwole Oluleye, said this on Saturday in Abuja at the departure ceremony organised for the students.
Mr. Oluleye, who was represented by the General Manager (Administration and Human Resources) of the Fund, Balarabe Ahmad, said that the programme was organised in partnership with United Nations Institute for Training and Research and was also part of the PTDF’s intervention efforts in the Niger Delta area and other parts of the country to empower the youth.

He said the students – 12 girls and 48 boys – were selected from various secondary schools across the country, adding, however, that 70 per cent of them were from the Niger Delta region.

Mr. Oluleye noted that the Fund was known for training people via local and overseas scholarship schemes at postgraduate levels, adding that it decided to extend the scheme to cover undergraduates because of the success of the programme.

“The Fund decided that it would also be beneficial to Nigeria if youths were given the opportunity to explore various undergraduate programmes under the Amnesty Programme of the Federal Government. The Federal Government has designed various programmes to engage our youths in such a way that they will contribute meaningfully to national development, while steering them away from militancy and mischief,” he said.
Mr. Oluleye warned the students against being carried away by the euphoria of their success in the selection process, advising them rather to work hard and make the country proud.

In his speech, the General Manager (Education Programme) of the Fund, Hammed Galadima, said that there were more than 600 Nigerian students studying in various universities across the world under the aegis of the PTDF
He advised the students to abide by the terms of the scholarship which, he said, excluded the extension of the programme due to poor performance.

“There will be no room for you to repeat; you should ensure that that you finish your programme within the given time” he warned.
One of the students, Doubre Peter, who is from Warri, Delta, thanked the Federal Government for the opportunity given to him through the scheme, pledging to make Nigeria proud.
Mohammed Mohammed, another beneficiary from Salisu International Secondary School, Katsina, said that the award was a rare gesture, stressing that he would make the best out of it.

A female beneficiary, Aresuo Isu-Sylvanus , who is from Bayelsa, said that the scholarship would give her life meaning, adding that she would strive to contribute her own quota to Nigeria’s development.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152696-ptdf-gives-scholarships-60-nigerian-undergraduates-norwegian-university.html

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by makzeze: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2014
First to comment. Space reserved.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Cooldude001: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Why not America? cool

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by alienvirus: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2014
Such scholarship will never get to the less privileged in the society.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by abbeylanre007: 8:03am On Jan 07, 2014
USA is expensive! USA is expensive!
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Kenneylee(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2014
I hope n pray the beneficiaries will be allowed to contribute to the building of the nation. UpLiftingTheNation
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Iamoilprince(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2014
70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".

3 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by leonshom(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2014
That's quite good anyway ! Congrats 2d chosen few !!
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by damlag(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Congrats peeps
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ajilay(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Is a welcome dvelopment.despite the scholarship is for those big man pickin.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by plainmirror(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2014
A very good development, I hope more citizenry dividends is been accorded to the masses at large
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by premlove(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Good development
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by warrikid(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2014
Good idea,just that the selection process always tends to favour the elites. I've seen it time n again. Congrats to dem kids tho. Enjoy ur stay in peaceful Norway.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by alotofgrace(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2014
He said the students – 12 girls and 48 boys –[size=20pt] were selected[/size] from various secondary schools across the country, adding, however, that 70 per cent of them were from the Niger Delta region.

angry angry angry
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by warrikid(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Iamoilprince: 70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".

#TrueStory
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by stdavidsally: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2014
Nice one
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Sirsijo(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2014
Typical Nigeria... Same would have happend if the president was either a northerner, 70% to northerners, SW 70% to them. God bless Nigeria and i wish the kids best of luck.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2014
My cousin is currently benefiting from something like this, though I'm not sure the country where he is, but I know he is on Mr President's scholarship for 1st class students.

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by omusiliyu(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Congrat to all the 60 students. So sad that i'm not from Niger-delta region, but can say that my brilliancy is wasted here.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by jayAjoku(m): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2014
naija we hail thee. Nobody gas tell us say frm the 60people 48 na man know man waka.. Change we cant see
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by alotofgrace(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Promhize: My cousin is currently benefiting from something like this, though I don't the country where he is but he is on Mr President's scholarship for 1st class students.

thats different mr.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by nerodenero: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2014
warrikid: Good idea,just that the selection process always tends to favour the elites. I've seen it time n again. Congrats to dem kids tho. Enjoy ur stay in peaceful Norway.
ajilay: Is a welcome dvelopment.despite the scholarship is for those big man pickin.
Iamoilprince: 70% from Niger Delta and they forgot to mention that 95% of beneficiaries were based on politics "Man Knw Man".
alienvirus: Such scholarship will never get to the less privileged in the society.
jayAjoku: naija we hail thee. Nobody gas tell us say frm the 60people 48 na man know man waka.. Change we cant see
All the comments above clearly shows that the masses have seriously lost confidence in the leaders of our dear country. It is a true reflection of how bad leadership has reduced us to virtually nothing.I just keeping wondering when we will get it right.

2 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by ignis: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2014
I Hope the selection method is not dominated by corruption and connection. If it is, then It's a waste of resources.
Congrats to the beneficiaries.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by atlwireles: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2014
Publish their names. Don't give us 70% are from the Nigerdelta nonsense. I want to see a list with peoples names.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2014
alotofgrace:

thats different mr.

Yeah, that's why I said "something like this" at least to convince people that the scholarship is real and he was chosen on merit, at least I'm sure he knows no one in govt
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by madnigerian: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2014
Cooldude001: Why not America? cool

Norway has a good education system...and most importantly has a very good petroleum industry.

2 Likes

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2014
nerodenero: All the comments above clearly shows that the masses have seriously lost confidence in the leaders of our dear country. It is a true reflection of how bad leadership has reduced us to virtually nothing.I just keeping wondering when we will get it right.

Pessimism is personal.

I think 60 is still a small no tho, but this government has shown you don't have to know someone to benefit from its program, youwin is an example.

1 Like

Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by PastorOluT(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2014
?
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by alotofgrace(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2014
Promhize:

Yeah, that's why I said "something like this" at least to convince people that the scholarship is real and he was chosen on merit, at least I'm sure he knows no one in govt

oga was ur cous selected or merited?
read points in posts before commenting undecided
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2014
alotofgrace:
oga was ur cous selected or merited?
read points in posts before commenting undecided

All forms of Selection are based on one form of merit or the other. They can't select a 5Cs student over a 5As student (both from niger delta)
atlwireles: Publish their names. Don't give us 70% are from the Nigerdelta nonsense. I want to see a list with peoples names.

Although this is not a full list but its something, anyone interested could confirm at the mentioned schools.

One of the students, Doubre Peter, who is from Warri, Delta, thanked the Federal Government for the opportunity given to him through the scheme, pledging to make Nigeria proud.
Mohammed Mohammed, another beneficiary from Salisu International Secondary School, Katsina, said that the award was a rare gesture, stressing that he would make the best out of it.
A female beneficiary, Aresuo Isu-Sylvanus , who is from Bayelsa, said that the scholarship would give her life meaning, adding that she would strive to contribute her own quota to Nigeria’s development.
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by tunex23: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2014
ignis: I Hope the selection method is not dominated by corruption and connection. If it is, then It's a waste of resources.
Congrats to the beneficiaries.
wetin you expect .....na PDP pikin full am
Re: PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University by bigx(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2014
alienvirus: Such scholarship will never get to the less privileged in the society.

I was less privileged when I was in university and I got Total, Shell, NLNG and Mobil scholarships.

I didn't apply for ptdf because I'd passed 1st year when it started but I know people too who were "less privileged" who had this same ptdf in uni then from all over nigeria.

They where all hardworkers and excelled in their studies.

Quit this attitude and work hard, you would be able to achieve whatever you want

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Science & Mathematics Olympiad Past Questions: Free Download / Nigeria Universities And Colleges Ranking The Best Is: / Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.